Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 30, 2015 12:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Damn, all these Avatar characters (I want to see some of their abilities!) Also curious to see how some of their roles will play out in this arc considering this also relates to Zeref. And also, a council Gajeel?!
Stark700Mar 30, 2015 12:29 AM
Mar 30, 2015 12:31 AM

Dec 2012
Gray and his quest for revenge against the Book of E.N.D.
Gajeel and Lily joined the Wizard Council. Nice to see those two again.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 30, 2015 12:33 AM

Apr 2008
Gajeel looks good in council gear. He probably joined to honor the council lady that died before he could save her during the Tartarus Arc.

So either Gray is possessed and he doesn't realize it or he's gone completely insane with his END obsession. It's clear he's not the infiltrator though.

Once again gotta love Natsu's developments so far with how he pieced things together like that and the way he patted LUcy's head reassuringly was just precious.
Mar 30, 2015 12:38 AM

Mar 2011
Nice, nice , nice. Incredibly nice chapter. Things are heating up big time. I wonder how easy it will be to convince everyone to rejon FT. Since the future has changed maybe Gray will kill someone else? Maybe another cat? Maybe Lily? Nyaaaaah. Still awesome chapter. Awesome development. Hope that Avatar will play a bigger role than this mini-arc
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Mar 30, 2015 12:56 AM

Oct 2013
Can't they just kill Gray, please? I liked him before he has gone 'Sasuke', but he needs a punch in the face.
Mar 30, 2015 12:57 AM

Apr 2008
Behemoth11 said:
Can't they just kill Gray, please? I liked him before he has gone 'Sasuke', but he needs a punch in the face.

Well he's got both Natsu AND Gajeel coming for his ass. So a punch should be forthcoming
Mar 30, 2015 1:00 AM

Mar 2012
Hehe, the Avatars are pretty amusing. So Gray is completely out for getting rid of END. I wonder if he'll run into Natsu, Lucy, and Happy first or Gajeel and Lily.

Also, it was neat to Gajeel and Lily join the Wizard Council. I really love how this arc is developing! ^^
Mar 30, 2015 1:04 AM

Dec 2013
Wtf at the end with Gajeel. Council must be desperate for strength if they're letting a guy like him in the council.

Cool chapter. Villains are pretty decent so far.
Mar 30, 2015 1:06 AM

Apr 2008
G_Spark233 said:
Wtf at the end with Gajeel. Council must be desperate for strength if they're letting a guy like him in the council.

He was connected to Councilor Belno remember. He had a connection to the council plus there's no denying he's hella strong
Mar 30, 2015 1:09 AM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
G_Spark233 said:

He was connected to Councilor Belno remember. He had a connection to the council plus there's no denying he's hella strong

Forgot about that.

I know that he's strength is probably the main reason he was let into the council because it definitely wasn't due to how responsible he was.
Mar 30, 2015 1:12 AM

Feb 2015
wow
a council gajeel and lily....

he followed the path of that woman council(forget her name)

next : gajeel + Lily + Natsu + Lucy(and happy) vs. Avatar
come on to battle already...

Mar 30, 2015 1:25 AM

Feb 2015
we've seen this doll before right ?

Mar 30, 2015 1:26 AM

Apr 2013
Gajeel and Lily together on the council looks like they took Lahar's old position. Natsu confides to Lucy and Happy what he has been holding onto for a year, sounds like he did not want to burden them with the info from the translation, I'll wait for Stream and Crunchyroll's version before thinking on anything to much though. So now the who is the spy game starts, I can't even fathom. I'll think about it when I wake up and the other version will be out.
Aqua_ElevenMar 30, 2015 1:31 AM
Mar 30, 2015 1:32 AM

Jul 2007
So Gray is batshit insane. Well, I don't want to say it, but CALLED IT. Mashima's won't repeat the same Silver plot two arcs in a row. Holy shit them insane rape faces. I guess our guesses were right - Gray got DS magic too fast and did not have as muchexperience as Silver , thus the fight with Mard, namely memento mori moment fucked Gray up majorly and corrupted his mind.

So Natsu tells Lucy PART OF the truth and we get more indications that Lucy is NOT OKAY with Natsu hiding shit and everything that happened.

Gajeel being in the council makes sense considering his connections and considering he developed into a trust-worthy and loyal person overthe course of the manga. Council needs people like that.
AhenshihaelMar 30, 2015 1:35 AM
Mar 30, 2015 1:33 AM

Apr 2008
G_Spark233 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Forgot about that.

I know that he's strength is probably the main reason he was let into the council because it definitely wasn't due to how responsible he was.

Here ya go. All the reason needed for Gajeel to join the Council.
Mar 30, 2015 1:43 AM

Oct 2013
Wow, great chapter. Gajeel is in council now and that smirk, both lily and Gajeel BA. Great twist, totally didn't see that coming in all honesty.

Gray's crazyass face though.

Behemoth11 said:

+1. Never had a problem with him until his fight against Mard Geer. "GIMME THAT BOOK!"
Mar 30, 2015 1:47 AM

Apr 2008
Nuvi said:
Wow, great chapter. Gajeel is in council now and that smirk, both lily and Gajeel BA. Great twist, totally didn't see that coming in all honesty.

Behemoth11 said:

+1. Never had a problem with him until his fight against Mard Geer. "GIMME THAT BOOK!"

Remember what happened the last time Gray was obsessed with revenge? Ur died. So much for the so called most developed character when he repeats the same mistake as he did back when he was a little kid
Mar 30, 2015 1:53 AM

Dec 2011
Another good chapter this week..it just keeps on getting better with Gajeel and Lily in the council and about Gray becoming more and more like Sasuke. Looks like Natsu really change for now both mentally and physically...
Mar 30, 2015 1:54 AM

Jun 2013
Wow I did not see that coming with Gajeel joing the council. Whats next man?? All these surprises
Mar 30, 2015 2:07 AM

Jul 2013
All these surprise. This is just getting better and better with each chapter.
Certainly a bit of a surprise seeing Gajeel and Lily in the council.

Waiting for both Gajeel and Natsu to give Gray a good ol' punch in the face :D

Rogue may perhaps be nearby as well. Natsu didn't tell him anything after all..
Mar 30, 2015 2:17 AM

Jul 2007
Also...is Mary in Avatar the SAME Mary as in Ice Trail flashbacks?
Mar 30, 2015 2:19 AM

Apr 2008
CookingPriest said:
Also...is Mary in Avatar the SAME Mary as in Ice Trail flashbacks?

That seems to be the general consensus
Mar 30, 2015 2:35 AM

Jul 2014
'Destroy End. That's my whole reason for living' replace End with Itachi in everything Gray says and hes more or less saying the same thing as Sasuke
Mar 30, 2015 2:48 AM

Jul 2007
vikki7783 said:
'Destroy End. That's my whole reason for living' replace End with Itachi in everything Gray says and hes more or less saying the same thing as Sasuke

Except not?

Saucegay made a conscious decision to turn evil for sake of revenge.

Gray is more akin to Jellal or Future Rogue - someone who has a semi legitimate goal out of honoring someone and then loses their way as they get influenced and driven mad by dark powers they use.

Comparing shit to nardo only shows your lack of knowledge.
Mar 30, 2015 2:54 AM

Dec 2014
It actually looks like it will be better if fairy tail is not formed again. Having characters filling different roles around the world is better than just having them sitting around guild hall.
Mar 30, 2015 3:14 AM

Aug 2012
Oh wow Gajeel and Lily joined the council interesting.
Mar 30, 2015 3:40 AM

Aug 2010
Good chap. I don't know what I missed but why does Grey hate END enough to get obsessed over it to that extent? I found his amount of obsession just out of nowhere <_< He's definitely totally gone dark there....for now? XD

Gajeel and Lily in the Council was nice. I wonder if it'll be easy to make them come back to FT? :P

Natsu's scene with Lucy was nice. She really is gonna explode on him soon. He's been hiding too much shit ^^; She's obviously not liking it.
Mar 30, 2015 3:47 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Nuvi said:

Remember what happened the last time Gray was obsessed with revenge? Ur died. So much for the so called most developed character when he repeats the same mistake as he did back when he was a little kid

I want ti first give props to Natsu development. He is being a great thing to watch...every single chapter is becoming more as a man.

Natsu will be in a path of evil. Remeber that "Scracth my back i will scracth yours"? Things will be the same. Natsu will save Gray from evil just like Gray will save Natsu fomr the evil (END)

I think this will be a development for Gray and Natsu. Both of them will be focused in this MINI-ARC and END-ARC

Nice to see Gajeel. Gajeel doesnt care about Gray.. he just wants to arrest everyone. We might see a battle never seen in FT... Gray vs Gajeel.

But Natsu hates the Council... And the Council wants to arrest one of his bet friends... We might see an argument between Natsu and Gajeel.

PS: Gray vs Natsu and Gajeel? Well... I guess Gray cant handle them both toghter xD

But Gray acutally said if he needs to, he would erase every single member of Avatar xD

And the SPY in Avatar is Jerome
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
Mar 30, 2015 3:47 AM

Dec 2008
Of course, attack an enemy base with absolutely no clear idea of their numbers or strengths. Cuz that ALWAYS goes well for Natsu. smh. Hasn't changed a bit.

Seeing Gajeel & Lily again was nice. I guess they're up next, if they decide to leave the Council.
Mar 30, 2015 3:53 AM

Apr 2008

This pretty much proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gray is not the mole. THe bottom right panel
Mar 30, 2015 4:11 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:

This pretty much proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gray is not the mole. THe bottom right panel

Jerome is the spy. Just look every face of is. Specially the part he goes talk to the Priest.

Jerome was the one confronting Gray and blame him has the spy... Jerome is my bet.

If its not Jerome its Mary
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
Mar 30, 2015 4:34 AM

Apr 2008
kakoa1234 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Jerome is the spy. Just look every face of is. Specially the part he goes talk to the Priest.

Jerome was the one confronting Gray and blame him has the spy... Jerome is my bet.

If its not Jerome its Mary

Yeah those two seem like the most likely answer at the moment
Mar 30, 2015 4:49 AM

Apr 2014
Can't wait to see Gray smack both Natsu and Gajeel's ass.
Mar 30, 2015 4:50 AM

Apr 2008
Z4k said:

Not gonna happen
Mar 30, 2015 4:52 AM

Apr 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Z4k said:

Not gonna happen

What makes you think that won't happen?
Mar 30, 2015 4:55 AM

Apr 2008
Z4k said:
Darklight0303 said:

Not gonna happen

What makes you think that won't happen?

Because his role is to get sense beaten into him. Best case scenario for him is Avatar is forced to flee the scene to the true site of their plan and Gajeel and Natsu groups give chase.
Mar 30, 2015 4:56 AM
Aug 2013
Can anyone tell me why Gray is so fixated on destroying END and getting that book. It seems I forgot something or maybe it is yet to be revealed...

On other note Gray is reminding me more and more of Sasuke. I'll call him Sasuke part 2 from now on :P

The chapter was really good with an unexpected surprise in the end. And Natsu.. you're becoming more and more like an Otoko each chapter... (Also keep those Nalu moments coming. I'm lovin it)
Mar 30, 2015 4:57 AM

Apr 2008
Shaily said:
Can anyone tell me why Gray is so fixated on destroying END and getting that book. It seems I forgot something or maybe it is yet to be revealed...

On other note Gray is reminding me more and more of Sasuke. I'll call him Sakuke part 2 from now on :P

The chapter was really good with an unexpected surprise in the end. And Natsu.. you're becoming more and more like an Otoko each chapter... (Also keep those Nalu moments coming. I'm lovin it)

Those Nalu moments have me wary to be honest. That's like the silence before the storm. Mashima will crush us equally in exchange for those
Mar 30, 2015 5:00 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Shaily said:

On other note Gray is reminding me more and more of Sasuke. I'll call him Sakuke part 2 from now on :P

Those Nalu moments have me wary to be honest. That's like the silence before the storm. Mashima will crush us equally in exchange for those

It is quite clear that Lucy is building to a meltdown(hence whole panel dedicated to "so he hid stuff like this too...")

As for Gray:
He does not hate END. He blames END for what happened to his father and feels compelled to complete his father's work. His Obsession with END comes from his mind being corrupted by DS power influence. Tl;dr He is demon version of Acnologia in the making.
Mar 30, 2015 5:00 AM
Sep 2012
Well this chapter was more of a introductory to the other Avatar members. We begin with the cover page, it is the guy that can never pick a jobs, I guess we are going to do a cover page series showing the lesser characters.

We begin with Natsu finally getting Lucy and Happy about what Future Rogue told him about Gray sans the Frosch dying thing. If he did mention that, I wish Rogue is following them, and if Natsu revealed that, Rogue would know the truth, Future Rogue told Natsu to warn his past self and Natsu didn't do that. If Frosch dies, it is your fault Natsu. Anyway we get a nice NatLu moment when Natsu patted Lucy on the head.

We go to Avatar headquarters, and their leader is going to do some sacrifice, I don't know what they mean by that, did they capture anyone that they are going to kill? We found the blond guy is named Jerome, and he is worried that the council is on to them, we found the dark skinned big boobed girl is named Briar, and she agrees with Jerome, though Jerome is irritated at being called scruffy, ha ha ha, Arlock is having none of it, has he is busy with his prayers, we find the pink haired girl is named Mary and she calls Arlock gramps and says he is always stubborn, I wonder if she is she is Arlock's granddaughter or that is just an expression like how Natsu always refers to Makarov as gramps, it would explain so much. She hates how Briar gives everyone weird gloomy nicknames, the fact that Mary is anti gloomy does make me wonder why she is in this group to begin with.

We find out the long eye brow guy is named Gorumon, the masked dude is named D-6, and the panda looking guys is named Abel. Gray just shows up out of nowhere and says there is probably a council spy among them, and calls everyone out on accusing him of being a spy, if Gray is a spy it is kind of ballsy to bring it up like that, the others do wonder why Gray is in the group giving his background, Gray says he is just using them to get to E.N.D., so Gray may not be a spy, but he is not really on board to Avatar's goals,interesting relationship, and Gray does confirm Ultear it still alive, I wonder if Hiro wrote that in because Ultear is going to return to the story someday. I hope so.

We see some council soldiers, and we meet their new captain Gajeel Redfox, holy crap Gajeel is in the council, and Pantherlily is with him, though for Pantherlily this is full circle, this position is similar to the position he had in Edolas, so yes he has experience in this type of work. And we got confirmation there is a spy in Avatar and it is not Gray, as the spy has told the council Gray is in the Avatar group.

Anyway pretty good chapter, not much action, but good setup, if Mary is Arlock's granddaughter it would explain so much, because Mary never seemed like someone who would be part of a Zeref's cult, if you look at a couple of chapters ago, when they all said "for Zeref", she was looking away and look disinterested, so maybe she is there because her grandpa dragged her into it. Her personality is not very dark, just seems like a normal kid. Mary does seem like someone who when she fights, it will be a game to her and her opponent would be like a playmate to her. Could be a good Lucy or Wendy opponent. If that is the case, Arlock rivals that ex council member guy as worst grandpa ever. For all we know, he might have kidnapped her.

Now the big question if Gray is not the spy than who is?, it could be Mary, but I doubt that if they are going with the Arlock's granddaughter thing and she will have her own character arc that has nothing to do with the council, so I think it could be either Briar or Jerome. I think it is probably Briar, she had the inner though monologue about Gray turning dark and joining them. Whoever it is, we will find out when they fight Natsu and company, the spy will fight them without trying to kill them.

Am I the only one sensing something romantic going on between Briar and Jerome, if one of them is the spy, they could fight.

Next chapter Fierce Underground Fight, things are starting to get real interesting.
Mar 30, 2015 5:09 AM
Mar 2015
oooooo yess ICE TRAIL IS cannon

So Juvia is gonna have to fight mary huh
Mar 30, 2015 5:12 AM
Aug 2013
CookingPriest said:
Darklight0303 said:

It is quite clear that Lucy is building to a meltdown(hence whole panel dedicated to "so he hid stuff like this too...")

As for Gray:
He does not hate END. He blames END for what happened to his father and feels compelled to complete his father's work. His Obsession with END comes from his mind being corrupted by DS power influence. Tl;dr He is demon version of Acnologia in the making.

Oh I see... Waiting to see the scene where Gray will know who END really is. I don't think Gray will go that far as becoming Acnologia... Let's see
Guess I'm the only one who didn't think about Lucy's meltdown moment in the future but yes its a possibility.
Mar 30, 2015 5:12 AM

Apr 2008
trump54 said:

As disappointing as that is, it seems so.
Mar 30, 2015 5:18 AM
Mar 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Z4k said:

Not gonna happen

It literally just rules of story telling at this point
why would this story have any conflict if natsu was strong enough to beat everyone already
then he would be like gildarts never around in the main plot.

Gray and natsu will be equal until the emotions of the other sway the fight
If gray fight gagell he willl mess him up because the best way to show how strong one chracter is to let them beat down an established strong chracter (similar to blue note)

Natsu cant win this its jsut number game at this point
they will have to come back with reinforcements , in the very least Happy and lucy will get kidnapped
Mar 30, 2015 5:19 AM

Apr 2008
trump54 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Not gonna happen

It literally just rules of story telling at this point
why would this story have any conflict if natsu was strong enough to beat everyone already
then he would be like gildarts never around in the main plot.

Gray and natsu will be equal until the emotions of the other sway the fight
If gray fight gagell he willl mess him up because the best way to show how strong one chracter is to let them beat down an established strong chracter (similar to blue note)

Natsu cant win this its jsut number game at this point
they will have to come back with reinforcements , in the very least Happy and lucy will get kidnapped

The reinforcements are Gajeel and his squad you know...
Mar 30, 2015 5:20 AM
Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Shaily said:

Won't a fight be good for them... As a character and couple development. If Lucy seriously confronts Natsu then I would like to see how Natsu makes up for it which means more Nalu moments haha!
Mar 30, 2015 5:22 AM

Apr 2008
Shaily said:
Darklight0303 said:

Won't a fight be good for them... As a character and couple development. If Lucy seriously confronts Natsu then I would like to see how Natsu makes up for it which means more Nalu moments haha!

A fight between them is the best case scenario. I am fearing something much worse
Mar 30, 2015 5:24 AM

Dec 2009
Interesting chapter. Gray hasn't exactly done anything 'evil' but its clear his mind is literally being melted away by the demon slaying magic (So glad he kept the powers like I thought he would. Tattoos fading does not mean the magic is gone!). Really loving the tension Lucy is hiding in regards to Natsu. It's clear she is very far from actually forgiving him.

End of the chapter definitely got me hyped. I didn't think we would see Gajeel and Lily so soon but their new roles are really fitting. About to see a three way battle between Natsu's group, Avatar, and the magic council!
Mar 30, 2015 5:29 AM

Dec 2009
Darklight0303 said:
trump54 said:

As disappointing as that is, it seems so.

Other than the name I'm not really seeing it. Wasn't Mary around Gray's age? This girl in Avatar clearly looks much younger. They also don't seem to know each other literally at all.
Mar 30, 2015 5:29 AM
Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Shaily said:

A fight between them is the best case scenario. I am fearing something much worse

Oh.... Anyway, I hope Lucy doesn't get kidnapped again bcos she has been a dozen times already and its gets old.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.