Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who is the worst character in this anime?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 30, 2015 4:52 PM

Sep 2010
Robo-kun for worst anime protagonist for 2015. Blandly written,no personality,god-modded douchebag. I did forgive him for his shitty character a tiny bit for allowing my bae Slaine to live and him wearing an eyepatch. Asseylum is the second worst character.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 30, 2015 8:06 PM

Jun 2007
Gary Inahoe breaks the series with his psychic eyeball that can predict exactly what Slaine is going to do, while Princess Moe undermines everything her people are trying to do to win a war because she likes birds. It's a tough one. You also have Slaine struggling decide if he's brainless or a mastermind. Only Count Husband gets out of this poll unscathed, and that's because he has had no character development yet. In season three I have no doubt he will top the lot.

I'll vote for Gary.
Mar 30, 2015 9:16 PM

Jan 2013
Well, out of those choices, it's definitely Asseylum. But what's Klancain doing in this list?
Mar 30, 2015 10:16 PM

Jan 2015
moaru said:
Well, out of those choices, it's definitely Asseylum. But what's Klancain doing in this list?

Klancain is a badass, he netorares Slaine and Inaho 10 minutes into the story.
Mar 30, 2015 10:28 PM

Jan 2015
It's funny how the poll has turned out. With the way the Slaine haters trolled, and flooded these topics, one would think that Slaine would be the top vote getter.

There's hope for anime fans, yet.
Mar 30, 2015 11:02 PM

Mar 2008
everyone of them are equally horrible just some have actual character development and some are just trash to keep the story moving forward. >_>;
Mar 31, 2015 5:13 AM
Oct 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
It's funny how the poll has turned out. With the way the Slaine haters trolled, and flooded these topics, one would think that Slaine would be the top vote getter.

There's hope for anime fans, yet.

am actually quite surprised that Slaine is voted the least annoying xD with all the hate I've been seeing, thought he'd be the top one.

As for me, I voted Asseylum... so much wasted potentil ;-;
Mar 31, 2015 8:49 AM
May 2012
I never get tired why Dramas over anime & Opinions over anime are different to me.
Mar 31, 2015 9:18 AM
Aug 2009
Seylum for sure. That naive and pretentious princess more or less ruined this show with her scream of peace which in the ending, we also know that it does not really solve anything without the bargain chip being taken away by EFU.(Aldnoah tech.)
Mar 31, 2015 11:30 AM

Jan 2013
TeriyakiNinja007 said:
am actually quite surprised that Slaine is voted the least annoying xD with all the hate I've been seeing, thought he'd be the top one

I'm a little surprised too, but I suppose being hated and being annoying are two different criteria. It seemed like people were more annoyed by Inaho's stoic personality.
Mar 31, 2015 1:06 PM

Jun 2012
Even if you hate Slaine, it's damn near impossible to weave a convincing argument he is the worst character.
Mar 31, 2015 4:47 PM

Mar 2012
TheIMF said:
Even if you hate Slaine, it's damn near impossible to weave a convincing argument he is the worst character.

Yet, certain deluded folks will still argue he is.
Mar 31, 2015 5:36 PM

Sep 2010
TeriyakiNinja007 said:

am actually quite surprised that Slaine is voted the least annoying xD with all the hate I've been seeing, thought he'd be the top one.

I'm not really surprised cause Gary Kaizuka could magically do anything with his engine thing. It made the battles boring and uninteresting since you knew the outcome before it even started.

Slaine is the only good main character in this show cause at least he had emotions and flaws. He was interesting to watch regardless if you hated him or not compared to Cookie Cutter Princess and Gary "Robo-kun" Kaizuka.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 31, 2015 5:54 PM

Jun 2007
I almost wish Slaine was the highest voted character, if only so 'Blame Tryhard' proved to be an even more fitting name. The confused writers of the show decided to blame everything on him after he tried so hard, and I assumed the MAL community would do the same. It seems people went from hating Slaine after the end of S1 to pitying him after S2. Interesting.

I always liked him in the hope he had officially ended Gary Inahoe's existence, of course. The only human in a show full of 1D robots and stereotypes. Once it was revealed he couldn't kill someone at point-blank range with a headshot, or hit a barn door in general, my affection lessened.
Mar 31, 2015 7:43 PM

Jan 2014
I don't get why people vote for Asseylum. She's a really good character in my opinion. She's good, unlike ALL Martians and selfless. She is also forgiveful. Maybe she is a little naive, but if she had no flaws she would be a Mary Sue.

Slaine deserves 1st place after all he's done.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2015 7:51 PM

Oct 2007
Maledict said:
How can Slaine even be the worst character? Like, come on, I hate the guy as well, but he pretty much carried the show from its later half onward and has more substance than anyone else on AZ.

Slaine is unlikeable, which is completely different from being a bad character. He's better than all of the other puppets on the poll combined. Second best is Yuki, I guess.

His character development during the second season makes almost no sense given how he was in season 1. I think that's reason enough.
Mar 31, 2015 8:08 PM

Jun 2007
Slaine made little sense with his actions, but at least he had - and displayed - perfectly logical human emotions. That's a step up from Gary Inahoe and Princess Moe, at the very least. Gary had his... mission and Princess had her love of all life/peace and no sexual desire or other human traits, or something. If not for Slaine's failures in S1 and struggles in S2, there would be no characterisation in this show. Period. Which is what Maledict was trying to convey. I feel a need to give Gary and Princess different names just to identify them. They are empty shells disguised as people.

There's a bad character, and then there's a bad person. Slaine was poorly written as a character, for sure, but most people's issues with him are linked to the latter: that he did bad things and had dis-likable traits. In the case of Gary, he's just an unrelatable plank of wood with no human traits. The same could be said of Princess' altruism.
Mar 31, 2015 8:16 PM

Oct 2014
Lol I can't choose, they're all so awful... but Slaine's hypocrisy is so cancerous, yet Inaho doesn't convey any emotions.
D3pthChargeApr 1, 2015 9:47 AM
Mar 31, 2015 8:55 PM

Jan 2015
helderde said:
I don't get why people vote for Asseylum. She's a really good character in my opinion. She's good, unlike ALL Martians and selfless. She is also forgiveful. Maybe she is a little naive, but if she had no flaws she would be a Mary Sue.

Slaine deserves 1st place after all he's done.

Someone tell me if this post is sarcastic or not?
I'm going crazy whether the poster is serious or baiting me.

Worst Characters:

1. Ass.eylum
Hey guys, I love birdies so let's end the war just cause i'm the queen k? (That's her role in the anime)
2. Inaho
Hey guys, my team is losing so let me carry them. Oh wait, let me carry them again. Oh noez, I need a robot eye. Oh wait, wtf happened? Nvm I'm lame.
3. Rayet
What the fuck was my purpose besides trying to kill Asseylum anyways?
4. Yuki
Hey guys, I think I have a brother complex?
5. Deucalion Crew
So let me just sit in here, bath in the sun for one episode and I'll be good to go to go right? Easy Job

90000. Slaine, I mean come on, he carried the show with his dorky crazy and lame self.
Mar 31, 2015 10:59 PM

Oct 2008
Very surprising to see Slaine second to last considering all the shit he received while the series was still airing.
Still a terrible character all things considered that doesn't make much sense from the first season to the second,but compared to the rest of the "cast" hes miles above.Although that's not saying much since AZ probably has the worst group of characters in any anime released in recent years.
amateurMar 31, 2015 11:04 PM
Apr 1, 2015 12:07 AM
Mar 2012
amateur said:
Very surprising to see Slaine second to last considering all the shit he received while the series was still airing.
Still a terrible character all things considered that doesn't make much sense from the first season to the second,but compared to the rest of the "cast" hes miles above.Although that's not saying much since AZ probably has the worst group of characters in any anime released in recent years.

That is because Slaine wasn't in the poll initially and was only added later. The OP is a salty slainefag.
Apr 1, 2015 12:34 AM
Aug 2013
helderde said:

How does someone, who completely ignores, how someone would feel after being saved, is selfless? Asseylum could not answer Lemrita, after she has accused her of such a thing. And rather than being selfless, I would think that she is actually selfish, as she ignored the opinion of pretty much every Court, so that she can have her peace. And there really is not any change to her at all.

swn32 said:
amateur said:

That is because Slaine wasn't in the poll initially and was only added later. The OP is a salty slainefag.

You do know this is a merged topic? There were actually 2 threads for vote, in which the first only contained the three of princess, robot-kun and NTR master.
In the other thread, many other characters were included, to make it fair.
Though who knows how many have actually changed their vote when seeing Slaine there.
ZalgurayApr 1, 2015 1:04 AM
Apr 1, 2015 3:08 AM

Jan 2009
Klancain, aka mister micguffin.

At least asseylum had something to do with the plot, klancain just came in at the end to give the writers a way to end the series with neither inaho or slaine ending up in a relationship with asseylum, he literally has no other point in the plot, at least if she had ended up with maazurek he would have had a place in the series.

As for inaho and slaine, while i may despise slaine, neither him nor inaho were bad characters, maybe underdeveloped in inaho's case but not bad.
Apr 1, 2015 3:54 AM
Oct 2010
The thing about choosing the worst character for me is by how much they affect the overall plot for the show, then by their actions and development.

Between Inaho, Slaine and Ass I'd say Inaho was the worst of the bunch because he negatively affected the plot of the show most and arguably out of the 3 main characters, had the LEAST development, which is amazing since the dude is a blank slate at the beginning. Slaine is second for not being as terrible as inaho but still terrible, although he had a bit more development. The princess for the most part being irrelevant but still ended up having more development than inaho did somehow...

Enough reasons are stated why inaho is awful so I won't get into it.

If the main characters ended up being good in the long run I'd look at the main supporting characters and out of that bunch it's really between inko, emperor, klancain and rayet.

I think out of this bunch the emperor is the worst out of the lot, flip flopping constantly, going missing for large portions of the show only to pop back up conveniently as though the writers just remembered he existed and at no point did he ever actually feel like the emperor. It felt as though, other than when he called the 5 min cease fire then flip flopped, everyone was just doing whatever.

But yeah overall

Worst Main - Inaho
Worst Side - Emperor
Worst Overall - Inaho by a mile
GD1551Apr 1, 2015 3:58 AM
Apr 1, 2015 4:59 AM

Oct 2011
moaru said:
TeriyakiNinja007 said:
am actually quite surprised that Slaine is voted the least annoying xD with all the hate I've been seeing, thought he'd be the top one

I'm a little surprised too, but I suppose being hated and being annoying are two different criteria. It seemed like people were more annoyed by Inaho's stoic personality.

Did you take into consideration a fact that he wasn't on the list before? Also most people just left this forums when series ended, why would they stick with this shit any longer or even care about such topics when there is nothing more to add except new hate wars between each other.

Inaho fanbase mostly left it as it is while Slaine fanbase can't accept this, that's why they still flame AZ forums, and create topics abouit Slaine. Just look at names of the topics, where you look why slaine this, why slaine that.
ArreitApr 1, 2015 5:03 AM
Apr 1, 2015 5:23 AM
May 2012
Why not everything?

Not only the bastard writers & anything?

As for Inaho, he's become more like Terminator & Solid Snake combined. Seriously, what will it take to take an actual emotion out of this guy??

SEE WHAT I MEAN??
Apr 1, 2015 5:28 AM

May 2013
Op, we need a option of "ALL"
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 1, 2015 6:12 AM

Dec 2012
Count Cancun, for getting in Almighty Count Troyard's way as the groom of Asseylum. Basically it breaks down to this:

Asseylum: Whore, all respect lost.
Cancun: Who was this guy? He makes Cruhteo roll in his grave. Deserves lashings.
Inaho: beep bop boop beep. Sorry I don't speak terminator.
Slaine: The only saving grace of the main cast. The tragic hero who deserved far more.
Apr 1, 2015 6:38 AM
May 2012
SweetCoconut said:
Op, we need a option of "ALL"

That!

It's a shame that why I've been getting over-emotional with this show very much despite how dumb that those characters are.

I don't care IF I want to give a big FUCK YOU to Inaho, Slaine & someone else. I don't care IF I wanna throw something at the screen in anger, ANYTHING!!

INAHO, YOU SUCK!!!!!
JafriZinApr 1, 2015 6:48 AM
Apr 1, 2015 7:15 AM

Mar 2014
Inaho. Can't even tell what the guy is thinking, who thought having such a robotic character as main was a good thing
Apr 1, 2015 9:46 AM
May 2012
LauraBirdie said:
Inaho. Can't even tell what the guy is thinking, who thought having such a robotic character as main was a good thing

He's nothing but an emotionless fuck. Seriously, the fuck is wrong with him. What the hell happened to REAL him??

IF his sister dies, how is he gonna react??

NOTHING??? *throws something at the screen in anger*
Apr 1, 2015 12:48 PM

Mar 2012
You know what's hilarious? People hate on Inaho because of his "dry as cardboard character." Yet, people LOVE Yuki Nagato from Haruhi Suzumiya for the same damn thing. Oh, the double standards...

Not that I'll stand on a podium and defend Inaho, because I'll admit he's a far from a perfect character. However, people need to realize that a lot of brilliant people do have "dry as cardboard" personalities. Shit sucks bro. Live with it.

If you want a worst character in this anime, it's hands down Asseylum. Her actions throughout this entire series had me screaming "why do you keep doing the exact opposite of what you SHOULD be doing?" Although, I guess if nothing else, her character is a statement as to why monarchies are a bad structure of government. All you need is one idiot to take over to throw things completely out of whack...but then again, I think her dad already did that so...*shrugs*
Apr 1, 2015 2:36 PM

Jun 2013
Slaine is the wrost.
Apr 1, 2015 4:21 PM

Jan 2013
Have to go with Asseylum fuck her i like how she got married to the guy that got 10 min screenplay that shit made my day
[Center][Center]
Apr 1, 2015 5:21 PM

Jul 2014
I knew it! Princess Waifu gets the backlash!

tbh everyone except Rayet, best gurl.
Apr 2, 2015 1:12 AM
May 2012
Toucanbird said:
You know what's hilarious? People hate on Inaho because of his "dry as cardboard character." Yet, people LOVE Yuki Nagato from Haruhi Suzumiya for the same damn thing. Oh, the double standards...

Not that I'll stand on a podium and defend Inaho, because I'll admit he's a far from a perfect character. However, people need to realize that a lot of brilliant people do have "dry as cardboard" personalities. Shit sucks bro. Live with it.

If you want a worst character in this anime, it's hands down Asseylum. Her actions throughout this entire series had me screaming "why do you keep doing the exact opposite of what you SHOULD be doing?" Although, I guess if nothing else, her character is a statement as to why monarchies are a bad structure of government. All you need is one idiot to take over to throw things completely out of whack...but then again, I think her dad already did that so...*shrugs*

I never get tired why people who mostly cynical always hating over characters based on their thoughts & opinions rather than... It's hard to explain.

Some people were felt sorry for it (rather than just hating over characters which they always get to freak out of it).

Others were just, same thing as you are (Freaking out based on their characteristic? Well fine, it's your opinion). I'm just a regular guy who like anime & watch for pure entertainment anyway.
JafriZinApr 2, 2015 1:47 AM
Apr 2, 2015 3:20 AM

Oct 2012
Either the 2 princesses or Inaho. The way they destroyed Slaine was p bad too.

Honestly even if Inaho was unconscious and only his robot eye could make him talk it wouldnt make a difference.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 2, 2015 4:47 AM
Jul 2012
Blaze_ said:

Honestly even if Inaho was unconscious and only his robot eye could make him talk it wouldnt make a difference.
Lemrina was loyal to Slaine though.
Apr 2, 2015 7:24 AM

Jan 2014
JeffreyZin said:
INAHO KAIZUKA,

SHAME ON YOU, YOU LOUSY EMOTIONLESS FUCK.

Does every character in anime always like this anyway?????? Now I see why every people can't stand this character!

DeadZeroSource said:
don't blame the characters.. blame the writers for doing all of the stupid things the writers made the character(s) do... (-_-) poor plot writing on their behalf...

chat77 said:
The writer....nuff said

The Writer of A/Z = an another brain-dead version of Guilty Crown.

I couldn't agree more with this :3
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Apr 2, 2015 4:03 PM

Jul 2014
Toucanbird said:

It's because Yuki's kawaii.
Apr 3, 2015 11:31 AM
Sep 2014
They were all horrible.
Apr 5, 2015 2:15 AM

Oct 2012
Jakerams said:
Blaze_ said:

Lemrina was loyal to Slaine though.

I meant the directors characterisation to Slaine not the character interactions! sorry for terrible wording
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 6, 2015 3:31 AM

May 2009
Asseylum - ok character till she was fucked up by plot coma and then as plot sacrifice (similarly to Shoko from Valvrave)
Inaho - terrible written character, zero backstory that would explain at least slightly his personality
Klancain - not a character, plot device or rather asspull plot device
Slaine - ok character who made retarded decisions that lead to his hate.
Overall they all are shit.
Apr 6, 2015 3:34 AM

Nov 2014
Asseylum has always been the worst
Apr 7, 2015 4:39 PM
Sep 2010
bastek66 said:
Asseylum - ok character till she was fucked up by plot coma and then as plot sacrifice (similarly to Shoko from Valvrave)
Inaho - terrible written character, zero backstory that would explain at least slightly his personality
Klancain - not a character, plot device or rather asspull plot device
Slaine - ok character who made retarded decisions that lead to his hate.
Overall they all are shit.

+1. Lol Inaho also pretty much isnt a character hahaha.
Apr 8, 2015 8:04 AM
May 2012
Sigh... people these days...

I never get tired why people always hating that main character (Inaho Kaizuka).

Let me tell you something that you don't even know about.

EVER HEARD OF KUUDERE CHARACTER'S BEFORE??

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kuudere

NO?? WELL BOO HOO!!! JUST CRY ME A RIVER!!!!!!!! GEEZ WHATEVER YOU SAY PEOPLE!!

I know everyone's a critic & I should've DEAL WITH IT, really!! NO wonder why everyone's has become more like a cynical hipster from now on & don't give a shit over anyone else who've been overemotional on this one.
Apr 9, 2015 2:49 AM

Jan 2015
JeffreyZin said:
Sigh... people these days...

I never get tired why people always hating that main character (Inaho Kaizuka).

Let me tell you something that you don't even know about.

EVER HEARD OF KUUDERE CHARACTER'S BEFORE??

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kuudere

NO?? WELL BOO HOO!!! JUST CRY ME A RIVER!!!!!!!! GEEZ WHATEVER YOU SAY PEOPLE!!

I know everyone's a critic & I should've DEAL WITH IT, really!! NO wonder why everyone's has become more like a cynical hipster from now on & don't give a shit over anyone else who've been overemotional on this one.

Too bad he isnt a kuudere. Hes just a fucking blank slate that is perfect in every way. Barely anything is really talked about him.

This is what we know.

1. He is most likely high function autistic person.
2. He likes Asseylum
3. He cares for his friends to some degree.
4. He wants to protect earth. (Who wouldnt.)

Thats it, thats all we know about him. Absolutely nothing more. If thats isnt an example of blank slate than I dont know what does.

Because you can basically remove number 1 and change number 2 to someone else or remove it all together and still be able to apply these characteristics TO ALMOST EVERYONE THAT HAS EVER EXISTED.
Apr 9, 2015 6:01 AM
May 2012
LionCake said:
Too bad he isnt a kuudere. Hes just a fucking blank slate that is perfect in every way. Barely anything is really talked about him.

This is what we know.

1. He is most likely high function autistic person.
2. He likes Asseylum
3. He cares for his friends to some degree.
4. He wants to protect earth. (Who wouldnt.)

Thats it, thats all we know about him. Absolutely nothing more. If thats isnt an example of blank slate than I dont know what does.

Because you can basically remove number 1 and change number 2 to someone else or remove it all together and still be able to apply these characteristics TO ALMOST EVERYONE THAT HAS EVER EXISTED.

*sigh* son of a bitch. You know what guys? I'll save it. Because I have so many questions that I need to settle this year.
JafriZinApr 9, 2015 6:08 AM
Apr 14, 2015 4:41 AM
Mar 2012
MetaKite said:

Yet, certain deluded folks will still argue he is.

Translation: Anyone who dislikes my retarded fucktoy is deluded.
Apr 15, 2015 10:43 AM

Jun 2010
The Butcher strikes again!!!

Personally I liked the show. The characters were the major weak point of this show. Slaine’s character is probably one of the few that had at least some development. Do not confuse that with me praising his character though. The characters in this show lacked depth other than what was presented and had no sort of development to speak of. The plot was simple enough to get behind and the art, animation and music were prefect. All the characters were bad.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» SPOILER - Question regarding the end of the anime

Joshuam303 - Apr 6, 2016

24 by Warchiii »»
Mar 1, 1:47 AM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1157 by zerokarasu »»
Feb 24, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

885 by JackDSF123 »»
Jan 10, 9:53 AM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

830 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Oct 14, 2023 10:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

580 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Oct 14, 2023 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.