Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2015 5:32 PM

Jul 2013
After seeing some people defending this insult to the once proud mech-genre and saying that this is in NO WAY rips-off of evangelion (and other animes) I had to do something. I won't even argue the story because in all honesty yeah the story is technically original but sorry, it literally rips off so many plot devices from more successful animes and some of you guys could go on and on talking about this so I'll avoid that. Anyways I decided to re-watch the first two episodes of this CG-fest at 4X speed and pressed print-screen whenever I thought I saw something that seemed vaugley familiar. After only 10 minutes these are all the times I caught it ripping off ONLY Evangelion VISUALLY.

big planes throw bigass missiles at the angels and they do nothing.

angel gets nuked, sustains minnimal damage.

control room where they dictate the coarse of the battle

srs commander of said control room

discount asuka (shinji and rei are also ripped)

that's more like it

definitely not an angel

what's an angel?

definitely not the angel core. Look at how good CG looks! Truly the future of anime!

how to store a mech

not EVA-01

not even holding it differently

Discount project EVA

obviously a coincidence

and the effects of piloting EVA's

And this is from a half-assed comparison of 2 eps in 10 minutes at 4x speed. You cannot deny that the similarities only increase as the series go on.

And look, I'm not just some insane person that has Evangelion on some alter or something; If this show was ripping off Evangelion but was still awesome, I would probably love it. I could use some EVA in between now and the time that they finally finish the 4th movie.

But cmon guys this show is just not good; there's literally hundreds of better alternatives. If you really like this show for some reason then in my book sorry but you have shit taste.

Don't be satisfied with mediocrity guys, you're better than that.

Also fuck CG

Legal_LatinoMar 29, 2015 1:47 PM
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Mar 28, 2015 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
lol good work

sorta wanna watch this now for some reason
Mar 28, 2015 6:42 PM

Dec 2014
Lol I watched the first 2 episode of the previous season and then 3 of the Exodus ones.

I thought it was shit, got cancer from seeing the comments praising it as good.

Saw this and now I know I made the right decision to not watch this.

Thanks bro! :D

Stay strong against these people with shit taste lol. They will probably get really mad but you must stay strong with the truth!
RATER-FATERMar 29, 2015 1:22 AM
Mar 29, 2015 1:01 PM
Mar 2015
HATER-FISTINATER said:
Lol I watched the first 2 episode of the previous season and then 3 of the Exodus ones.

I thought it was shit, got cancer from seeing the comments praising it as good.

Saw this and now I know I made the right decision to not watch this.

Thanks bro! :D

Stay strong against these people with shit taste lol. They will probably get really mad but you must stay strong with the truth!
Legal_Latino said:

And this is from a half-assed comparison of 2 eps in 10 minutes at 4x speed. You cannot deny that the similarities only increase as the series go on.

And look, I'm not just some insane person that has Evangelion on some alter or something; If this show was ripping off Evangelion but was still awesome, I would probably love it. I could use some EVA in between now and the time that they finally finish the 4th movie.

But cmon guys this show is just not good; there's literally hundreds of better alternatives. If you really like this show for some reason then in my book sorry but you have shit taste.

Don't be satisfied with mediocrity guys, you're better than that.

Also fuck CG

just so u know,in japan this anime getting good reviews&praises,other proof is it BD/DVD sell,if u said this is shit,then u are shitting at japanese taste.
Mar 29, 2015 1:12 PM

Jul 2013
edge13 said:

just so u know,in japan this anime getting good reviews&praises,other proof is it BD/DVD sell,if u said this is shit,then u are shitting at japanese taste.

^^I love how you made a new account just to reply that to me.

I truly am doing God's work.

@Haterfistinater

Thanks brother! :D
Legal_LatinoMar 29, 2015 1:40 PM
Mar 29, 2015 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
Looks wack yo.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Mar 29, 2015 7:13 PM
Mar 2015
Legal_Latino said:
edge13 said:

^^I love how you made a new account just to reply that to me.

I truly am doing God's work.

@Haterfistinater

Thanks brother! :D

just a silent reader all this time,can't help but wanted to reply about your ridiculous comment.
Mar 29, 2015 9:06 PM

Jul 2013
edge13 said:

just a silent reader all this time,can't help but wanted to reply about your ridiculous comment.

and your comment is not ridiculous? You're saying that because it's apparently 'well received' in Japan that we should automatically say it's great?

If the Italian football team played like shit during the World Cup, won no games and had almost nothing going for them, but their Italian fans said that they were actually great, would we all have to agree simply because we cannot judge a team that isn't from our own country?

Nope, sorry, Anime is a Medium, it's a form of entertainment that breaches language barriers and cultural differences and it's fucking amazing. However there will always be shit forms of entertainment and anime, this being one of them, and are we supposed to just say it's good just because SOME people it's country of origin says it is? No of course not. You can think whatever you want, if you think this is a masterpiece then all power to you, but don't start saying that now I can't say it's a total piece of shit because then I'm somehow insulting the entire Land of The Rising Sun's taste.

If you really like this show un-ironically then in MY OPINION you have shit taste, and clearly I'm not the only one. That is all I'm saying.
Legal_LatinoMar 30, 2015 12:11 AM
Mar 31, 2015 9:42 AM

Mar 2010
First of all most mecha series are not that original. You could probable do the same with gundam and Evangelion (or any other mecha serie).

Secondly the picture of the suit is from ep 4 not ep 1 or 2. and there a plenty examples of fan serves.
I don't know how you would hold a sniper rifle differently.
Lots of mecha serries have a control room and the layout is different in both series.
EVA-01 is a different mecha design.
And I could go on.

If you don't like the show fine by me but your arguments for a complete ripe off are not very strong.
shinpuuMar 31, 2015 9:47 AM
Poking and stabbing crimes have gone up 3452% since I moved into this neighborhood... Someone needs to tell Stephen McPokeman to move, that way it can go down to 3451%.

Apr 1, 2015 2:22 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Locked
Topics of this nature serve to bash the anime and rouse up those who dislike it. If you would like to comment on the anime please do so on the episode discussion topics. Thank you very much~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

54 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 8, 2022 3:27 AM

» Hmmm

Anamewthameaning - Apr 17, 2020

2 by mariox7777 »»
Sep 19, 2020 6:42 PM

» licensing?

NG_Chloe - Aug 20, 2018

1 by Setsuna200 »»
Dec 13, 2018 6:37 AM

» Kazuki and Toomi?

HatsumiShinogu - Jan 15, 2015

20 by KazeNoChikara »»
Jan 31, 2017 1:44 PM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2015

25 by Rob »»
Dec 25, 2016 3:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.