Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 5, 2015 1:59 PM
May 2014
Wadeos said:
The amount of such glaring plot holes (Tusk...you're our lord and savior but please explain how you didn't die), fan service galore, and crappy animation brings the score down.

It was "explained" in the preview of ep 23 (iow, at the end of ep 22):
Tusk: "I'm back, Ange!"
Ange: "You changed into fireproof clothing at the exact instant the explosion happened?!"
Ange: "That's some pretty convenient plot armor."
Tusk: "Whatever, I'm a convenient person."

Nothing wrong with fanservice... although AIKa and AIKa Zero seems to be
good attempts to prove it is possible to have too much. However, those
are far beyond C.A and just about anything else (anime).
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Apr 6, 2015 12:15 PM

Dec 2010
Well this was a pretty great conclusion to the show! A happy ending, Ange got to prove how strong as a character she is. Tusk gets to slay Embryo, and almost everyone lives.

The show despite being quite fanservice ever is actually a very feminist series, which is something I appreciate. Sure it's not perfect, especially on some explanation of key events, but I really can't complain. I looked forward to watching it every week. I will miss it.

I'll give it an 8.5/10!
Apr 6, 2015 9:43 PM
Jan 2013
Wait so they started a new nation for humans, norma, and dragons. Isn't tusk the only human male? hows that gonna work?
Apr 7, 2015 5:59 AM
May 2014
asianspartan said:
Wait so they started a new nation for humans, norma, and dragons. Isn't tusk the only human male? hows that gonna work?

Quite nicely I guess. Aura can probably keep some of the males from transforming, or
they could, if it is possible, go get some from the other world. something like that.

Tusk could have a harem of norma and humans if Ange was ok with it, but that isn't very likely.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Apr 7, 2015 8:51 PM

Jul 2009
Never laughed so much with a Sunrise product, well besides Gintama of course. Sunrise went full retard, I can't believe this.

-Mindless fanservice
-Ctrl+c / ctrl+v characters
-Ridiculous censorship, like really?
-ASSULT MODE
-Oh I almost forgot: a frying pan can stop bullets now.
-Mary Sue

+Ost was good

A generous 3/10 just because it's better than Aldnoah and VVV.
Apr 7, 2015 9:10 PM

Jan 2012
Where to begin? :D Well Jill died, only one but still more than I expected. Embryo turned into a giant NEET/hikikomori and Ange's sister into a tiny Rambo. :D Everyone else got their happy endings more or less, especially Tusk, who got one final face full. :D You know...I'm not much for the idea of a guilty pleasure type series but this certainly fits that idea. I can't say it was a good series, but it was definitely a shameless, fun, ridiculous, entertaining ride. Things picked up moreso in the second half, but it maintained that sense of headshaking, kinda confused or bewildered amusement throughout. I think by the end, I even kinds/sorta liked Ange, something I thought to be pretty near impossible after the very first episode as I recall. For what it was this was certainly a trip. :D 5/10
Apr 7, 2015 11:43 PM

Apr 2015
Tusks, a minor character. Hated by lesbians. Made a harem world with best waifu!
#CHEXIT
Apr 7, 2015 11:49 PM

Jun 2013
Imeon said:
Tusks, a minor character. Hated by lesbians. Made a harem world with best waifu!

Tusk must be dead since beginning
But funny, you call tusk as minor character but MAL list him as Main Character
LOL
Who list this dead men as MC????
Salia, Hilda, and other arzenal members should be list as main character too
Apr 8, 2015 6:46 AM

Apr 2014
Wow, what a ride. This was a balls to the wall lighthearted adventure with .. oh, say... rape, women in prison fighting huuuuge dragons, girl-on-girl, face-on-crutch, mecha, alternate universes and a spolied princess with huge jugs. It was also sometimes a lot smarter than it looked. 7/10 with marks off for some dodgy animation. Nice one Norma!
Apr 8, 2015 1:24 PM

Oct 2012
Nice ending, everything closed up pretty well.

I really enjoyed watching this series for its character developement and twists. And fanservice also wasn't half bad. Sunrise really know how to please the crowd.

7/10
Apr 8, 2015 5:47 PM

Apr 2015
Hidayat246 said:
Imeon said:

LOL

Yurifags calls him a minor character. I find Tusk a blessing for the series... He brought Ange to the straight path. I love Tusk.
#CHEXIT
Apr 8, 2015 9:51 PM

Aug 2013
Imeon said:
Hidayat246 said:

LOL

Yurifags calls him a minor character. I find Tusk a blessing for the series... He brought Ange to the straight path. I love Tusk.

So you're a homophobic.
Apr 9, 2015 4:52 AM

Apr 2015
Hayst.....

Yurifags ignores Tusk's importance to Ange's development, they pretty much said that he could been replaced by anyone else. That makes him a dispensable character, which I disagree.

I find Tusk a blessing for the series. I got proved of that. You know where to look. People loved Tusk for his character and humor. If he did not exists, the series would have been a waste.

He brought Ange to the straight path. I should have not include the two word in one line, neh? Ange was overly confused, full of hate for the world. She saw herself in Tusk, but Tusk chose to survive even alone. Ange was inspired. The straight path I'm saying is the path to keep on going and living.

My answer: No
My question; Are you a yuri fag?
#CHEXIT
Apr 9, 2015 4:49 PM

Nov 2014
Tusk could be so cool if he didn't end between Anges legs all the time. And wth with his screen time? I mean, he was like the only male character other than Embryo...

Too much yuri for me. Normally I wouldn't mind, but here it somehow was annoying.

Nice characters developments, interesting story, not bad action. And happy ending :D

I didn't find any of 25 episodes boring, so I really can't complain.
8/10.
JustAnotherShiroApr 15, 2015 6:55 AM
Apr 9, 2015 5:23 PM

Apr 2015
Terkhev said:
Tusk could be so cool if he didn't end between Anges legs all the time. And wth with his screen time? I mean, he was like the only male character other than Embryo...

Too much yuri for me. Normally I wouldn't mind, but here it somehow was annoying.

Nice characters developments, interesting story, not bad action. And happy ending :D

I didn't find any of 25 episodes boring, so I really can't complain.
7/10.
I agree with you. The yuri was annoying. It doesn't even add anything to the plot except for the one with Zola. After that, it's all pure fan service purposes.

Yeah, Tusk was annoying as well, but he brought balance in the series. He and with Embryo made the series not appear like it's about yuri girls fighting dragon alone.
#CHEXIT
Apr 10, 2015 1:31 AM

Sep 2014
Bad but it doesn't pretend not to be and is very enjoyable to say the least.
It wasn't boring even for a moment.
Ange is good protagonist that doesn't give a fuck and does't feel obliged to help everyone with their problems - i like her a lot and more MCs should be like that.

dunno what's wrong with yuri - homophobes much? what 'purpose' are you talking about guys? and what purpose would heterosexual romance/sex serve?

the music was genuinely good. i liked the art too, but animation often sucked.

the story is meh, i kinda liked it before Embryo started appearing for real though.
i like the ending. such happy and conclusive ones are pretty rare nowadays actually

in general it was enjoyable and never bored me - which is quite an achievement

6/10 from me and it's not low on my list
Apr 10, 2015 1:53 AM

Apr 2015
Always on the homophobia eh?

Imaishi said:
what 'purpose' are you talking about guys?

...points on pants

Imaishi said:
what purpose would heterosexual romance/sex serve

I know you know the answer. Now, whats the purpose of yuri orgy every now and then in a series do other than fanservice?
#CHEXIT
Apr 10, 2015 2:44 AM

Sep 2014
>heterosexual sex as usual - no fucks given
>yuri sex for once - omg fanservice, annoying, unnecessary

makes sense xD
Apr 10, 2015 3:54 AM

Nov 2014
Imaishi said:

dunno what's wrong with yuri - homophobes much?

You mean me? I clearly said:

Terkhev said:

Which means I normally don't have problems with it, but in this series it actually made me unhappy. Just as I'm big fan of ecchi but I didn't like it here. Don't mix homophobia with simple opinion about single instance.

And yeah, I forgot to mention music as + in my previous post.
JustAnotherShiroApr 10, 2015 3:57 AM
Apr 12, 2015 8:57 AM

Jan 2011
the ending kind of settled everything, maybe until the next time a portal open in the future and the 2 worlds meet again :)

this show can be good, but a bit too much fan service, overdone drama and non sensible characters actions made me cannot take it too seriously

overall is an entertaining series, the first OP and Sala's insert song in episode 24 is especially memorable
Apr 13, 2015 2:30 AM

May 2009
Jonny_Mhl said:
-Mary Sue

She definitely wasn't a mary sue
Apr 13, 2015 1:16 PM

Jan 2012
8/10 first half then it got pretty redundant and predictable 2nd half

7.5/10 overall

they def. need to include them nipples though.. can't get hard without them
Apr 14, 2015 11:56 PM

Sep 2011
I had my doubts but Sunrise surpassed my expectations. This is by far the best mecha this season. Best mecha since Unicorn. Gundam G and AZ where a huge disappointment.

This show was highly entertaining. Ange is easily the best female protagonist for a mecha series I've seen.

Glad that Fetus-kun got rejected by his waifu. Laughed at the end when he reached out for her and she was like you're 10 million years too early to touch me. Fucking owned. This whole anime took so many jabs at otaku culture, it wasn't even subtle lol.

I'll miss this series but I feel like they gave us a pretty open ending. Hoping for a part two at some point.

So glad I didn't listen to all the hate for this series. People really need to take the stick out of their ass and learn to enjoy anime for what it is. Entertainment. Not everything needs to be an existential piece of art.

Solid 9/10 for me.
Apr 16, 2015 4:01 PM
May 2012
Well, Embryo managed to put 1 inch of his dick in (fucking shit). I am sure he died happy. I am happy that he died.
Sylvia on the other side....She should be fine. Well, all is well. It's nice that we know that they are having fun there. Cafe Ange happened :D
Despite the shits that happened in this Anime, I still enjoyed it. They know their faults, and that's cool. I might check out the Manga someday. Thank you ^^ Time to sleep now~
Apr 17, 2015 10:08 AM

Jan 2013
Imeon said:
Hidayat246 said:

LOL

I am glad someone else finally loves Tusk.
I feel the same way about him. He really brought life to the series, not that the others didn't. But he helped Ange's development the most out of anyone did. At least in my opinion. I honestly, think Cross Ange should make another series in Tusks's eyes. So we learn about him more, as well as with Jill. Or, Alektra would be more appropriate to say. It'd be interesting, to have another season be told in Tusks's view. Same plot, but different scenarios.

Honestly, its sad to think that if Tusk were a girl: I don't think he'd get HALF of the hatred he is getting. Or if male protagonist were an asshole, to me. Tusk was a refreshment from other male leads. The typical cold male, who starts off as rude and uncaring. This time, it was the female protagonist that was like that. So, its nice to see a lighter male lead for once. Who is still bad ass, but yet has his quirks.

If not a second season.
Sort of like [Tales of Xillia] being told in Jude and Milla's POVS. With their sides.
If anyone has played that game to know what I'm talking about.
ShionxChanApr 17, 2015 10:17 AM
Apr 18, 2015 9:36 AM

Mar 2013
So, Hilda. Did you get your three-way?
Apr 20, 2015 4:37 PM
Nov 2012
Cross Ange was so freaking good but the last episode was a little underwhelming. I still love it and I liked the happy ending . Ange stayed true to her character and that was the best.
Apr 21, 2015 12:10 PM
Jan 2015
really enjoying the last half of this anime :)
Apr 21, 2015 8:36 PM

Sep 2010
ShionxChan said:
Imeon said:

I am glad someone else finally loves Tusk.
I feel the same way about him. He really brought life to the series, not that the others didn't. But he helped Ange's development the most out of anyone did. At least in my opinion. I honestly, think Cross Ange should make another series in Tusks's eyes. So we learn about him more, as well as with Jill. Or, Alektra would be more appropriate to say. It'd be interesting, to have another season be told in Tusks's view. Same plot, but different scenarios.

Honestly, its sad to think that if Tusk were a girl: I don't think he'd get HALF of the hatred he is getting. Or if male protagonist were an asshole, to me. Tusk was a refreshment from other male leads. The typical cold male, who starts off as rude and uncaring. This time, it was the female protagonist that was like that. So, its nice to see a lighter male lead for once. Who is still bad ass, but yet has his quirks.

If not a second season.
Sort of like [Tales of Xillia] being told in Jude and Milla's POVS. With their sides.
If anyone has played that game to know what I'm talking about.

I like Tusk as a character too he is cute and funny I just don't like his lame forced romance with Ange. They did have their moments that was interesting for character development, but still meh I just can't care for or like the pairing.

I'm more of an Ange/Hilda fan personally my heart melted when she told Ange that she was her prince. <3
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 22, 2015 8:59 AM
Jul 2008
QuattroVaginas said:
FloydBt said:
"Aura, our great progenitor who first adapted his flesh to this polluted Earth....The men transformed into massive dragons....The women, at times, transform to work alongside the men.....Aura is no longer here.....He was taken....."

That is almost word per word what Salaka said when she told Ange the truth about the Dragons.

Now, based on that, how am I supposed to treat Aura as a female?

Now, was that the subs, or what was actually said? Subbers mistake gender all the time, because Japanese can be ambiguous.

It's sub's mistake.
Watch episode 15.
At 10:26, the sub is saying 'his'.
At 11:26, the sub is saying 'he'.
But like you said there's no mention about Aura's gender.

Btw, I'm watching horrible subs.

FloydBt said:

One more thing. It is already established that the massive Dragons are males. Based on what Salako said, it is primarily the job of the males to decontaminate. Females only occasionally help. Why would Aura be the only female that needs to be a massive multi eyed ugly massive dragon?

No, Salamandinay said that Aura is the 'mother' of the dragons, unless you define 'mother' as male. As for the reason, maybe you can ask her ancestor?
LeonLanfordApr 22, 2015 9:02 AM
Apr 25, 2015 2:29 PM
Nov 2007
Underrated anime. Great watch :D
May 2, 2015 2:06 AM

Jun 2014
Episodes 23 and 24 were MUCH better. The final fight sucked.

But overall the ending was nice. All the shots of everyone working together, and happy for once. It was sweet.

The show for me was the underdog hit of the century. I expected to hate it, i DID hate it, but a few episodes in and shit REALLY kicked off and hooked me. and in the end i loved this show. 9/10

-1 for no AngeXHilda.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 3, 2015 3:27 PM
Jun 2010
i think the lesson here is to have a prenup.
May 7, 2015 3:21 AM

Apr 2015
Man this anime was awesome 10/10 good ending
May 14, 2015 3:11 AM

Feb 2015
4/10
I probably would not watch again.
The ending was ok, i liked some characters, like Salako, Tusk, Hilda, and even Ange, but in the end i think that the plot was very weak, and surely could've been so much better.
A true man never dies.
May 14, 2015 10:12 PM

Mar 2012
The first 8 episodes were horrible, yet I kept watching for Gundam references and basically a shit ton of action scenes mimicked scenes from Seed almost to a T....in that respect, I think it was awesome, in respect to the plot, it was....alright I guess, but every time I wanted to take this show seriously we'd just get another face in crotch cliche gag. Was it good? hell no, was it terrible? meh, na...so, it'll forever be average in my mind. 5/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 16, 2015 10:13 PM

Sep 2013
SEASON 2 NAWWWWWWWWWWWW

Venom900 said:
The first 8 episodes were horrible

WUT?! :O
Those were awesome, so much raw emotion and realism.
It needed more of those, but the slower paced ep were needed for character development.
May 24, 2015 12:36 PM
May 2013
I'm gonna miss this anime , it is the best anime I've seen in a while , full of realism and hard-sf .

I kinda feel bad for Embryo ,he was almost cool in this episode,but I don't .
May 24, 2015 11:55 PM
May 2015
Fulfilling final. Glad to see everyone finding their place in life.
Enjoyment: 8/10
EL PSY CONGROO
May 25, 2015 2:01 PM

Jun 2013
BOOOOOO ITS OVER D: D: D:
May 25, 2015 7:21 PM

Feb 2012
Season 2 should be Sylvia and her crew being Mad Max in Earth 2.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 28, 2015 9:44 PM

Mar 2012
ichii_1 said:
SEASON 2 NAWWWWWWWWWWWW

Venom900 said:
The first 8 episodes were horrible

WUT?! :O
Those were awesome, so much raw emotion and realism.
It needed more of those, but the slower paced ep were needed for character development.

That wasn't why I said the first 8 episodes were horrible.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 30, 2015 5:56 PM

Sep 2014
enough with the rape bs already..
3rgoJul 25, 2022 8:08 PM
Jul 3, 2015 3:30 PM
Jul 2015
I have never seen anything this horrible before. People who enjoy this crap better not reproduce and pass down their pathetic DNA. The existence of this travesty is insult to every sensible person and to traditional family values.

Mod Edit: Name calling isn't necessary.
NTADJul 14, 2015 2:35 PM
Jul 7, 2015 3:25 AM
Nov 2010
This anime felt very different. There was a lot of stuff to enjoy in it. Well done on making a satisfying ending, as well.
Jul 12, 2015 8:43 PM

Dec 2013
I didn't want to finish this anime since I was having way too much fun watching it!!! No, I hope for a OVA at least... 10/10
Jul 12, 2015 9:24 PM

Apr 2015
Ahmed43 said:
I have never seen anything this horrible before. People who enjoy this crap better not reproduce and pass down their pathetic DNA. The existence of this travesty is insult to every sensible person and to traditional family values.

Your ship lost? LOL

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
NTADJul 14, 2015 2:36 PM
#CHEXIT
Jul 14, 2015 10:39 PM
Jul 2015
4 out of 10 The start of the show was ok. but the second half and the ending was awfull.

good point:

-Ange character developemetn was well done

-Early episode animation and story

-Music was good.

-Funily over the top

Bad point

-Every character was a gigantic cliche, and badly exploited looking at you dragon princes which i cant even remember the name which tells a lot.

-Extreme fan service beyond all sanity ANGE GET SO DAMN CLOTH!!!

-Second half animation quality turj distorded face hurrr durr

-Moral of story: don't think about consequences, dont think at all act even if its retarded.
Be egocentric and complain about other being the same way hurr durr... I'm looking at you Ange.

-Plot hole 9000+unexplained stuff. why are all norma female ? why not booby trap your ragnamail embryo?1000year still retarded...can teleport at speed of mind, lose vs normal human with blade.

Stuff i find strange

Their only one male on real earth and hundreds of female...dafuq? What will they do in 10 years?50years? dissapear?

"False" earth being shitted on without any regard when 99% of them aren't evil...and all of them transform in murderhobos for no reason, like they are all retarded and don't have even basic knowledge of agriculture crafting and other things. Or i don't know library? Books? I expected them to go back to middle ages not goign full fallout/mad max style...

Asshole dragon shown as nice but half the time just kill people and dont explain shit.They just dotn even try to be nice

Ange and other not goign back to "False" earth seign people they left behind eevn if they can... for no good reasons.

I, can only expect "false" earth to come back and punch "true" earth in the face Killzone style in season 2, 20 years later
KanjejouJul 14, 2015 10:51 PM
Jul 15, 2015 11:33 AM

Aug 2013
Overall it was pretty fun along the way.
The insert songs and soundtracks are nice.. one of the things I love most.
I don't know what to think of having a dirty old pervert as a final boss.. but forget it.
We pretty much knew how it'd end with cafe ange from Tusk beforehand.
I can say this anime brought a huge bunch of surprises in many ways.
It's much better than what we have nowadays anyway.
Hoping for an ova or special though. :b
Jul 19, 2015 8:37 PM

Jul 2014
Deus Ex Machina done right pls. SAO got nothing on this masterpiece!
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

174 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 1, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.