Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jul 21, 2015 2:41 AM
Jul 2015
Imeon said:
Ahmed43 said:
I have never seen anything this horrible before. People who enjoy this crap better not reproduce and pass down their pathetic DNA. The existence of this travesty is insult to every sensible person and to traditional family values.

Your ship lost? LOL

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.

You racist, lol?
Aug 6, 2015 5:21 PM

Apr 2015
Opardok said:

You racist, lol?

No. You gay?
#CHEXIT
Aug 11, 2015 10:35 AM
Aug 2015
It's a vile sinful rubbish and those who love it are disgusting.

Opardok said:
Imeon said:

Your ship lost? LOL

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.

You racist, lol?

Imeon said:
Opardok said:

You racist, lol?

No. You gay?

Both of you are disgusting. What is wrong of you?
Aug 12, 2015 10:26 AM

Jun 2009
Well that was stupidly entertaining. 6/10, would've been 7/10 if it wasn't for that stupid Tusk guy.
Aug 15, 2015 9:50 AM

Jul 2014
OppaiSugoi said:
I love how people make random accounts and shitpost the show.

LEL stay mad bruh.

Aug 19, 2015 6:10 AM

Jun 2014
God bless Sunrise for giving us another masterpiece. 1/10
Sep 8, 2015 11:41 PM

Jan 2014
I like it. The characters are more real than some other anime series.

It is interesting enough to make me want to keep on watching. Usually with anime, I can watch a couple of episodes of one series first then switch to watching episodes of another series to keep things fresh, but with Cross Ange I kept wanting to watch the next episode. Finished 25 episodes in 3 days. Usually a 25 episode anime season would take me a good few weeks to go through, with my switch-to-another-anime viewing method.

Anyway, I do have one question after watching the end of Cross Ange.

What happened to Princess Misty? You know, the princess who wanted to help Ange and let herself get taken hostage? What happened to her? Did she survive the merging? Besides Momoka and the military officer, she's the only other mana-user I like. I think they ought to let us know.

Maybe those of you who read the light novel or manga would know the answer? Princess Misty: Dead or Alive?
Oct 8, 2015 6:53 AM

Mar 2015
Teckmeister said:
I like it. The characters are more real than some other anime series.

It is interesting enough to make me want to keep on watching. Usually with anime, I can watch a couple of episodes of one series first then switch to watching episodes of another series to keep things fresh, but with Cross Ange I kept wanting to watch the next episode. Finished 25 episodes in 3 days. Usually a 25 episode anime season would take me a good few weeks to go through, with my switch-to-another-anime viewing method.

Anyway, I do have one question after watching the end of Cross Ange.

What happened to Princess Misty? You know, the princess who wanted to help Ange and let herself get taken hostage? What happened to her? Did she survive the merging? Besides Momoka and the military officer, she's the only other mana-user I like. I think they ought to let us know.

Maybe those of you who read the light novel or manga would know the answer? Princess Misty: Dead or Alive?

If they ever do a series following Ange's sister, we may see her team up with Misty. I think that would be pretty cool.
Top_SergeantApr 21, 2016 2:39 PM
The sword that takes life gives life
Oct 12, 2015 9:24 PM

Jun 2013
This anime really grew on me over time, my only gripe is that Embryo ended up just being a self-centered shallow horny old bastard. I guess he just finally went crazy after a thousand years of having his way with any woman and then he suddenly found one that resisted.

Overall good show and seriously great OST.

8/10.
Nov 4, 2015 12:08 AM

Apr 2012
so tusk is the only non-dragon male in that world, lol so hes gonna have a harem if they want their "nation" to last more than 1 generation
Nov 8, 2015 3:35 PM

Oct 2010
Embryo trying to pry open Ange's lags were highlight of the show XD

Seriously, this episode was so and so. First we saw Alektra died, which was bullshit. Tusk and Momoka survived the impossible then why couldn't she be saved? At least have something for Salia to go back to. Yeah she has friends but all she wanted for someone to need her. I liked her at the beginning, then her transformation was kinda hard to process until she explained. A bit annoying, but I ultimately found her pitiful and sad. She needed a much better resolution then what Chris got. And even Ersha got short end of the stick too.

Embryo's defeat was a bit underwhelming. If he can arouse the character by touching them, why didn't he try to do that to Ange like before, it would have been easier. And shout her mouth that others couldn't find her. Loved that Hilda and Salia got their respective units in their own color. Dragons came a bit late though. Lizardia is alright, I kinda liked her design.

Salamandine, one of my favorites as well, was highly unused. She felt like a character from another anime that I was about to know much more. Seriously, I was waiting to see her specific episode about her past and some epic battle. Yeah, she was there, but mostly in the shadows kinda.

The ending was nice, but too short. I wanted to see more of the world they were about to create, not just bits and pieces. So, Hilda stayed with Ange who is with Tusk? Hmm...

Overall, this show had atmosphere changed a few times. The first episode set the stage for something grim, showing the place that Ange is about to be is nothing but despair. Yet in an episode or two they show a life that is manageable as long as you survive the battle. The ''prison'' as it was stated was pretty much free. As long as you had money, you could buy and do anything. Then they showed that among teammates there are groups, and not everyone get along. And then after few episodes later, everyone acts like they are best buddies flushing through the toilet those first impressions that show gave us. If you want story to be told in one way don't change from moody to funny in quick manner.

Ange's personality had it's mood swings. I think they did a god job of portraying her isolated and self centered life. Her venture into the battlefield left her being in denia,l but after accepting her fate she started acting rush, cynical, rude, disrespectful and antisocial. But being saved by Tusk she shoved kindness and better interaction with her team members, only to completely change again by the next episode. Same when she was sick. It was clearly showed that she was smiling while bathing with everyone, only to go back to her usual and bitchy self in a next episode. The last 1/3 of the show, when she got more stellar personality, was much more tolerable.

Plot was good and it did have quite a few surprises here and there. I was really hooked up from episode 12 and onward. Yuri scenes I liked but Tusk falling on Ange's crotch and crap like that was annoying.

Mecha fights were alright but it needed more villains. Aside from one or two bigger Dragons, most of the fights were among Norma members themselves, whom they saved near the end.

Overall, very memorable show minus some inconsistent stuff and personal dislike. Nice plot, great first OP song and EDs.
Nov 14, 2015 8:22 AM

Oct 2014
You don't see attempted rape at final episodes everyday
Dec 2, 2015 8:44 PM
Jan 2010
Cross Ange is a very good anime. Great characters (Ange, Hilda, Salia) and storyline.
Music is a masterpiece.

Pros anime:

- story
- character
- music
- emotions
- A great fanservice

8/10

I recommend only version of BD. TV version = censorship.
Dec 2, 2015 10:26 PM

Feb 2010
If anything, the character development for the main protagonist is well... the most development I have ever seen for one character in any given anime. Very weird but enjoyable series :D

Dec 6, 2015 10:34 AM
Jan 2010
Rape scene was censored in the TV version.
Everything was censored in TV version (violence and nudity).
yuichi333Dec 6, 2015 10:46 AM
Dec 29, 2015 9:58 PM

Dec 2012
LOL Embryo was ready for the sex. He destroys Ange's clothes when she attacks him. Then uses the plants to spread her legs. Later on he has to use his hands to spread her legs, which had me dying.

Booty Ange.

Dat one scene where we get to see Ange's pussy cat, but she doesn't have one.

Jesus Tusk Yamato saves the day.

Wish Sylvia died. Now she's a wannabe Ange. Maybe one day offscreen.

Cafe Ange. The end.

This show could have been a masterpiece if the BD's had nipples.
RobDec 29, 2015 10:00 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 9, 2016 2:15 AM

May 2013
Good anime, i give it 9/10. Anyway better than A/Z, as many already mentioned :D
Watched it in BD, i'm somehow glad it was w/o nipples, i think i would get annoyed of this through the whole show xD
Momoka is the best maid ever! :D
I3lackwingFeb 9, 2016 2:22 AM
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
Feb 22, 2016 1:07 PM

Oct 2013
RIP my nigga Embryo. You were a misunderstood man.

Great finale despite how predictable it was TBH. Tusk saving Ange is legit the most emotional moment in the show (sure wasn't Alektra's death because that wasn't remotely emotional, sorry dudes). That rape scene too, 10/10.

I maintain this show is the mecha version of Pulp Fiction. No joke, this series is brilliant in some ways. It's like a parody of Code Geass, if that's even possible considering Code Geass is pretty over-the-top itself...

Unfortunately, it is also very problematic. Most of the characters are very poorly developed, which would be ok if they were very likable... but they aren't. Only Ange and Hilda became likable, but even then, really, I was unable to grow attached to them (might be more my fault than the show's considering everybody else who likes this show thinks Ange is an amazing character somehow). The development for characters like Salia was just pathetic too. This show also should've been 3 cours instead of 2, because half the show is too fast paced. It made it difficult for me to care what was happening at times because everything was happening too fast.

That said, most of everything else is excellent so I can't complain much.

I want a post-apocalyptic spin-off featuring Sylvia's journeys in the false earth. If Cross Ange is a parody of Code Geass or Gundam, this hypothetical spin-off could be a parody of Evangelion! It would be so badass.
ZadionFeb 22, 2016 1:29 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 1, 2016 6:33 AM
May 2010
FloydBt said:

Oh, yes, in case anyone is wondering about the Normas procreating when there is only one humanoid males left, please remember that the massive dragons, including Aura, are technically male that can revert to their humanoid forms when they need to mate.

Actually, given how they eat the dracnium crystals, and are so large and all... And we never ever see a male dragon in humanoid form, I think they might need to both be dragons to well, copulate.

kirayamato26 said:

On a more serious note, the ending is very Gundam Seed Destiny-esque with the whole "I am human! Screw gene manipulation!" thing.

Apr 17, 2016 4:29 AM

Feb 2015
not really a satsifiying ending, but i can't say it was a bad ending. my problem with this series is with the torture/ "almost rape-like scene" i really can't handle that and it bothers my enjoyment.

LOL at Sylvia tho. she can walk all this time but she was too lazy to walk ? talk about how spoiled she was....

The story, in my opinion was very interesting/very good. i like it personaly but the some of the characters were really annoying to me. well, at least i'm glad there are some characters that i like because the first time i watched episode 1,2,3, the character is annoying AF! i didn't like the character at all, but after some character development, i was strating to like some of the character like Ange, Momoka, Vivian and Tusk. and i like the relationship between Ange and Tusk, and i like how they were progressing the character development between Tusk and Ange in that kind of situation...

The soundtrack was meh...imo, while the animation/art was pretty good imo. for the character design, only one character that i like, and it's Ange. Her looks is too hot or more like her looks is my ideal type, and i'm glad that her personality was developing in every episode so i was getting to like her more and more and now without any second thought i can say "She is ma waifu" (LOL) even tho i still hate her LOL. what a weird shit....

Overall it was a pretty good show especially the story. the ecchi was okay. well, because the MC's looks is ma fav, and she was always the one who get the fanservice, so it was hard for me to watch the ecchi because IT WAS TOO MUCH FOR ME especally when it comes to torture. but thank god i can endure it (LOL), ecchi aside, for the enjoyment, tbh, i enjoy it, but not really, because of the torture/"almost rape-like scene" and the character development except the MC's character development. just gonna be honest, till now, i still hate all of the characters other than Hilda and her friends, Ange, Tusk, Momoka, Vivian, Ersha, and Salamanderblablabla. and that is the reason what bothers my enoyment. there are some of the episode that i really enjoy but the rest.....it wasn't boring instead it was pissing me off. so i give this show 6.8/10, but i put 7 in my list since it's close to 7. So my problems with this anime is the Character and the Torture with fanservice scene. other than that was good.

This show is the biggest guily pleasure that i had and i never watched it again cause the fanserive was dangerous AF!
Can someone count how many times Ange got naked in this anime ? LOL
just look at the scene when the tip of Embryoo's dick was about to get inside her pussy... :(

3 things that i like in this episode. Ange's fanservies, The fight scenes, and The ending visual.
YizelTroApr 17, 2016 4:36 AM
Apr 24, 2016 10:23 PM

Mar 2014
So idk which reviews and posts are being sarcastic, and which ones are being honest, but I'm being honest here: it was pretty kek, but despite that, I loved it. The story, not so much, but the characters, oh man, loved them. Ange is the best female MC I've seen in anime + she's probably in my fave 5 female anime characters.

6/10

P.S. The way Tusk cucked Embryo this episode, is one of my favorite moments of the series. Love you Tusk.
Apr 25, 2016 12:37 AM

Apr 2015
Overall good show, would have been an 8 if there was some footage of the aftermath.
Although it's pretty logical to leave it at Ange and her harem to avoid angering shippers.

7/10
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jun 18, 2016 11:26 AM

Apr 2014
In the end... It was not handle pretty well... I mean the fight and speech... It didn't make me fell anything... Maybe cause that Embryo guy went down like any Villain who makes speech's that just so wrong and twisted and My brain can begin to think how was it a good Idea in the 1st place...

Overall I did enjoy most of the episodes... So I Gave it a 6/10. Would totally recommend...

BTW this all feels like what I've seen in the Super robot wars game...
which Cross Ange will be featured in One!...In SRW V!
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Jul 4, 2016 6:42 AM

Apr 2016
I really loved the series, but I think the last few episodes were lacking... :/
Aug 1, 2016 10:48 AM

Jun 2016
I have mixed feelings about this series. There is too much nudity and sexual stuff. It might be used in order to reflect the brutality and obscenity
Of the world the characters live in, like in naturalism (using vulgar language, showing the worst sides of human beings, etc). It is still overdone. Almost each episode we have to see Ange falling on Tusk naked and it is quite unnecessary.

Except for the overly done vulgarity, the show was pretty intense. The themes examined in the series are thought provoking. I just like how it elaborates on discrimination, hatred, and human nature. Thematically speaking, it was a deep anime. It shows how people need to find something/someone to hate in order to avoid their own problems.

It was interesting to see how Ange changes from a prejudiced, conceited aristocrat to a much deeper human being.

In my opinion, the unnecessary sexual scenes, nudity, and some childish quarrels between characters just lower the anime. The plot could have been handled mucn much better.

Overall, I like the themes and characters so I put up with the nonsense.
Aug 14, 2016 3:39 AM

Feb 2014
Just stayed up all night finish this series. Totally worth it.
The characters are so strong and memorable, especially Ange, even a character like Salia have a clear and believeable reason why she's being a bitch.
The art is okay-ish, sometimes it can look good, and sometimes it looks like shit, but not bad enough to detract you from the viewing experience.
The soundtrack is good, it has some memorable piece, especially the one that the main character sings to use her ultimate lol.
The story is epic although suffers from some plotholes. if you actually watched the after credits, you will know that the creators actually acknowledges these plotholes and making fun of it, maybe taking a jab at all those cliched anime? But I wished they had a proper solution instead of having those asspulls though (momoka and tusk's death,...)

9/10. Never once did I get bored while watching through this, unlike BokuMachi which I recently watched.
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?" - Accelerator
Dec 3, 2016 4:53 AM

Feb 2016
Confucius said:
Jill died, called it like several episodes ago.

One thing didn't make sense to me was why couldn't Salamandinay open the portal and connect to Ange? I thought she had a Vikis as well.

Speaking of Salamandinay, I felt like she was underused as a character. I think the ending fight could've been a lot better if it was just down to Salamandinay, Ange, and Tusk. The other secondary characters were just in the way.

How did the secondary characters get a ring anyways? I think Salia got hers from Jill, but where did Hilda get hers? No explanation why Ange and Salamandinay's song connected.

Nope, far as I remember Ange got the ancient human's stolen ragna-mail and she's the only one with the royal blood and the ring to fully utilise it, I don't know why Salako did jack shit, probably due to annoying will power playing a factor and because Jesus Yamato needed to be useful. Jill never could use it properly, especially after fetus villain stripped away everything, notably her will power and self confidence.

Agree, underutilised character.

Hilda got her ring from Chris. Chris was fetus's underdogs so naturally she got a ragna-mail ring. No idea about the song but we do know that Salako could open singularities/wormholes like embryo/fetus could. Perhaps it was passed down from Aura.
Cloud_IllusionsDec 3, 2016 4:57 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Dec 5, 2016 2:58 PM

Sep 2016
100/10 best anime of all time
need season 2 of slice of life cafe ange!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 26, 2016 7:49 AM

Mar 2016
This anime would be a 10/10 if it was just Ange killing dragons and dominating Arzenal's prison economy, which it was for the first 6 or 7 episodes. The ending and Ange's attitude though: Putting the blame on the humans for their brainwashing and the behaviour of the royal family that rules over them (which Ange was a part of) makes Ange look cruel, selfish, and hypocritical. This works when the main conflict is a yuri prison harem, but when it's about happy endings and the fate of an entire world, yeah I'm not sympathetic to her.
syncrogazerDec 26, 2016 8:04 AM
Jan 25, 2017 5:22 AM

Oct 2014
I feel somewhat cheated by this show. It's not bad, I liked it enough to give it a 7. It started out very well, had a great premise and even had great characters even though Ange herself was very despicable for half the series. Then, the halfway mark came and the show degenerated into a cliched mecha show with all the usual tropes.

It could have been so much more. Hopefully, there won't be a sequel, there's no need for one.
Feb 6, 2017 4:16 AM

Nov 2013
The hell with it. these fuckers killed my Jill just because they didn't need her anymore. I call bullshit.
And guess what? The ending sucks too.
Feb 14, 2017 7:21 PM

Apr 2010
Only watched this because it's being included in Super Robot Wars V. It wasn't great, but it kept me entertained at the very least. Hilda is the best girl.

6/10
Mar 6, 2017 12:04 AM

Oct 2013
Cross Ange was just alright for me. Ultimately, more good than bad but there was still a lot wrong with the execution and story that frequently made me cringe.

Also, more importantly, did anyone else feel this was just one giant allusion to pregnancy?? I feel like there was too many parallels. Oh Embryo how you squirmed... Even if this grand allusion is true I couldn't help but feel like the final fight's battle cries were appalling... Well I guess she really didn't want the genes of a man who waited 1000 years.

I'll give Cross Ange a 6/10. It had the potential to be a dark thrilling show but unfortunately, it ended up like this.
Mar 16, 2017 8:01 AM

Jun 2008
It was alright....but my god, how much deus ex can an anime really have?

But the biggest problem for me was just how insanely over-the-top it was at various points.

Like seriously bipolar!

The ecchi fan in me loves the slutty lesbian scenes and unapologetic fanserivce in this anime...

But the serious anime side of me can't ignore the blaring problems and how all over the place this really was.

6/10
Apr 5, 2017 6:31 PM

Jan 2011
The end fight was a bit lame. Especially Salamandine didn't do much at all.

And Ange singing while being pinned down was weird. Maybe they should have put a bit more effort into it, besides animating her mouth, dunno.

I like Salamandine's song and singing way more anyway. Heck, even Embryo is better.

Most surprising outcome ever: Sylvia leading a gang of thugs or whatever and personally shooting other thugs. Nobody foresaw that. Nobody. That she's not going to stay the pampered princess, maybe. But this? Not a chance.
Apr 7, 2017 6:36 PM

Aug 2010
Overall a very enjoyable show. It's been a while since I watched an already finished airing show. Embryo had a pitiful death. I actually felt a bit bad for the guy.

My OTP Ange x Tusk which is definitely a plus also considering my OTP in most anime never happen.

Cafe Ange! Now all I need to see is the babies.

But is Tusk seriously the only non-dragon male?

Overall an 8/10. Ange was a very awesome female lead.
Apr 25, 2017 3:25 PM
Jul 2013
Started off well, had an interesting plot. Unfortunately, the glaring plot holes (how does Ange's mother know about Embryo, Momoka surviving falling off a cliff, Tusk surviving a freaking EXPLOSION with just a meh, and more), the ham-handedness of 'we are all humans' at the end (why weren't there any underground pro-norma organizations?), the budget cut scenes (happens a lot towards the end of the series), and a few other things brought it down in my eyes. I give this an initial 6/10, adding one for the decent battle scenes, plus another one for the Ange giving Tusk her panties scene, for a total of 8/10.

(the show really had some potential...)
May 22, 2017 10:08 AM
May 2017
So Annoyed by Embryo He Keeps on talking about this new world thing and his only shitty plan was to cleanse Ange by having forced sex?
May 23, 2017 3:03 AM

Sep 2016
Battle,singing,battle,naked
Ange naked everywhere wtf xD
It'll be good if they make hentai instead
5/10
May 31, 2017 8:11 PM

Apr 2011
4everfatjoe said:
That ending. What the hell? Please tell me it was intentional to make Ange look like an asshole and the writers aren't just plain dumb.

You're joking right ? after all the shit she went through in the first season you expect her to care about the people there ? did you even watch this show ? LOL

first part was easily a 10/10 for me, second part was less good but still decent way to end the series.
Jun 22, 2017 8:06 AM

Oct 2012
what a great series. i felt the ending was rushed though. and it just kept me wanting more.

9/10 for me.
Sep 14, 2017 3:33 PM

Sep 2014
Wow this was a very decent conclusion. Pretty much one of my favourite finals I saw in recent years (Well it IS original anime after all, so they arent "tied" to crap)

The final fight was really nice with the double MechaxMecha and fetus-kun X tusk on the ground.

Overall a very enjoyable anime, I might even rewatch it someday. The OST was very good, Ange singing the "endless song" was always nice. Especially the way she did it in crucial moments like .. getting executed by hanging or.. getting abused.
Also the Animation was amazing, the mecha fights looked really awesome. Good stuff Sunrise!

Besides all the fanservice I think we got a very good anime right here, and I think if you atleast heared about Cross Ange you will know what you are about to get in terms of fanservice (Well that was the reason I watched it - I wanted something cringey) I am usually not a fan of ecchi and fanservice because its mostly simply unnecessary or the only appeal the anime/episode has. Especially pure fanservice episodes.. But since this was pretty much entirely made out of fanservice I actually enjoyed it.
I have to say I was not really fond of Tusk and Anges relation till the final. They managed it quite well in the end. I still think Tusk is easily the weakest point of this anime. He is just to bland and .. dense. (pretty much your typical harem MC without a harem).

Also this anime started with very heavy Yuri so I expected it to end that way (especially after hilda and ange had some bonding moments). So the Tusk X Ange ship feels a bit weird and forced.

TL;DR Binged it, very enjoyable. Fanservice was pretty much necessary for this kind of anime. 8/10 I would like to see more of this.

PS: I think Anges character was really really badass. She first looked like your typical princess in a cage, but she adopted very fast and had this burning passion. She reminds me very much of Yona (Akatsuki no yona). The beginning is also nearly the same.
Comander-07Sep 14, 2017 3:39 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 16, 2018 9:21 PM

Feb 2014
If this was a hentai, he would already be doing her by the time the rest of them arrived, instead of lying on top of her like a dead fish.

This was pretty decent for a big, dumb, cheesy fucking mecha. There were a lot lot of dumb moments and annoying characters, but their psychology and actions made sense, given what they go through.The plot especially got pretty good once the parallel earths and multiverse concept was introduced. And any anime that makes me binge watch it within two days is doing something right. So it's a 6/10 for me.
Feb 24, 2018 4:33 AM

Jul 2008
I'll give it a 7. I don't think Salia deserved to survive but that's just me.

Embryo really was such a creepy bastard.
Feb 26, 2018 6:48 AM

May 2015
I wanted more post-war scenes :(((((

Still this anime was really stupid but I enjoy it. Ideal 7/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 15, 2018 8:39 PM
Jul 2009
Finally watched this, my only question is... what's with the past lives we get shown in Ep 11? Was it just a plot point to give them a reason to warm up to each other more easily?

Expected more to do with repeating earths/earth history, but it seems like despite for being around for so long, Embryo hasn't reset the world before or anything prior to this, so that cycle of past lives seems like a weird tacked on bit. But I guess that fits the show, anyway.
Apr 18, 2018 4:37 PM

Nov 2016
Trainwreck done right.I really had a blast watching this.

Glad that this ended on a happy note,but too bad that they didn't show a little time skip to see how things have developed between the characters, but oh well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 31, 2018 1:43 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Yay! Fetus-kun was killed!
Oh, and the ending is great.
Sep 30, 2018 12:42 PM
Mar 2018
I finished it! Well it started ok but after Embrio's introduction went downhill really quick. The most pathetic villain with ludicrous motivation. Salia and Chris survived, unfortunate but expected. In that world people can forgive murder, betrayal etc easily, just say "I'm sorry". Ange's character development was pretty good throughout the series. The only decent, consistent person was Momoka. She was complete opposite of every other female trash. Solid 5/10 for this trainwreck.
Oct 23, 2018 11:44 PM

Jul 2017
I'm still not happy about the magic revival BS and am not forgiving it... but I got my HildaxAnge kiss. They shoe-horned it in to appease yurifags like me, but whatever, I'll take it. At least Chris and Rosalie are canon.

Anyway. Damn. This show was a wild ride. I definitely appreciate how few fucks it gave about pretty much anything; this is the kind of anime that turned me on to Japanese media to begin with when Western media started getting so sensitive around 2010 or so. That sort of tone and melodrama really took me back in that regard. This show just feels like a cult classic by the time you reach the second cour.

A healthy dose of violence, ecchi, yuri, and melodrama all wrapped up in a pretty stellar story made every episode entertaining. Two-cour series usually leave me sighing through the fluff episodes, but Cross Ange is just twist after twist with deliciously self-aware fan service and gratuitous violence sprinkled on top for added flair. Great stuff.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

174 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 1, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.