Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (24) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Mar 30, 2015 10:19 AM

I hope they realize the ugliness and will remedy in BD.
Slaine used as a scapegoat is a ridiculous gimmick and implausible in the context of the script.
The Zero Requiem unbeknownst to him.
I hope they add a scene with Slain and Lem are found, also set in several years away.

Sales of BD of the series are not so exceptional I think.
http://www.someanithing.com/3092

Sorry for bad English.
Modified by Gihren90, Mar 30, 2015 10:23 AM

Mar 30, 2015 10:34 AM

Gihren90 said:
I hope they realize the ugliness and will remedy in BD.
Slaine used as a scapegoat is a ridiculous gimmick and implausible in the context of the script.
The Zero Requiem unbeknownst to him.
I hope they add a scene with Slain and Lem are found, also set in several years away.

Sales of BD of the series are not so exceptional I think.
http://www.someanithing.com/3092

Sorry for bad English.

You don't have to apologize for your English skills. I'm not a grammar Nazi because I know it's not everyone's' primary language on here. It's only 3rd tongue that I speak.

BD sales aren't the greatest but sales are good enough. I would be happy to buy the first season but this second season really soured my outlook on wanting to spend anymore money.

All this talk about Lemrina reminds me why she's not the best girl to me. Her betrayal of Slaine just to trick him to revealings everything in order to get Asseylum to turn her back on him drops her down in my book. Sure he lost Asseylum but Lemrina didn't really get him either thanks to the fallout of all that. Slaine is probably still dreaming of Asseylum in prison having heard she wanted to spare his life.

Mar 30, 2015 10:44 AM

casiopao said:
Slaine should immediately give a new broadcast to all the Knights that the Knights does not need to fear that their Aldnoah rights can be revoked as there are a new Empress over here which is Lemrina. While she is used by Slaine, now she finally achieved the position which Seylum had. She does not need to hide anymore in the shadow of Slaine. From there, she can actually do thinks which should be done. Helping the older class people of Vers while allowing Slaine to get more support. This way, Lemrina would actually be viewed by the people of Vers more of their Empress rather than Seylum who focuses more on peace between Vers and Earth rather than the Vers situation.

Yeah, such a pity, that her existence wasn't rvealed to the public. I think the knights must've welcomed a sane intelligent princess. And having a source of aldnoah would've solidified Slaine's position. It's so sad that he isn't allowed to grow past his childhood love.
There was no reason for Slaine to surrender and destroy the base.

Also, I think, in this regard Lemrina was better off with Saazbaum. I don't believe he was going to make her disguise as Asseylum. Actually, the death of Saazbaum was also meaningless and undermined Slaine.

casiopao said:
Rayet actually really had great chances of growing into great character here. She can actually be shown to had huge hesitation on fighting for EFU here. Yes, she hated Vers a lot here but she herself is still a Versian. What she hated most here is the Count and all those high position people who only care about their own position and honor. However with the new rising hero of lower class Vers, Slaine. She began to waver on whether she should still follow EFU where discrimination toward her still happen and join Slaine which however still had some if not many of those cursed Count still staying with him.

This is what a proper character development should be. Rayet would be at least tons and tons more interesting than most character in A/Z.

Oh, this is very interesting. I have thought about her in the confines of the current story, but this is much better. I agree - I wanted to see a movement for equality among the simple people on Mars. I'd also make Harklight an agent of a revolutionary organisation or added its representatives into Saazbaum's court.

Sadly, in the end A.Z became a black and white simplistic story. I won't be surprised if the next development, if it, god forbid, comes, is Asseylum killing versian knights for the greater good of the Earth. Like, you know, her, Inaho and Kloncine raiding around, freeing the territory.

casiopao said:
"Raises a cup of sake'

Cheers! Have some snacks too!

Mar 30, 2015 10:49 AM

MetaKite said:
All this talk about Lemrina reminds me why she's not the best girl to me. Her betrayal of Slaine just to trick him to revealings everything in order to get Asseylum to turn her back on him drops her down in my book. Sure he lost Asseylum but Lemrina didn't really get him either thanks to the fallout of all that. Slaine is probably still dreaming of Asseylum in prison having heard she wanted to spare his life.

Frankly, I ignore it as illogical and hardly explainable. She had no reason to do it, and she wasn't prone to thoughtless hysterics before that. We were not shown how her change of heart regarding Asseylum happened, and I can't reconstruct it.

But Asseylum is a black hole Mary Sue in that she escapes death numerous times and warps other characters' personalities... Logically, Lemrina should've killed her, while in tube, shot her afterwards, or, best of all, killed her off during the shoot-out at the base. Letting Asseylum go was letting go of Slaine. That's not what an ambitious girl from the beginning of the cour would do.

Ignoring facts is not good, I know, but we're in the aftermath phase. With this part she doesn't make sense as much as most of the other characters.

Edit: so this is not a proper analysis, that's true, more of a wishful thinking.
Maybe the idea is that she hoped that if she would be the only girl on the base the things could change, but she wasn't stupid for the fist part of the cour. They broke her after the assassination attempt, she refused to commit.
Modified by deadoptimist, Mar 30, 2015 10:56 AM

Mar 30, 2015 11:23 AM

These formus seem more peaceful than what I remember o-o

So what is the current topic? :3

Mar 30, 2015 11:56 AM

Knight-Artorias said:

The trauma of the actual writing is far more severe than anything haters from the opposing team can inflict. So we're exploring the collective PTSD and riding off the remaining drops of the high, I suppose.

Also had the haiku festival.

Mar 30, 2015 12:07 PM

However I don't think that will make a S3 or a movie, at least not any time soon.
In that case they would promptly announced at the end of the series.
I think the Olympus knights's project ends here.

Thinking about it's a pity that the project was called Olympus knights and did not show even a combat on mars.

Mar 30, 2015 12:19 PM
deadoptimist said:
Knight-Artorias said:

The trauma of the actual writing is far more severe than anything haters from the opposing team can inflict. So we're exploring the collective PTSD and riding off the remaining drops of the high, I suppose.

Mar 30, 2015 4:44 PM
There is no fucking way the top brass would just stop the war cuz she told them to stop. They have way too much to gain, way too much to lose, and have sacrificed way too many. I also seriously doubt negotiations would go that smoothly either. If things were going to be this simple, there never would had been a war in the first place. I'm just going to assume that Vers was running out resources and pretty much surrendered, leaving the terms of the negotiation to be far more favorable for the Terrans.

Why did Slaine plan to blow up the moon base along with the Earth forces there? I thought he had no personal hatred against the Terrans, he just wanted to make political changes and thought winning the war would be the best way to unite both people and gain him influence. If he gave up on winning but didn't want to live with the shame of what he's done, why didn't he just shoot himself? In the end, he decided to settle his personal score with Inaho, which makes the most sense I suppose.

Mar 30, 2015 7:13 PM

SO WHAT WAS THE COUNTDOWN ON THE ALDNOAH ZERO WEBSITE FOR ANYWAY

Mar 30, 2015 7:41 PM

Probably a movie sequel. If we were getting a third season it would have been announced a while ago. OVA are usually announced rather openly to drive up hard media sales so I doubt it's that.

Mar 30, 2015 7:42 PM

AldNOnedied Zero.. Beast animu evur!!
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Mar 30, 2015 7:43 PM

deadoptimist said:
Btw, I appreciate your review greatly. Gave links to some fellow viewers, and they were impressed as well.

I'm afraid you'll have to type in the past tense now as Gary Inahoe is no more, and Blame Tryhard was never to be, but thank you for reading it and passing it around. Makes me feel almost dirty: to have been used by so many people. Good to find someone with a name as depressing as my own, btw.

AppoX said:
I am so glad.... so glad this god damn shit is over.

Shitty ending, I REALLY hoping that they'd at least kill of one of the secondary characters and Slaine. Of course I knew this series ain't got the balls to kill any of the Earth irrelevant cast whose names I cannot even remember, and they didnt even fucking kill Slaine? I am on team fucking Slaine myself, but seriously? They were too fucking scared to kill a major character.... I would MUCH prefer if one of them Inaho/Slaine died, or better, BOTH. when they were falling I was REALLY hoping that they'd both fucking die, that'd be poetic and perhaps good writing?

The world can move on once the two bullshitty protagonists (a gary stu Wall-kun and a personality 180 skateboarder) perish because of their mutual hate. The last fight was fucking horribrle, very bad CGI. and the last Chess scene was fucking Bullshit cliche. Why not kill Slaine? Because pussy princess is being fucking moe and stupid.

And that whole BS which made the anime end was such rushed ending Princess Idiot says 'Stahp fightin, I wan peac' and suddenly the Orbital Knights just listen to her because we all know how peace loving the orbital knights really were from season 1....? Slaine still got Aldnoah activation and Princess's blood line means jack fucking shit in the face of power.

Why no character development?

The biggest problem this series had was -> Inaho, or his overpoweredness, he has a fucking training mech but fights with it like Jesus. There was no tension for the Earth side, the music and the anime certainly wanted you to feel tension or suspense, this doesnt work when the fucking viewer knows that No matter what, No matter how, Inaho will come at the last minute and save the day without much effort.

Assylum being Empress..... she fucking stupid.... giving Earth Aldnoah, GG, two decades down the line Mars/Vers will become a backwater shithole because of no resources, and its only good thing and advantage over its clear rival - Earth was Aldnoah! Just to fucking remove it like that? You may as well unconditionally surrender to Earth and get annexed by it instead of provoiding them with tools so they achieve that goal later down the line when they are more prosperous and technologically advanced.

Bitch should stay away from politics and stay being moe, she cant even control her Orbital Knights, who would follow an idiot princess who gave away HER OWN power and the only life line of their home planet, for NOTHING? Without Aldnoah activation being limited to just The monarchy and the knights, the Vers monarchy cannot function, she basically shot herself in the foot and gave away her only power. G,G, idiot.

Although marrying that fag blonde dude was a decent political move.
Thank god she didnt end up with Slaine/Inaho, that'd be just stupid, and would be an obvious attempt at pandering to the 'shippers'... why would a princess marry a lowborn Terran soldier? To lose support and prestige and gain nothing? Don't even make me talk about marrying Slaine....

Well the ending was more of a 'AND then they lived happily EVER after....' such wishful unrealistic ending, A idiot princess suddenly wants peace, peace happens >end.....

I was willing to give this series a 6/10... because it was 'fine' as MAL classifies it (although made me cringe and not want to watch it most of the time, it had somewhat unique ideas, but damn that writing.....) But after this ending ill leave it at a 5/10.... 'Average', an Average anime is by no means a good anime, because after all 90% of all anime is BS moe/romcom/shounen/harem junk so an average of that? Go figure..

Good post. But you must surely agree that, overall, watching Aldnoah is FAR more enjoyable than watching long-winded talk-talky anime, such as LotGH. What Aldnoah got right, in my honest opinion, is taking the intrigue out of the political. I mean, REALLY: who wants to see two men drink tea and TALK? SOOOOOO boring. Anime has moved forward in that regard, at least. Small mercies. Slaine's rise to power moved me. Reinhard was just a pretty boy that got what he wanted, when you think about it.

Mar 30, 2015 8:05 PM
Knight-Artorias said:

Well, with this show ending and the ship all sink thx to Klaincain, we can now finally had proper discussion on whats wrong and how much this show miss its mark.T_T

Gihren90 said:
However I don't think that will make a S3 or a movie, at least not any time soon.

Thinking about it's a pity that the project was called Olympus knights and did not show even a combat on mars.

I guess even Oberstein does not accept this series lol.

deadoptimist said:
casiopao said:
Slaine should immediately give a new broadcast to all the Knights that the Knights does not need to fear that their Aldnoah rights can be revoked as there are a new Empress over here which is Lemrina. While she is used by Slaine, now she finally achieved the position which Seylum had. She does not need to hide anymore in the shadow of Slaine. From there, she can actually do thinks which should be done. Helping the older class people of Vers while allowing Slaine to get more support. This way, Lemrina would actually be viewed by the people of Vers more of their Empress rather than Seylum who focuses more on peace between Vers and Earth rather than the Vers situation.

Yeah, such a pity, that her existence wasn't rvealed to the public. I think the knights must've welcomed a sane intelligent princess. And having a source of aldnoah would've solidified Slaine's position. It's so sad that he isn't allowed to grow past his childhood love.
There was no reason for Slaine to surrender and destroy the base.

Also, I think, in this regard Lemrina was better off with Saazbaum. I don't believe he was going to make her disguise as Asseylum. Actually, the death of Saazbaum was also meaningless and undermined Slaine.

casiopao said:
Rayet actually really had great chances of growing into great character here. She can actually be shown to had huge hesitation on fighting for EFU here. Yes, she hated Vers a lot here but she herself is still a Versian. What she hated most here is the Count and all those high position people who only care about their own position and honor. However with the new rising hero of lower class Vers, Slaine. She began to waver on whether she should still follow EFU where discrimination toward her still happen and join Slaine which however still had some if not many of those cursed Count still staying with him.

This is what a proper character development should be. Rayet would be at least tons and tons more interesting than most character in A/Z.

Oh, this is very interesting. I have thought about her in the confines of the current story, but this is much better. I agree - I wanted to see a movement for equality among the simple people on Mars. I'd also make Harklight an agent of a revolutionary organisation or added its representatives into Saazbaum's court.

Sadly, in the end A.Z became a black and white simplistic story. I won't be surprised if the next development, if it, god forbid, comes, is Asseylum killing versian knights for the greater good of the Earth. Like, you know, her, Inaho and Kloncine raiding around, freeing the territory.

casiopao said:
"Raises a cup of sake'

Cheers! Have some snacks too!

This is some of the problem i had with shows who tried to be mature and edgy in this era and yet they are still stuck on the mentality that one side is always good and another side is always bad.

Just look on the older Gundam series. Zeon faction is bad,evil and ruthless but man, EFSF is more or less the same. Rampant of corruption, highly discriminating againts Spacenoids, and also being highly ruthless on their operations.

It is the case of lesser evils. Which one of these is a better one? Will u choose Zeon? or EFSF? Both is damn bad so it creates discussion on which one is a better choice.

However like here on A/Z, it simply all white vs dark. Inaho is good while Slaine is bad. There is no showing how the EFU top brass all is also a bad people who Inaho should not support and Seylum should care enough to not fall into giving them the Aldnoah tech. But nope nothing ever happen from that view. Peace come and war goes away i guess is easier for the viewers to accept.T_T

And yep.^_^ Rayet indeed first is my favorite character in S1 but after how she immediately change her personality into helping Seylum escape and of course how she simply follow EFU till the end without questioning on her action there and only being driven by her rage on Vers is simply sad.T_T

Mar 30, 2015 8:17 PM
AironicallyHuman said:
deadoptimist said:
Btw, I appreciate your review greatly. Gave links to some fellow viewers, and they were impressed as well.

I'm afraid you'll have to type in the past tense now as Gary Inahoe is no more, and Blame Tryhard was never to be, but thank you for reading it and passing it around. Makes me feel almost dirty: to have been used by so many people. Good to find someone with a name as depressing as my own, btw.

AppoX said:
I am so glad.... so glad this god damn shit is over.

Shitty ending, I REALLY hoping that they'd at least kill of one of the secondary characters and Slaine. Of course I knew this series ain't got the balls to kill any of the Earth irrelevant cast whose names I cannot even remember, and they didnt even fucking kill Slaine? I am on team fucking Slaine myself, but seriously? They were too fucking scared to kill a major character.... I would MUCH prefer if one of them Inaho/Slaine died, or better, BOTH. when they were falling I was REALLY hoping that they'd both fucking die, that'd be poetic and perhaps good writing?

The world can move on once the two bullshitty protagonists (a gary stu Wall-kun and a personality 180 skateboarder) perish because of their mutual hate. The last fight was fucking horribrle, very bad CGI. and the last Chess scene was fucking Bullshit cliche. Why not kill Slaine? Because pussy princess is being fucking moe and stupid.

And that whole BS which made the anime end was such rushed ending Princess Idiot says 'Stahp fightin, I wan peac' and suddenly the Orbital Knights just listen to her because we all know how peace loving the orbital knights really were from season 1....? Slaine still got Aldnoah activation and Princess's blood line means jack fucking shit in the face of power.

Why no character development?

The biggest problem this series had was -> Inaho, or his overpoweredness, he has a fucking training mech but fights with it like Jesus. There was no tension for the Earth side, the music and the anime certainly wanted you to feel tension or suspense, this doesnt work when the fucking viewer knows that No matter what, No matter how, Inaho will come at the last minute and save the day without much effort.

Assylum being Empress..... she fucking stupid.... giving Earth Aldnoah, GG, two decades down the line Mars/Vers will become a backwater shithole because of no resources, and its only good thing and advantage over its clear rival - Earth was Aldnoah! Just to fucking remove it like that? You may as well unconditionally surrender to Earth and get annexed by it instead of provoiding them with tools so they achieve that goal later down the line when they are more prosperous and technologically advanced.

Bitch should stay away from politics and stay being moe, she cant even control her Orbital Knights, who would follow an idiot princess who gave away HER OWN power and the only life line of their home planet, for NOTHING? Without Aldnoah activation being limited to just The monarchy and the knights, the Vers monarchy cannot function, she basically shot herself in the foot and gave away her only power. G,G, idiot.

Although marrying that fag blonde dude was a decent political move.
Thank god she didnt end up with Slaine/Inaho, that'd be just stupid, and would be an obvious attempt at pandering to the 'shippers'... why would a princess marry a lowborn Terran soldier? To lose support and prestige and gain nothing? Don't even make me talk about marrying Slaine....

Well the ending was more of a 'AND then they lived happily EVER after....' such wishful unrealistic ending, A idiot princess suddenly wants peace, peace happens >end.....

I was willing to give this series a 6/10... because it was 'fine' as MAL classifies it (although made me cringe and not want to watch it most of the time, it had somewhat unique ideas, but damn that writing.....) But after this ending ill leave it at a 5/10.... 'Average', an Average anime is by no means a good anime, because after all 90% of all anime is BS moe/romcom/shounen/harem junk so an average of that? Go figure..

Good post. But you must surely agree that, overall, watching Aldnoah is FAR more enjoyable than watching long-winded talk-talky anime, such as LotGH. What Aldnoah got right, in my honest opinion, is taking the intrigue out of the political. I mean, REALLY: who wants to see two men drink tea and TALK? SOOOOOO boring. Anime has moved forward in that regard, at least. Small mercies. Slaine's rise to power moved me. Reinhard was just a pretty boy that got what he wanted, when you think about it.

Wutttt???? Aldnoah is more enjoyable that LotGH??? The two men drinking tea and talking? U mean Yang Wen Li talk with REinhard? That actually had more character development then almost all Aldnoah ever had.

The fact that Yang mention how he simply love the taste of his homeland water/tea more than Reinhard one's is a subtle rejection over Reinhard asking Yang to become his subordinate. Hell, he even mention that if fate is different as Yang is to born as on The Empire, he will be sure as hell running to Reinhard asking to be his subordinate rather than the opposite now.

It shows how difference the view between these two characters who in the end looking for peace however the way of achieving them is different. Their difference in ideologies where Reinhard believe that a properly lead Dictatorship can be better than corrupt Democracy meanwhile Yang view that the future of that Dictatorship system is unreliable as how many chances there are new Reinhard keep being born? Which can be very dangerous if an incompetent leader would to rise up.

In the end, Aldnoah politics is easily what a dreamlike or baby politics. There are no backlash. There are no logic behind them. The character all moves not with political intention however with their personal feeling.

In LotGH, even changing the location of capital is highly risky move mentioned by Reinhard as it risk alienating most of old Empire army who follow him but still had the love for the old Empire(Rouental in this case.) Every movement need extra consideration. Unlike A/Z which......well never explained?

And also, on how Reinhard just simply rose up??? Ohh pliz. While Reinhard did indeed accept the special treatment from the Kaiser, he also had so many great feet from his lower position till he become the Great Admiral there. It is simply a blasphemy to mention how Reinhard just get there while saying Slaine did better.

"I cannot lose to anyone. People admire and stay loyal to me because I'm undefeated. I'm not supported because of my bloodline." This sentence would not exist if Reinhard simply rises up with 0 effort there.
Modified by casiopao, Mar 30, 2015 8:50 PM

Mar 30, 2015 8:21 PM

deadoptimist said:
Knight-Artorias said:

Also had the haiku festival.

There's definitely no denying A/Z could've been much much better but it was still very entertaining - imo at least - though I do wish we knew more
- delve deeper into Aldnoah
- more development for Inaho , Rayet, Marito etc
- What happened to Lemrina? ( never thought I'd care about her since I hated her at first but she grew on me :3)

- Did the peace help the low class back on Verz?
- If they don't plan on doing S3 what was the point of Cruhteo Jr? Everything he did Mazuurek could've done .

If they do end up making a 3rd season hopeople Lemrina fights since she finds battles beautiful and give us more info about da bloody Aldnoah :<

PS it saddens me that they didn't use most the tracks in the OST

Mar 30, 2015 9:16 PM

that was boring af.

please don't make a season 3 unless complete change in characters (maybe 50-60 year timeskip or something)

Mar 30, 2015 9:41 PM
You know what,

will it be better IF they make an OVA instead in order to tie up loose ends once and for all & the question will be said in there???

casiopao said:
God pliz no. Noooooo.

Lemrina deserves muchhh more than being another character sacrifised into antagonist only for the sake of making baka Seylum shine even moar even when she does not deserve any of those.

Lemrina as a character grow much moar and had moar character emotion + logic than Seylum ever had from S1 to S2.

Lemrina is a bitter girl, clingy and in need for affection however, she is also more human than Seylum ever had. She fall in love with Slaine even when she know that she does not really had a chance. She even tried to push herself to talk to Slaine on how Seylum is not the only one who cares for him(Which in this case, i don't Seylum even really care about Slaine anymore after she uses him as a martyr for the attempt to assassinate her.)

If third season really do happen, i would hope to Godddd that Lemrina will this time finally able to break Slaine heart into loving her properly without any of those Seylum effect holding Slaine. Lemrina deserve much better here.

Really. This is what you're trying to say to me. THIS is my biggest problem in this anime of all time. Both Harklight & Baroncruz are disappear for NO apparent reason, need to say more? You never know what is going to happen next.

God! I hate it when some people disagree with me till they never understand crap all the time.
Modified by JafriZin, Mar 30, 2015 9:48 PM

Mar 31, 2015 12:21 AM
JeffreyZin said:
You know what,

will it be better IF they make an OVA instead in order to tie up loose ends once and for all & the question will be said in there???

casiopao said:
God pliz no. Noooooo.

Lemrina deserves muchhh more than being another character sacrifised into antagonist only for the sake of making baka Seylum shine even moar even when she does not deserve any of those.

Lemrina as a character grow much moar and had moar character emotion + logic than Seylum ever had from S1 to S2.

Lemrina is a bitter girl, clingy and in need for affection however, she is also more human than Seylum ever had. She fall in love with Slaine even when she know that she does not really had a chance. She even tried to push herself to talk to Slaine on how Seylum is not the only one who cares for him(Which in this case, i don't Seylum even really care about Slaine anymore after she uses him as a martyr for the attempt to assassinate her.)

If third season really do happen, i would hope to Godddd that Lemrina will this time finally able to break Slaine heart into loving her properly without any of those Seylum effect holding Slaine. Lemrina deserve much better here.

Really. This is what you're trying to say to me. THIS is my biggest problem in this anime of all time. Both Harklight & Baroncruz are disappear for NO apparent reason, need to say more? You never know what is going to happen next.

God! I hate it when some people disagree with me till they never understand crap all the time.

Lol. I agree with u that both Harklight and Barouhcruz vanishing when they attacked Deucalion is crazy as they had chances to retreat but throw it away? And killing them off screen is just bad taste for me.T_T It is just, u mention on hoping Lemrina coming back of cour 3 where she become the evil new Empress is where i disagree.

If cour 3 would to happen i would love THIS time to be shown on how the Vers social status and life haven't really changed as what Seylum did is only repairing the relation of the two planet however she never mend the damage on her own planet. And this time, who knows if the old brass of EFU won't betrayed them after they get their own Aldnoah system.

Lemrina would actually be a very pivot figure in cour 3 this time where she lead the lower Vers and giving them all the access towards Aldnoah which can lead to another new war happening.

Mar 31, 2015 2:10 AM
the proper title for this episode should be:
"RIGHT IN THE ASS!"

Mar 31, 2015 2:22 AM

casiopao said:
Gihren90 said:

LOL, I guess even Oberstein rebuked the political decision of the princess.
It's okay to make peace, but do not make a white peace when you're in a advantage position.
At least make conditions more favorable to your people, thinking about the prospect of lasting peace, taking into account the development needs of both parties.
Not to unbalance the balance of power once again in favor of earth.
I would be happy in a new series in which the Earthlings are like the Titans and invade Mars.
Modified by Gihren90, Mar 31, 2015 2:38 AM

Mar 31, 2015 2:23 AM

It finished. I preferred the first season to this one, but it is still good. The end seems realistic, the Martians stay loyal to the princess.
It was really nice to have a protagonist like Inaho, smart and always calm. The OSTs by Sawano Hiroyuki were wonderful as always. I love this guy !

9/10

Mar 31, 2015 2:31 AM

I kinda understand Asseylum's thinking somehow. She was like: "So obviously someone has to get my panties by the end of this, so should it be the Nutcase or the RoboPirate? Or should I just bang the first decent looking martian knight near my age that I see and be done with it?

Good pick, hime :)

Mar 31, 2015 4:40 AM
omg. No one from the earth cast fucking died (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mar 31, 2015 4:43 AM
Knight-Artorias said:

probably because the people who usually insult others for not praising Inaho like the god that he is, are not responding for awhile :P

Mar 31, 2015 4:43 AM

TeriyakiNinja007 said:
Knight-Artorias said:

probably because the people who usually insult others for not praising Inaho like the god that he is, are not responding for awhile :P

Because you idiots with your echochambers are never going to see reason so why waste time on deluded twats like you

Mar 31, 2015 5:12 AM

Anyways I was right when I said the ending will be similar to Zero Requiem.

Well kind of...

Mar 31, 2015 5:18 AM

Mar 31, 2015 5:19 AM

Z4k said:
Anyways I was right when I said the ending will be similar to Zero Requiem.

Well kind of...

Not really. Zero requiem was intentionally created. Slaine just got everything pinned on him by all the others without that being his intention. Two different things.

Mar 31, 2015 5:28 AM

Darklight0303 said:
Because you idiots with your echochambers are never going to see reason so why waste time on deluded twats like you

Ohoho. I see that Darklight is feeling, how you say it?, salty. A perfect example to use this new expression.

casiopao said:
Lol. I agree with u that both Harklight and Barouhcruz vanishing when they attacked Deucalion is crazy as they had chances to retreat but throw it away? And killing them off screen is just bad taste for me.T_T It is just, u mention on hoping Lemrina coming back of cour 3 where she become the evil new Empress is where i disagree.

I agree. And they even left Lemrina unguarded, And Baroucruz had his own castle to retreat to.
From narrative pov it would be much better if they stayed alive too - as a foreshdowing of a new conflict.

Knight-Artorias said:
There's definitely no denying A/Z could've been much much better but it was still very entertaining - imo at least - though I do wish we knew more
- What happened to Lemrina? ( never thought I'd care about her since I hated her at first but she grew on me :3)

- If they don't plan on doing S3 what was the point of Cruhteo Jr? Everything he did Mazuurek could've done .

If they do end up making a 3rd season hopeople Lemrina fights since she finds battles beautiful and give us more info about da bloody Aldnoah :<

I liked the fandom wars, but as for the actual show the last episodes were physically painful to watch. I guess, I can't say that it was enetertaining, if I watched the scenes on reverse order simply to get through.

I totally agree that Mazuurek and Cruhteo Jr seem like foils. There was no point in introducing Mazuurek at all. A staggering example of bad writing, fit for cautionary paragraph in a textbook.

That they left Lemrina to her own devices is stupid too - she is a trump card for any count.
Modified by deadoptimist, Mar 31, 2015 5:36 AM

Mar 31, 2015 5:34 AM
WTF with that ending I really thought and hope for Inaho and Asseylum ending because on what Asseylum said on episode 22 plus the development that happened between them and the Opening Credits

Mar 31, 2015 6:19 AM

deadoptimist said:
Knight-Artorias said:

I liked the fandom wars, but as for the actual show the last episodes were physically painful to watch. I guess, I can't say that it was enetertaining, if I watched the scenes on reverse order simply to get through.

I totally agree that Mazuurek and Cruhteo Jr seem like foils. There was no point in introducing Mazuurek at all. A staggering example of bad writing, fit for cautionary paragraph in a textbook.

That they left Lemrina to her own devices is stupid too - she is a trump card for any count.

Yes these threads were great at the start and ending in the middle I kinda found the topics to be the same over and over (bloody episode 7 and 12 :<)

And the fact that we don't know what Saline send objective really pisses me off, I doubt his plan was to get locked in prison with everything blamed on him.

But if his goal was simply conquer earth why did he surrender? I doubt he couldn't defend against the attack on the moon, and if it was about the OK turning on him Lemrina could've turned the tables easily.

Edit: spelling and stuff
Modified by Shenoa, Mar 31, 2015 6:27 AM

Mar 31, 2015 6:45 AM
yeah, I doubt Asseylum ever did fix anything on Vers, she was shown months after the 2 nd war on the restoration of EARTH and not Vers(really did she forget her own people lost relatives in that war?).The feudal oppression on the lower class still exists, racism still exists, her Counts and Knights are not following her orders to make peace with Terrans nor do they wish to negotiate with them.At this point I dont believe Asseylum has any power to change things, she gave away the only resource Vers had to Terrans , so what does Vers have to trade with now?
The writers made Slaine give up to avoid the whole expected Vers civil war that could take place ,but if there is a S3. I would expect there to be mass terrorism against Asseylum by her own people.

Mar 31, 2015 6:45 AM

Congrates to Asseylum on resetting Aldnoah.Zero back to season 1 all Slaine's efforts to keep her safe wasted. She is probably gonna be assassinated by her own people because she stupidly gave Earth Aldnoah which was the only thing that made the vers on the same level as Earth. Sigh*

Also Slaine's goal was to benefit the vers by taking da resources from Earth and also save Asseylum from being assassinated. I really like how Slaine didn't care if Asseylum hated him he just wanted her to be safe. Then in the end he wanted to die because his efforts went down the drain and he failed to save Asseylum. No hope left... even Inaho doesn't keep in contact with Asseylum.

Mar 31, 2015 7:02 AM

I hear talk of a possible season 3 or movie only on 4chan and here.
Can anyone tell me why there is this conviction?

Mar 31, 2015 7:14 AM

Clueby said:
Congrates to Asseylum on resetting Aldnoah.Zero back to season 1 all Slaine's efforts to keep her safe wasted. She is probably gonna be assassinated by her own people because she stupidly gave Earth Aldnoah which was the only thing that made the vers on the same level as Earth. Sigh*

Also Slaine's goal was to benefit the vers by taking da resources from Earth and also save Asseylum from being assassinated. I really like how Slaine didn't care if Asseylum hated him he just wanted her to be safe. Then in the end he wanted to die because his efforts went down the drain and he failed to save Asseylum. No hope left... even Inaho doesn't keep in contact with Asseylum.

^ This pretty much sums up season 2. All that effort, then down the drain. Even Slaine realised Princess Moe was so hopelessly moronic and had to treat her like a pet, for her own good. His reaction at the end being pretty much being 'fuck it, just blow me up / end this show, FFS; LEAVE ME' was very fitting.

Gihren90 said:
I hear talk of a possible season 3 or movie only on 4chan and here.
Can anyone tell me why there is this conviction?

They ended the series like the first X-Men movie, which had a sequel. Fact.

No-one died and Count Husband was left suspiciously underdeveloped. If they weren't planning on expanding on the Gary Inahoe saga, Slaine - at the very least - would've died at the end. As it stands, with no closure/deaths whatsoever and the title having 'Zero' in it, the only logical conclusion is the REAL starting point for the series is, sadly, now. I think the first 24 episodes were supposed to be like the Star Wars prequel trilogy... without the sequels existing yet or sumat.

It seems all too obvious what they're going to do, if the series sells enough: have Gary and Slaine team up against Count Husband. I see no other meaning in introducing the character so late on. ENEMIES BECOME COMRADES, FOR LOVE~!

Also: there was a post from a user on Animesuki that suggested Japanese viewers don't share the abundant negativity Western viewers universally share.

Obetstein only had a dog for a friend, btw. Kinda depressing, that.
Modified by AironicallyHuman, Mar 31, 2015 7:17 AM

Mar 31, 2015 7:16 AM
Darklight0303 said:
TeriyakiNinja007 said:

Unless you have not read the last 10 pages, you would had known that after you and the mindless haters had pass on. The forum can finally devote itself to,idk, more constructive discussion rather "lets play the game of who hates slaine the most, the one who acts like the biggest dickhead wins. "

Mar 31, 2015 7:38 AM

It had so much potential...

Slaine getting blamed for everything (including the attempted assassination of Asseylum) is just too cruel.

Mar 31, 2015 8:07 AM
Gihren90 said:
casiopao said:

LOL, I guess even Oberstein rebuked the political decision of the princess.
It's okay to make peace, but do not make a white peace when you're in a advantage position.
At least make conditions more favorable to your people, thinking about the prospect of lasting peace, taking into account the development needs of both parties.
Not to unbalance the balance of power once again in favor of earth.
I would be happy in a new series in which the Earthlings are like the Titans and invade Mars.

Well in LotGH world, what Seylum just did is like giving Iserlohn Fortress to Terraist and said with this, we hope we can be friend forever.^_^ And we know what will happen if Reinhard did that lol.

TeriyakiNinja007 said:
omg. No one from the earth cast fucking died (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

LOl. i feel u there.T_T It is really strange how the writer is afraid of making any member of EFU died during battle here.T_T It is like the opposite happen here. Vers actually is the underdog even though they are those who are using Super Robot.

kymano said:
yeah, I doubt Asseylum ever did fix anything on Vers, she was shown months after the 2 nd war on the restoration of EARTH and not Vers(really did she forget her own people lost relatives in that war?).The feudal oppression on the lower class still exists, racism still exists, her Counts and Knights are not following her orders to make peace with Terrans nor do they wish to negotiate with them.At this point I dont believe Asseylum has any power to change things, she gave away the only resource Vers had to Terrans , so what does Vers have to trade with now?
The writers made Slaine give up to avoid the whole expected Vers civil war that could take place ,but if there is a S3. I would expect there to be mass terrorism against Asseylum by her own people.

Well, if S3 did happen i hope that this time the writer would Dare to show that Seylum move is very wrong here as not only she throw away Vers trump card, she also never fixes the problem in Vers. She even succesfully(lol) created a new conflict inside Vers where she is under the loyalist flag vs the Orbital Knights who love wars. and then..... where does the low class people should go here after Slaine is taken down???

S3 happening should really this time move to Vers to show how the lower class finally had enough of being under Seylum as she had throw away Slaine who is considered as the hero of lower class Vers and now giving away Aldnoah to EFU. Huge rebellion happen and this time there will be another TRUE huge civil war in Vers where three faction this time is duking out each other. Seylum Royal Loyalist faction vs The Rebel Orbital Knight faction vs The Rebel lower class civilian army faction.

And when the Vers finally exhausted most of their resources, come the EFU this time thanking Seylum for giving them the Aldnoah to allow them to build their own version of Super Mecha which is coming to seize Vers.

I would love to see Seylum reaction if S3 happen like that lol. Maybe she will finally said that peace is not as easy to achieve as she dreamed.^_^

Mar 31, 2015 9:20 AM
Oh man, i can't believe i watched 24 episodes of this crap.

It started out nicely and then it start to have these detective conan where our hero need to figure out how to defeat enemy mecha every episode. It build up all the way until this stupid ending.

Japan anime really sux ass compare to the golden age. They can't even have a proper plot

Mar 31, 2015 9:29 AM
UUups.

Adding another thing i just remembered lol.

Another HUGE PLOT HOLE i just remembered about Inaho and the eye lol.

It is mentioned by the doctor that it is a very dangerous technology as it can eat up Inaho's brain and we have seen that it had cause Inaho to collapse after using it too much.

We also find that the AI seems to had it's own conscious when it lied to Seylum.

Why all of the sudden in final episode, none of those thing are mention anymore??? In Eps 11 Inaho also explained that he already give away half of his brain to the AI system here. And suddenly on ending, there are no problem just removing the eye??? Like what??? How can it be mention as a dangerous tool then? There are 0 reason for the EFU to not mass produced this item now right?

Also the fact that the AI having develop conscious should also try to protect it's own existence by not allowing Inaho to simply removed it there as it is more or less killing the AI right?

Man, i am just like confused here on what does the writer really wanted to do with all that foreshadowing of the AI of the eye here.T_T Or they simply forgot about it's existence for the last episode lol.

Mar 31, 2015 9:59 AM

casiopao said:
UUups.

Adding another thing i just remembered lol.

Another HUGE PLOT HOLE i just remembered about Inaho and the eye lol.

It is mentioned by the doctor that it is a very dangerous technology as it can eat up Inaho's brain and we have seen that it had cause Inaho to collapse after using it too much.

We also find that the AI seems to had it's own conscious when it lied to Seylum.

Why all of the sudden in final episode, none of those thing are mention anymore??? In Eps 11 Inaho also explained that he already give away half of his brain to the AI system here. And suddenly on ending, there are no problem just removing the eye??? Like what??? How can it be mention as a dangerous tool then? There are 0 reason for the EFU to not mass produced this item now right?

Also the fact that the AI having develop conscious should also try to protect it's own existence by not allowing Inaho to simply removed it there as it is more or less killing the AI right?

Man, i am just like confused here on what does the writer really wanted to do with all that foreshadowing of the AI of the eye here.T_T Or they simply forgot about it's existence for the last episode lol.

Agreed. That eye was a crasher the moment I saw it had a consciousness. Literally impossible for a development for it when it appeared so late in the series.

Mar 31, 2015 10:46 AM

Poor Lemrina, may you find a kind Martian to replace Slaine.
Keep moving forward

Mar 31, 2015 10:54 AM

GenT-san said:

I continue to hope for Slaine X Lem.
At the end Aoki said that this is a new beginning for Slaine.

Mar 31, 2015 11:17 AM

Gihren90 said:
GenT-san said:

This reminds me of how some people note that Slaine could've used Lemrina as herself and not just the disguised Asseylum, and honestly I think Lemrina would be able to start something on her own because she cares about Slaine and his ambitions and he has the Aldnoah activation factor which could get her support. This would be interesting to see.

Darklight0303 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Justice is served.
Shame Slaine is alive though.

Life in prison can be worse than death. Justice is served regardless

Asseylum wanted him saved from his misery. He got thrown in prison to be miserable forever. They tried to make it seem like Slaine was touched by Asseylum's "kindness" but ugh, that's just cruel.

Darklight0303 said:
Tokoya said:

Lmao that would be awesome lol
But I want it to have them as adults with preferably a new cast but with the old cast still playing important roles

Older Inaho general with an eyepatch pls

I like the idea of a third season with a time skip, but not 80 years. I don't know of any anime that has done that big of a time skip (I'm sure they have but I've never seen one, if anyone could point one out that'd be great), but personally it would throw me off to have to get used to a whole new cast. But older versions of the current cast sounds awesome.
Modified by moaru, Mar 31, 2015 11:41 AM

Mar 31, 2015 12:10 PM

Imho if it is a serious series, the third series could be so:
-Vers Civil War.
-Slaine liberated, returns to his old agenda trying to join Earth and Mars in a single state, this time commanding the orbital knights rebels, against the princess, taking upon himself the role of scapegoat.
-At the end of the conflict, the rebels defeated by the combined forces Terrestrial and Martian loyalist, did not accept the new order, and thanks to the power of aldnoah seek new habitable worlds in the cosmos, under the command of Slaine and Lem.
A new era of expansion for humanity, after years of war and stagnation.

We hope they are more inventive than the unimaginative / uninteresting script that I said above, in the event of S3
Modified by Gihren90, Mar 31, 2015 12:23 PM

Mar 31, 2015 12:28 PM
casiopao said:

Well, if S3 did happen i hope that this time the writer would Dare to show that Seylum move is very wrong here as not only she throw away Vers trump card, she also never fixes the problem in Vers. She even succesfully(lol) created a new conflict inside Vers where she is under the loyalist flag vs the Orbital Knights who love wars. and then..... where does the low class people should go here after Slaine is taken down???

S3 happening should really this time move to Vers to show how the lower class finally had enough of being under Seylum as she had throw away Slaine who is considered as the hero of lower class Vers and now giving away Aldnoah to EFU. Huge rebellion happen and this time there will be another TRUE huge civil war in Vers where three faction this time is duking out each other. Seylum Royal Loyalist faction vs The Rebel Orbital Knight faction vs The Rebel lower class civilian army faction.

And when the Vers finally exhausted most of their resources, come the EFU this time thanking Seylum for giving them the Aldnoah to allow them to build their own version of Super Mecha which is coming to seize Vers.

I would love to see Seylum reaction if S3 happen like that lol. Maybe she will finally said that peace is not as easy to achieve as she dreamed.^_^

Nah im already satisfied when Asseylum's grandfather told her that she's dead to him. If Slaine does get freed, then Asseylum will be underpowered considering she doesn't have much power as she did under Slaine's authority.Don't know how many Knights are actually loyalists to Asseylum, Crutheo and Mazuurek are the only representatives that stood by her side.Slaine still have control over the rest so the civil war would have been terribly one-sided but i dont think Slaine has it in him to overthrow Asseylum.

Mar 31, 2015 2:16 PM
Gihren90 said:
GenT-san said:

Where did he say this?

Mar 31, 2015 2:21 PM

lmao. What a shitty ending.

Mar 31, 2015 2:34 PM
Mormegil said:
lmao. What a shitty ending.

I find this ending pretty good. Even though i expected it to be Inaho x Seylum it was still great change from usual endings where they or end up together or one die. Its really rare that they chose someone else for whatever reason. Even though i hate political marriage.

Great show, great way to spend 10 hours with outstanding animation, amazing soundtrack and interesting plot.

Underrated imo.

Pages (24) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »