Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 30, 2015 4:53 AM

Nov 2014
Well I've never tried since forever. Last time when I was a kid, I just took the piece apart and realigned them.

There are formulas and stuffs, I just never want to remember them. My friend does thou. He can solve one under 30 seconds, the 3x3, that is.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Mar 30, 2015 5:06 AM

Aug 2014
Yeah, I smash it to the ground and glue all the colored pieces together.
Mar 30, 2015 7:55 AM

Jun 2014
yaiba064 said:
There are formulas and stuffs

This is what I meant in the previous page about notations and all that jazz. That's why I learnt it on my own and didn't Google the method :/

I mean how I solve a Rubik's cube is the layer-by-layer method. 1st layer being you just put random pieces into the correct places and that the top color must be uniform. then that'll net you 1 side and 1/3 of 4 sides of the cube aka a "layer". The 2nd one is easier since you're just solving 4 corner pieces since the middle parts don't move and each corner piece has 2 colors. The last layer there's now patterns that you find like the "fish pattern" or the "4-square pattern" and you do the appropriate twisting of 1/3 backpart A and 1/3 backpart D. Then finally do the 12 moves finish and presto, a solved Rubik's cube.

If I'm not lazy I'll take a vid of me and my girl explaining the process.
Mar 30, 2015 2:52 PM
Oct 2010
For those interested in such puzzles and want to take it up to the next dimension, you may want to try MagicCube 4D, which projects a tiled and colored tessaract into 3D (and then into projective 2D). (Several similar programs have appeared since the original - note that the source code is freely available!).

Here is a video of the program solving the hypercube, although you may be more interested in doing it yourself:

Mar 30, 2015 3:00 PM

Oct 2013
Yea, I've solved a Rubik's cube. It does take time at the beginning, but after awhile you get a hang of it. It also gets boring after awhile too, which is why I no longer play with them.
Mar 30, 2015 3:28 PM

Jul 2012
Oh god, Rubik's cubes used to be my hobby and my life back in middle school to early high school years, what a terribly sad life I lived; I learned how to solve one thanks to youtube.

With that said, since it was my life back then I strived to become better and within a few years I managed to solve one under 20 seconds every time. I was also able to solve a 4x4 and 5x5, I can solve 4x4's within 1 minute and 20 seconds at most and a 5x5 within 3 minutes.

There were also rubik's cube type of puzzles that I used to play with such as a Square-1, Megaminx, Void Cube, and other stuff. I've also entered 2 competitions before...

Yup, I lived that sad life, it was a hobby for about 3 years. Like Tigervu said, it does get boring after awhile, no idea how I managed to play with one for so long though.
Mar 30, 2015 3:36 PM

Apr 2008
BishounenTatsumi said:
Plate said:
Rubik's cubes are one of those "intellectual accessories" that people need in order to feel smart, like an interest in chess and lots of books..

Now I find that an insult to the game. Of course it's your opinion, but I must disagree that taking an interest in chess or playing it for that matter is just to make someone feel smart.

OT: I tried. Many times. Did I succeed? haha....

That's not what I said. I said people use it to feel smart, I didn't say the only reason to play is to feel smart. Those are two different statements.
Sep 28, 2023 9:29 PM

Dec 2016
Who even cares about that pretentious child's toy these days. Can you solve the mobik meat cube?

Sep 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Jul 2010
I used to, when I was in high school. But I learned the patterns on the internet rather than figuring it out all on my own.
Sep 28, 2023 9:50 PM
May 2012
Yes only 3x3 never tried anything else. When I bought it I tried for 2 weeks then I got bored and discovered that the creator took months so I looked for a method and studied it. I've been solving the cube for twenty years with that method and it takes me 90 seconds on average, my record was 70 seconds but it was a fortuitous event. I'm not interested in learning other methods, I'm quite satisfied with this one. I can't solve it with one hand, I can solve it by looking at it for a few moments from time to time but I can't do it with my eyes always closed. I have difficulty solving it using an application on the PC with the mouse, that is, I can do it but I can make mistakes that I normally never make with my hands. Solving it became something automatic by combining mind and hands. I occasionally do this in the morning as soon as I get up to focus. I don't recommend the ones with the stickers because they come unstuck, you have to buy the ones with the colors attached to last forever and dismantle it to lubricate it from time to time.
Sep 28, 2023 10:54 PM

Feb 2020
"Can you solve a Rubik's cube?"

Yeah!

Sep 28, 2023 11:03 PM

Mar 2021
Well, I'm a speedcuber, or you could say I'm a beginner speedcuber. So yeah, I can solve a Rubik's Cube. My personal best for a single solve is 17 seconds, and my personal best for an average of 5 solves (AO5) is 19 seconds. Usually, my average times range from 22 to 24 seconds.

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Oct 2, 2023 12:04 AM

Mar 2008
Protip: take a screwdriver and pry the pieces apart and reassemble. You solved the cube.....technically
Oct 2, 2023 1:00 AM
Jul 2021
I used to, back in the day, when I was 10/16 years old. But I haven't solved one in ages, if I remember correctly the last time I solved one was 20+ years ago.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 2, 2023 3:42 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
I can solve it in about 10 minutes. Did one on a video game recently.
Oct 2, 2023 3:54 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
If you do it at random or guessing its very hard, but if you're following algorithms its really simple.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What if Burger is on a stick?

Dragevard - Feb 10, 2022

11 by Nayborie »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

57 by Ejrodiew »»
56 minutes ago

» What's the best way to translate Yu-Yu-Hakusho's title

AlphaMaleScotty - 8 hours ago

6 by Dumb »»
59 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - 6 hours ago

10 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

9 by fae »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.