Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 28, 2015 11:16 PM

Jun 2014
We finally know where Crusty is!

What a great ending! Lots of character development and growth from the younger members! New quest for Log Horizon from Kanami and hope for everyone!

I know the haters are trashing this season of LH, but I loved it! Can't wait for Season 3!

Overall I gave this a 9/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Mar 28, 2015 11:55 PM
Mar 2009
I loved the ending, loved the series, and would randomly re-watch any episode.

This is because I like seeing attention to detail in products, and even the slow episodes were slow because they explained the plot.

Sure some episodes were a bit lower quality in terms of pace and such but overall it is minor to me. For me, subjectively, this was great and if I had watched one anime for 2015, it wold be Log Horizon. I might re-watch Season 1 in dub, I like it that much (and I hardly ever watch any non-sub anime).

So, yeah, I enjoyed it so much!

This makes me glad, in a way, that .Hack was not so good... it just makes Log Horizon look so much better, and makes me hope the lessons learned from that mixed-results series (I mostly hated it), lead to this masterpiece.

Okay I'll stop freaking out now.

P.S. loved it!
Mar 28, 2015 11:57 PM
Mar 2009
bittersweetlove said:
At least I know Crusty still alive...most of this season was lame.
6/10

IKR! "Btw, Crusty is here."

Like, why so freaking long?

They should be using the ships or something to travel between continents by now, but I guess it might still take several months and with sea monsters and such, that might not be practical yet. Anyhow, um, I didn't find the season lame but I'm weird I like detailed stuff.

I did keep wondering about Crusty though and at the time I didn't like some of the episodes....
Mar 28, 2015 11:58 PM

Jul 2013
WOO YEAH CRUSTY!!
Demikas LOLOL. Drooling from the eyes huh?
Kanami and Shiroe talking xD
Now this was the best episode of the season.
Lel Regan, left Soujirou and the others behind XD
I'll give season 2 a 7/10.

Can't wait for season 3
And I hope it's as good as season 1.
Mar 29, 2015 12:05 AM

Aug 2011
Next season - The moon!!
We found the spaceship!!
Mar 29, 2015 12:10 AM
Jun 2011
Awesome, nice way to end the series.
I'm so glad I followed Akatsuki to this show.
The fauxli dd me good.
Major surprise on Kanami's daughter there though. She's still the hottest chick in the show, if anything being a MILF just made it better.
And a most excellent idea. Open a link between the 2 worlds.
I can't say I haven't dreamt of something like that as long as I've been an anime fan.
My whole being, even this name of mine is tied to a series of stories I wrote years ago about exactly that.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Mar 29, 2015 12:11 AM

Apr 2013
A serious disappointment compared to the first season, which I really enjoyed. I liked the final episode fine but most of the series I actually found kind of boring, especially the story arc revolving around the kids adventure. I'd still watch a third season but I definitely feel burned by this one, though I'm not gonna say it's the worst thing I've ever watched, and there were still moments I enjoyed.

6/10
Mar 29, 2015 12:19 AM

Jul 2013
I think they were too rushed to make the 2nd season so the pacing seems all over the place. I'd have preferred they wait until more contents are available and then make the 2nd season. I know that everything that was shown was cannon but it felt like some things were dragged on to make up for the episode quota. I wish they put more focus into Kanami (who deserves 2-3 episodes at least instead of 1), Planet Hwyden, and the genius monsters and cut the SoL-ish contents. I can understand the dilemma though since 1 cour would not be enough but 2 cour is also too much.

Overall though it's still the superior anime for any MMORPG geeks out there. While this is a step down from season 1 there are plenty of interesting contents enough to keep up until the end, at least for those who actually paid attention to the story and value character progression as much as mindless action. Akatsuki severely lacked spotlight on season 1 so it was great that she got the focus for almost half of this season (although again some things can be sped up). Of course I'd rather they'd have stuck with the old studio as the quality of animation was simply abysmal, on par with long running shonen like Naruto/FT on their worst days. It should not have happened to a 2 cour anime like this.

I hope that, for quality sake, they wait until the LN finish before making season 3. I'd hate to be left hanging like this when the story is at its climax. I mean come on, it's just plain cruel to stop at "the quest to connect the two worlds" and when the missing Crusty just appeared =(

7/10
MoeGodMar 29, 2015 12:30 AM
Mar 29, 2015 12:48 AM

Jun 2012
A nice final episode to an overall mediocre, boring season.

Disappointing, 4/10
Mar 29, 2015 1:45 AM

Sep 2010
Crusty hauling that arm around China seemed a bit gruesome. It looked like it moved too.

It seemed a bit awesome, but mostly anticlimactic, when Nureha suddenly decided to not let Indicus boss her around. There seems to be almost no detail on that subplot, at least in the anime.
Mar 29, 2015 2:08 AM

Dec 2012
This was a nice way to tie up the season and bring Log Horizon and the Round Table together again after all of that focus on separate adventures. Undeniably I enjoyed the first half far more but contrary to the complaints, I actually enjoyed the second portion when it was following the lower level group. Much less happened this season due to pacing, but I enjoyed delving into these characters more (particularly Isuzu). I also like how it's starting to tie those seemingly unrelated side stories together, such as Kanami in the China server and Hwyaden's activities.

Another strong point about this season is how it started to approach the different players' viewpoints on staying in that world or going home. Looks like Shiroe is aiming big and trying to make both happen. Even though I do welcome a third season and a proper conclusion at some point, part of me hopes that they never return and leave it as a mystery. That's part of what makes it so magical.

An 8/10 to compliment season 1. Shiroe and the gang all got some solid development and the world building only continues to flourish.
Mar 29, 2015 4:51 AM

Apr 2012
Definitely lacking compared to the first season.
I feel it would have been better if we tagged along with the china crew for more than a single episode. Maybe we could've had more Krusty than a minute of him.

Here's hoping for a season 3 and Akatsuki win.
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

Mar 29, 2015 8:49 AM

Sep 2014
Meh, the second season was a huge disappointment overall. I loved the first half which focused on the GAME aspect. Then came the second half which was nothing but stupid kid stuff and that pretty much killed it for me. Overall, 7/10 I suppose. If there is a season 3, hopefully they fix all this shite.
Mar 29, 2015 9:02 AM

Jul 2011
s3 please

S2 was better than S1 though
Mar 29, 2015 9:03 AM

Sep 2013
8/10 wasn't as good as the first but I am hoping for a s3
Mar 29, 2015 11:00 AM

Feb 2014
Crusty is finally back !

Season 3 when ?
Mar 29, 2015 11:57 AM

Jan 2014
~Fly me to the moon~!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 29, 2015 12:56 PM

Oct 2013
Good finale episode but that doesn't make up for it's flaws, compared to season 1 this was ok.

What this show needs is to take a dark turn towards
SAO where if you die you stay ded, hehe.

Mar 29, 2015 2:10 PM

Apr 2009
Fantastic final episode. Season was still good you guys are blowing it way out of proportion. Obv not as good as the first but this season was not horrible. It was simply more of the inbetween stuff that's all.

First season was amazing because it sets up everything and introduces all the characters. Second season is the fleshing out of backstories and wrapping up the small stuff and Season 3 is the conclusion of the main story and tieing up any main loose ends.
Mar 29, 2015 2:16 PM
Oct 2012
AnimeGURU475 said:
Fantastic final episode. Season was still good you guys are blowing it way out of proportion.

The haters were primed to hate the moment they knew Studio Deen was involved. Basically I would bet if you looked at the profiles of the most drooling haters you will find most of them are Fate fans. Seems a stupid reason to hate an unrelated show, but there you go.

Not to say that this season didn't have issues, but as you pointed out, the hatred often seemed visceral instead of informed.
Mar 29, 2015 2:51 PM
May 2013
Definitely a good episode to end on
Mar 29, 2015 4:56 PM
Nov 2013
That was a great anime. Season three maybe?
Mar 29, 2015 5:00 PM

Jul 2011
The season had its moments, but half of it felt like some poor fantasy SoL. S1 was definitely more interesting. S2 did pick up closer to the end, and the notion of communication of the moon was rather interesting. The boss was much easier than the dungeon a while back though, a wee bit of a bummer. But seeing Shiro in action is nice.

Also, Crusty found! Why would he be in the China server though?

Overall it was weaker than S1, but standalone it was still fine.
Mar 29, 2015 6:03 PM

Aug 2014
In the end the last episode could surprised me a lot!... ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 29, 2015 6:04 PM
Jan 2012
I look forward to a season three... And I wonder if either of the worlds would change when they get connected... Or at least, how much would they? The difference of each world's laws of death aside, there were also the gender issues and other such things...

Anyway, good to see Crusty again, looks like he just got sent to a different server... At least he isn't dead.

I enjoyed everything myself, so again... I look forward to a season three.
Mar 29, 2015 6:54 PM

Jun 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
AnimeGURU475 said:
Fantastic final episode. Season was still good you guys are blowing it way out of proportion.

The haters were primed to hate the moment they knew Studio Deen was involved. Basically I would bet if you looked at the profiles of the most drooling haters you will find most of them are Fate fans. Seems a stupid reason to hate an unrelated show, but there you go.

Not to say that this season didn't have issues, but as you pointed out, the hatred often seemed visceral instead of informed.

Hey! I like Fate to the point where you could call me a fan, and I think I liked this season more than most people did...

But then again, the exception strengthens the rule, I guess...

I mean, sure, the anime did focus on "side characters" a lot more than S1 ever could have, but it did show quite nicely how the adventurers in general are coping with the change in their environments.
But that might just be my rather rare sense of taste, preferring to see the world the characters are in over the main character being constantly in the spotlight...
I like my adventure series being about the world over individual characters :<
Mar 29, 2015 7:48 PM

Oct 2012
Hope there's a season 3 but don't think there will be since it said "The End" :(
8/10

Mar 30, 2015 12:58 AM

Mar 2010
I really wanted to rate this high because the main plot is pure epicness in every way. First half was great, it met all of my expectations and I would have rated it 9/10.

The second half was far far worse. The focus on the kids made no sense, it didn't bring much to the plot and the characters are boring as hell (other than Rudy since he's a Person of the Land). The part with the kids would get 5/10 from me.

The last arc was the best so far and I really liked that they finally made Shiroe fail. Also, I really like how they're subtly showing that the characters are starting to see the world as a real one. I doubt anyone would think that a game would punish them for beating a boss yet they seemed certain that beating him would destroy the tower. They didn't see it as a game but as real world where winning doesn't mean succeeding.

I decided to rate it 7/10.
Mar 30, 2015 1:44 AM
Aug 2014
Kinda disappointed with season 2. All of the climax in each arc kinda felt like flat soda. =/ 8/10
Mar 30, 2015 2:22 AM

Apr 2008
LOT less good than first season, I went from 8/10 to 6/10 for this. Too much filler (idk if really filler but for novel readers I sure hope so), B team episodes went on way too long and were hella boring.

Still I am hoping though that there will be a 3rd season to wrap this up better than this ''ending''
Mar 30, 2015 11:39 AM

May 2013
The Shiroe, Naotsugu, and Akatsuki combo is real!
Rieze has a long way to go, but that's okay because Crusty is alive in the China server with Kanami! (^_^)

Can't wait for Shiroe, Naotsugu, Soujirou, Nyanta, and Nazuna to reunite with Kanami.
We'll include Roe2 in the bunch. I wonder why Regan is there at Log Horizon though.

Anyway, Season 1 was way better than Season 2. Since Season 3 will most likely happen, I hope it'll be way better than this season.
All I can say is that Log Horizon 2nd Season is enjoyable for some parts.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 31, 2015 2:29 AM

Feb 2015
A season 3 will tie things up hope we don't have to wait too long
Mar 31, 2015 3:51 AM

Mar 2009
So in the end did Naotsugu ever figure out Tetra's a dude?
Nice to see Crusty appearing at the end!
Mar 31, 2015 6:47 AM

Mar 2012
Ah, so they already catched up with the novel. Hoping I will have the chance to watch the continuation in the far future..
Keep moving forward
Mar 31, 2015 8:43 AM

Dec 2012
The first season was much better. But this finale is really great ! It surely the only one I appreciate in this season.
Shiroe is still epic, I want to see more episodes with him.

6/10
Mar 31, 2015 9:01 AM
Mar 2015
Honestly, Kanami makes the season worth watching. The mere mention of her name brings out the best moments really. The fact that this free spirited girl was the leader of the famous Tea Party Guild is hilarious. Makes you wonder though....

Is Shiroe a daddy, but was too invested in the game to be one? Kanami makes it seem like a mother who would go "oh yeah, he's yours. Did I forget to mention that?" Either that or Kanami dumped him for another man and moved because she got pregnant. It sounds more realistic but kinda boring.

All in all, Season 1 is a solid 9/10 while Season 2 is an understandable 8/10. It wasn't a huge step back, it's just the split up through the middle of the season hurt it.
Mar 31, 2015 9:42 AM

Feb 2013
My exceptions from first season was high and the second season wasn`t as good as I thought it would be :x
Mar 31, 2015 3:14 PM

Nov 2014
Episode itself was pretty good. I'm happy they showed this "3rd option", Crusty and Kanami. It feels more complete thanks to that and makes waiting for 3rd season (if it ever comes) possible ^^

But this season in general was very weak compared to first one. A lot of boring episodes, weak Shiroe with only few badass moments that still were worse than in first season.
I gave it 7/10. Should be 6, but this last episode somehow made me give one more...
Mar 31, 2015 5:17 PM

Feb 2008
Sloppy.

4/10
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Mar 31, 2015 5:58 PM

Jan 2011
no where as good as the first season every now and then it had some moments but most of this season felt like filler

7/10 take a few laps Log Horzion hopefully when you come back you'll have more interesting content like the first season did.
Apr 1, 2015 8:12 AM

Jun 2010
Nice ending, definitely not complaining about how they ended this.
I know what they say about first impressions being the main stuff but for anime it all depends in the season finale.

I've seen so many shows start off so great but end the season with the biggest meh possible, glad log horizon wasn't one of those show. even though I'm sure ill never rewatch it again it will definitely leave some good memories. and once Yen Press catches up to this arc ill definitely give the novels a read.

8/10
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Apr 2, 2015 8:20 AM

Oct 2007
6/10

it finally did end, btw i am being generous with the rating
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2015 11:53 AM

Apr 2014
Whew, that was good.
Epic raid fight.
Thing just got even more interesting.
Akatsuki all the way!!
Overall score 8/10
Now, waiting for season 3 :D
Apr 4, 2015 8:32 AM

Jun 2012
And now a really long wait for season 3. :(
N☆ 

Apr 4, 2015 10:17 PM

Apr 2010
hellogarry said:
I wonder what Krusty is doing with that arm, if you know what I mean!

Dude
Apr 4, 2015 10:42 PM

Dec 2014
7/10 for story on this season

nice battle on last episode really love it ^_^

it will have season 3? maybe anyone know?
Apr 4, 2015 11:02 PM

Jul 2009
epicrevenge said:
And now a really long wait for season 3. :(
At least it left off at a good point where it can be picked up later even if it's made in 5+ years from now (if need be). :)
Apr 4, 2015 11:07 PM
Nov 2010
So, there's Crusty. Interesting episode and season. I'll watch more if it happens.
Apr 6, 2015 12:35 PM
Oct 2013
slight wall of text:

From a week to week standpoint, this season was not only weaker than the first season episode for episode, the overall pacing of this season was thrown off so hard thanks to catching up to the LNs that it literally tortured, and then killed off it's own hype. After watching it all the way through in a marathon though, this season wasn't actually too bad, it was just that we had to wait for episodes that we already knew were going to be lower quality than the 1st season, making the wait for something interesting all the more painful. LGS2 is actually not too far from the first season as a whole, it's clearly the weaker season yes, but taken as a whole, it's more like the buildup to season 3 than it's own thing. It fleshes out every overlooked character, and got us through the painful, but arguably necessary development of the junior characters. during the children's arc, (best girl) Nureha got her own development, Roe2 came into the plot, the world got a new song that actually gave stat buffs and protection to the town even though the anime didn't show it, and the levels of the children themselves are finally at a high enough level to be somewhat useful to the plot.

Then there's Akatsuki's development arc, which was also somewhat stretched, but gave the spotlight to other lesser known characters as well. and during the raid arc, we got development to the game functions, an introduction to (trap) Tetora, and all of the northern city characters got an entire arc to be the good guys (not to mention the item that Shiroe got during that raid is probably going to become important to the plot later if the flavor text was any indication). Yes we lost Krusty for over half the season, but contrary to peoples complaints, there wasn't much the main cast could do about that at the time, and it introduced the concept of flavor text becoming real for the arc that followed. As the final few episodes showed, practically everything done or introduced this arc was just for leading up to the grand finale, which as i stated before, will more than likely take up all or at least most of S3

Now onto the criticisms, i get that the pacing was bad due to a lack of novels to go off of, but that was no excuse for the poor animation or the terribly long arc centering around the children. That was the undisputed most terrible pacing in the entire season, and i do not think it's a stretch to say that it was also what dragged the whole of S2 down. The children themselves were not completely to blame for it, it's expected that they'd be incompetent to a degree, and they really were, but the way each episode was handled just drew out the worst parts of LH and ruined everything decent that S2 (and the children) had going at the time. then again, the show is being broadcast on a children's channel, so how much of that pacing was intended and how much was just actual mistake is debatable.

S1 had a children's arc as well, but the difference is that while S1's arc moved at a fairly brisk pace and the children were only part of the bigger picture S2's arc dragged out about 1.5 (at least) episodes longer than necessary and made the children the main focus. it DID introduce a major character(Roe2), and it also fleshed out another major character (Nureha). aside from those 2 and Rundelhaus, I really didn't feel like the characters gained, or showed anything worth remembering (aside from Isuzu's song, but by that point they made overused her songs enough that I personally was more annoyed than pleased by her most important song)

Summarized though; S2 was not as good as S1, but it was still pretty damn good. and S3 is more than likely going to be the best of the 3 seasons so long as studio DEEN is NOT in charge of the animation or if they step their game up (but it's DEEN, so that's about as likely as me winning a Gundam build fighters tournament.)

Season 2 gets a 6/10 on it's own, it'd be 8/10 if the children's arc had been sped up a bit and if the animation had been better(fixable in the blu-ray hopefully), but as it it just doesn't follow the first seasons level of glasses-pushing awesome as much.
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.
Apr 6, 2015 8:05 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid ending for this season, while this season was a bit weaker than the first one, it still had some really lovely character and story development in general and well with this ending you just have to expect a third season coming!

That said all in all this second season of Log Horizon was pretty good. 7/10
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

162 by l9kyubyu »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.