Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion

Mar 29, 2015 3:51 AM

liked it more than i thought i would. still feels like something was missing and a lot of questions were left unanswered.

7/10

Mar 29, 2015 4:51 AM
Really love this anime..
Sadly it comes to an end eh..

Nice art.. nice songs.. and a really great plot for me..
This anime has a lot of morals afterall..
It makes you think twice of your action.. and the message to always value your own life..

And that farewell of chiyuki and decim.. Just so touching.. I was on verge of tears

Overall 9/10! Best anime of the season 😊😊

Mar 29, 2015 5:49 AM

I was having lunch while watching this and I had a hard time finishing it during the house scene. Man those emotions were powerful, the soundtrack was amazing

Thank you Madhouse, this show made me feel both happy and depressed at the same time, really something special, anime of the season for sure

Mar 29, 2015 8:17 AM

The ending was very touching, one of the best in its season :) This is the end, there is no way a second season can be made without Chiyuki in it as people are drawn to her.

I seriously thought during Chiyuki's judgement that she could actually come back to life, it didn't even struck me early on that it was all fake. In my thoughts, I want Chiyuki to either defy the odds and come back to life or become a human Arbiter herself :)

Mar 29, 2015 10:36 AM

The show was okay, but this is definitely a very well written ending.

Mar 29, 2015 12:59 PM

I somehow expected more of the ending, but it was fine I guess.
It was a pretty good show, art and music were great, especially the OP.

Mar 29, 2015 1:38 PM

omfg i can't stop crying

it's been almost an hour since I completed this show and i'm still crying

ugh why does this show have to end!? :(

9/10

Mar 29, 2015 2:09 PM

That episode killed me inside near the part where she realizes everything she missed... I'm still crying omfg
Other than being an exceptional anime, the ending seemed kind of longer than it should have been...
They made it the extended 'hey everything's all good though' kind of ending.

How I see it, the other arbiter could have named out the rules near the pool table to her and then added, if an arbiter truly feels emotion, he would disappear forever, or something along the lines. Then right after, is when she and Decim cried, and the music gets louder, both of them realize their skin is flaking into showing the doll parts, then boom, roll the credits.
I was also expecting something good to happen to all those characters that died before ;-;

But I guess they're setting it up for another sequel so I'm down with that :3
Modified by linoone, Mar 29, 2015 2:13 PM

Catch me on Deviantart at CaptainKaspurr
I draw animu bishies

Mar 29, 2015 2:58 PM
Well that's that. Great anime overal. Is it me or is that OP song the best song I've ever heard?

Mar 29, 2015 3:00 PM

Death Parade just keeps churning out one emotional episode after another. Chiyuki is yet another case of a character who took the value of her life for granted and sees the error of her ways too late. It seems DP really emphasizes the value of life and how death is the one thing that can't be taken back. Seeing Chiyuki break down and then Decim cry made the episode for me. A well deserved reincarnation with a bittersweet resolution. Chiyuki gets another shot at life but can never go back and undo the end of her own and the consequences that were born from it.

Talk about a great kick start to 2015. Death Parade's examination of the human condition and the psychological behavior of the characters was phenomenally executed. I wish there had been more focus on the episodic scenarios as I wasn't as immersed into the main story that was working in the background. Nevertheless, the various situations that were presented went well above and beyond anything I could have asked for and the story of the two killers is my highlight of this show. Death Parade delivered a plethora of thoughts and themes to ponder on but remained ambiguous and never focused on them too heavily. This allowed the various topics and issues about life, death, and judgment to the viewers' devices, making for a far more interesting exploration of them.

8.5/10. Very atmospheric, beautiful, and classy.

Mar 29, 2015 3:38 PM
I love the ending really amazing

though it did lack something
you know you don't need action to make it perfect but since this ending made me feel "it has no action" it then lacks in some other aspect/element (not action) which I don't know

10/10

I want a sequel and OVA with Light Yagami
damn it!

Mar 29, 2015 4:05 PM

DrCoppelius said:
4/5 for this episode, 7/10 for show overall. Some episodes were boring and
I don't think there was meant to be a message. It was simply meant to make viewers question the idea of judgment and of deciding whether someone's life was good or not. The idea was to raise questions and make people think, not give them an answer—and anyway, giving an answer would be ultimately flawed. Some would agree and some would not and that would be the end of it. I like the ambiguity better.

Well in talking about messages, I meant that as including asking questions. And I think what you're saying IS what they were trying to do with the show, I just personally think that they failed in their attempt. Like the show raises the question, "Is it okay to judge others?" But then it messes up and tells us, "Yes, yes it is okay to judge others! Nothing wrong with it at all!" Like there's all the people who get wrongly sent into the void, and yet nothing happens to right any of these wrongs or fix the system that caused them.

Or I guess to summarize, the show's intended message is undermined by the events of the plot.
And when somebody asks if I'm okay
I don't know what to say

Mar 29, 2015 4:10 PM

Lots of crying this episode. Fitting end to the series.

Not great and not bad. Average overall.

Mar 29, 2015 7:24 PM

Hey guys I made a BLOG about the anime about the world of Death Parade you should check it out...
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=768756

Mar 29, 2015 10:06 PM
well now that someone mentioned parasyte,i need to go watch that now because i need some death parade in my life. I would definitely say that death parade was one of the few animes that I would desperately look forward to watching every week and now I don't have as much fun looking forward to fridays as I did when death parade was airing...It's music was great and I loved the animation style as well as the story, though it wasn't 10/10 filling. I would rate 9/10... But, overall, I loved death parade and the music is just catchy as heck.

Mar 29, 2015 10:06 PM
well now that someone mentioned parasyte,i need to go watch that now because i need some death parade in my life. I would definitely say that death parade was one of the few animes that I would desperately look forward to watching every week and now I don't have as much fun looking forward to fridays as I did when death parade was airing...It's music was great and I loved the animation style as well as the story, though it wasn't 10/10 filling. I would rate 9/10... But, overall, I loved death parade and the music is just catchy as heck.

Mar 29, 2015 10:24 PM

this episode got a tear from me
9/10 aots
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Mar 29, 2015 11:24 PM

Chiyuki's given a choice similar to Mayu's because Decim just wanted to understand humans.
Bye-bye Chiyuki! (T_T) Dat Decim smile. (^_^)

Four: Arbiters may not work hand in hand with life for that will ruin them.
Well, fuck you too, Oculus!

A 2nd season would be nice, but I don't know where they would pull that out from.
This is one of the anime I enjoyed the most this season!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.

Mar 30, 2015 4:27 AM

This anime was awesome. I loved it so much I ended up marathoning the whole thing in one night!

Seeing Decim smile warmed my heart...

I didn't notice that Chiyuki doll towards the end. Now I feel stupid.

Hey! They changed Chiyuki into a doll at the end of the OP. Nice touch.

Great ending. I loved this show and I will definitely be rewatching it eventually.

9/10 for the ending. 8.75/10 for the anime.

Mar 30, 2015 5:09 AM
The ending was kind of 'meh'.

Mar 30, 2015 12:51 PM
I agree with anyone else here... best anime :D

The emotions, feels, and the closure we have got is just too good.

My expectation for Chiyuki's arc is satisfied and I was caught on the moment when she is going to push the button but she did not and realized the bonds she had once and at the present.

About Ginti, I do now believe he did purposely sent her to the void just to be with him. The scene at this episode, Ginti is cleaning a wooden doll of her just to show that he 'cared' in his own way.

I was right about Oculus, he did nothing hahaha. He just wanted to point out Nona that Decim may be become to emotionally unstable that he may not able to judge properly but he was proven wrong. Oculus' intentions was real by him stating the 4th rule of their existence.

Overall, it ended well :)

Mar 30, 2015 3:06 PM

That was so beautiful, did not disappoint!! Idk why but this whole anime just resonated so much with me (and mother daughter relationships always get to me...)

But seriously was that chiyuki at the end?? No way! Second season now please!!!

Mar 30, 2015 5:39 PM

Wow that was ... a really good ending IMO. Obviously the big one is Chiyuki visiting her old home and having to listen to her mom say all that ... I suspected the "going back to life" thing was another test all along, but dang it was still sad to see her cry like that >_< Not to mention even Decim did ... cried and his eyes went clear for a bit huh? Pretty touching :S Then when they hugged ... aww :')
Other thing to talk about is what's going on with Nona and everyone else, especially considering how Oculus knows about everything ... and with those rules that they have. Maybe they'll explore this in a second season ...? :O
Anyway, sad to see Chiyuki go but so it goes. She got "reincarnated" after all! I'm glad they didn't make her and Decim a couple - they're good friends, and I love how they didn't feel forced to romance it up. He stays and continues judging as an arbiter ... but that smile! So sweet :3

Overall, man, I'm so glad I started watching this! Great characters, animation, music (theme songs SOOOO good), and I loved the episodic judgements as much as the "behind the scenes" episodes on how things really work. Didn't really get a conclusion on that front, but the ending was really well done IMO and this show was just super fun to watch. Probably the best one I've seen recently, or at least this season for sure! 9/10

Mar 30, 2015 9:39 PM

This turned out to be an amazing show! 9/10

Ginti is still a fucking cunt!
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!

Mar 30, 2015 10:55 PM
9/10. the episodic plot was gripping. While some of the characters could have benefited from a bit more fleshing out, they were all at least very believable (I know why you did it ginti, but screw you for doing it.) they ending wrapped up beautifully, and the minimal explanations helped create the unique atmosphere.

there's no need for a second season, but i would not object to one if it's handled with the same care as this one.
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.

Mar 31, 2015 3:20 AM

As expected, Nona is the one who unlock Decim's emotions. Pretty meh ending, 7/10 from me.
Keep on moving forward

Mar 31, 2015 7:00 AM
Meow~

Nice ending.

LOL at Decim's attempt to smile :D

Mar 31, 2015 8:56 AM

chakracat said:
Great ending to a great show.
Definitely anime of the season and it might also become the anime of the year.
Drake1000 said:
Moral of the story: don't kill yourself.
9/10, AOTS.

Amazing anime with an amazing ending. 9/10
Farabeuf said:
Madhouse has delivered some solid shows with Parasyte and now Death Parade. I look forward to see what they do next.

Yeah me too. Hope the next ones will be even better!

Mar 31, 2015 9:50 AM

what i don't understand is; why is she still sitting there in the room? does that mean she came back

Mar 31, 2015 11:05 AM

I started crying my eyes out when Chiyuki saw her mom call herself a failure as a mom T.T

I'd say this was a great episode full of feels. Cried the most in this episode out of all the anime this season.

silverwalls said:
and decim's smile though!!!

2 cute

I definitely agree with this too. ^^ I was happy that Chiyuki and Decim had a nice last moment together.

10/10 for me.

Mar 31, 2015 1:57 PM

Very satisfied with this ending and this series overall!

Loved the emotional scenes, the Music was used amazingly well imo.

Best show this season for me, although it lacked a bit of depth on some Points. 9/10, amazing.

Mar 31, 2015 2:07 PM
I would've liked to see a bit of an explanation as to why Chiyuki was the only person who arrived at Quindecim knowing that she died already. Also, why exactly is it constantly implied that Decim is the only one showing emotion, when in fact many of them seem to show emotion (Ginti gets angry, for instance)? Nonetheless, I liked the series and think it deserves a seven out of ten.

Mar 31, 2015 2:10 PM

oh gawd my feels.
Best anime of the season in my book, definitely.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)

Mar 31, 2015 2:15 PM

I cri everiyme :c

9/10

Mar 31, 2015 5:17 PM

9/10

very good series

Mar 31, 2015 10:02 PM

Bitter sweet ending.

The ending felt a bit like an open ended setup for a possible sequel. If they do make another 12 episode series I hope they do more about the arbiters and less episodes about judgements. Some of the judgements where very good but others where very meh.

I give this series a 8/10, the skating scene and the last episode where the highlight of the show.

Mar 31, 2015 11:17 PM

L-Ryoshi said:

Point 2.) Answering those questions would have made the show more enjoyable, because they threw in such a load of bullshit background information only to not even use it properly in the story.
Also, the whole purpose of this story was to tell viewers that the judgement system by emotionless dolls in the Death Parade world was flawed. To then NOT show what those flaws seem to be and to also NOT explain why those arbiters/dolls who work in the tower were created and why said dolls were elected to make choices over the reincarnation of a soul, and why said dolls should not carry emotions but then subsequently have the ability to develop and carry emotions, just makes this entire show contrived and pointless.

Consider this: If Arbiters and people working in the tower were emotionless dolls to begin with, then the person who set the emotionless arbiter rule should be able to tweak everyone who works at the tower to contain the characteristics that don't support, will not become curious about, and will not openly try to gain, emotions. They are all dolls. They should be programmed to have what you make them have. Granting them an unhealthy obsession for something that (a) they shouldn't have and (b) interferes with their line of work, just makes the entire story fold in on itself. Like, what sort of god would be stupid enough to set such a system up? Does that not mean that the Higher Powers in the Death Parade world are also flawed?

If you tease about some sort of system that is entirely central to the story and then not go on to explain (a) the system itself, (b) what exactly is the problem with the system, and (c) exactly why is it a bad thing, is all just piss poor writing and takes away from the purpose of making this show in the first place. The question would then be "If you don't answer questions about the most central idea in your world building (and no, I'm not talking about whether or not judgement should be made by dolls, I'm talking about who created the tower and why we are judged by emotionless, inhuman dolls and why is it such a bad thing), then why bother giving us all the mixed up background information at all?".

That's exactly why I said that they should either go all the way with building and explaining their world, or take that information out entirely.

Regarding who created the tower, the answer is "who cares?"
Seriously, that's just not relevant to the plot and knowing who created it changes nothing.

Regarding why the dolls where made so they could have "freedom" is, again, "who cares?"
Knowing why God wanted them to have "freedom" changes nothing. Dolls can question the rules and that's it, knowing why is not important.

Regarding everything else, it was clearly explained.
It was clearly stated what the flaws in the system where. Did you really watch the show?

The only contrived thing here is your way of thinking.
Modified by Mike_McFly, Mar 31, 2015 11:26 PM

Apr 1, 2015 5:41 AM

The last three episodes were absolutely amazing. I find the ending a bit too open though. Oculus ended up going absolutely nothing and I thought he was going to be the main antagonist.
7/10, would've been an 8/10 if the ending were more conclusive.

detectiveyoshi said:
what i don't understand is; why is she still sitting there in the room? does that mean she came back

I assume that was a doll made by Decim that he made to look like Chiyuki.

Apr 1, 2015 7:40 AM

another ok-ish season finale. I'd have preferred if there was no plot, just judgment though.
<--- Who Your Waifus Wished They Could Be --->

Apr 1, 2015 5:38 PM
8/10
awesome to see decim smiling ^^

Apr 1, 2015 5:42 PM

The ending was quite good.. I loved how Nona faced Oculus..
Decim was so sweet this episode.. ALMOST made me cry.. this ending should have a little more drama.. could have been great.
Chiyuki's ending was pretty nice tho.. 'her' last scene is amazing!!
I didn't liked the ending of Mayu and Harada.. this one was terrible.. too bad.. their story was so amazing but this ending.. just no.

Death Parade is a very good anime overall.. I'll give it 9/10

Apr 1, 2015 9:11 PM

7/10 a fun ride but it is not outstanding

the logic is hard to understand and i think it is nonsense

animation and art and the story is fun so it was ok...

Apr 2, 2015 12:30 AM

I really don't want a season 2. A show like this is better off with an open type ending. I still think that Death Billiards is better, but this show is still probably the best anime of this season. Great start, slow middle, and pretty good end.

Overall : 8/10.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."

Apr 2, 2015 1:12 AM

Weak ending.

✩ 調和 ✩ twitter ໒꒱˚ youtube
Lonely in Gorgeous
♡‧₊

Apr 2, 2015 3:19 AM
Well, the ending was nice......I like it~ For some reason, after episode 10, Chiyuki was out of character, in my opinion. I feel sorry for her parents, especially her mom. Crying Decim is what I liked. That smile ^^
This Anime really has good OSTs. Madhouse is really a good studio, but yeah, like I said, I would have enjoyed this Anime more if it was episodic. Different characters to be judged each episode. That's not repetitive at all.
Well, I still enjoyed this. Imma watch Death Billiards now. Thank you ^^

Apr 2, 2015 10:40 AM

Hmm was expecting a episodic show that focused on the overall observation of human nature or different kinds of humans/emotions/lifestyles you name it, and how they would react when faced at the "hands of the inevitable death".Instead we got this overarching story that got a bit to much focus.
Some things were over-explained ,others not so much.Quite a few questionable plot points as well.
Idk it could have probably worked better as a movie or maybe as a few more OVA episodes episodes alongside that first one,but that's just me.
Modified by amateur, Apr 2, 2015 10:46 AM

Apr 2, 2015 11:25 AM

So that doll showed in last scene of the music always have been the same person, Chiyuki-san... That's very nostalgic story.
The truth is everyone who let here his comment, let his opinion but not always all the things that person is feeling. Some prefer to keep it inside of them than share with everyone... I'm one of them. ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies

Apr 2, 2015 1:41 PM

I expected more... plot to be honest.
It felt like it was drifting off if you ask me. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
Started out so much better, I expected so much more argh~
Cream said:
Weak ending.

Yep.

7/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

Apr 3, 2015 3:52 AM
A very touching finale, and one of my most favorite anime shows. Madhouse is the best anime studio (in my opinion).

Apr 3, 2015 7:39 AM

Such forced emotion and characters acting OOC because there hadn't been any decent development that lead to that, it felt like they skipped a huge step and go straight to the end point. Terribly written series and ending was pretty open for no real reason.

Series did had a few good animated scenes, but that's far few in-between. The Chiyuki doll at the end was just creepy.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »