Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2015 11:31 PM

Nov 2012
I'm disappointed, and I'm not even one of the people who didn't like the series and all that stuff. They aren't going to explain how all the other arbiters clearly have emotions, and not just Decim? Why did that Ginti's cat leave, was she mad because of what he did? Is it meant to be a sign that he's paying for his sins? Or did he kill the cat or set it free because it reminded him of thoughts he hates? Why all the buildup of avoiding that dude finding out about Decim being tarnished by human stuff and him being treated like this dangerous mofo, if he wasn't going to do anything?
Jaywalker.
Mar 28, 2015 12:00 AM
Jul 2018
It wasn't as sad as I thought but damn that lift scene was painful. I didn't find the first half of the episode to be as sad though. Thought the ending was pretty ok. As much as I liked the show, I have to admit that the show was filled with many inconsistencies (Episode 2!), so I give it 7/10.
Mar 28, 2015 12:15 AM

Dec 2013
Jonesy974 said:
That was a nice episode. Knew it was coming, but it went well.

The scene with the fake house and everything was emotional, so was Decim getting his emotions.

The elevator scene was sad as fuck. It was so simple yet packed so much feels.

Love how Ginti was such a piece of shit that even his cat didn't want to be around him anymore. That was like the icing on the cake.

The whole Oculus v Nonna spat seemed kind of pointless though.

SinKira said:
Very touching finale 9/10.
I wish they showed more of Ginti's side though,

Why? He was a fucking atrocious character. I don't see how a show would be enjoyable when it would be centered around some fuckboi who makes biased bad judgments just because he hates humans. The piece of shit doesn't even like other arbiters.

Guarantee that if that nice old lady went to Ginti for judgment she'd be rotting in the void right now.

Lol that's exactly why I wanted to see more of him. Ginti was underdeveloped and barely had any screen time to make up for his shit.
I just wanted to see more of him to see If I can end up liking him or not

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 28, 2015 12:50 AM
Nov 2014
Very good ending I thought.

This show was solid but some of the stories are pretty meh and I'm not a big fan of the main characters.

Final Rating 7/10.

Well done Madhouse for making another great anime.
Mar 28, 2015 12:59 AM

Nov 2014
Epicenter said:
I'm disappointed, and I'm not even one of the people who didn't like the series and all that stuff. They aren't going to explain how all the other arbiters clearly have emotions, and not just Decim? Why did that Ginti's cat leave, was she mad because of what he did? Is it meant to be a sign that he's paying for his sins? Or did he kill the cat or set it free because it reminded him of thoughts he hates? Why all the buildup of avoiding that dude finding out about Decim being tarnished by human stuff and him being treated like this dangerous mofo, if he wasn't going to do anything?

All material for S2?
"Purtroppo non si può tornare nel passato, devi fartene una ragione. Anche se è stato il periodo più bello della nostra vita.. il passato è passato." (Eikichi Onizuka
Mar 28, 2015 1:24 AM

May 2013
Decim finally felt the human emotion, sorrow. I teared up a little when Chiyuki saw her mother.
Getting to live again just by pushing a single button. If everyone were given that choice, everyone just might push it. Chiyuki was different that she understood the despair of others if she takes a life for her own.
I'm glad that she's sent to be reincarnated. She deserves it. Props to Decim for making a dummy replica of Chiyuki.
Oculus was so elusive until he had to step in and ask Nona of Decim's status.
This is a great series. Very enjoyable to watch.
9/10
Mar 28, 2015 1:31 AM

Mar 2012
Absolutely enjoyed this series! I anticipated the new episode each week and they were all pretty unique in their own right.

Emotional episode with a pleasant conclusion to Chiyuki and Decim's relationship.
Mar 28, 2015 1:33 AM
Apr 2013
A beautiful ending to a beautiful series. 9/10, gonna miss the hell out of Chiyuki and seeing Decim smiling was incredibly heartwarming.

Wish they'd have kissed though...

HelghastKillzone said:
The dream is collapsing. So long, Death Parade.

10/10. It was ok.

Anime of the Season.

TIL that 10/10 equals "ok"
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoMar 28, 2015 1:37 AM
Mar 28, 2015 1:56 AM

Oct 2013
Lots of feels in this one, lots of questions left unanswered or is it made that way for us to arrive to a conclusion by ourselves?

Anyways, that was quite a ride, I enjoyed every bit of this series and kept waiting for this every week.

I'll give this one 8/10
Mar 28, 2015 2:02 AM
Feb 2013
For the last episode of Death Parade it was sad but.I wish it was a little better I give this series 8/10.
Mar 28, 2015 2:03 AM

Mar 2015
This last episode made me so upset! but in all the right ways c: I loved it! and Decim looks so cute when he smiles. Awesome anime, one of my favorites!
Mar 28, 2015 2:08 AM

Apr 2014
One of the best of the season definitely. 7/10
Mar 28, 2015 2:10 AM
Aug 2011
I feel like it ended prematurely, but the ending was pretty satisfying. I haven't watched Death Billiards so I am wondering how much more different it is from this season. (looking at the first few replies to this thread) Beautiful animation and great soundtrack. I don't buy much anime but I probably will buy this. Just disappointed it wasn't longer/ other story path wasn't fleshed out. 8/10
Mar 28, 2015 2:15 AM

Aug 2008
Gotta love how they ended it, leaving you wanting for more and with enough flags and unresolved stuff to make more future installments... If so, I wonder if Decim will remain the focus? He's is the only known irregular with human emotions, but who knows...
Mar 28, 2015 2:52 AM

Feb 2014
I enjoyed this anime quite a lot especially the ED by NoisyCell. The feels train came through hard in the last episode. 9/10
Mar 28, 2015 3:06 AM

Aug 2013
The finale made me cry so hard omg
It's actually been several hours since I finished it and I'm still tearing up
9/10 thank you so much Madhouse for giving Death Billiards the show it truely deserved
wow gay
Mar 28, 2015 3:08 AM

Feb 2014
Chiyuki got reincarnated, that's great, but I was really sad because of Decim. At least he has a doll and the little puppets of Chavvo and the little boy.

Nona was great standing up to Oculus.
Mar 28, 2015 3:19 AM

Nov 2012
One of the best series of this season! Too good!

9.5/10

Since MAL doesn't approve decimal ratings, I have to give it a 9/10
Mar 28, 2015 3:39 AM

Oct 2013
I wasn't really feel good about chiyuki when she asked decim to press it for her. she tried to make him helped her to get a new life. that, to me, was very selfish. Although I thought she gave up, in the end, humans are selfish.
Mar 28, 2015 3:40 AM

Jun 2014
Madhouse did it again gave us another amazing show!
Anime of the season!
The story was amazing and sad!
The animation was great expected from Madhouse!
The Opening and Ending was great!!
I r8 it 9/10! Great anime!!
Mar 28, 2015 4:10 AM

Jul 2012
such a strong ending, but i can see that some things were left open-ended for future possibilities
i was really taken with this anime.
it didn't disappoint me whatsoever, and was such a stand out.
everything this anime did was so up my alley and i likely won't be forgetting it
9/10
Mar 28, 2015 4:56 AM

Jan 2015
Avok said:
Thinking of a 7, but giving it 8/10 for the time being.

On a side note, wow, people love the extremes...
Mar 28, 2015 5:00 AM

Oct 2011
Holy crap I woke up it went from 127 to now 91.

Overall the ending was a 9/10 and the show overall is a 8/10.
Mar 28, 2015 5:27 AM

Sep 2010
Good stuff... Ending was well done too... But still there are questions unanswered...

Finale - 4/5
Series - 7/10
Mar 28, 2015 5:29 AM

Jan 2012
8/10 , was well executed though I would have preferred a better explanation of the whole arbiters and the whole afterlife world.

I would like a second season very much.
Mar 28, 2015 5:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Meh, too much drama, not enough explanations

I was unsure if I would give this a 7 or an 8 but I guess it'll have to remain a 7 with that finale
Mar 28, 2015 6:00 AM
Nov 2014
Awesome anime, great ending!
Mar 28, 2015 6:12 AM

Apr 2014
great anime
i give it 9/10
Mar 28, 2015 6:14 AM

Feb 2014
Although some questions do remain unanswered, this episode wrapped up Death Parade very nicely.

Seeing Decim with those tears & emotions was really shocking and got me shedding a few tears of my own too.

Chiyuki made the right choice though before she had her breakdown. Although she wanted to come back to life so that she could be with her parents again and make up for the pain that effected her family after her suicide, but in equivalent exchange, someone else would have to lose their life, causing a lot of emotional heartbreak & pain for friends & family involved with that other person. It would be selfish if Chiyuki did press the button.

All in all, I'm glad that she'll be reincarnated.

Overall, a 9/10. Decim's smile at the end was fantastic! =D
Mar 28, 2015 6:20 AM

Mar 2015
Couldn't help but cry because of all the crying.

The episode itself was great, but for a finale it felt a bit lacking ... perhaps because there's going to be a Season 2? (I haven't read up on that. If there actually is going to be a Season 2, kindly forgive my ignorance.)

I have to admit, from the start I've always sort of expected something different to happen for the ending, perhaps Decim quitting judgment, postponing judgment or the arbiters letting Onna live or something. Well, I suppose she would be too lucky if that actually happened. It just felt a little anticlimatic for me, like the finale was pretty much parallel to the pilot, but I suppose that's the essence of the show. Besides, the ideas I mentioned only happen in teen novels, so, eh.

Regardless, it was a great episode and overall a great show. Worth the watch, definitely.

(Irrelevant but I have a huge crush on Decim.)
"Panicking leads to an early grave." - Esdeath, Akame ga Kill

Mar 28, 2015 7:17 AM

Jan 2013
Well, one with a certain concept of afterlife could like this series, but unfortunately that's not the case for me. At least OP was super cool, I'll give it that.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Mar 28, 2015 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed this anime very much, I don't really agree with the judging based on 1 scenario rule but it was very enjoyable to see. Decim breaking down like that was a surprise, I never thought that he will. I would really like a second season but I'm afraid it'll get ruined.

Decim smiling and doll Chiyuki holding the chavvo dolls were a really nice touch.

Hexacosichoron said:
Dude dude dude, did Chiyuki just become an arbiter? When the three girls were talking they said something along "the old man is having his eye on HER"

Didn't they mean that he's keeping a closer eye on Nona now? so she can't experiment again?
Mar 28, 2015 7:58 AM

Sep 2014
A really satisfying conclusion to a great Anime. I was on the verge of tears at the end. Lovely Anime, 8/10.
Mar 28, 2015 8:01 AM

Aug 2010
Cried a lot from this episode. Tears just came out by themselves. I guess it because it felt as if I was watching real people crying.

Seeing Decim finally smile was satisfying to see.

Definitely the best show from winter 2015 IMO.

Overall 8/10
Mar 28, 2015 8:01 AM

Dec 2014
5/5 speechless
Mar 28, 2015 8:08 AM

Nov 2012
Very good anime, 8.5/10. Hope for a second season...
Mar 28, 2015 8:12 AM

Dec 2013
I actually loved this serie but they left a lot to say about some characters in my opinion, so I hope for a second season! And it was wow watching Decim crying and smiling in this last episode, so many feels!
Mar 28, 2015 8:19 AM

Jan 2014
This episode was really a masterpiece

I was moved to tears easily
such sad scenes and those feelings...truly a great work
hands down mad house

my rate for this show 9/10
I really hope for another season
Mar 28, 2015 8:19 AM

Dec 2014
Beatuful episode, ending and anime in general. Best anime for the 1st quarter of 2015.
Mar 28, 2015 8:22 AM
Jan 2015
Personally disliked the ending because it felt so rushed. Maybe it would have been better if this episode was broken into two episodes instead and if the whole thing between Nona and Occulus actually led somewhere but as it is the finale was bit of a let down. Overall I would have to rate this anime a 5/10 because early episodes really did show potential but poor handling of the main plot made the anime melodramatic and a bit cringe worthy.
Do I want a second season? Maybe. Like I said, I loved the premise of the show and I adored the first few episodes. The biggest mistake I felt Death Parade made was trying to shoehorn a huge overlying plot into the mix when they had such a limited amount of episodes to work with. Maybe a second season would give the show a chance to actually elaborate on the main plot if that truly was the direction they really wanted to head in. I would really love to give this show a chance to redeem itself but as it stands I don't think a second season is likely.
Mar 28, 2015 8:44 AM

Aug 2013
Amazing episode, that intense episode, full of sentimentality and many emotions shown to the spectator, I can say that was one of the best finals I've ever seen, Decim showing a human side and Chiyuki up feeling performed after death, it was quite exciting

I really enjoyed the animation, the characters are awesome, the plot came out fairly of the common and surprised me a lot at times, and the development was great, finished of way amazing in my opinion

Ends not only one of the best anime of the season, as certainly also will be one of the best of the year, the plot can develop further, I would very much like to have a second season as well, I recommend this anime to all, very worth it watch it ..
Mar 28, 2015 8:46 AM

Oct 2011
silverwalls said:
d

2 cute

THIS.
THIS.
Let me continue fangirling a little more here :B
aikaflip said:
A decent ending for what was otherwise an excellent show.

Decim's breakdown was a little over the top. It looked like he was having a heart attack.

Oculus' mind-reading flower beard tentacle made my eyes roll.

I wanted Onna to be reborn, but I was hoping it would be done in a more dramatic way. The simple "bye bye" was underwhelming, but not bad.

With that said, I liked the quiet moment Decim and Onna shared as the elevator closed.

4/5 for the episode

8/10 overall

I need to agree with everything. I really liked this show, but some things were really off :T
And we probably won't have another season to explain some things
BUT now I'm fangirling about one more character. Great -_-
Mar 28, 2015 9:02 AM
Sep 2009
6/10
Mar 28, 2015 9:51 AM

Mar 2012
Good, not as impressive as I was expecting for a sequel of Death Billiards though. 8/10.
Mar 28, 2015 10:04 AM

Sep 2012
kania_tan said:
DoctorWasabi said:
When Decim smiled when he sent her off, I started crying so hard :( This is by far the Best anime of 2015

9/10

^

Where is your signature from? It looks very familiar, but I can't pinpoint what it's from...

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Mar 28, 2015 10:07 AM
May 2011
I don't usually cry in animes, I tend to get the feels sometimes, but when Chiyuki was deciding whether she wanted to press the button or not, that scene made me cry.
I love the psychological genre, and although a surprisingly lot of people didn't seem to like this, (or even enjoy it, what??) it will go in my book as one of the most memorable, enjoyable and fulfilling animes I've ever seen.
I also don't understand why people are saying death billiards was better. It could very easily be placed in death parade, and I had tons of questions towards the ending of death billiards than I had with death parade. Death parade was fulfilling. Anyway that reminds me of the old woman whose cards had the husband in death billiards on it :) That was nice
MarkusEAMar 28, 2015 10:12 AM

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Mar 28, 2015 10:11 AM

Jan 2015
Omg, this episode was sooo beautiful. It hit me right in dem feels. I actually started sobbing and crying like a little baby at Chiyuki and Decims depart. Decim actually SMILED and CRIED in this episode. I ASOLUTELY LOVED this series and it's getting a 10/10 from me. I hate to see this anime go, but it was one hell of a crazy ride.
DEATH PARADE FOR LIFE XD
Mar 28, 2015 10:18 AM

Dec 2013
unluckystraydog said:
VirtualStar said:
Trying to derive some meaning from the whole show, I can't come up with something of substance
The quickest thing that arises to mind is judging others, even when magical arbiters get their whole memories, it still feels unfair due to them living different perspectives, let alone two beings who have difficult (due to being human) to understand each other
What supported my thought was the book Chiyuki liked as a child, I forgot the name, but a girl who couldn't hear a boy couldn't possibly understand him, the only way she could understand the boy was through his smile - which is an expression of emotion and is something arbiters lack. Trying to stick all the pieces together I still don't see anything of substance specially considering the 4 key rules surrounding arbiters:
- Arbiters cannot quit making judgements, for that is the reason why they exist (seem to be pretty straightforward putting in the sense of human interaction)
- Arbiters cannot experience death, for that would bring them too close to being human
- Arbiters cannot feel emotion, for they are dummies
- Arbiters may not work hand in hand with life, for that will ruin them

The anime certainly has some artistic value, but it isn't enough to cover its weak presentation and (in my opinion) cloudy thematic. And like someone else mentioned, the parts that require the characters to show emotion are atrociously done and feel terribly artificial, while the scenes that require otherwise have the opposite, ironically. 6/10 for the artistic value alone

Yeah this is basically my feelings. Death Parade is a show that's acting like it has something really important to say but it never actually says it. Even the don't judge others message is kinda torpedoed by the plot. They keep telling us how wrong the whole system is but nothing actually happens to change it. And madhouse doesn't usually do second seasons right? So it's not like they're just leaving room for a sequel... I don't know, I certainly enjoyed watching each individual episode, but considering it on the whole, it's just missing something.

So glad that there are some people who actually realize the flaws with this show instead of riding the hype train.

Despite the serious psychological atmosphere that they tried to make a staple of the entire show, the writing for anything outside of the episodic arbitrations were to say the least pointless, contrived and a complete waste of time.

You guys are also correct in that they missed the mark with trying to present some deep message in the guise of this anime. Truth be told, even I was unable to find a coherent lesson to be learned from this show. All I see are people crying or getting angry about the shit they'd done throughout their lives that led them to their eventual deaths, and some people regretting it, whilst others resignedly accepting their fate in the end. The only death I appreciated was the old granny Mangaka in the last episode who felt that she'd regretted nothing from her life, and yet her's wasn't something that all of us could relate to. Was there an actual message to be derived from this show? I don't think so.

Then what was the purpose of the show? And why is the entire premises so contrived? We have a system of some sort of doll-house tower that was created by some higher power to judge human souls and to either send them back as reincarnated beings, or to throw them into the pits of the void/hell. Who was the one responsible for making this tower? Why is the tower so flawed in that it is run by dolls? Who created the four arbitrary rules regarding those Arbitrators, and why are they necessary? Was it something set up by God? Why are emotionless dolls who have never experienced death used to judge the lives of the living? Was it because they'd previously tried a system run by humans that had experience with death, who let their emotions cloud their judgments?

Then.... considering the fact that Nona, Occulus and all the people working at the building are all dolls with no concept of emotion, what made Nona so special that she would develop an unhealthy obsession of emotions, enough to go against her own design and implant emotions into the likes of Decim and Ginti? To be perfectly honest, the entire premises made no sense at all.

Then they mention bits and pieces of information like how certain arbitrators are allowed to judge murderers, and that the human race is dying at an unnaturally fast rate of 7,000 per hour, and also that the memories are all compiled into works of abstract art, but can be immediately uploaded to arbitrators memories upon request..... basically NONE of these concepts were really explored at all throughout the entire show. So why bother even mentioning them in the first place????

Being perfectly honest, I enjoyed the weekly "Judgement of the day" episodes, but when they tried to present some "bigger picture", Madhouse failed hard. Going by the weekly Judgement episodes, they probably could have made this a masterpiece, but because they chose to add in a whole host of inexplicable and ultimately unexplained stuff, my own judgement of this show gets bumped down.

I was excited when they started to explain how the DP world works, and what made Nona start her small revolution against Occulus and the higher powers, but I guess the entire concept was too big for them and they ultimately gave up. In the end, nothing of consequence was really explained.

I won't say this show was a disappointment, but in the end it wasn't the masterpiece that I see some of you going on about, certainly not AOTY material.

7/10 and not a point higher. I get the feeling if they had properly explained everything or had left the back/side story out entirely, then the show would have been so much more.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 28, 2015 10:18 AM

Apr 2011
Loved this series. Great ending.
9/10
Mar 28, 2015 10:30 AM
Apr 2014
oh man don't do that to me in the final episode. even though it was the "happy end" it was still sad as fuck :(
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

838 by sxrpente »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

521 by Seraschi »»
Apr 1, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

596 by oDaw1 »»
Mar 25, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2015

674 by Listone »»
Mar 24, 6:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.