Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 30, 2015 6:12 AM

Feb 2014
The worst show of this season
Mar 30, 2015 7:38 AM

Feb 2013
Never again soo bad
Mar 31, 2015 8:21 AM

Sep 2013
7/10 atleast I wasn't bored to death unlike mushishi, death parade etc...
Mar 31, 2015 7:46 PM

May 2013
Gave it a generous 6 just because of the Tamako and thats probably it...

MC is like wtf instead of just cutting dem head off with dem sword he frigin punches her off and then trying to stab her hes shitting hes pants... Not to mention that idiotic censorship for severed limbs.. Reminds me of Terra Formars tho used something better than paint for censoring it.

This is probably worst anime of this season... Studio which was responsible for making this adaption should make staff meeting, bring bunch of cyanide pills or anything else inta-kill and consume it would save time and help other studios make money which atleast would give a shit about existing material unlike this "studio screw material"...
GildedMar 31, 2015 7:49 PM
Apr 1, 2015 3:00 AM
Jul 2012
Holy shit, it's finally over. So much wasted potential and character development. Not sure I've ever seen an anime where the main male lead does not get ANY development for a whole season. He was still just as weak and useless (barring his "eye of truth" power (it doesn't even have anything to do with his eyes!), which is something he just has the whole time that never gets stronger or does anything to help his actual fighting style) as he was episode one. Wow. Good job Isuca, showing me something new.

Oh sure it's ok! Let's have a deep heart to heart conversation in a goddamn burning building! Super safe right? We don't even need to worry about fumes!

Long haired Tamako is super win and sexy though, need moar plz.

Also evil Isuca for best villain and most psychotic of the season. I'd actually be interested in a second season (that should never come) just to see her clones rek shit all sadistically. More Tamako is good too. Or maybe I'd watch it to see if it could show me a whole other level of bad. But that's ALL I'd watch it for.... ok and maybe another good ED by Two-Formula. But that's it though.

But really though, it's mediocre, to poor, to bad anime like this, that I wish MAL would give us a custom rating slot in the rating section for.

This gets from me a Tamako/10.
No I don't read manga. Why? Because according to MAL manga readers, all anime is either: too rushed, too slow, anime original, or a terrible adaption. I like to enjoy anime for what it is, anime.
Apr 1, 2015 3:31 AM

Jan 2009
I'm very glad this ended, finally the butchering of a good story ends.
Apr 1, 2015 11:19 AM

May 2012
7/10

THe anime was not bad at all. I don't know why people hating it too much. I like to see a 2nd season because I like to know more about isuca and her father.

If anyone know anything about the father and isuca then please spoil it for me because I don't read manga
Apr 1, 2015 12:56 PM

Jul 2010
Best villain ever.
I'm just glad this is over, they can't even do kisses right.
Apr 1, 2015 4:46 PM

Jul 2009
Wow it's finally over ... so that final episode was pretty disappointing. Even the "big battle". I mean OK first of all, WHY ARE YOU HAVING A HEART TO HEART IN THE MIDDLE OF A BURNING BUILDING?! Please ... well then you finally defeat her and she turns out to be a puppet made by Sakuya's father (we assume) ... which doesn't solve anything because he's got loads more ... and well, Sakuya and Shinichirou are all happy couple-y now ... doesn't really solve anything does it?

Yeah so overall ... this was a pretty bad series. Animation wasn't great, characters were mostly super annoying, and we didn't really find out anything with regards to the plot regarding Sakuya's father or the Shimazu head competition, and TBH I didn't really like any of the themes either. Not to mention the cringeworthy fanservice (which was really badly done). I'll admit that it was fairly easy to watch (if a little brainless) and at least I didn't HATE it ... and there were SOME good episodes at least ... yeah, 5/10 for me :S
Apr 2, 2015 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
As I expected, questions weren't answered.
This episode ask/screams for a second season (10 episodes are rarely enough). My only question: "Was this show successful enough for a second season?". I guess we'll have to wait. My final score: 6/10.
Apr 3, 2015 3:33 AM

May 2009
This is 2/10 for whole and WAotS.
Apr 4, 2015 8:15 AM

Apr 2011
Average ending, average series.

Only Suseri and Tamako kept me from dropping this show till the end. Not worth watching even if uncensored gets released.
Apr 4, 2015 6:43 PM

Dec 2013
So many haters and I just don't understand why, it's not like this was some kind of masterpiece but it wasn't nearly as bad as all of these comments suggest. I gave it a 7 out of 10.

Sure, it's full of cliches and uses most if not all of the traditional ecchi tropes before all is said and done. There's really no denying that, the problem- so is every single freaking ecchi anime ever made. There is no such thing as true originality anymore, everything has been done and will continue to be done over and over again. So, if you judge it based on cliches and tropes you'll never find anything that lives up to your standards.

Now, I realize all of this is just my opinion and I'm not trying to change your opinion, really. So, hate it all you want. Disagree with me all you want. Fact is, when you look at it for what it is without the bias of having read the source material, without the bias of expecting an ecchi series that doesn't contain the same old tropes and cliches, it's not that bad.

I would watch a second season. I doubt there will be one, but if there is I will be watching.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 4, 2015 11:33 PM
Nov 2010
The anime was nothing special.
Apr 6, 2015 4:26 AM
Oct 2011
Not a bad anime but generic as fuck. Would've been better with more intense(Tamako-style) kisses and harem elements. Imagine Sakuya and Suseri having a competition who pleases Shinichirou the most and then Tamako jumping on him fully naked. That's the kind of stuff this anime really needed IMO.
Apr 6, 2015 11:53 AM

Jan 2015
I dropped this after 3 min. of the first episode, probably the best choice
Apr 8, 2015 11:40 AM

Oct 2008
I am glad that this Abomination is over!
1/10.

Apr 11, 2015 4:59 AM

Jan 2011
Falling from the sky... no problem. But falling off the roof of the mansion is instant death. Logic. She didn't even need Shinichirou to break her fall.

Is that stew frozen solid?! The spoon is totally resting on it.

Overall, I really didn't like the main characters. It was painful to watch their interactions most of the time. Action was okay but that's about it.

5/10 only cos of Tamako and Suseri.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Apr 12, 2015 11:10 AM

Mar 2008
06/10 but bad final!
Apr 30, 2015 4:47 PM

May 2012
Solid ending I must say, while a bit weak in various aspects it was still pretty enjoyable to watch especially the start and ending! It did end quite open but in general it was lovely!
May 21, 2015 7:11 AM

Jun 2011
Worst anime of the season? This is easily the worst of the year, maybe even decade. And yes, it's worse than both Glasslip and Pupa combined. Never have I been so glad to be done with a series. 0/10
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 31, 2015 8:00 AM
May 2012
Too much nonsense and too much cliche. Worst anime I've ever seen so far.

2/10
Jun 13, 2015 9:21 AM

Jun 2012
Not the best out there. Kind of cliched plot (reminded me of Rental Magica at places). 5/10 anyway. Btw, Ayumi Fujimura's laughs are hysteric!

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Jun 13, 2015 9:24 AM

Apr 2014
the over exaggeration in this forum is crazy
Jul 6, 2015 9:09 PM
Mar 2012
a Pity 4/10
Jul 15, 2015 8:41 PM
Jul 2015
I'd give this anime a 7.5/10. I'd love to see a season 2 with more than 10 episodes. Is there enough manga for another season?
Aug 18, 2015 1:40 AM

Jan 2011
Doesn't matter how much manga is left, they've screwed the story up...

Do yourself a favour and read it instead since it is pretty much a different story. Worst part of the adaptation: the gratuitous gore that they added--none of which was in the manga.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 15, 2015 12:30 AM

Nov 2007
Wasn't terrible. Just felt meh status...doubt they'll make a 2nd season since this one was only 10 episodes worth.
Sep 29, 2015 2:19 AM

Dec 2008
bah...barely a 5/10....if not for some tits...this would have been far worse...luckily theres a fast forward button
Oct 5, 2015 8:57 PM
Oct 2015
ok.. i was expecting more of shinichiro.... yeah got the sword but he didnt get offensive at all.
Oct 6, 2015 11:29 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
eyy.

7/10 to the anime.

Very straightforward and cliche. Great art and animation, did fit well. Good fanservice (sexual & gore)

It excels at what it is. Simple, straightforward and fanservice.

My only complaints would be that main male lead was just an energy ban and 2nd complain would be that some breast reveals(disrobes) made no sense.
Oct 6, 2015 11:31 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
ToG25thBaam said:
Worst anime of the season? This is easily the worst of the year, maybe even decade. And yes, it's worse than both Glasslip and Pupa combined. Never have I been so glad to be done with a series. 0/10

haven't seen glasslip, but PuPa was great (just needs a sequel for some explanation) and Isuca was simple, straightforward, cliched and fanservice anime, Did well for what was it aim.
Feb 5, 2016 7:28 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
6/10 because I liked Suseri and Tamako. Even the Lightening Beast of Suseri's was better liked than the two MC's. Now for sticking through 10 episodes, I am having a reward doughnut!
Sep 10, 2016 8:27 PM

Jun 2013
Initially it had some potential but the weak plot and boring characters ruined it. I didn't mind the fanservice. The useless MC was just a plot device and the main heroine was like a spoiled brat. However, I kinda felt bad for Suseri for them Sakuya considering how she had no free will and was nothing but a puppet for her mother. Overall 5/10
Jan 23, 2017 3:35 PM

Aug 2015
Final score: 2/10

Already I congratulate all those who finished the series. ^^

Overall, I didn't like it and the overall story was very confusing and spoiled by the fan service ecchi very present throughout the series.
This is a shame because there was some potential in the relationship between the characters (Suseri and Sakuya or Sakuya x Shinichiro) and could have been developed instead of wasting time in the useless and stupid ecchi.

The main antagonist of the story is very cliché (ie Isuca?) And deserved more development also.

The animation is generally bad ... many badly drawn heads (especially Shinichiro because of his commonless appearence, we observed many variations xD)

The soundtrack is the only thing that saves a little this badly-organized series.
Aug 4, 2017 5:03 PM

Sep 2015
3/10 Its too cliche and wont ever watch again
Oct 4, 2017 9:49 AM

Aug 2009
Another flat-chested midget tsundere as main girl. Oh...
WizarD-XOct 4, 2017 2:46 PM
Pupupupu~
Dec 9, 2017 6:08 AM
Mar 2016
It started pretty okay but went off the rails fast. It was just a cluster fuck of ideas with really bad pacing.

The main issue I have is the fact we have no idea about Snake Ring dudes motives. We don't actually know if he's her dad. I mean it's HEAVILY implied but even when Sakuya was a kid she didn't notice it was him giving her the toy.

We don't know what happened to her mother and father, why he would turn traitor and ditch his daughter, why he's trying to have her killed by what's obviously clones of her and why the hell the family hasn't figured it out yet.

It was all over the place in terms of story. It was completely rushed in some parts to the point where a lot of things were just so out of place. Such a disappointing series in all. A great concept but very poorly executed.

Ohh and one last thing.. he only learns the name of 3 demons and 2 exorcists? Like he's meant to have this super rare power and literally does fuck all with it. This series just makes me angry because so many good ideas were wasted for fan service. I like fan service but even I got tired of it by the end and only finished the series out of obligation. 5/10 for me. Not the worst but not exactly good either.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2019 7:33 AM

Jan 2018
7/10 Just because of Tamako . I can't help , she's perfect .
I didn't like the ending very much . Not a bad anime overall . I've seen worse .
Jun 13, 2019 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
Damn, this show was really bad. I mean it was just so bland, the characters had no depth and the story was just copy/paste of other shows with a dense protagonist. Female lead was also almost Luise-level hof horrible. 2/10
Aug 28, 2020 3:08 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, thats it, then! A happy end for both of that an unsatisfied duo MC. Its not a surprised matter anymore. Its really understandable with how its clicheness always beyond the limit.

At least Tamako returned her true form. That thing was an absolute miracle on this painful show, really. Also, her lewd kissed too, and her full nude. Heck yeah! I am even thinking that for almost duration it had, the best scenes were always on her screen time. Glad that happened. Its because the duo MC were so sucked that i am not even noticed any touchable moments they had on that burnt house. Its not even a proper confession, tho. Idk why she was so happy with that shitty male boring MC. Lmao. Again. Whatever.

I felt sorry for Suseri too. There was no chance at all of her on the cliche MC. Its like her reason of getting Shiro should be done without that awful male MC. However, since i know the direction to balance a good amount of a nice story telling was so bad, i can't complain about it anymore.

Its time for the scoring procedures, eh? I might be silly. But i really love their soundtrack in both of ending and opening. The art and animation were in a decent level in general. The design of the girls somehow felt generic. But the effort for making an ecchiness made me believed that this show somehow have a potential. However, since this is just a fuckin flash serialization. There were so much stupid forced plot that happened everywhere. The direction over some parts were so ridiculous. The cut scenes for the opening and the closing were all so bad. In general, i shall considering myself to give the show at 4.

However, since i am attached so much with Tamako. I might give a bit of my personal increasing points for this miserable show. How much? Plus 1 for the sake of Tamako cuteness. Plus 1 point too for the sake of a decent songs and arts. Once again, its just my pure soul opinion of judgement. If you stay true for hating the show, a 4 shall be closed for this shit. However, yeah, its too low. I shall consider my liking genre. So, yeah, whatever happened, 6/10 for this show.

Thats it.
And, sayonara! I Never missed this obviously!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isuca Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2015

34 by gannoncannon55 »»
60 minutes ago

Poll: » Isuca Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2015

42 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 17, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

65 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 16, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

58 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 14, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.