Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion

Oct 17, 2017 2:46 PM

Of course Hide always knew Kaneki was the Eye Patch, but Kaneki didn’t realise he knew, awww.

Hide collapsed in Kaneki’s arms because he also suffered a bad wound in the battle field!!! Oh no! I says on Wikipedia he died, but did he really? although I suppose that would explain Kaneki covering him up initially. Hmmm ...

But I thought he was trying to take him to the CCG hoping they could help him so he wouldn’t die.

Poor Touka found out Anteiku was burning down, but Kaneki and Hide were still inside and came out but she got told not to follow him for her own protection by Yomo fulfilling his last promise to Yoshimura, awww.

Kaneki taking the body and crying in the snow to the CCG with Arima waiting was a sad scene to bear witness to.

I think maybe a better end would have been just hearing his footsteps and the screen fading to black before seeing Arima though.

Touka post credits had opened up her own new cafe it seems, for next season I guess which will hopefully be soon and she looked older and different. Better I think.

I can’t wait to see next season and see what happens! <3

I loved both seasons a lot <3

Oct 26, 2017 7:23 AM
Anteiku lost Yoshimura-san.
Juuzou lost Shinohara-san.
Takizawa's mother lost her son.
Akira-san lost Amon-san.
And...Ken lost Hide.
Everybody lost their important people.

Oct 27, 2017 4:28 PM

Excuse me? Did I miss some important EP or is this really the ending? So many unresolved questions and they decided to waste it on walking. This is offensive. The begininig of the Ep with hallucinations and small-talk with Hide was enough. What the hell happened with everybody else? It is better to show some cartboard character with overused design and no development at all? Damn Arima was totally useless in this anime, what a wase.

This season was stupid beyond redemption. First EP was not bad but then...
-They used some CCG gas when the ghoul prison was attacked. Why did not they use it during Anteiku raid?
-Why the hell they started facing owl without this Arima guy? This is the biggest stupidity I have seen in this anime.
-Where the hell is this ugly prisoner that fought Ken? He was never mentioned again, not even by his name? He was strong enough to push Ken through fucking walls. He should destroy his clink and go home. WTF!
-Why, just why, one button is enough to open all the ghoul`s clinks? And I won`t even start about why they decided to leave ghouls with their powers?
-Did they really imply that there was no objection against including Juuzou in a strict military unit? Because Shinohara said so? AFAIR he was not the boss of the organisation.
-Arata was quite a nice weapon and big improvement, should not Amon get one? Would be smart.
-All this build-up to Kaneki`s craziness and madness, but nothing happened? Eto said something like "almost there". Then nothing happened.
-All the missing plot points like twins, Amon, CCG after Raid and so on.

This episode is 1/10. It is insulting to the viewer.
Shit season, the only good parts were EP 1,9,10,11. Worst were parts in the Cochlea - absolutely insulting.

Oct 27, 2017 5:54 PM

tearofmankind said:
Excuse me? Did I miss some important EP or is this really the ending? So many unresolved questions and they decided to waste it on walking. This is offensive. The begininig of the Ep with hallucinations and small-talk with Hide was enough. What the hell happened with everybody else? It is better to show some cartboard character with overused design and no development at all? Damn Arima was totally useless in this anime, what a wase.

-They used some CCG gas when the ghoul prison was attacked. Why did not they use it during Anteiku raid?
-Why the hell they started facing owl without this Arima guy? This is the biggest stupidity I have seen in this anime.
-Where the hell is this ugly prisoner that fought Ken? He was never mentioned again, not even by his name? He was strong enough to push Ken through fucking walls. He should destroy his clink and go home. WTF!
-Why, just why, one button is enough to open all the ghoul`s clinks? And I won`t even start about why they decided to leave ghouls with their powers?
-Did they really imply that there was no objection against including Juuzou in a strict military unit? Because Shinohara said so? AFAIR he was not the boss of the organisation.
-Arata was quite a nice weapon and big improvement, should not Amon get one? Would be smart.
-All this build-up to Kaneki`s craziness and madness, but nothing happened? Eto said something like "almost there". Then nothing happened.

Shit season, the only good parts were EP 1,9,10,11. Worst were parts in the Cochlea - absolutely insulting.

I would recommend reading the manga This is complete garbage and they butchered the story and characters (especially in the second season).

Oct 28, 2017 9:08 AM
There are so many unanswered questions still.... Is it worth it to read the Manga (my instinct says yes) to find out 1. Who the heck are the Aogiri? Are they just some terrorist group or do they have an actual purpose? 2. Who are the people turning humans into ghouls? And why? (Kaneki, the twins) 3. Who the neck is Arima and how did he get so strong? 4. How did Kaneki die? What was the point of him getting stronger if he wasn't even able to protect his friends? So many more other questions.

Oct 28, 2017 9:08 AM
There are so many unanswered questions still.... Is it worth it to read the Manga (my instinct says yes) to find out 1. Who the heck are the Aogiri? Are they just some terrorist group or do they have an actual purpose? 2. Who are the people turning humans into ghouls? And why? (Kaneki, the twins) 3. Who the neck is Arima and how did he get so strong? 4. How did Kaneki die? What was the point of him getting stronger if he wasn't even able to protect his friends? So many more other questions.

Oct 29, 2017 4:26 PM

Aardwolf94 said:
tearofmankind said:

I would recommend reading the manga This is complete garbage and they butchered the story and characters (especially in the second season).

I definitely would but this left bad taste in my mouth.

Oct 29, 2017 4:32 PM

tearofmankind said:
Aardwolf94 said:

I definitely would but this left bad taste in my mouth.

Very understandable. Give it a few months or a year and then read it. Its definitely worth it

Nov 1, 2017 8:17 PM
That last scene though. 1 single shot naturally lasting for 2 minutes! That's something that almost no director in this world can do, and as well as they did it in this episode. That single shot almost nullifies the flaws with this season

Nov 3, 2017 10:01 PM
shittest anime ending i have ever seen
what actually is a signature?

Dec 23, 2017 6:37 PM

Okay! Question time-

Like what happened to Amon? Is he dead? Did he just lose an arm?

I know nothing next to nothing about Aogiri yet, the twins, the prisoner dude from Cochlea.

What happened to Kaneki at the end? Did Arima kill him? Who the fuck is Arima supposed to be anyway?

What is Eto's purpose/goals? What was the point of her interviewing Shinohara a couple episodes back? Isn't it her fault that the raid on Anteiku even happened?

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Jan 19, 2018 8:13 AM
Disclaimer: I went into Tokyo Ghoul without touching the manga, so a lot of things did not make sense to me.

Root A reminds me of the Berserk 2016 anime where the producers assumed that everyone who watched it read the manga first, so instead of showing the anime in a way that would make sense to the viewer, they just powered through a checklist of events in the manga, resulting in a haphazard presentation. And I knew, because I actually read Berserk's manga.

The earliest indication of this "checklist syndrome" is the flashback with Arima fighting the Owl. I was thinking "Who the heck is Arima?". As the anime progressed, I noticed a massive influx of characters just thrown into the mix, both ghouls and Doves, and I knew there won't be enough time to get acquainted with all of them.

Gonna the rate the plot low, but the combat scenes were pretty well-animated, I'll give it that, especially the Owl ones.

And yeah, I have a distaste for Arima/Inaho clones.

Jan 19, 2018 9:01 AM

Akie said:
Okay! Question time-

Like what happened to Amon? Is he dead? Did he just lose an arm?

I know nothing next to nothing about Aogiri yet, the twins, the prisoner dude from Cochlea.

What happened to Kaneki at the end? Did Arima kill him? Who the fuck is Arima supposed to be anyway?

The answers to those questions are spoilers, read the manga and you'll get to them eventually.

Feb 9, 2018 12:25 AM

I guess they made this season assuming that everyone who will be watching the Anime has already read the manga.

For me, Season 1 outweighs √A. I enjoyed every minute of season 1. Kaneki's struggle to stay human, his relationship with members of Anteiko cafe, His ideals not to kill anyone, especially the last episode where he decides to loose his humanity in order to protect everyone. So yeah Season 1, for me, was bomb.

√A was good. lots of feels. I hated when they attacked the cafe. I gotta admit though √A had more emotional episodes than Tokyo Ghoul. But I didn't like the way they ended the Anime. Unanswered questions, Characters with poor backstory, for someone who hasn't read the manga this season was 'not so good'. At the end It is just my personal opinion
Modified by TanKraft, Feb 9, 2018 12:29 AM

Feb 11, 2018 4:15 AM

So Hide probably died as well? Somehow until proven no one is really dead, just look as Shinohara. Kaneki fighting Arima can't possible go well for him though, wonder what will happen there :o
Also Touka just opened a new cafe like that? She must have a nice bank account to do that so suddenly.
Overall this season was way more enjoyable to me than season 1. I guess the hate it receives comes mostly from manga readers who dislike that they made an original story instead of following the source material. As a non-manga reader that doesn't concern me though, so I had fun. 6/10

Mar 9, 2018 7:53 PM
COME BACK TO US HIDEEEE 😭😭😭

Apr 12, 2018 4:11 AM

No Arima VS Kaneki fight and no introduction of Haise T-T and rip Hide i cri

Nov 6, 2018 11:10 AM

Top 10 controversial anime endings.

Nov 17, 2018 4:24 PM

Intensive episode in terms of feelings. I feel bad for Hide. I kinda liked him, he was a fine supportive hero and Ken's human friend.

How about the whole anime? It was fine, although I will give it a score worse than I gave for basic "Tokyo Ghoul". Why? Because of chaos in the direction of episodes. It's not that they were that much different, but the thing is... I felt chaos in the way they were directed. It made the story harder to catch on, plus the episodes were too diverse internally, which I can hook into the chaos I mentioned above. To be more precise: instead of fluently moving action we had a mess: very slow scenes, then very fast scenes out of blue, again slow scene, then another slower scene, then action etc.

Beat in mind I'm not talking about Episode 12 in particular. I'm talking about my general feelings on all episodes.
Modified by Adnash93, Nov 20, 2018 4:31 PM

Nov 18, 2018 9:47 PM

Pretty OK... that's about it. Enjoyed Season 1 more. I feel like there are some great characters here, but they were underutilized. World is interesting but pacing was a hotmess. I *may* watch the Re: series for the characters and such... but I may not. 6/10.

Jan 27, 2:41 PM

I have to say after this episode especially that the manga just got ruined by a poor first season and not even an adaptadion for the 2.Season the Arima vs Keneki fight and everything From Kano to even the depth that the manga had with the howl Bird cage didnt even got a mention its just sad

Mar 11, 6:07 AM

Just finished rewatching it. Very sad ending.

Apr 10, 11:53 PM

non manga reader

well, anyone watching the opening could guess how this season couldve played out. was expecting the same intense fights we got from the first season. it wasnt as intense as the first season, as most of the time cannon fodders dropped like flies.

also it felt lacking in story, like a bunch of holes here in there.

as others said, the manga is probably better, should pick it up later on as later seasons are getting hated on more.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396

May 23, 5:00 PM

Lots of shots of blood dripping on the floor this episode. Guys, do you think Hide is bleeding? I think Studio Pierrot is really trying to hammer home the fact that Hide is bleeding.

But I could be wrong.

Accepting all analytical essays on this topic.

Aug 1, 9:23 AM
FONZACUS said:
non manga reader

well, anyone watching the opening could guess how this season couldve played out. was expecting the same intense fights we got from the first season. it wasnt as intense as the first season, as most of the time cannon fodders dropped like flies.

also it felt lacking in story, like a bunch of holes here in there.

as others said, the manga is probably better, should pick it up later on as later seasons are getting hated on more.

Well yes, the manga IS better but the anime is still good imo

Aug 9, 12:17 PM
Not gonna lie shed some tears at the end...
Im not a manga reader but im reading comments saying that kaneki vs arima waa offscreen but i kinda understand why they didnt showed it(kaneki was completely fckd up and arima is super strong no need to make a fight were you already know the outcome, it was extra suffering for us and we dont need that😂)
The only thing that i dont understand is if kaneki is really dead because if you guys didn't told that in the comments i wouldn't know because the only thing they show is arima looking straigh forward and not a single thing of kaneki so i cant conclude that he is dead. (so for me that is the only dumb part of the episode)
Sorry for my english but i really tried hard to write this 😊
Tell me what you think about this

Oct 5, 2:04 AM

Fuck this a lot of people died in season 2
i mean overall this season was good but theres still a lot of unanswered questions that still bothers me since season 1 until now.The only problem in this series is theres a lot of hole in the story and the anime didnt explain it very well.The strongest point of this are the characters and how diverse its plot.

I have its flaws but its still enjoyable to watch
#PrayForKyoAni

Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]