Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Nov 28, 2017 7:21 PM

Oct 2010
Following the disappointment of Sakura Quest, I was afraid I might not enjoy this show much, but after an uncertain first few episodes it kept getting better and better. Episode 12 got me hard with its loving, reverent homage to industry veterans of past decades and their work, and its continuation in 19 was even stronger. The last two episodes made a perfect ending, similar in feeling to Mizushima's earlier Girls und Panzer, one of my absolute favorites. Composer Shiro Hamaguchi really knows how to score a victory celebration.

Shirobako:

Girls und Panzer:

The two shows are also comparable in that they presented huge casts of characters remarkably well in the time available. Sure, I couldn't memorize most of their names (I'm bad even with remembering western names), but I could easily identify dozens of characters' tank team or production role.

Biggest frustration, for real: Okitsu still left with an atrociously lopsided ratio of monumental attractiveness to minimal screentime. :(

I'm bumping these posts by quoting them, because most people don't have time to look through five thread pages:

aikaflip said:
Here are some of the real life character counterparts.

[click to enlarge]

Ray_Light said:
Thank you P.A. Works
Thank you T_T

Shirobako's staffs party afterwards

I see no difference xD

Jan 16, 2018 10:09 AM

Apr 2015
Through an amazing race against time (which included a run-in with the law from the least likely suspect), the final episode of Third Aerial Girls Squad was delivered on-time!

When Aoi collapsed at the 18-minute mark when she made it to the party, my first thought was "This is it. She's dead." because I'm a pessimist and also I'd definitely be dead after that. But she got right back up!

If the studio's got One Two Piece, they'll definitely be in business for a while.

Some episodes were better than others, and the show really was at its strongest in the second half once you really got to know and care about the cast, but overall, Shirobako was a solid show with a unique insight into anime production.

8/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 2, 2018 3:00 PM
Jan 2012
Wow!Fantastic. Very good final. Finally all together running for your dreams. I loved.
Okitsu-chan so fast. Miyamori running very well. Power of dreams.
Dec 17, 2018 7:51 PM

Mar 2012
The first arc was great, but i really did not see this needing to be continued past that. The novelity of the show to me was being shown what it was like to make an anime, and it was great seeing that, but the second arc felt more of the same, only presented differently. Like the point of the show to me came across by the time episode 13 happened, and then on was just extra fluff for story.

My biggest problem was being immersed in what I can only perceive as how anime is made in real life and then being brought out of that immersion with exaggerated characters and situations. Like i get it, there's shy people in the world, but really? A grown adult that can't actually pronounce a single word in front of people in an office and comes off like she's little under 5 years old mentally? At least locking the director up in a cage came off as funny and played off, but the other stuff i don't know...then we have director in a cage 2.0 with the new episode director that tries to escape..so there are reused scenarios in the 2nd half.

That said, the second half was the better story, but for intents here, this show didn't need to be 24 episodes, 12 episodes of either arc would have been plenty for the story and still got the point across just fine.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Mar 14, 2019 4:26 PM

May 2016
This was one of the best last episodes that I have watched in while really well done
gonna miss this show a lot and I really do mean it. 8/10
Apr 21, 2019 6:35 AM

Feb 2018
Good ending. Seasson 2?
Apr 21, 2019 9:04 AM

Jul 2012
Shirokuza said:
Good ending. Seasson 2?

Well, we're getting an original movie at least.
Apr 22, 2019 12:53 AM

Feb 2018
CountZeroOr said:
Shirokuza said:
Good ending. Seasson 2?

Well, we're getting an original movie at least.
yahhh that's good thanks :)
May 13, 2019 4:27 PM

Nov 2010
I rewatched all the episodes again. Probably everyone would have lost the track of the early episodes, here is the summaries.
---
ep.01 introduction and episode 3 delay problem
ep.02 scene remake by the director's new idea
ep.03 a hectic day of a production assistant
ep.04 voice actor audition
ep.05 hand drawing vs CG part 1
ep.06 hand drawing vs CG part 2
ep.07 quickness or quality ? animator's dilemma part 1
ep.08 quickness or quality ? animator's dilemma part 2
ep.09 CG designer's agony part 1. I want no more tire.
ep.10 CG designer's agony part 2 and sound making
ep.11 animator hunting and recruit
ep.12 an animator specialized in animals
ep.13 Aoi was assigned to the leader of production assistants
ep.14 voice actors selection and part-time job as an investigator
ep.15 newcomers
ep.16 retake of the character design
ep.17 promotion video
ep.18 voice acting
ep.19 anime production of the old days
ep.20 Why are you making anime? : the last scene
ep.21 Why are you making anime? : job change
ep.22 mental conflicts of peoples
ep.23 disapprove of the ending
ep.24 finale
---
I thought voice actor Shizuka would get jobs soon, but it took 24 episodes!
In this show, the protagonist doesn't make anime directly as a character designer, animator, CG designer, voice actor or writer. But her job is the best position to describe the anime production. This tells something.
Althought I can't agree with some fantastic scenes, it is a nice show as a whole. If you like this show, you might be interested in "New Game!".
Jul 15, 2019 3:11 PM
Sep 2015
This anime was glorious!
Solid 10/10! Really enjoyable.
I wish I could praise it more, but I'm feeling sleepy haha.
Jul 15, 2019 4:20 PM

Jul 2012
kuroneko99 said:

I thought voice actor Shizuka would get jobs soon, but it took 24 episodes!
In this show, the protagonist doesn't make anime directly as a character designer, animator, CG designer, voice actor or writer. But her job is the best position to describe the anime production. This tells something.

Yeah, the protagonist of the show's spiritual predecessor, Animation Runner Kuromi, was in a similar position as well, for the same reason, though that show was dramatically shorter (about 4-6 episodes?)
Jul 18, 2019 5:39 PM

Nov 2010
I'm glad to see they were all able to get involved in making an anime together in the end. I thought they've already forgotten about Shizuka.

Anyway, I really appreciate this anime. I know it's been fictionalized for entertainment purposes, still it's nice to have a glimpse of the inner workings of the anime industry.

I was right to not be so critical towards anime shows, it's takes so much effort to make a good anime show and even the bad ones as well.
Oct 23, 2019 6:54 AM

Apr 2013
A nice ending for a very good show. Also they already got their next project to adapt "Two Piece - a bandit manga" xD

This show started off quite well and only got better with each episode. The characters were likable and relatable and the whole process of making an anime was explained quite well imo. As far as I can judge as an anime-watcher without much experience in the profession itself. Looking forward to the movie. 8/10
Jan 2, 2020 1:28 PM

May 2011
The not so funny thing is, it's sad to see this one go! What an endearing cast and a great ending!
Feb 8, 2020 2:19 AM

Jun 2019
Everything ends (sadly)....

Overall, this was a really great experience, especially for me, who is always curious about what's behind-the-scenes, and this anime manged to be entertaining and informative at the same time.

Initially, I only liked Miyamori, but in the end, everybody (except Takanashi, he's annoying af, trough, he had some good moments here and there) grew closer to my heart, especially Ema, she has the hardest job, but also the lowest salary... :(

Well, Musani doesn't need to worry about their income anymore, since they got the rights for One Two Piece.

Oh, and this is also my 50th finished anime, so it has another reason to have a special place in my list (and my heart).

I'm currently hyped up for the movie, can't wait to get it subbed.
hypebeast-zoroFeb 8, 2020 2:23 AM
May 12, 2020 9:49 AM

Apr 2020
Gethemalot said:
It's funny that this very original story doesn't have a lot of attention..

Anyway,
That last scene
That Editor become a Photographer
That everything
Goddamn I 've knew it since 3rd episode that this show has an unique storytelling!

11/10
Great soundtrack
Great character development
Great amount of story that packed greatly well in 26 episodes
how come 26 eps? Isn't this 24 eps?
May 13, 2020 9:10 PM
Apr 2014
Shirase-san said:

how come 26 eps? Isn't this 24 eps?

26 is including the two OVAs.

Anyway, this is the finest anime drama there is. If drama is your thing, and you somehow dislike this, I don't trust you. :p
Aug 10, 2020 9:48 AM
Apr 2018
Watched Shirobako after seeing how much higher it was rated on RAL than MAL and it turned out to be even better than I thought. The entire cast was great and the development of the main cast was just amazing. The show was really informative about the entire anime making process and it's hardships whilst being one of the most inspiring shows I've seen as well. Can't wait to see it continue in the movie.

10/10 and my 2nd favourite anime original behind Code Geass.
Sep 22, 2020 8:50 AM
Apr 2019
PrasantGrG said:
Watched Shirobako after seeing how much higher it was rated on RAL than MAL and it turned out to be even better than I thought. The entire cast was great and the development of the main cast was just amazing. The show was really informative about the entire anime making process and it's hardships whilst being one of the most inspiring shows I've seen as well. Can't wait to see it continue in the movie.

10/10 and my 2nd favourite anime original behind Code Geass.

Bruh

Fuckthecharactercountlimit
I'm tired
Nov 30, 2020 2:52 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Cheers, Miyamori. Fucking, cheers. Out of nowhere I have grown attached to these characters without even knowing Subconsciously I have come to adore this show which I initially thought was a bit boring; I realize that now that it has ended

Can't wait to watch the movie and I hope it's good.

and two piece

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 13, 2021 11:20 PM
Apr 2020
Really a very good anime. The story is very interesting. I like all the characteristics of the character. Especially Miyamori Aoi, she is my favorite character in this series. I felt sad to Shizuka throughout the story, and I was very moved when she finally got an offer to become Seiyuu (I almost cried in this scene). It is very unfortunate that this series must end. Now it's time for me to watch the version of the movie.

*I really hope there is a second season.

🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩
RezaNurfs26Jan 13, 2021 11:25 PM
Jan 18, 2021 4:16 PM

Jul 2017
I wish I got to see a part of the anime finale air rather than only see some of the guys run to deliver the tapes, and I wish Aoi's internal conflict on what she really wanted to do in the industry, in the long run, was a bit more interesting and less anti-climactic.

Other than that, a great finale and a great way to end a really enjoyable show once I adjusted to the tone and pace of the show without qualms and after the mixed-bag of a start. Still wish like in the previous discussion like I mentioned, that the tone at times was a bit less goofy and overly optimistic and focused more on the tougher sides of the industry rather than only just delays/deadlines and creative conflicts, to make it feel a little less pandering and more gripping, but the show did more than enough to recover itself for me in that 2nd half while maintaining my excitement now for the movie that hopefully I'll get to see with subtitles soon online.

A strong 7 to a light 8 is the area where I have the rating at but for now, I'll go with the 8/10 option on MAL. It was a 6/10 for the first 8 episodes but it really did get better for me as an experience over time, and ended really strongly too with some of its best episodes, so I can definitely say it was worth pushing through a little bit to get to the really good stuff once the 2nd project became a thing.
Jan 29, 2021 5:17 AM

Feb 2019
What can I say except that it was an amazing episode.

Glad to see Hiraoka's finally got the love of anime production back in him! Guess Tarou is good for something! Worst character in this series I thought was gonna be him, but nah Chazawa the editor took that spot by a long shot.

Damn, Ms. Okitsu is badass. Love her so much. A lot of the girls in this anime are just pure badass.

What an amazing rush from all the producers!

I was so proud seeing Aoi take the stage. She deserves every bit of praise she gets and more! The animators, director, music producers, screenwriters, seiyuus all deserve due credit for their work, of course. But producers I think are often overlooked despite how integral they are to the process. I believe that this wouldn't have been successful without a producer, same as the real anime! And Aoi is one of the best you can get! She truly is the future pillar of Musashino Animation. Damn, Aoi is great at production. She was born for this. Even though she's a newbie, she managed to be the primary editor of an entire, hyped anime, not even having Yano early on to help her!

Gonna miss these girls and everyone on the staff! Also, I hope Yamada (I think that's his name? Forgot, the animation supervisor) and Segawa get together because it seems he has a thing for her!

Wish I could see more I know there's a movie but that's only 2 hours at most. Wish there's gonna be a second season somewhere down the line!
Mar 29, 2021 7:24 PM

Jan 2010
If there's any compliment I can give Shirobako, it's that I haven't enjoyed a P.A. Works anime this much since Hanasaku Iroha. I love slice of life anime that distill all the drama, silliness, absurdities, frustrations, and joys of living life into a single setting. Shirobako, to my great surprise, managed to fit this mold. Great stuff.
Apr 18, 2021 8:19 AM

May 2015
This show is really good, but the beggining is quite slow.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 21, 2021 4:01 AM
Apr 2020
Man I don't know what to say anymore... This is such a great anime

I haven't had a really good time watching a P.A Works anime this much in a while, since their another original anime Hansaku Iroha. I really like how this anime roleplays the real challenges that a certain anime studio is facing during the ongoing anime adaptation. They really really did well on that part. As for the characters, even that many, they did a good job too. As for the other overall stuffs, I say a A-okay! 9/10 overall for this

Now time to see the the movie one. I hope it will be as great as this one :)
May 20, 2021 8:58 PM

Aug 2019
so did Okitsu get off scot-free after speeding and being in a police chase? either way I really enjoyed this anime as it showcased the troubles that workers in the anime industry face that I would’ve never known about if I didn’t watch this
Aug 15, 2021 1:01 AM

Dec 2020
After finishing this anime, I now know how hard it is to make an anime. Especially original anime. Maybe this anime was made so that the audience knows how difficult it is for producers, voice actors, directors, and others to produce an anime. 9/10
Apr 10, 2022 12:41 PM

Nov 2019
Passionate. A portrayal of the industry in its brightest spectrums (and worst).
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jul 30, 2022 11:43 PM

Jul 2021
My lips are stuck in smile mode and I can't seem to wipe that smile off, help. The ending made me so happy.

Miyamori's speech at the end was great.

The girls are a lot more closer to achieving their dream of making their own original anime, can't wait to see that happen, hopefully in the sequel.

This has to be the best original anime ever.

9/10 overall and 5/5 episode.
TsutanaiFuunJul 30, 2022 11:51 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 18, 2023 9:45 PM
Feb 2022
i liked the prior episode more than the finale, but this episode was great too

overall what an amazing show. almost perfect. there was awhile i thought okay this is so enjoyable it’s gotta be a 10 but then the constant AWFUL scenes with the plushies ruined it. i dont think ive ever hated characters and their voice acting more. it got so bad that despite LOVING this show i thought i should probably give this a 7 or maybe an 8

it SHOULD have got a 10 from me but those stupid damn plushies ruined it. i HATE them soooo much

the show finished really strong and is one of my favorites now, despite the plushie mess, and so im giving it a 9
Apr 1, 2023 12:38 AM

Jul 2009
Great show! It made me appreciate the making of Anime and also grown a lot of respect in the industry as a whole!

will never stop watching Anime! Don't care if I grow old as fuck.

I will watch the specials (Exodus and Daisan Hikou Shoujotai) the Anime projects being worked on the Anime itself later next week or so XD

And of course there's movie as well! So there's more Shirobako to come!

Sep 20, 2023 10:12 AM
Jun 2020
Don Don Donuts Do-n to Ikou!!!

waahh. Although prly a romanticization of what reality is but just seeing what is happening BTS, all the hardwork, dedication, passion that puts into every show they make is just so fun to see. im moved!

this a great find
8/10
Sep 29, 2023 8:59 AM
Nov 2012
karena kerja di dunia yang sama jadi relate 5/7
Jan 25, 10:20 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 4.5
[Art/Animation] - 4
[Sound/Music] - 3.5
[M-Character] - 4
[S-Character] - 4
[Enjoyment] - 4.5
[Overall] - 4.5

A show about working in the anime production industry, I have to say was a great watch. Love the cast fun and funny, never got boring form start to finished a good ride and time. The mains struggle is what many go through when starting in the industry and the help they get form the vits was good development I liked how they showed the small moments. When the pros explain and show the problems and struggles that the mains and side characters are going through Really the cast of many characters at times felt better then the mains and enjoyed them more Like (Seiichi, Rinko, Shigeru, Erika, Ai) and many more. Aoi and the car races scenes made me laugh, Midori art not coming through and struggle that made me feel I can relate, Shizuka Voice acting moments were fun and sad a times, Ema & Misa were fine the information gathering and 3D models they added was good.
sucks not seeing a season two for the girls to make there show they wished for when they were younger, OVA’s are incredibly clever. I watched the Movie to see what come after the show and it more of the same struggle this time it about making a film to save the company was thinking it was going to be about making there wish come true. needs a season 2... asap!
CcCharlesJan 30, 7:44 AM
Feb 20, 10:30 AM

Jun 2015
I love that everything ended in glory and I love their wild card.

Who knew that Takanashi would have such a positive influence on Hiraoka and bring him back to the right path. It turns out he can be useful too sometimes. I can understand now why they keep him around.

It's a very sad situation to start your career in a negative work environment.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Aug 2014
What ive noticed with Shirobako with viewers is that if you like the anime, then youll LOVE the anime

While the other thing ive noticed with Shirobako is that if you dont love the anime, then youll simply not care at all about what is happening in the anime and be bored and uninterested. This is where I feel that I am with this anime.

Dont get me wrong, Shirobako had its positive moments that even I cared for = There were some sentimental moments that were nice, like the drawing girl MC and her struggles, and the redhair girl finally getting a voice acting job near the end of the anime, and I also liked the episode where they were picking voice actors for each character role. But asides from this, nothing ever hooked me in about this anime.

If I had to reason why Shirobako cant connect with many viewers its that its a bunch of pointless and unimportant side characters (not even uniimportant side characters in anime, more like background characters / NPC), all of them getting together and all of them acting like the main characters, and that can turn many viewers off as the anime progresses.

This anime should have been 10-13 episodes, instead of two-cours. Or do two seasons of 10-13 episodes.
oooo3333Mar 25, 1:58 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

250 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.