Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Post New Reply
Poll: Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion

Sep 11, 2017 4:10 AM

Finally over. It dragged from around episode 9 to the end. Far too many characters in a 24 episode series (104!?). In the end I only remembered Miyamoris name and the plot was lost on me because of that. I see the appeal but it's not my kind of show it seems. 5/10.

I liked Miyamori though for what it's worth.
Modified by Pixel_Vapour, Sep 11, 2017 5:46 AM
“Even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side.” - Madoka Kaname

Nov 6, 2017 9:19 AM

Amazing show with consistently great characterisation, a fine balance of realism and entertainment, and one of the most satisfying endings I've seen in a while. Seeing the entire cast at the after-party was a great way to wrap up the show and I'm glad we got full closure on the five girls' struggles, especially Miyamori as I can relate to her a lot. Her speech at the end was a brilliant way to summarise what the show wanted to be and what it accomplished. When I first started watching this my expectations weren't the best mainly because of the huge cast, but those expectations were blown away by how perfectly each character fulfilled their own role and how the character interactions were handled to fit the narrative. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a show this much, which makes Shirobako fully deserving of a 10/10 for me.

Nov 28, 2017 7:21 PM

Following the disappointment of Sakura Quest, I was afraid I might not enjoy this show much, but after an uncertain first few episodes it kept getting better and better. Episode 12 got me hard with its loving, reverent homage to industry veterans of past decades and their work, and its continuation in 19 was even stronger. The last two episodes made a perfect ending, similar in feeling to Mizushima's earlier Girls und Panzer, one of my absolute favorites. Composer Shiro Hamaguchi really knows how to score a victory celebration.

Shirobako:

Girls und Panzer:

The two shows are also comparable in that they presented huge casts of characters remarkably well in the time available. Sure, I couldn't memorize most of their names (I'm bad even with remembering western names), but I could easily identify dozens of characters' tank team or production role.

Biggest frustration, for real: Okitsu still left with an atrociously lopsided ratio of monumental attractiveness to minimal screentime. :(

I'm bumping these posts by quoting them, because most people don't have time to look through five thread pages:

aikaflip said:
Here are some of the real life character counterparts.

[click to enlarge]

Ray_Light said:
Thank you P.A. Works
Thank you T_T

Shirobako's staffs party afterwards

I see no difference xD

Jan 16, 10:09 AM

Through an amazing race against time (which included a run-in with the law from the least likely suspect), the final episode of Third Aerial Girls Squad was delivered on-time!

When Aoi collapsed at the 18-minute mark when she made it to the party, my first thought was "This is it. She's dead." because I'm a pessimist and also I'd definitely be dead after that. But she got right back up!

If the studio's got One Two Piece, they'll definitely be in business for a while.

Some episodes were better than others, and the show really was at its strongest in the second half once you really got to know and care about the cast, but overall, Shirobako was a solid show with a unique insight into anime production.

8/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]