Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 25, 2015 11:31 AM
Jan 2015
Are they friends? Or are they using each other? Do they like each other?
Mar 25, 2015 11:34 AM

Sep 2014
I think there were some romantic feelings, definitely from Satou though nothing happened.
But I head they are actually lovers in the novel or something like that
Mar 25, 2015 11:42 AM
Jan 2015
KLKfanboy said:
I think there were some romantic feelings, definitely from Satou though nothing happened.

Oh that's interesting. They don't seem like either friends or lovers. But it's like they need each other. I've never seen a relationship like this before.
Apr 11, 2017 10:08 AM
Feb 2015
Imaishi said:
they are lovers and friends
Feb 6, 2020 2:29 PM
Feb 2016
Came here because I don't understand it too. The ending is a complete mess.

I mean, Satou literally abandoned misaki on new year to go have fun with his senpai, never trying to get in contact with her.

Also, during the whole serie, the only and unique time he asked anything about Misaki to know her better is to fake the couple in front of his mother.

Does he actually hate Misaki?

He never showed the slightest interest for Misaki except the almost-kiss scene.

These are the terrible plot holes that make my 10/10 become an 8/10.
Feb 7, 2020 2:09 AM
Feb 2015
Marsen-P said:
Came here because I don't understand it too. The ending is a complete mess.

I mean, Satou literally abandoned misaki on new year to go have fun with his senpai, never trying to get in contact with her.

Also, during the whole serie, the only and unique time he asked anything about Misaki to know her better is to fake the couple in front of his mother.

Does he actually hate Misaki?

He never showed the slightest interest for Misaki except the almost-kiss scene.

These are the terrible plot holes that make my 10/10 become an 8/10.

I wouldn't consider this as a plot hole. In my opinion Satou feels intimidated by people. Misaki came with no clear intensions made herself not trust-worthy. At the begining Satou fall for it then he started to become suspicious.
He felt something to her but then he couldn't bear that she was stalking him and thinking of him like a trash. Thats why he cut contact with her in the middle of series.
From my life i think it's possible that they don't know what they feel for each other. When you are lonely i fall in love with everyone that show some interest. That happened to Satou with Misaki, Senpai, Mia. Like yamazaki said it's only chemistry. Non of that was real romantic love more like some type of charm.

On new year Satou was terrified and came to first person who came up that make him feel better.

And about Misaki from the beginning she was mysterious etc. she didn't wanted to tell him about herself so he didn't asked later.

I think he was thinking about Misaki as a suspicious girl not as a girl with problems. He did not consider that actually project was for her not for him. And it wasn't making any sence why this cute, rich girl was interested with curing his problems, that was scary for him so he tried to escape this.

EDIT
I think my response is chaotic but i hope you will understand what i was trying to say :D
Feb 7, 2020 6:42 AM
Feb 2016

Well, he never tries to know her, even though he's completely dependent of her(food, etc). Never questioning about her skipping school, never been concerned about anything. Then he suddenly falls in love with her.

For me, it feels more like the realisator didn't realise only a few episodes were left and totally rushed the ending. Added random romance so it could kind of match the manga/novel.

I mean, how easy he stopped the hikkikomori, got a job and so on.
Then again, he truly despises his family. Prefer being fed by a girl and brutally reintegrate society (when misaki stops feeding him) than go home and gradually curing his hikkikomorism with the help of his parents.

For me, it makes absolutely no sense. Wish the few last episodes were different so I could give it the 10/10 it deserves.
Nov 6, 2020 4:41 PM

May 2017
How convenient Misaki is cute. If she were more homely, Satou wouldn't have done the 'counseling'.

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Juliab - Apr 29, 2008

121 by narkotenshi »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DarkBlue - Feb 6, 2008

213 by hanakocheeks »»
Apr 12, 10:20 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 2, 2017

636 by krillville »»
Apr 8, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

113 by TenmaLeftNut »»
Apr 7, 5:41 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

179 by CheeseBrie »»
Mar 31, 2:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.