Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 7, 2017 11:29 AM
Oct 2016
MistyBlue said:
.........................So he basically married his freaking niece. And the parents are okay with this? Why do they even have to marry now?

LOL, all of their parents are dead and don't have a say at all. Just thought that was funny
Apr 7, 2017 12:22 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Sword_Slash said:

LOL, all of their parents are dead and don't have a say at all. Just thought that was funny

Didn't they come back as ghosts or something? Can't remember anymore. But I guess if they did, ghost don't give a damn about anything.
Apr 7, 2017 12:44 PM
Oct 2016
MistyBlue said:
Sword_Slash said:

Didn't they come back as ghosts or something? Can't remember anymore. But I guess if they did, ghost don't give a damn about anything.

Yeah, you're right. Also, sorry about quoting you on a 2 year old post
Jul 4, 2017 1:16 PM

Apr 2015
The parents visiting the children after a timeskip was cute, especially their reactions.
And it was interesting to see how they changed. Didn't expect Miu's mother to have become close to her daughter tbh.

But I was like... why the hell is Yuuta engaged to that Sora? Throughout the series, I never felt like there were any serious hints alluding that he loves her - I mean, he had a crush / was in love with Raika and now he's engaged to Sora. Doesn't make any sense to me why he chose that 'old hag' (the only thing I liked about Sako was that he called her that) over Raika. Why??? And Yuuta wanted to be the papa for all three children, so that kinda makes Sora his daughter (not related by blood, but their relationship would be that of father and daughter according to their statement). Really weird.
Also, the age gap. I mean, Sora was 14 and Yuuta was around 20 at the beginning of the series. Alright, now they are four years older, but still... oh Yuuta, you chould have chosen Raika-chan, dude. And Sora and Yuuta haven't even kissed up to now, their relationship seems so awkward tbh. And I don't get why Sora keeps calling Yuuta Onii-chan even though they are engaged now. So yeah, weird.

Decent episode aside from that tho.
Jul 15, 2017 1:30 PM
Nov 2015
Sht got real.. Author passed away... And as i got Mc rejects reyka and on top of that sora hears it at the time and does nothing... Miu went to lesbian with the russian blond... In the future it seem Sora becames music teacher or something about taugh to how to sing... Shes going to have a baby to... And on top of that a biological fhater seems to appear in the last volums
Dec 1, 2017 12:38 PM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
Worst girl won (in LN too). Fuck this shit.

i wouldn't say that she is the worst but he was suppose to pair up with Raika!!!!!
Dec 1, 2017 3:43 PM

May 2009
Sugram22 said:
bastek66 said:
Worst girl won (in LN too). Fuck this shit.

i wouldn't say that she is the worst but he was suppose to pair up with Raika!!!!!

Unfortunately volumes of development for Raika and none for oldest daughter, MC just rejected her in second to last LN and married Sora in last one.
Dec 1, 2017 11:28 PM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
Sugram22 said:

Unfortunately volumes of development for Raika and none for oldest daughter, MC just rejected her in second to last LN and married Sora in last one.

that kind of dumb cause he liked Rika & new this, it doesn't make sense lol
they should redo that part & leave this as ALT route & Rika original route
nothing against Sora but it doesn't fit & doesn't make sense
Dec 2, 2017 2:50 AM

Apr 2015
Sugram22 said:
bastek66 said:

things that I got so far....
LN reader = MCxImouto

Anime watcher= MCxTheBoobs
DebaskyDec 2, 2017 2:56 AM
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Dec 2, 2017 3:00 AM

Sep 2012
nearbaskara said:
Sugram22 said:

LN reader = MCxImouto

she isn't actually Imouto but Imouto's step child but i get the point LN & anime have different routs & OVA was done by following LN did i get it right?
Dec 2, 2017 2:31 PM

May 2009
nearbaskara said:
LN reader = MCxImouto

I read opinions of LN readers who wanted Raika not Sora.
Sugram22 said:
she isn't actually Imouto but Imouto's step child but i get the point LN & anime have different routs & OVA was done by following LN did i get it right?

Anime only adapted first one or two volumes of the LN.
Dec 6, 2017 5:34 AM

Feb 2017
What annoyed me the most is that Yuuta literary said to Raika that she should marry him.
The way the series ended means, that if you remove all the college scenes, all the interaction with Raika were for this ending completely unnecessary. Even Raika as a whole character was deemed unnecessary in the end.
Dec 7, 2017 4:47 AM

Apr 2015
Guys please respect author's decision.
he has passed you know.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Dec 10, 2017 1:37 AM

Oct 2012
Yeah screw Raika, incest ftw!!!! Great ending =)
Feb 17, 2019 7:57 PM
Nov 2015
I fucking knew they were hinting at this for the longest time but I still held out for for Yuuta x Raika and raising the girls together as a hella cute young couple. But no Yuuta marries his niece/adopted daughter instead. And she's boring AF too. Are you kidding me. I don't care they're not related by blood, he raised her as if she was his own daughter, that's SO not right. And the parent ghosts are okay with this? Seriously?

The series as a whole was kind of a sweet tale of family bonds, but this OVA kinda ruins that notion when you go full blown incest. Yuuta x Raika marriage would have been the perfect ending. I'm so salty about this and I'll never get over it.
May 12, 2019 5:27 AM

Nov 2013
Well that was a pretty big time-skip. It almost makes this OVA not worth watching since 90% of the story before this is not adapted, I'm glad Yuuta ends up with Sora though. I always shipped them more than Yuuta x Reika, Reika fans complaining on here only care about her breasts anyway. I'm glad the author went with the better and less expected route, Sora and Yuuta have much better chemistry.

Can only give this OVA a 5/10 though, since so much was left out before reaching this point, it ruins the importance of the ending.

RIP to the author
May 21, 2019 9:55 PM
Nov 2015
Hell nah dude. Full disclosure, maybe Yuuta/Sora have more chemistry in the manga, but as I saw from the anime, there's zero romantic chemistry. It basically sums up to Sora having a crush on her uncle and he only views her as his niece. Saying that people who wanted Yuuta/Reika "only care about her breasts" is completely ridiculous. You're completely dismissing the fact that Reika acts very motherly around the girls, and that a Yuuta/father Reika/mother dynamic would have worked perfectly. They ARE attracted to each other. IMO that would have been a much more unique pairing than just another incest couple.
Feb 24, 2020 4:30 AM
Oct 2012
As the minority who loves Sora more than Raika, I'm glad it ended up this way. The only regrets I have is the lack of their build-up relationship. Too bad there is no explanation whatsoever about that 4 years time-skip.

And while I do somewhat understand the rage over this pairing, to be fair it's kind of an unavoidable development for a guy who lives together with a non-blood related girl for 4 years+. No matter how much both of them put it as uncle and niece, they aren't really related by blood. They are bound to be aware of each others as opposite sex. The same goes for Miu, which is probably why she decides to move out.
Feb 27, 2020 10:55 AM

Dec 2018
I was happy that Raika went down the toilet, she was a lifeless and forced character. At least Sora kinda felt like a normal human being whom I can sympathize. Not like I ever cared about the romance, especially since the protagonist guy was so bland and boring in the first place.

Overall this episode was probably the best OVA I have seen from the 2010s decade, for the decade when most OVAs were unimportant throwaway trash this was pretty ambitious.
RoyaleMikoFeb 27, 2020 11:18 AM
Mar 19, 2020 4:56 PM
Feb 2020
My biggest gripe about this ending is how innocent Yuuta and Sora are, between just the two personalities they'd be beyond simple kissing and adding Miu to the mix.. a 'shotgun wedding' seemed really plausible.

Raika seemed interested in the girls more than Yuuta or the other two guys.😉

All three sisters went for singing? Sora was in the choir, but Miu was more about fashion, I saw her on the path for a fashion designer
Miu's singing here was horrible, I couldn't wait for the scene to be over, the VA may have done the op, but that wasn't the voice in the episode.
Apr 2, 2020 1:21 PM

May 2015
This is a great OVA for my 600th re-watch. God I love this series.

I remember this episode being really sad cause they come back as ghosts just to disappear again nailing in the fact they're gone but that one line at the beginning "they only gave us one day" proves theres actually a heaven in this universe which is a really nice thought. That means eventually they'll meet eachother again.

Still gutted that the sister had to die for the story's plot to kick in. Most other anime with this premise have the people dead from the start and dont let us get to know them but we got to know Yuri-san and its killing me.

Also I remember hearing some really dark theory that Raika died in a bike accident. Re-watching this thankfully confirmed that it was just a theory since there was never a line saying that.

Now normally I absolutely hate it when the very few anime we have about parental relationships turns romantic but in this its fine cause from the very first scene we saw with Sora we knew she liked him and he's still the father of the other two. This entire series really kept that melancholy atmosphere. Cause it always had that lingering sad feeling of the fact that this entire story/plot is built around the fact a good person died. But still a great series.

Having that ED and OP play at the end was a great way to end my 600th re-watch. Love this series!
DarknessRealityApr 2, 2020 1:24 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 30, 2020 2:49 AM
Jul 2019
If Only The Series Was Picked By Someone Else possibly A Successor
Jun 26, 2020 10:58 AM
Jan 2020
This ova just ruined the whole anime completely. It was meant to be a father daughter anime not this bullshit. And every sign showed that raika would be the one. FUCKK
Jul 1, 2020 2:48 AM
Jul 2020
realmente me párese un poco extraño que no se tomo la ruta de yuuta y rikko de froma personal prefiria eso ya que era un poco mas maduro el asunto debido a que rikko aparte de tener un gran quimica con yutta fue un apoyo muy grande a el y pues como que ..... no me convenció peor aun asi fue un gran anime y ojala no se aiga quedado con el gordito :') pero creo que si :'(
Jul 31, 2020 7:17 PM
Jul 2020
What a train of feels this ova, as much as we want s2 to happen, i think this is better than not continuing it at all, want to read the light novel but unfortunately the english translation just up to vol 3
Aug 6, 2020 3:11 AM
Aug 2017
Didnt expect to see an ending but that was great, i enjoyed this and glad they ended up with each other, dont really care who ends with up with who.
Oct 24, 2020 7:19 AM

Jun 2016
RAIKA won in the manga

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Jan 23, 2021 11:14 PM

Aug 2014
great ova, it gives a finale. bravo

all 15 episodes were very nice, heartwarming, and nice-pacing. bravo
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 1:18 AM
Feb 11, 2021 3:18 PM

Nov 2013
A sweet and nice conclusion to the series. Except the whole marriage thing, which came out of nowhere. I would have preferred a Raika ending.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
May 4, 2021 1:19 PM

Apr 2020
This was the most Gainax ending I've ever seen from a non-Gainax anime. It reminds me of the last episode of Mahoromatic. 🤣
Jun 1, 2021 5:08 PM
Aug 2017
Another wholesome story ruined by pedophilia and quasi-incest themes. Yes, they aren't related by blood but the Japanese really enjoy shipping adoptive father figures and young female orphans.

Terrible ending. Reminds me of Usagi Drop's source materials. Yuck.
May 14, 2023 11:45 AM

Aug 2019
fun little showcase of how things are like 4-5 years(hina was 3 in the show and is 8 here) after the end of the show. so sora and yuuta got married which just annoys me more because in the show we had no romance between them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 6:11 PM

Jan 2018
This is so fucking sad. Damn it. They really died.
Mar 3, 9:55 PM
Jan 2024
soooooo sadddddd :{
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! OVA Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2013

81 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 14, 2023 11:17 AM

» Preview

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2013

9 by LoneWizzy »»
Mar 15, 2015 1:41 PM

» Combining the two OVA's together

Iconic - Nov 20, 2014

6 by Paulo27 »»
Nov 30, 2014 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.