Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2015 7:52 PM

Apr 2012
property of redacted aka hopelessly eternally lost
SwimminglyDoneMay 12, 2019 7:49 AM
Oct 24, 2018 10:00 AM

Nov 2016
I didn't find too many wrong things with this one. But I was hoping for cooler fights, still not bad.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 4, 2019 3:47 PM
May 2017
What the hell was up with the ending? I didnt really understand the last 10 minutes, it was a pretty cool OVA aside the weird unexplained ending.
Mar 6, 2020 3:38 AM

Nov 2016
They mention Zenon not reading the rulebook multiple times but he never had a rulebook to begin with? Did he ever have a rulebook and decided not to read it and I missed that part? Was it part of the bug, or is it just an excuse so they give exposition whenever they want to?

Also it started as a hero defeat monsters to progress, but then it quickly shifted to pvp somehow? Unless the first enemy was a player wearing a suit?
May 15, 2020 8:45 PM

Jun 2014
This was a lot of fun to watch. The visuals and action were well done.

It appears that Zenno and Atover got to see each other again in the end after all.

Nov 25, 2020 5:58 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I might be rather fool or i am just not so good understanding this old movie. Well, the ending surprisingly abrupt, by suddenly became a game master and reset the time into Zenon's time of century again, only to led them into a happy ending? At the end, no proper explanations about whats goin on in general made me puke. Such a silly way to end this fine show. At general, everything just full of dumbness. However, i shall be really considering forward the era of this anime when its has been made. Its just full of such a classical theme; superhero, and the princess shit. Game adaptation ended up as a royal battle through survival play. A time travel reference toward such a bizzare theory like a paradox, jumping time machine, and then a reset time? Dang! The last one was a thick plot armor MC with a cute girl as his pair, nonsense, and then an easy peasy villain as a result of his deux ex machina power of reset sequences. As an MC, Zenon as was so bland and generic over his characteristic, he just too noise, and quite bleh as general, nothing good for him, honestly. Fortunately, Atover, as a heroine was so cute, and her characteristic was so calming. The ending itself was so meh, like i said in the beginning, because of its absurdness and abruptly end all of convoluted situations. I mean, they got separated, but why suddenly they became together again, and somehow she said Ze-no-n in the end? Oh man, its so silly, and i never know the old anime like this was so cringey xD. Oh well!
Detail score:
- Story, its a 3. Such a very bad story script they had there, even with the title of the old anime, its not convinced me much into labelling this as very bad story.
- Art-animation part was 6, standard of their era.
- Sounds was quite bad in general, its a 4.
- Characters ended up in 4 too. Lots of the characters were jusr generic and bland. Zenon even was a trainwreck, and a massive mess. Fortunately, Atover carried the score away into the final end score a maximum at 4.
Enjoyment? If only there was no Atover, and the kiss had its good moment honestly, i may end up my satisfaction at 1. However, with that aspects i mentioned above, i raise it a bit into 4.
So at the end, as an average, its just 4,2/10. Such an unfortunate!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 8, 2022 12:36 AM
Jan 2020
The premise has a lot of potential tbh, with proper time this could've been pretty good.
Jun 30, 2022 12:33 PM

Aug 2021
For those who didn't understand the ending, here's my interpretation:

- Once Zenon and Atover are in a "time outside of time," they see that throughout history people from the future have altered the past as part of the game. These timelines are then erased at the end of the game so that the actions in the past don't created a paradox (see "grandfather paradox" as an example).

- Zenon and Atover intentionally try to create a paradox by erasing the moment in time the game was first created. After they do this, they end up back in the time branch where Zenon was sent the Exper suit (as evidenced by the destroyed building).

- But since they destroyed the part of the future where the game was created, Zenon couldn't possibly have been sent the suit: so they successfully created a paradox, where the game simultaneously existed and never existed. Zenon is present in both scenarios but Atover in only one of them, so he's pretty much the same while she still exists but in a slightly different form.

I wish the OVA had explored the timeline-altering aspect more, it was by far the most interesting part.
Jan 27, 6:02 PM

Jan 2021
Well I didn't understand anything in this story at all but I enjoyed the parts where Atover didn't use clothing.
Apr 7, 12:51 PM

Oct 2010
very cool show and atover was hot, a decent 80s spillover
7/10
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.