Forum Settings
Forums

Topic of till I feel like I want another topic - 03/24/2015 - Simple and Complex

New
Mar 24, 2015 5:54 AM

Jun 2014
[center]!~~Topic of till I feel like I want another topic -03/24/2015~~!
[size=125]Simple and complex[/size]

So, how you like your anime, simple or complex and why? What is your opinion on both types? What is a "simple" and a "complex" anime to you? Wich simple titles would you recommend and with comples ones?

List of past topics:

FellenerMar 28, 2015 6:32 PM
Remember guys, I AM NOT A PARAGON OF TASTE.

I HAVE SHIT TASTE LIKE THE REST OF YOU.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 24, 2015 7:32 AM

Jun 2012
I like both, it all depends on what I feel like watching.
For me a simple anime is when you dont have to think much about it to understand what is going on and a complex is the opposite :P

Simple: Gintama, Danshii Koukousei no Nichijou, Yondemasu-yo, Black Lagoon, Natsume Yuujinchou, Ghost Hunt.

Complex: NHK, Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze, Monster, Ghost Hound, Mushishi.
♬♪♫
RateYourMusic
LastFM
♬♪♫
Mar 24, 2015 7:41 AM

Nov 2013
Gandalfsbeard said:
I like both, it all depends on what I feel like watching.
For me a simple anime is when you dont have to think much about it to understand what is going on and a complex is the opposite :P

Seconding this

Simple: Gintama, Natsume Yuujinchou, Isshukan Friend, Hyouka.

Complex: Mushishi, Monster, Kino's Journey and Terror in Resonance.

Recommended Simple : Hyouka (not included the fanservice OVA/ ep 11.5 though)

Recommended Complex : Kino's Journey
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Mar 25, 2015 6:33 PM

Dec 2013
Generally I think everybody is going to say both. I like more things about a show to be simple so it highlights the complexity of the other chosen storylines. If every storyline is complex than I would fear that a lot of things might get lost in translation.
Mar 25, 2015 6:39 PM

Apr 2014
No complexity is always good I think unless it's like, school comedy (which I don't like either way) or not serious stuff in general

As long as the presentation doesn't suck so it becomes convoluted *cough* Nerawareta Gakuen *cough*

And technobabbling =/= complexity
No validation, no applause
You don't have prove you got it when you know it's yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSSKDIcpdSE
Mar 25, 2015 10:23 PM

Aug 2014
It seems like most anime I watch are usually long airing ones (shonen type) Naruto, Bleach, One Peice, Initial D for ex. but with those, they are all very simple and you know from the get go its gonna be about battles and character development that's about it but that's what I like about those is that I don't really have to think to hard as I watch and I can just enjoy.

On the other hand, I love NHK, Deathnote, still watching monster (slowly) but great so far, Mushi Shi and I feel those are very complex and you really have to focus while you watch and maybe even go back and re watch an episode or two. I think I enjoy these more because of the fulfillment and bliss you feel after finishing them.
Mar 26, 2015 2:56 AM

May 2013
From my list, the only anime I would call complex are Ergo Proxy, NGE, Kaiba and Serial Experiments Lain, unless I forgot something. They benefit from great rewatch value and are definitely memorable for that, so if done well, I would say that complexity is definitely a good thing.

On the other hand, simplicity can be just as effective at making great shows, and actually these suit my taste better. So cheers for well-executed simplicity ^^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】Discord Invitation Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hibbington - Aug 7, 2016

1280 by Hibbington »»
Apr 17, 10:19 AM

Sticky: » ❤~Staff Thread~❤ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikochondria - Sep 19, 2014

1164 by RisaK »»
Apr 15, 1:31 PM

» [CLOSED] Winter 2024 AOTS Card Edition: BokuYaba Season 2

coziitsu - Apr 9

28 by coziitsu »»
Apr 14, 6:15 AM

Sticky: » Spring 2024 Power Ranking Committee Sign-ups

Hibbington - Mar 13

40 by HaXXspetten »»
Apr 13, 11:16 AM

Sticky: » [Toriyama Class] Power Ranking Committee Winter 2024: Part 4/4 FINALE

KANLen09 - Apr 9

1 by KANLen09 »»
Apr 9, 9:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.