Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 23, 2015 2:05 PM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Here is a collection of news briefs for the last week in anime/manga news. These briefs include announcements that would not normally receive their own news thread. Please check the News Board for previous major announcements. Last week's News Briefs can be found here.

Upcoming Anime

Aoharu x Kikanjuu
The main cast members for the TV series were announced. The series will premiere in Summer 2015.

Hotaru Tachibana: Mikako Komatsu
Masamune Matsuoka: Tomoaki Maeno
Tooru Yukimura: Yoshitsukgu Matsuoka

Source: Nekonotemo
Previous related news: Survival Game Manga 'Aoharu x Kikanjuu' Gets TV Anime

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Additional cast members were announced. The series is set to air in Summer 2015.

Mitsuhide Rouen: Yuuichirou Umehara
Kiki Seiran: Kaori Nazuka
Obi: Nobuhiko Okamoto
Ryuu: Yuuko Sanpei

Previous related news: Manga 'Akagami no Shirayuki-hime' Gets TV Anime Adaptation for Summer 2015

Gatchaman Crowds Insight
The official site revealed that the main staff will return for the sequel. New characters were also teased in a key visual. The series will premiere in Summer 2015.

Key visual:

Source: Official site
Previous related news: 'Gatchaman Crowds 2nd Season' to Premiere in 2015

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
The official website announced some cast and staff members, the studio, and released the first PV. The series will premiere in Summer 2015.

Cast
Youji Itami: Junichi Suwabe
Tuka Luna Marceau: Hisako Kanemoto
Lelei la Lalena: Nao Touyama
Rory Mercury: Risa Taneda

Staff
Director: Takahiko Kyogoku
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Character Design: Jun Nakai
Music: Yoshiaki Fujisawa
Series Composition: Tatsuhiko Urahata
Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki
Production: Genco

Theme Song Performers:
OP: Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets
ED: Rory (CV: Risa Taneda), Tuka (CV: Hisako Kanemoto), Lelei (CV: Nao Touyama)

Previous related news: Fantasy Series 'Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakeri' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

Haikyuu!!
A scan of Weekly Shounen Magazine's upcoming issue, which will be released on March 23, revealed that the Haikyuu!! anime movie will be split into two parts. The first part, titled Haikyuu!! Owari to Hajimari, will premiere on July 3. The second part, titled Haikyuu!! Shousha to Haisha, will premiere on September 18. It was also announced that the first part of the movie will include additional scenes.

The scan also revealed that the second season, Haikyuu!! 2, will premiere in Fall 2015.

Source: Scan via Yaraon, Tweet
Previous related news: 'Haikyuu!!' Gets Anime Movie

Jitsu wa Watashi wa
The cast and staff members, along with the studio, were announced. The series will premiere in Summer 2015.

Cast
Youko Shiragami: Yuu Serizawa
Nagisa Aizawa: Inori Minase
Mikan Akemi: Reina Ueda
Shiho Shishido: Aya Uchida
Akane Koumoto: Mao Ichimichi
Akari Koumoto: Emi Nitta

Staff
Director: Yasutaka Yamamoto
Studio: TMS Entertainment
Character Design: Hirotaka Marufuji
Series Composition: Kenichi Yamashita

Previous related news: Romantic Comedy Manga 'Jitsu wa Watashi wa' Gets TV Anime

Junjou Romantica 3
It was announced that the main cast and staff members from the previous season will return for season 3. The TV series will premiere in Summer 2015.

Previous related news: 'Junjou Romantica' to Get Third Season

Overlord
The official website announced the staff members and studio for the anime series. A PV was also released, and the series will premiere in Summer 2015.

Director: Naoyuki Itou
Studio: Madhouse
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Yoshimatsu Takahiro
Series Composition, Screenplay: Yukie Sugawara
Production: Overlord Production Committee

PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuNAPPcjDr4

Previous related news: Light Novel 'Overlord' Anime Project in Production

Owari no Seraph
Additional cast members for the TV series were announced.

Ashuramaru: Hibiku Yamamura
Lacus Weld: Takuma Nagatsuka
René Simm: Yuuichirou Umehara

Source: Ota-suke
Previous related news: News Briefs for Mar 9 - 15

Rokka no Yuusha
Staff members were announced through a new PV. The series will premiere in Summer 2015.

Director: Takeo Takahashi
Studio: Passione
Assistant Director: Sei Sanpei
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Sayaka Koiso
Music: Michiru Oshima
Series Composition: Tatsuhiko Urahata

Source: Moca
Previous related news: Light Novel 'Rokka no Yuusha' to Receive Anime Adaptation

Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
Additional cast members were announced for the series, which will begin to air in July 2015.

Raiki Gouriki: Kenta Miyake
Kosuri Onigashira: Yui Horie
Oboro Tsukimigusa: Sumire Uesaka
Binkan-chan: Yui Ogura

Source: Otakomu
Previous related news: Light Novel 'Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai' to Get Anime Adaptation

Shokugeki no Souma

Koujirou Shinomiya: Yuuichi Nakamura
Hinako Inui: Mamiko Noto
Gin Doujima: Taketo Koyasu

Source: Tweet
Previous related news: News Briefs for Mar 9 - 15

To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd
The second season was revealed to be a TV anime and that it will debut in Summer 2015.

Source: Yaraon

Wake Up, Girls! Zoku
It was announced that the movie would be split up into two parts and that it will premiere in September and December 2015.

Source: Animate

Yuru Yuri 3rd Season
The main staff members from Yuru Yuri Nachuyachumi! will return, as well as the original main cast. The official title of the third season will be Yuru Yuri San Hai!.

Source: Scan via ANN
Previous related news: 'Yuru Yuri' TV Anime Gets Third Season

Other Anime News

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) - Currently Airing

Gakushuu Asano: Mamoru Miyano
Akira Takaoka: Kenta Miyake

Source: Scan via ANN

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata - Currently Airing
It was announced that episodes 11 and 12 will air back-to-back on March 26.

Source: Fuji TV
myanimelistllcApr 1, 2016 4:39 AM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Mar 23, 2015 2:05 PM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Mar 23, 2015 2:10 PM

Jan 2012
that One Punch Man pv.

the QUALITY sucks .Cant believe its 2015 -I wonder what camera/phone he used

Mar 23, 2015 2:42 PM

Jun 2014
I can't wait for Haikyuu!! 2, fall is so far away.

Snow said:

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata - Currently Airing
It was announced that episodes 11 and 12 will air back-to-back on March 26.

Source: Fuji TV

That's cool.
Mar 23, 2015 2:48 PM

Mar 2014
Busy week, especially in regards to Summer.

That Gate key visual looks as generic as it gets and by A-1 no less, ugh, director is like... he directed Love Live and now he's doing this, so random.
I didn't have many expectations but whatever I had it's all gonne now, still gonna check it out.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa isn't looking that great either but probably watch it.

Gonna keep an eye out for Laplace, Lerche is kinda random but the staff is solid, for the most part, need some form of synopsis or anything really though.

Not much else, excited for Overlord, Rokka no Yuusha, Chaos Dragon, Fate/kaleid, Non Non, Gangsta, and others, Summer is looking great too.

Hopefully more news on Chain Chronicle soon.
Mar 23, 2015 2:49 PM

Nov 2011
It's still a few more months to go and Spring is pretty stacked but Summer looks like it has potential with titles like:

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Gatchaman Crowds Insight
Rokka no Yuusha

The OPM preview also looks fabulous!
Stark700Mar 23, 2015 5:03 PM
Mar 23, 2015 2:54 PM

Jan 2014
Didn't know Overlord was getting an anime hype!

Have to wait for fall for Haikyuu season 2...Oh and To Love Ru Darkness season 2 in summer,nice!
Mar 23, 2015 2:58 PM

Jan 2015
YAY Overlord and Shokugeki no Souma, i can't wait :)
Mar 23, 2015 3:35 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Summer slowly becoming really nice too.

Seriously, beside winter, 2015 looks fkin great so far.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 23, 2015 4:04 PM

May 2013
After watching the PVs those I can't wait to see :

Gate (Junichi-sama *_*) / Akagami (seems like another Akatsuki no Yona tho) / Gangsta ( I waited for this adaptation) /GITS (always good and so will this new one be I'm sure) / Non Non Biyori / Game of Laplace / Rokka no Yuusha / One Punch Man.

The one which really disappointed me 'cause it looks really cheap so I won't watch it :

Overlord.
Mar 23, 2015 4:11 PM

Aug 2011
Junjou Romantica's third season >>>>>>>>>>>>>

» Escapism.

Mar 23, 2015 4:21 PM

Sep 2014
I just want overlord. And Owari no Seraph.
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
Mar 23, 2015 4:48 PM

Feb 2011
AllenVonStein said:
that One Punch Man pv.

the QUALITY sucks .Cant believe its 2015 -I wonder what camera/phone he used

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-dWr3aoot4

HD Quality
Mar 23, 2015 4:49 PM

Apr 2014
Paulo27 said:
Rokka no Yuusha
u can take that hype and throw it away once i tell u this

the studio that did railwars is doing it
Mar 23, 2015 4:58 PM

Mar 2014
Moodie said:
Paulo27 said:
Rokka no Yuusha

That's all they have done though and the PV looks great, I'll have hope.
Mar 23, 2015 5:03 PM

Apr 2014
Paulo27 said:
Moodie said:

That's all they have done though and the PV looks great, I'll have hope.
i can see major faults with the quality of the pv but i wont judge right now i really hope its good cuz the LN surely is amazing
Mar 23, 2015 8:35 PM
Jun 2013
Oh gawd, spring season already so good and now I see some good series coming up in summer. Cant wait :)
Mar 23, 2015 8:36 PM

Dec 2013
So hyped for OPM
Mar 23, 2015 9:26 PM
Dec 2013
I'm looking forward to almost all of these, xD
Looking forward ot Overlord, Seraph of the End & Jitsu wa Watashi wa probably the most. :) (Havent seen Yuru Yuri yet tho).
Mar 23, 2015 10:50 PM

Nov 2013
Super duper excited for Game of Laplace.
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Mar 23, 2015 10:59 PM

Aug 2013
Hmmm lets see.

Gate: The seiyuu list is pretty good. It's being done by A-1, so you either love it or hate it already. I enjoy almost everything A-1 puts out that I happen to watch, so I have high expectations.

Also, Kishida Kyoudan & the Akeboshi Rockets?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? FUCK YES. Goddamn I love them. Cannot wait to hear this OP.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa: Beyond fucking pumped for this. So goddamn hilarious. Been waiting for an anime for so long.

The art looks pretty damn good. It looks like they polished it enough to make it accessible for a lot more people, but they didn't stray so far away that it looks entirely different. The colors look awesome too.

The studio and seiyuu list have me nervous. I've never watched a single goddamn thing by TMS, so I have no idea what to expect. Rolling through their page, they have quite a few VERY low scores.

And the seiyuus are all incredibly talented and all people who I enjoy, but as of now I really cant picture their voices with those characters. So I'm a bit nervous about that.

Overlord: I know nothing about it, but it looks cool. Saw the LN art on Haruhichan and it looked amazing. Madhouse's art looks different, but I still like it.

And it's being done by Madhouse. Which means 85-90% chance we get a pretty faithful adaptation. 99% chance it does well and we never see a sequel.

Rokka no Yuusha: Not sure. I thought the art in the preview looked fucking awesome. It has a bunny girl too.

Passione doesn't really have anything under their belt besides Rail Wars...which they got a lot of flack for. Buuuut...I love fanservice so I really enjoyed Rail Wars, plus the art was really damn good. It's hard to deny that.

Though, RnY has any uncensored ecchi, I'll be a bit worried. Especially after the one Rail Wars episode that was actually MORE uncensored on TV, and then for some fucking retarded reason not only did Passione keep it censored in the BD, but they made the censors worse.

Owari no Seraph: My hype for this show is literally off the charts...and it has been since it was announced. Literally everything I wished for with this show has happened so far
- 2 cour
- great studio
- Sawano OST
- godly fucking sieyuu cast. I can picture every seiyuu voicing the characters perfectly. Every voice fits so well.

And the sieyuu cast keeps getting better. I can definitely see Hibiku voicing Ashuramaru. Perfect voice: low enough to sound like a monotone demon, but just high enough to suit a demon loli.

hype hype hype hype hype.
Mar 24, 2015 12:06 AM

Jul 2013
Jonesy974 said:
Owari no Seraph: My hype for this show is literally off the charts...and it has been since it was announced. Literally everything I wished for with this show has happened so far
- 2 cour
- great studio
- Sawano OST
- godly fucking sieyuu cast. I can picture every seiyuu voicing the characters perfectly. Every voice fits so well.

And the sieyuu cast keeps getting better. I can definitely see Hibiku voicing Ashuramaru. Perfect voice: low enough to sound like a monotone demon, but just high enough to suit a demon loli.

^Same. And here's PV2 for maximum hype lol.

Mar 24, 2015 12:43 AM

Jan 2014
ohh so there is rokka no yuusha anime? i have only read 1 volume and it's pretty great. let's see how the anime are

and that one punch man pv looks good too
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Mar 24, 2015 1:31 AM

Jul 2013
EasyGo-er said:

Nerf Sawano pls. I'm hyped!
Mar 24, 2015 3:47 AM

Aug 2013
Hyped for OPM !

And i'm gonna keep a moderate expectation on Rokka no Yuusha and Overlord
Mar 24, 2015 4:19 AM

May 2012
A lot of good stuff. I think this year will be one of top years for anime.
Mar 24, 2015 6:13 AM

Jan 2013
The Ghost in the Shell pv was pretty cool despite it being basically 2 minutes recap and about 30 seconds of "new" material

Also RIP Rokka no Yuusha. Studio is blegh and the director a mixed bag. Only Spice and Wolf stands out. Rest of his credits are complete shit.
Mar 25, 2015 12:15 AM

Jun 2013
>> Gatchaman new characters were also teased in a key visual. The series will premiere in Summer 2015.

Who ???
If you refered to blonde-hair-like-girl
That wrong
He was Rui Ninomiya, main antagonist-turn-become-good-boy from season 1
No new character appear in key visual expect that new monster but is not character
Mar 25, 2015 3:31 AM
May 2012
Oh boy, lots of Animu to look forward to~
Mar 26, 2015 6:38 PM

Aug 2013
EasyGo-er said:
Jonesy974 said:
- 2 cour
- great studio
- Sawano OST

Staahhhp. All dis hype is bad for my heart.
Mar 27, 2015 12:30 AM

Jul 2013
Just 1 more week for all those Spring anime. The wait is killing me. xD

Mar 30, 2015 3:40 PM

Mar 2015
have they announced how many episodes the adaptation will be yet?
"This is how the world will end, not with a bang, but with a whimper." -T.S. Elliot
Mar 30, 2015 4:13 PM

Jul 2013
For Owari no Seraph, 12 eps for Spring and another 12 eps for Fall, making a total of 24 eps.

Apr 12, 2015 11:15 AM
Jun 2013
The only thing I hope is that they don't censor the one sided massacre, that the manga showed, as I am looking forward to a "justified slaughter." Unlike Code Geass, Kakumeiki Valvrave, or Cross Ange, as opposed to seeing a genocide of poor innocent people, I wish to see a one sided overkill scene that contains complete JUSTICE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuNAPPcjDr4
I will enjoy seeing the next "Log Horizon" anime, these sort of genres are quite popular.
Apr 14, 2015 11:11 AM

Feb 2013
I cant wait for this show
i need to catch up in the manga now
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Musicians Sayuri, Amaarashi Announce Marriage

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

2 by n4ytcg »»
36 minutes ago

» 'Trapezium' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

2 by Shirayukin »»
2 hours ago

» 'Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!' Reveals Lead Cast, Production Staff, First Promo for Summer 2024

Vindstot - Yesterday

9 by mshfqtny »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'S-Rank Monster no "Behemoth" dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet toshite Kurashitemasu' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Today

10 by DrHizzle »»
6 hours ago

» 'Tasogare Out Focus' Unveils Main Staff, Additional Cast, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Today

4 by Memore »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.