Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2015 1:24 PM

Dec 2014
I know the chances of another series is slim to nil, but I was thinking: If they did make an original Ronja sequel, what kind of sequel would you like to see? One that starts right where the series leaves off, one where Ronja and Birk are a little older, or one that takes place after they're grown and features their own children?
Mar 22, 2015 10:32 PM
Feb 2015
I know this is going to sound like a cop out, but hear me out. I'd vote for all three. But that's because as a writer I'd write a story that takes place in a time where Birk and Ronja are grown and have their own kids and told three interconnected stories. One of how they are struggling in the "now" to survive the trials in their lives. Another about their kids (or kid, if I went that route they'd have a boy), and another in flashbacks show their life when they were young. The flashback story would chronicle their first time living out the winter on their own. The "now" story would reflect on that Flashback story and be about Ronja and Birk living in the shadow of an oncoming war that threatens to impoverish them all (say they still live around the castle). And let's say that Ronja and Birk's kid is named Borka (after Birk's father), and he meets a girl from the enemy that's threatening to wage war against his people...
Mar 26, 2015 11:01 AM
Mar 2015
I sincerely believe that if Ronja was to have a sequel, it would have been pretty dark. I mean, Per outright states it - the times of the robbers are over, the sheriff will win in the end (and he will indeed) and Mattis is not about to give up that easily, if at all. Neither, of course, will the soldiers. The hopeful, positive side of me believes that Ronja would be able to convince her father to quit the dangerous business, but... yeah. It seems pretty grim, if you think about it.
Apr 5, 2015 7:32 AM
Jan 2015
Astrid did never want somebody to continue the story of here books. But if you give the heirs money it might happen, but is probably safer do a anime of Mio in the Land of Faraway or The Brothers Lionheart.
Apr 5, 2015 10:36 AM

Oct 2009
tellafus said:
Astrid did never want somebody to continue the story of here books. But if you give the heirs money it might happen, but is probably safer do a anime of Mio in the Land of Faraway or The Brothers Lionheart.

I don't think they will get permission to make an original sequel. If I remember correctly Ghibli wanted to make an adaption of Pippi Longstocking but Astrid said no. I think the reason they were able to do this anime was because Astrid has passed away and they were so faithful to the book.

Personally I hope they would do The Brothers Lionheart. I love the strong bond between the brothers and the fight for freedom although it's kind of dark and has some controversial themes for a children’s book but I'm sure it would work in Japan.

Apr 7, 2015 5:37 PM

Apr 2008
Does it even need one?

I don't think much will change from the lifestyle of the robbers. and if Astrid didn't want a sequel then she must've been satisfied.

More topics from this board

» Studio ghibli, really?

TimetravelrN8 - Dec 15, 2017

7 by Raiseii »»
Feb 17, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Sanzoku no Musume Ronja Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

43 by epidemia78 »»
Jul 2, 2022 1:15 PM

» Is this show good excluding the animation?

Supercuecaaa - May 30, 2020

1 by amarcioz »»
Aug 14, 2020 8:48 AM

Poll: » Sanzoku no Musume Ronja Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

20 by eski514 »»
Apr 19, 2018 5:42 PM

Poll: » Sanzoku no Musume Ronja Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

19 by eski514 »»
Apr 19, 2018 10:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.