Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 23, 2015 8:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
We've sunk to the level of complaining about lack of added BD bonus content now?

Lol ok, nice
Mar 23, 2015 8:54 AM

Dec 2014
HaXXspetten said:
We've sunk to the level of complaining about lack of added BD bonus content now?

Lol ok, nice

I think that's normal, given that it was deceptively advertised. If not for that there would not have been such an uproar in the first place, tbh
Mar 23, 2015 8:55 AM

Jul 2007
HaXXspetten said:

Lol ok, nice

It was falsely advertised to have it and the show SORELY NEED SIT.

So yes.
Mar 23, 2015 9:26 AM
Aug 2012
So those extra 90 minutes are mostly nothing at all.............

I thought when someone says extra 90 minutes they mean additional scenes not OSTs. Sigh the dumb Saber-pandering still goes on and Ufotable didn't fix their mess either.

Can someone please tell me why is it so hard to put some important monologues which are very much needed for a characters in a show?

Mar 23, 2015 9:39 AM

Nov 2013
Did the anime include an explaination on how the Throne of Heroes works? It needed to happen early on, if they put it in the second cour it will sound like a cheap last-minute excuse to justify Archer's identity...
Mar 23, 2015 9:45 AM

Jul 2007
Lollo36 said:
Did the anime include an explaination on how the Throne of Heroes works? It needed to happen early on, if they put it in the second cour it will sound like a cheap last-minute excuse to justify Archer's identity...

It is in next cour, source material-wise.

Chances are it will be cut.
Mar 23, 2015 9:58 AM

Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
HaXXspetten said:

Lol ok, nice

It was falsely advertised to have it and the show SORELY NEED SIT.

So yes.

Give this man a mic, put me, him, Miura and the Aniplex crew in a dark room, and I'll aim my shotgun at the heathen group while CookiingPriest adds insult to injury.
Mar 23, 2015 10:07 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
Lollo36 said:

So it happens twice? Once in fate route, and once in UBW? I'm going to check UBW to see when it happens exactly, it it happens really late I stand by my point: without the foreshadowing from Fate, it doesn't work as well as it should.
Mar 23, 2015 10:08 AM

Oct 2014
Lollo36 said:
CookingPriest said:

So it happens twice? Once in fate route, and once in UBW? I'm going to check UBW to see when it happens exactly, it it happens really late I stand by my point: without the foreshadowing from Fate, it doesn't work as well as it should.

Rin dreams about the throne stuff in the scene right before church things happen.

Search and lure / Infinite…

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20192/
Mar 23, 2015 10:10 AM

Jul 2013
WrongPriest said:
CarenPriest said:
So the timeframe is the same and there are few added scenes... Well, okay.

How about the sound? Any higher?

Reports are coming in that they cranked the sound. Which makes me feel pretty stupid for going on about how "It's totally fine, it compliments the scenes" when apparently now they turned it up it's so much better lol

Okay then, good~

God I feel like I should get away from MAL for some time just so I can stop listening to everyone's pessimism (Fai's especially). I thought the show was superbly awesome by Episode 12, but now that it's been months and people's opinions have been steadily degenerating, I feel like I'm being dragged downward into the pit of "this show is a horrible adaptation" too *sigh*
CarenPriestessMar 23, 2015 10:16 AM

Mar 23, 2015 10:12 AM

Oct 2014
It's not 3/10 'horrible' they just missed the mark with making Shirou's struggle with his ideal apparent and they made him bland imo. It will be interesting to see how Shirou is received in certain parts of the 2nd half.

It's like a 6.5 or 7 for me. I could have easily given it an 8 if they make Shirou more likable(and stop making him passive please), put in a couple monologues during his fight scenes to add context, and kept his Day 8 (episode 9?) monologue in.

If they had projection foreshadowing and more about his struggle with his ideal on top of that it's a 8.5/9

They had the source right infront of them to make a really really good show but they chose to change some things for seemingly no reason and they didn't develop Shirou well enough when it was all written out for them. We didn't need every single Shirou monologue just ones that show his struggle and add context to certain actions.
nocorrasMar 23, 2015 10:20 AM
Mar 23, 2015 10:23 AM

Feb 2009
CarenPriest said:
WrongPriest said:

Reports are coming in that they cranked the sound. Which makes me feel pretty stupid for going on about how "It's totally fine, it compliments the scenes" when apparently now they turned it up it's so much better lol

Okay then, good~

God I feel like I should get away from MAL for some time just so I can stop listening to everyone's pessimism (Fai's especially). I thought the show was superbly awesome by Episode 12, but now that it's been months and people's opinions have been steadily degenerating, I feel like I'm being dragged downward into the pit of "this show is a horrible adaptation" too *sigh*

For me, at least, it isn't the quality of the show itself (my stance on that is same as before), but rather the way Miura and co. are handling it. I mean, it would have been still bad if they had cut the important parts and put them in BDs or something, but apparently they don't give a fuck. Add to that this 90 min move they did and there's a salt mine to be had.

I'll bring extra supply of popcorn for the Answer episode.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 23, 2015 11:38 AM

May 2012
CookingPriest said:
Grey-Zone said:

But the greatest BS here must probably the fact that 4/10 is also Fai's score for the DEENubwMovie. Holy S**t, now that's just BS.

As I said there are no differences between the two now.
Except ufo's prettier so it will get 5 not 4 once salt subsides.

First half problems with ubwmovie remain here. Monologuees, characterization, explanations, etc, still missing. For anime only it would look like as if they took the movie and added eating scenes.

Right NOOOOOOOOOOOO differences right? Although overall ratings include everything including, sound, art/visuals, story, ect... So yea absolutely NOOO difference at all right Fai.

Seriously i'm with Grey-zone on this one, all i've seen in the past 10 pages is CP and HP whining, which is what they've always been doing.

They even resorted to saying "if people's opinions sway your enjoyment, you should stop talking to people" even though Fai himself now hates the adaptation because he spent his time on reddit/youtube ect reading people's bitching which swayed his opinion.

before he says no it didn't let's not forget all the evidence that's been brought up against him, where he says a certain episode was done well and now he's complaining about the very episode.
Mar 23, 2015 12:28 PM

Oct 2014
Another thing that could have been inserted somewhere or even in the BD if they really had to.: http://imgur.com/a/a42SD

Na we get 5 and half minutes of new content. 30 seconds of it is Archer carrying Fujinee and Rin carrying Shirou. 3 minutes of it is RM talk which probably should have been in the broadcast version. Another 3 was the church walk which was ok to put in the BD I guess.

Would have been cool to get the projection talk in the BD with Rin sneaking in the shed on day 11 and Shirou basically saying that projection is easier than strengthening for him. But nope we got no new scenes that really add anything to Shirou's character which already feels bland and hollow.
nocorrasMar 23, 2015 12:31 PM
Mar 23, 2015 12:37 PM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
Another thing that could have been inserted somewhere or even in the BD if they really had to.: http://imgur.com/a/a42SD

Na we get 5 and half minutes of new content. 30 seconds of it is Archer carrying Fujinee and Rin carrying Shirou. 3 minutes of it is RM talk which probably should have been in the broadcast version. Another 3 was the church walk which was ok to put in the BD I guess.

Would have been cool to get the projection talk in the BD with Rin sneaking in the shed on day 11 and Shirou basically saying that projection is easier than strengthening for him. But nope we got no new scenes that really add anything to Shirou's character which already feels bland and hollow.

and its ont like most of scenes are 5+ minute long.

A 2 second scene indicating Shirou is trolling Rin about lunch would have sufficed( a "smirk" or a "hehe" or whatever the fuck)
A 3 second scene of Shirou dodging archer being clearer would have sufficed.
A 15 second scene of i don't deserve this monologue in 12 would have sufficed
A 5 second fucking "I always idolized rin" sentence in prologue would have sufficed
A 20 second rooftop exctension of Shirou talking about rin's tsun would have sufficed
A 15 second scene of Shirou noticing the strings tightening would have sufficed.
A 5 second VOICEOVER of "sacrifice taiga'would have sufficed.
a 0 second ADDITIONAL VOICE OVER of "I don't want to be a burden to him" in temple fight would have sufficed
A 20 second scene of shirou layig out a plan to get to sed "I need to get to the shed, i have to dodge when i crash out of the window" scene would have sufficed
A 30 second fire flashback during boundary field incident when he is in the classroom would have sufficed.
A 5 second "this is fishy, I should not be able to dodge this" in rider fight would have sufficed.

Here, I improved the anime up to 7/10 with MERE TWO FUCKING MINUTES OF FOOTAGE UFO.
Mar 23, 2015 12:52 PM

Feb 2010
How DARE they cut monologues right ? Shirou is god and there is no overused information in this perfect VN
Mar 23, 2015 12:53 PM

Oct 2014
The only way they could possibly get away with not adding the monologue about "I don't want to be a burden" is if they adapted Fate route and expected you to have that knowledge.

It's like someone read the VN once and missed some very important parts. I can't think of an excuse for them to not have the burden monologue.

ZangetsuPriest said:
How DARE they cut monologues right ? Shirou is god and there is no overused information in this perfect VN

Yep lets cut a one line monologue so that Shirou looks like an idiot. No one is asking for every monologue. I wanted 1-2 lines in his fights to add context. I wanted the episode 9 monologue that already exists to actually be good. I wanted a couple of things about his struggle with his ideal. I wanted him to not be changed into a passive bland character.

I hate when people bring up 'omg so many monologues in VN' NO ONE is asking for Shirou to be a walking monologue machine.
nocorrasMar 23, 2015 12:56 PM
Mar 23, 2015 4:20 PM
Mar 2014
We get the anime is bad compared to the VN but do you really need all that anger?
it is not first or last bad adaptation and comparing it to Deen is laughable
i mean it ranks 52 and deen is at 1065
you are just making it a big deal and no one said that there will be 90 min extra contents it was a guess i saw here first
Mar 23, 2015 4:29 PM

Jul 2007
Adab1za said:
We get the anime is bad compared to the VN but do you really need all that anger?
you are just making it a big deal and no one said that there will be 90 min extra contents it was a guess i saw here first

"90 Minutes of additional footage" is how Aniplex worded it. Not us.
Mar 23, 2015 4:39 PM

Oct 2014
Adab1za said:

At least we now know Aniplex will be misleading to sell box sets.
Mar 26, 2015 4:03 PM
Oct 2014
I agree with the saltiness. Saying 90 mins of extra content when 70+ mins was the OST is a slap in the face. If it was like F/Z where they had extra videos it "may" have been forgivable, but not this.

But honestly, 90 mins of all new ep footage was a huge stretch. I couldn't believe it when I first heard it and wow I'm sad I was right about my skepticism.
Mar 26, 2015 4:19 PM

May 2014
CookingPriest said:
Adab1za said:

"90 Minutes of additional footage" is how Aniplex worded it. Not us.

No it wasn't, It was math with the BD running time. Don't put things inside quotes when they're not quotes lol
Mar 26, 2015 4:20 PM

Sep 2014
forestgreen said:
I agree with the saltiness. Saying 90 mins of extra content when 70+ mins was the OST is a slap in the face. If it was like F/Z where they had extra videos it "may" have been forgivable, but not this.

But honestly, 90 mins of all new ep footage was a huge stretch. I couldn't believe it when I first heard it and wow I'm sad I was right about my skepticism.
t. as i recall though somewhere there was a thing about how episodes had to be shaved down to fit into the air slot and this is a big part of were the BD content hype was coming from..... since the fan complains could have been fixed with probably a quarter of that 90 min maybe even less and some of that time could have gona to tiger dojo's which would have been pro.
Mar 27, 2015 2:28 AM

Jul 2007
Maloghurst said:
forestgreen said:

t. as i recall though somewhere there was a thing about how episodes had to be shaved down to fit into the air slot and this is a big part of were the BD content hype was coming from..... since the fan complains could have been fixed with probably a quarter of that 90 min maybe even less and some of that time could have gona to tiger dojo's which would have been pro.

- Yes multiple interviews talked how episodes had to be cut down.
- The advertisment was AIRTIME OF UNCUT EPISODES.
- Airtime did NOT include OST in aniplex previous releases of bothF/Z and KNK

So this is a scamno matter how you lookat it.

this whole adaptation is a scam
Mar 28, 2015 12:27 AM

Sep 2014
Well, I just finished listening to the OST. Miura dun goofed big time. Fukusawa nailed it and I heard 0 of it in the airing
Mar 28, 2015 1:41 AM

Mar 2015
OutsideDecorator said:
Well, I just finished listening to the OST. Miura dun goofed big time. Fukusawa nailed it and I heard 0 of it in the airing

ffs he wasted the very best (imo) track, Unlimited Blade Works. It only plays in previews and the ending of Prologue, and even then it's not the whole track.
Mar 28, 2015 6:37 AM

Oct 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
OutsideDecorator said:

ffs he wasted the very best (imo) track, Unlimited Blade Works. It only plays in previews and the ending of Prologue, and even then it's not the whole track.

I think it's reserved for cour 2. If you ask me I'd say it it will play during the scene, where in the VN "Into the Night" played.
Mar 28, 2015 8:11 AM

May 2011
when i listened to the soundtrack i was thinking: why the heck people sayid it was a bad soundtrack: ITS FREAKING AWESOME !
Mar 28, 2015 8:17 AM

Oct 2014
normalpriest said:
when i listened to the soundtrack i was thinking: why the heck people sayid it was a bad soundtrack: ITS FREAKING AWESOME !

Because we didn't know it existed in the broadcast version.
Mar 28, 2015 8:34 AM

Jul 2013
OutsideDecorator said:

Well, I recall hearing Fist of Awakening, and the lovely Berserkerstep music Souls to Fight was mentioned a lot.

But apart from that, nothing =I

Ah, how I wish I could watch those BDs already just so I can hear the lovely soundtrack better.

Mar 28, 2015 8:47 AM

Oct 2014
I can clearly remember every OST used in fights, including those which are not in the first OST. I also recognise the tracks used in certain other moments, like Saber summoning, or EP0 ED.

I usually don't remember tracks that are used in peacful moments, neither do I really look forward to them all that much. And I doubt most other people would be different in that regard.
Mar 28, 2015 10:52 AM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
normalpriest said:

Because we didn't know it existed in the broadcast version.

^This
Barring berserkerstep and RIn's battle track not a single track could be heard in broadcast version
Mar 28, 2015 10:55 AM

May 2009
I heard plenty of tracks. But I always thought the soundtrack was too subtle.
Mar 28, 2015 10:58 AM

Sep 2013
stAtic91 said:
I heard plenty of tracks. But I always thought the soundtrack was too subtle.

A bit, but there's some great pieces still :DD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2015 11:00 AM

Feb 2015
I am just patiently waitng for another version of

Mar 28, 2015 11:19 AM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
^This
Barring berserkerstep and RIn's battle track not a single track could be heard in broadcast version

Cool, I must have super-human hearing then!
Mar 28, 2015 6:33 PM

May 2011
you people must put your headphones LOUDER ! i heard all of them... (not as clear of couse in the ost, and i agree the music was too low but stil , i didn't ignored it)
Mar 28, 2015 6:36 PM

Jan 2015
I hope they have added game of thrones level sex scenes
I hope my post goes unnoticed
Mar 28, 2015 8:11 PM

Nov 2010
normalpriest said:
you people must put your headphones LOUDER ! i heard all of them... (not as clear of couse in the ost, and i agree the music was too low but stil , i didn't ignored it)

I can hear voices perfectly at 5/40 of my hi-fi's volume.
To hear music most of the times in an episode, I need to raise the volume to at least 15/40, on which levels character voices and SFX are ear shattering. (Archer and Fist of Desperate~Awakening are only exceptions)
And no, it's not the codec issue nor the speaker issue, as the problem only manifested with UBW TV.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Mar 28, 2015 8:21 PM

May 2014
Obviously the sound was enough of an issue for them to make it noticeably louder in the BDs, wether it was mixing or w/e

Grapekiwi said:
I hope they have added game of thrones level sex scenes

I agree completely, the incest content in this show is lacking. I'm looking at you

I hope my post goes unnoticed

DENIED
Mar 28, 2015 9:05 PM

Oct 2014
I am just speaking for myself here, but, at the first time I listened to the OST, from the 27 tracks I was able to immidietly recognise 17 tracks, from which there were 13 tracks where I could immdietly remember at least 1 specific scene it played in. This does not include the 2-3 tracks which I recognised, but are not included in the released first cour OST.

The tracks which I didn't recognise were about 75% "background noise", i.e. the kind of tracks I usually forget anyway, as they don't leave any impression on me, which are usually played during "peaceful conversations" and the like, so for me there were maybe 3 tracks at worst which I "should" have recognised, but forgot about. I think that speaks for itself... Not to mention that in the usual case I would only remember 5 tracks at best.

So no, the anime did not fail to make me notice the OST and I did not consider it as "too quiet" either. Well, I'll see how it will be like when I watch the BDs. Maybe I'll change my opinion about that slightly (It could, and probably is, better in the BD version), but it does not change my impression that it was fine as it was.
Mar 29, 2015 3:24 AM

Jul 2007
Aurioch said:
normalpriest said:

I can hear voices perfectly at 5/40 of my hi-fi's volume.
To hear music most of the times in an episode, I need to raise the volume to at least 15/40, on which levels character voices and SFX are ear shattering. (Archer and Fist of Desperate~Awakening are only exceptions)
And no, it's not the codec issue nor the speaker issue, as the problem only manifested with UBW TV.

^This

The only way to hear music in broadcast version is to turn up volume so high that you can hear sfx and voices literally shattering your headphones or speaker.

i have fucking 5.1 set up in a room and even then when I turn it to the sound levels that allow to hear the ost, I can hear all the speakers vibrating and almost breaking from everything else.

The mixing issue is annoying. Evebn though with Miura's comments on how "music would ruin the graveyard scene" I doubt it is mixing issue.
Mar 29, 2015 3:36 AM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:

The mixing issue is annoying. Evebn though with Miura's comments on how "music would ruin the graveyard scene" I doubt it is mixing issue.

This. This above all I'm rather sore about. Miura not using Ever-present Feeling in the GY scene is ridiculous. Really, EpF spoils the mood? Really Miura?

I say he's just trying to feed his ego and make his adaptation unique and different and stuff. But when you take out an iconic track and put nothing in its place, you're asking for a disaster.
Mar 29, 2015 4:20 AM

May 2011
Grey-Zone said:
I am just speaking for myself here, but, at the first time I listened to the OST, from the 27 tracks I was able to immidietly recognise 17 tracks, from which there were 13 tracks where I could immdietly remember at least 1 specific scene it played in. This does not include the 2-3 tracks which I recognised, but are not included in the released first cour OST.

The tracks which I didn't recognise were about 75% "background noise", i.e. the kind of tracks I usually forget anyway, as they don't leave any impression on me, which are usually played during "peaceful conversations" and the like, so for me there were maybe 3 tracks at worst which I "should" have recognised, but forgot about. I think that speaks for itself... Not to mention that in the usual case I would only remember 5 tracks at best.

So no, the anime did not fail to make me notice the OST and I did not consider it as "too quiet" either. Well, I'll see how it will be like when I watch the BDs. Maybe I'll change my opinion about that slightly (It could, and probably is, better in the BD version), but it does not change my impression that it was fine as it was.

finally someone who has an objectively better ears than most of people !
Mar 29, 2015 4:34 AM

Jul 2007
OneTrueEmiya said:
CookingPriest said:

This. This above all I'm rather sore about. Miura not using Ever-present Feeling in the GY scene is ridiculous. Really, EpF spoils the mood? Really Miura?

I say he's just trying to feed his ego and make his adaptation unique and different and stuff. But when you take out an iconic track and put nothing in its place, you're asking for a disaster.

There was already a person who made FSN adaptation be "unique" and "original"...

it was called DEEN FSN.
Mar 29, 2015 6:40 AM

May 2011
the amount of bullshit on the subforum of MAL on FSN is killing me, now people are really comparing deen to ufo fsn ?!
Mar 29, 2015 6:54 AM

Oct 2014
Sephcloud said:
the amount of bullshit on the subforum of MAL on FSN is killing me, now people are really comparing deen to ufo fsn ?!

Go read about these wonderful changes we're supposedly getting in the first 3 episodes. If those 3 are as bad as has been said I don't have a lot of hope for the remainder of episodes.
Mar 29, 2015 7:00 AM

Mar 2015
nocorras said:
Sephcloud said:

Go read about these wonderful changes we're supposedly getting in the first 3 episodes. If those 3 are as bad as has been said I don't have a lot of hope for the remainder of episodes.

^Precisely.

Where. Is. My. Everpresent-Feeling.

Also, fanservice, no development for Shirou, Rin-intellect pandering and of course, taking off some Winter Forest scenes in exchange for lolZero callbacks.
Mar 29, 2015 11:20 AM

May 2011
OneTrueEmiya said:
nocorras said:

^Precisely.

Where. Is. My. Everpresent-Feeling.

Also, fanservice, no development for Shirou, Rin-intellect pandering and of course, taking off some Winter Forest scenes in exchange for lolZero callbacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHDQLpyS7c4
... this is my answer to all that bull
Mar 29, 2015 11:38 AM

Feb 2009
Flashy animation is your answer?

Also, how is any of that bull? That's straight info from pre-screening. Or is it another one of those "No, no, guys. It won't be that bad, you'll see!"

Been there, done that.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.