Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 21, 2015 4:52 PM

Nov 2007
Warning: This release may be unstable. It's unlikely to cause anything catastrophic, but I'd recommend regular users to wait for the stable release instead. Otherwise, take a backup of your old Taiga directory before upgrading, just in case. Also note that this build doesn't work on Windows XP, as I'm planning to drop XP support with v1.2.

Download where?
You can download the latest beta release from here. Don't forget to read the changelog! It's pretty long, but worthy of your attention.

Do what?
The new anime recognition engine is very likely to have some bugs. There are at least two important issues that I'm aware of, but I didn't want to delay the release any further. Other than that, everything you see in the changelog is something you can test. Just make sure to report any issues under this thread, rather than using the general bug-report thread or club comments.

Till when?
The current plan is to end the beta period on April 5th, 2015.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 22, 2015 3:27 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
thanks for release, anime recognition is a bit odd indeed. (e.g Aldnoah 2nd season)
Mar 22, 2015 5:52 AM

Nov 2007
Does it work for you? Aldnoah.Zero #13-24 is mapped to Aldnoah.Zero 2 #1-12, so that episode 13 and beyond should be identified correctly. If it doesn't work, let me know the filenames and I'll look into it.
Mar 22, 2015 6:25 AM
Apr 2012
Taiga does only start minimized to tray if the option "Minimize to tray" has been checked. Otherwise it will appear minimized in the task bar. Is that behavior intended?
Mar 22, 2015 6:58 AM

Nov 2007
Yes, it's intended. If "Minimize to tray" option is disabled, Taiga never gets minimized to tray, at startup or otherwise.
Mar 22, 2015 2:00 PM
Sep 2011

• “Ignore files outside of library folders” does not work when playing MP3 or FLAC files in MPC-HC.
  • Some items in the “Continue watching” section don't have any text. (https://i.imgur.com/hv1xXQq.png)
  • It is not possible to move the airing status column.
Mar 22, 2015 3:24 PM

Nov 2007
Thanks, I fixed the first two issues now. The third one is intentional, though. Due to a technical limitation, Taiga's unable to display the icons properly when the column is moved away, so I had to lock its position. This is something I'd like to tackle some other time.
Mar 23, 2015 11:03 AM
Sep 2011
Had some more time to check out the beta today. Here's what I found:

[Tsundere] Black Rock Shooter - 01 [BDRip h264 1920x1080 10bit FLAC][286C6D82].mkv
The other episodes (2-8) are being recognized just fine, but this one isn't despite following the same naming convention.

[GotWoot] Mirai Nikki - 01 [10-bit][9EEE500E].mkv
[GotWoot] Mirai Nikki - 02 [10-bit][A9B0C679].mkv
Epsiode 1 is recognized as Mirai Nikki OVA, all other epsiodes are recognized correctly when opened in a player but not when scanning for available episodes.

Yosuga no Sora: Taiga plays “Bonus/[ANE] Yosuga no Sora - Ep01 Preview (Yorihime ver) [BDRip 1080p x264 FLAC].mkv” instead of “[ANE] Yosuga no Sora - Ep01v2 [BDRip 1080p x264 FLAC].mkv”

Sankarea: Episode 00 is opened when trying to play episode 1.

Taiga sometimes opens audio files (e.g. audio commentary of an anime). I think you already fixed that, but I suggest adding .mka as an invalid extension.

When one anime entry is selected and I middle click on a different one, the assigned action is applied to the first.
Mar 23, 2015 11:06 AM
Dec 2012
"Continue watching" seems like a weird thing to call it, since it also displays finished shows. Didn't it use to say "Recently watched", or am I imagining things?
Mar 23, 2015 12:59 PM

Mar 2014
Ooglogput said:
"Continue watching" seems like a weird thing to call it, since it also displays finished shows. Didn't it use to say "Recently watched", or am I imagining things?
To not clog up this list I'd also recommend disabling/hiding airing shows if Taiga doesn't think the next episode is out yet (when a episode is release it'd show up again), I'd usually fill this with airing shows which I was caught up to and since they didn't have a new episode out it'd basically make the whole thing have a lot of entries you couldn't actually continue, obviously this would sorta of break if there was a problem with the broadcasting (like a recap or skip a week) and Taiga ended up thinking an episode was out when it wasn't but I'd still prefer to have an entry that I can't continue than have a ton of them like that.

Or another option would be so an entry only appears on that list if the episode is available on your computer, I think that'd work better.
Mar 24, 2015 3:37 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
The beta is great, thanks for your continued work on this app.

I've just noticed something that might be a bug. I use the Middle Mouse Click to launch the next episode of an entry on my Currently Watching List. If I Click once on entry A on the list so that it's selected but Middle Click entry B, Taiga tries to launch the next episode for entry A instead of B. I don't think this has happened before. Could you look into it?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 25, 2015 3:43 PM
Jun 2014
i updated to the beta version and KMPlayer does not get recognized by Taiga or any other player I am using. :(
Still, good joOB. Really loving the beta so far. Can not wait for the official release! :D
Mar 25, 2015 5:45 PM
Dec 2012
other than two error messages about not reading media or something the beta went in fine.

when it comes to the anime seasons should we not be in Spring 2015 by now
Mar 26, 2015 2:43 PM
Dec 2012
just noticed with the beta and editing the start date and end date for when you watched a title it does not allow for anything before the year 2015 when i typed in 2014 for some titles it changes to 2015.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4u1vh8skox14sp/one.png?dl=0
title did not matter even one i set with mal back in the day came up with 2015.
lordmageMar 26, 2015 2:48 PM
Mar 31, 2015 12:49 PM
Mahou☆Shoujo

Apr 2011
It crashes sometimes, when I delete .torrents in my torrent-client. (not the downloaded files, just the completed torrents entries)
Mar 31, 2015 3:36 PM
Apr 2012
Sometimes, Taiga will recognize

[B-G_&_m.3.3.w]_Myself_Yourself_12.DVD(H.264_DD2.0)_[CB2B37F1].mkv

as episode 3. The episode itself does not matter, it occurs with all files. It gets it right most of the times, but just sometimes it will end up thinking I'm watching episode 3. This is really strange. I noticed this while I was zapping through the files using MPC-BE's next/previous button. I'm not sure whether it also occurs when just playing a specific file.

http://abload.de/img/untitleds6yky.png
Mar 31, 2015 6:34 PM
Apr 2014
erengy said:
Does it work for you? Aldnoah.Zero #13-24 is mapped to Aldnoah.Zero 2 #1-12, so that episode 13 and beyond should be identified correctly. If it doesn't work, let me know the filenames and I'll look into it.

Taiga seems to have confused itself on this point. I recently changed to a new computer and I just installed the beta.

I set the folder for the second season of Aldnoah but instead Taiga decided to scour the root/library folder and claimed the first season folder for Aldnoah S2. So I tried to set the entry for the first season to the first season folder and it doesn't recognize it when I try to play the first episode.

Instead the second season entry will play the first season episodes and nothing will play the second season episodes. So I'm not sure what you did but it didn't fix it.

If I'm not being obvious, playing season 2 ep 7 from Taiga plays season 1 ep 7.
Playing season 1 ep 1 says "could not find episode #1" even though it's set to the right folder.

File names:
[Vivid-Watashi] Aldnoah Zero - 07 [9FA35A09]
[Vivid-Watashi] Aldnoah Zero - 19 [94786460]

Does the first cour have to be in the same folder? Because I have them in separate folders right now. Never mind, first I put all the season 1 episodes into the season 2 folder and it didn't change anything.

Then I put all the season 2 episodes into the season 1 folder and it didn't change anything.

Is there any way to reset the folder for the season 2 entry? Maybe then it'll read season 1 as being set correctly

Also currently, after I exit from the information page after having changed something there, Taiga loses focus and it'll jump behind whatever window was open behind that. Is that a design choice or a bug? It did that before the beta but I just forgot to say anything about it.
Mar 31, 2015 6:55 PM

Mar 2014
Can't you make it so we can link series ourselves?
Like, in the alternative titles for Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season we could add 'Aldnoah.Zero "13~24"/"13+"' and Taiga would associate what's between "s to the episodes and start counting from 13 and associate the rest to the title, this would be a great improvement over the current system if it's possible to implement.

•Taiga now ignores filenames with certain keywords (e.g. "ED", "OP").
I had a "OP-ED" folder inside a folder with all the video files for a series and Taiga still went after the "OP-ED" folder instead of the main one.
I'm not sure but this might have happened because those files were created first but still, unless Taiga doesn't ignore "ED1", "OP2", etc, this probably shouldn't have happened.
Files names for ED/OP:
[Elysium]To.Aru.Kagaku.no.Railgun.ED1(BD.720p.Hi10P.AAC)[BE4728E2].mkv
[Elysium]To.Aru.Kagaku.no.Railgun.ED2(BD.720p.Hi10P.AAC)[E4B5C671].mkv
[Elysium]To.Aru.Kagaku.no.Railgun.OP1(BD.720p.Hi10P.AAC)[78D20587].mkv
[Elysium]To.Aru.Kagaku.no.Railgun.OP2(BD.720p.Hi10P.AAC)[1B3C1688].mkv
Episodes:
[Elysium]To.Aru.Kagaku.no.Railgun.EP01(BD.720p.Hi10P.AAC)[EBA3B1F1].mkv
etc
Might have been because of odd naming too, don't really know in this case.
Paulo27Mar 31, 2015 7:39 PM
Apr 1, 2015 6:39 AM

Mar 2014
Taiga doesn't recognize the following:
The.Animatrix.08.A.Detective.Story.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ESiR.mkv
Every other file has the same naming format.
Thing is, Taiga does know The Animatrix is playing when I play the file (it recognizes it on Now Playing) but on the Progress bar episode 8's space is light grey and I can't use the play next episode option when I reach episode 7.

Another thing is that Taiga searchs for the letters you type, please change this to how it was, being able to press a key and jump to the entry that started on that key is really useful.
Paulo27Apr 1, 2015 1:51 PM
Apr 2, 2015 5:16 AM

Aug 2008
Thanks for the release.

I have found a couple of problems (at least on my pc) and a strange, little bug (not really important).

1) Taiga doesn't handle the continued numbering of JoJo episodes (HorribleSubs release). maybe it's me who doesn't know how to make Taiga recognize them, at the moment I keep renaming files to be a separate season (I made a small script to do this)

2) in torrents search right click -> quick filters -> select this fansub group...
sometimes doesn't work (again with Jojo, and with Kantai collection). With other series usually works (obviously with series that I don't care about setting a filter now...)

3) the little strange bug.
Opening one of the menus at the top (File, services etc), and hovering the mouse on other menu doesn't open those other menu, the first menu opened remains open.
BUT not always.
I have a dual 1920x1080 display, on win8.1 pro x64, and the right one is the main display. The bug is visible only if the right display is the main one AND taiga is on the left display.
Apr 4, 2015 11:15 AM

Mar 2014
Paulo27 said:
Taiga doesn't recognize the following:
The.Animatrix.08.A.Detective.Story.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ESiR.mkv
Every other file has the same naming format.
Thing is, Taiga does know The Animatrix is playing when I play the file (it recognizes it on Now Playing) but on the Progress bar episode 8's space is light grey and I can't use the play next episode option when I reach episode 7.

Something similar is happening with another entry.
"Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season" isn't added to the relations and HS is counting the 2nd Season from episode 13 so I did the same trick that I did with Aldnoah last season, since there's no episode count yet I set the entry to 12 episodes (and set "Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV)" as an alternative title) and downloaded the 13th episode and Taiga detected it fine but when I try to play it Taiga doesn't try to play the 13th episode but the first episode of the entry, setting the episode count to 0 obviously doesn't work because Taiga detects the episode as the 13th in the entry. My guess is that Taiga thinks this entry only has 12 episodes eventhough no episode count is set (this didn't happen with Aldnoah last season so I'm guessing you might have changed something that made it like this).
If I play the episode manually Taiga detects it fine and says the entry is playing normally, just can't play past episode 12 from Taiga.
Here's a screenshot, this is when I try to play next episode.

A wild guess could that it was set to 12 episodes before and even after it was changed Taiga still thinks it's 12 but that seems unlikely, I did check the anime.xml file and no episode count there.
Paulo27Apr 4, 2015 11:19 AM
Apr 4, 2015 12:28 PM
Feb 2009
There might be a conflict with using relation rules and alternative titles.

Using this rule for Fate:

{
	"name": "Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) -> ~ 2nd Season",
	"rule": "22297|7882:13-? -> 28701|10052:1-?"
}

And then putting Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) as an alternative title to be searched for makes it so Taiga ignores the rule and thinks that, for example, episode 13 is the 13th episode of Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season and not the first one. Removing the alternative title fixes that, but breaks the torrent search.
Neo_PlayerApr 4, 2015 4:53 PM
Apr 4, 2015 1:10 PM
Jun 2014
I have made filter to download some winter and spring anime with 1080p and 720p and I have not added any fansub group because it does not matter to me. But when the episode is out Taiga does not download the episode automatically no matter how long i wait. I have to manually download it. Can you please check into this issue? :(
Apr 4, 2015 2:52 PM

Mar 2014
TayyabKhalid said:
I have made filter to download some winter and spring anime with 1080p and 720p and I have not added any fansub group because it does not matter to me. But when the episode is out Taiga does not download the episode automatically no matter how long i wait. I have to manually download it. Can you please check into this issue? :(
Post screenshots of your filters.
There's also the chance that Taiga can't find the episode because of the names not matching but I haven't run into that problem this season yet so it's probably not that (to confirm this you can disable all your filters and refresh the torrents and see if the episode shows up then).
Apr 4, 2015 3:55 PM
Jun 2014
I took your advice and disabled the filter, then enabled them once again and it seems to do the trick! So thank you! :D
Apr 5, 2015 9:19 AM

Nov 2007
Released v1.2.0-beta2:

Changelog:
- Added Spring 2015 season data.
- Updated Winter 2015 season data.
- Improved anime recognition in certain circumstances.
- Updated anime relations for episode redirection (e.g. FSN UBW S2).
- Fixed a bug where Taiga did not ignore invalid anime types and file extensions.
- Fixed a bug where the next episode path became invalid after removing a related history item.
- Fixed a bug where streaming media detection did not work as intended.
- Another attempt at fixing KMPlayer detection...
- Limited the number of entries displayed on delete-anime confirmation dialog.
- First section of Now Playing page now displays an anime only if the next episode is available in library folders.
- Dropped titles are no longer displayed at Now Playing page.
- Series at the bottom sections of Now Playing page are now clickable and listed horizontally.
- Fixed a bug where Taiga's main window was not positioned as intended at startup.
- Fixed a bug where empty items were listed on Now Playing page.
- Fixed a bug where middle-clicking on Anime List did not work as intended.
- Fixed a bug where Anime List column order got mixed up with hidden columns.
- Fixed a bug where dragging an Anime List column into same position caused it to disappear.

Overall, I managed to fix some of the issues previously mentioned in this thread, but didn't have the time to look into all of them. Will try to continue working on the remaining issues later this week, and hopefully end the beta period soon after.
Apr 5, 2015 9:46 AM
Jan 2008
Thanks for the new beta!

A few thoughts about the Now Playing page - thank you very much for the " Dropped titles are no longer displayed at Now Playing page. " I am missing one thing, though - a reminder to give a score to the finished anime. That's the main problem.

On the other hand, a feature request? Add some info about the history? Like last wacthed/finished anime.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.
Apr 5, 2015 11:50 AM
Sep 2011
Thanks for the new release.

I like the changes to the new now playing page, but now instead of being cluttered up with finished anime, it's full of on hold anime. I'd rather it only showed stuff I'm currently watching.

Also found some bugs:
1) Files that don't have an episode number in their name (like movies) are no longer recognized (this worked in beta1).
2) Some files outside of the root folders are not ignored. It seems like if the file has an extension that is not one of the valid or invalid extensions, it is not ignored.
3) Files with invalid extensions (such as flac and mka) that are inside a root folder are not ignored.
Example file name: Kin-iro Mosaic - Ep01 (BD 720p) [Kirakira] [B7B6FC38] Commentary.mka
4) Another instance of episode 1 not being recognized: [FFF] Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai - 01 [BD][1080p-FLAC][8CBFE6DA].mkv
5) (not really a bug but) I think the columns should resize when the window is resized/maximized/restored. (iirc it was like this in v1.1)
6) When I change the folder in the anime information dialog and then click OK, Taiga minimizes (it has been like this before the beta too)
Apr 6, 2015 6:19 AM

Mar 2014
Thanks for another update.

Paulo27 said:
This issue still remains, can't play past episode 12.
The problem with the 8th episode of Animatrix is also still there, Taiga won't detect it eventhough it recognizes it when it's playing.

While this is nice it really shouldn't be like this, can't you make it so it's one entry per line? Even if you have to scroll through the list that's fine here.

The "º" for Gintama isn't showing up either, no big deal but yeah.

tuetensuppe92 said:
I like the changes to the new now playing page, but now instead of being cluttered up with finished anime, it's full of on hold anime. I'd rather it only showed stuff I'm currently watching.
I don't see a problem with this, the problem before was that the airing shows would push whatever else you're watching to the bottom or to the middle and it'd become a hassle to use, now whatever you're watching should always remain at the top and whatever else follows.
My continue watching list is rather small now but as long as having a long list doesn't cut on the other things like started airing or upcoming I don't see a need for that (like I said above, I'd rather have to scroll to get more options from these than to have no options at all so hopefully having a long continue watching list doesn't cut down on the others).
Apr 6, 2015 8:22 AM
Sep 2011
Paulo27 said:
I don't see a problem with this, the problem before was that the airing shows would push whatever else you're watching to the bottom or to the middle and it'd become a hassle to use, now whatever you're watching should always remain at the top and whatever else follows.
My continue watching list is rather small now but as long as having a long list doesn't cut on the other things like started airing or upcoming I don't see a need for that (like I said above, I'd rather have to scroll to get more options from these than to have no options at all so hopefully having a long continue watching list doesn't cut down on the others).

That's exactly the problem I'm having though.

It even shows animes from my PTW in the Continue watching section for whatever reason. IMO it doesn't really make much sense to have anything other than currently watching anime there (I'd imagine most people put anime on hold because they do not want to continue watching them in the near future.)

There's also one entry (Acchi Kocchi Youchien) which was removed from MAL, but when I play an episode of that and then click on the image on the Now Playing page, Taiga crashes.
Apr 6, 2015 9:58 AM

Mar 2014
I just noticed, what happened to the whole Edit menu? When you right-click on an entry I mean.

tuetensuppe92 said:
Paulo27 said:

That's exactly the problem I'm having though.

Well, I'm still against it since all that matter is that the Watching entries will be sent to the top and be easier to find but I figure it's not hard to add a scroll bar here, no? Don't see a reason for there not to be one.
Apr 6, 2015 11:17 AM

Nov 2013
After updating to the latest beta version, Taiga does not seem to detect VLC anymore. It detects MPC-HC correctly, but not VLC. I am using 64-bit VLC, so maybe that's the issue?

It also seems to not want to update my list after having been open for more than 10 or so minutes. It just gets stuck on "Updating list..." and I am also unable to view posters or info for any anime. It doesn't seem to connect to MAL at all after having been open for a certain period of time. Restarting Taiga fixes this for a short while, but then the same issue happens again.

And now it seems to be using ~1GB of memory. Wat.

Restarting my computer fixed all of this for some reason.
ApprovaApr 6, 2015 1:17 PM
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Apr 6, 2015 12:15 PM

Mar 2014
Neo_Player said:
There might be a conflict with using relation rules and alternative titles.

Using this rule for Fate:

{
	"name": "Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) -> ~ 2nd Season",
	"rule": "22297|7882:13-? -> 28701|10052:1-?"
}

And then putting Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) as an alternative title to be searched for makes it so Taiga ignores the rule and thinks that, for example, episode 13 is the 13th episode of Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season and not the first one. Removing the alternative title fixes that, but breaks the torrent search.

What's the second number after "|"? Hummingbird's ID? Would be nice to know.

And I think I figured out why Taiga won't play UBW's 13th episode like I reported above, I'm having the same issue with Teekyuu S4 since HS is starting to count it from episode 37, this is happening probably because only the first episode has aired so playing past that shouldn't be possible and with the new feature that Taiga now plays the first episode of a completed series when selecting the play next episode makes it so Taiga tries to play the first episode again since the series is viewed as completed. This is confirmed by trying to play the next episode after watching any first episode of any series that started now, it says it can't play the first one instead of the second.

This doesn't apply to every entry though, there are some entries that I have on hold which have only 1 episode left and are still airing and when I try to play the next episode it says it can't play the next one, while some, in the same situation, say they can't play the first one, this is weird because if Taiga predicted an episode to be out it'd mark the area as light grey and these entries that actually try to play the next episode aren't mark as light grey as expected, so they really should all be trying to play the first episode since the series are technically complete.

Honestly, I don't think this is a good thing, this feature should really only apply to Completed anime rather than to every anime, especially considering how inconsistent it seems to be.

And after writing all this, I noticed that I can't play the next episode for One Piece, I'm on episode 351 and it tries to play the first one when I tried to play the next one, even when Taiga has light grey area in half of the entire entry predicting that new episodes have been released.
Apr 6, 2015 12:38 PM

Nov 2007
To anyone I haven't replied to (sorry), one of the following is true, sorted by their likelihood:

a) I've already resolved the issue
b) I'm currently working on it, but need more time
c) It's something intentional
d) NO

Akarin said:
It crashes sometimes, when I delete .torrents in my torrent-client. (not the downloaded files, just the completed torrents entries)

Which torrent client do you use? Where are the .torrent files located at? Are they under a library folder?

LilyMaster said:
On the other hand, a feature request? Add some info about the history? Like last wacthed/finished anime.

Um, could you elaborate on this?

Approva said:
After updating to the latest beta version, Taiga does not seem to detect VLC anymore. It detects MPC-HC correctly, but not VLC. I am using 64-bit VLC, so maybe that's the issue?

It also seems to not want to update my list after having been open for more than 10 or so minutes. It just gets stuck on "Updating list..." and I am also unable to view posters or info for any anime. It doesn't seem to connect to MAL at all after having been open for a certain period of time. Restarting Taiga fixes this for a short while, but then the same issue happens again.

And now it seems to be using ~1GB of memory. Wat.

Just tried vlc-2.2.0-win64 and it got detected without any issues. Is yours any different? Is the executable file named vlc.exe? Which OS do you use?

As for the other issue, these two answers of mine (@Jiharo) might be related:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=214501&show=550#msg38461168
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=214501&show=550#msg38480775

Running Taiga in debug mode might give us some clues too.
Apr 6, 2015 1:16 PM

Nov 2013
erengy said:
Just tried vlc-2.2.0-win64 and it got detected without any issues. Is yours any different? Is the executable file named vlc.exe? Which OS do you use?

As for the other issue, these two answers of mine (@Jiharo) might be related:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=214501&show=550#msg38461168
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=214501&show=550#msg38480775

Running Taiga in debug mode might give us some clues too.

All three of my issues were fixed with a simple computer restart.

Thanks for adding further support for the SxxExx naming format, makes it much easier for Kodi users like me. Maybe some day a feature could be added that could help with entries like One Piece, which is split into 17 seasons according to TVDB, and is named as such (eg S17E43, which is actually episode 671). Taiga was only able to handle the first season because of this.
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Apr 6, 2015 1:20 PM
Mahou☆Shoujo

Apr 2011
erengy said:
Akarin said:

Which torrent client do you use? Where are the .torrent files located at? Are they under a library folder?.

BitTorrent 7.2.1. .torrent files are located in temp folder (or wherever Firefox saves them)
I suppose the reason lies in .dat files that torrent-client sometimes create alongside the video-files (I'm not sure)
For now I just disabled library folders scanning, since I don't use anime recognition feature anyway.
Apr 6, 2015 7:25 PM
Dec 2012
Clicking Nisekoi: Four Seasons under "Recently started airing" shows the error "Anime is removed from database: 30542", but it still opens an information window that for some reason I can't close.

http://i.imgur.com/Jn4RhkG.png
Apr 8, 2015 5:39 AM

Mar 2014
Taiga seems to be having quite some issues with recognizing torrents.
The grey squares mean that it doesn't know its ID, right?

Death Parade appears grey when it shouldn't, I even have it on my list as completed + I have a completed filter.
And then there's a bunch more titles in there which should be recognized, right-clicking them and searching for them also works fine but they are still grey afterwards.

Related to torrents: do you think it's possible to make it so the Torrents tab refreshs when Taiga starts? That'd be nice.
Apr 8, 2015 10:18 AM
Feb 2009
Paulo27 said:
What's the second number after "|"? Hummingbird's ID? Would be nice to know.

Yes, first is MAL's ID then Humming's ID.
Apr 9, 2015 3:56 PM
Sep 2011
I just scanned for available episodes and after Taiga finished scanning the taskbar progress bar was stuck in the marquee animation. It only stopped after I triggered the scan a second time.
Not sure if this helps at all, but it's the first time that's happened for me and I'm not sure what I did differently. If it happens again, hopefully I can provide more details.
Apr 10, 2015 7:11 AM
Apr 2014
Taigi 1.20 beta2 (Potplayer 1.652515) couldn't recognize my " Anime Mirai 2015" files.
[FLsnow][Aki_no_Kanade][AVC_AAC][TVRIP][720p].mp4
[FLsnow][HAPPY_COMECOME][AVC_AAC][TVRIP][720p].mp4
I have added them to my currently watching list.

Other files works quite well, I don't know why...
Thanks!
Apr 11, 2015 10:09 AM

Mar 2014
On the Torrents tab the Anime title column will reset/change length after each refresh, this is annoying when some titles are huge throwing all the others columns offscreen.
Apr 12, 2015 5:22 AM

Nov 2007
Released v1.2.0-beta3:

Changelog:
- Improved recognition of similar anime titles, OVAs and specials.
- Continue Watching section of Now Playing page now only displays Currently Watching anime.
- Other sections of Now Playing page now only displays Plan to Watch anime.
- Disabled certain menu items on Torrents list for unidentified files.
- Taiga no longer switches current Anime List tab after adding a new anime to list.
- Taiga no longer changes current Anime List view when the relevant item is already visible.
- Fixed "1 episodes" phrase on Now Playing page.
- Fixed a bug where batch releases without an episode range were not identified.
- Fixed a bug where series with unknown episode count could not be redirected.
- Fixed a bug where trying to play an episode of an anime with unknown episode count did not work properly.
- Fixed a bug where random numbers in a filename were identified as the episode number.
- Fixed a bug where episode number was not set after linking an episode to an anime.
- Fixed a bug where files with an invalid extension or path were not ignored.
- Fixed a bug where main window lost focus after Anime Information dialog is closed.
- Fixed a bug where Now Playing page was not reset after an anime is deleted.
- Fixed a bug where main menu was not displayed properly on a secondary monitor.

There are still a couple of issues remaining, such as the one with the alternative titles set by the user. But most of the issues should be fixed now. This is most likely going to be the last beta release.
Apr 12, 2015 7:41 AM

Mar 2014
How about making it so we can add titles to anime that isn't in our list? This would help filter out certain torrents (especially when you just disabled the option to filter torrents with unknown IDs).

When I press enter on an entry (it's mapped to view details) and then press enter again the focus of the selection will go to the side tabs (Anime List, History, etc) and I can't keep scrolling down the anime list with just the keyboard, this was possible before, please change it back.
Paulo27Apr 12, 2015 7:56 AM
Apr 12, 2015 8:04 AM
Sep 2011
Is it just me or is there no way to delete an anime anymore?

Also it would be nice if the sorting could be retained after a list update
Apr 12, 2015 8:17 AM

Mar 2014
tuetensuppe92 said:
Is it just me or is there no way to delete an anime anymore?

Also it would be nice if the sorting could be retained after a list update
Press delete.
I'd also like the "Edit" menu when right-clicking back though.
Apr 12, 2015 8:36 PM
Jul 2014
Clicking "Check new torrents" or letting it auto update cause Taiga to crash, currently using nyaa as my rss feed. Running in Administrator didn't work nor did the last beta update fix it. Any ideas?

Derp, seems like you need to select a season and allow the program to update the data and then it works just fine (for now). Is this intended?
Pulse35Apr 12, 2015 9:08 PM
Apr 15, 2015 5:59 AM

Mar 2014
Taiga can't detect the following:
"D:\Torrents\Anime\Backlog\Seirei no Moribito\01 - Balsa the Female Bodyguard.mkv"
I think this was working yesterday but it can't detect them today so I don't know what's up, the folder is set correctly too, it does recognize it when it's playing so it's fine on that end.
Apr 17, 2015 11:19 PM

Mar 2012
Not certain if you're aware, but the taiga beta crashes for me sometimes while in just sitting in my taskbar... and honestly... it just crashed as I was typing this... so just letting you know...

Edit: btw my OS is Windows 8.1 (Taiga never crashed on stable release)
Mad_MaestroApr 17, 2015 11:46 PM
Apr 18, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
Pulse35 said:
Clicking "Check new torrents" or letting it auto update cause Taiga to crash, currently using nyaa as my rss feed. Running in Administrator didn't work nor did the last beta update fix it. Any ideas?

Derp, seems like you need to select a season and allow the program to update the data and then it works just fine (for now). Is this intended?

jack2727 said:
Not certain if you're aware, but the taiga beta crashes for me sometimes while in just sitting in my taskbar... and honestly... it just crashed as I was typing this... so just letting you know...

Edit: btw my OS is Windows 8.1 (Taiga never crashed on stable release)

This should be fixed now.

In other news, I think v1.2 has become stable enough now, so I'm planning to end the beta period tomorrow.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Recognition problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

300 by Xeroeth »»
Aug 9, 2021 2:24 PM

» any new news on Taiga working?

xDreww - Nov 23, 2019

5 by cHowaito »»
Jul 28, 2021 6:25 AM

Sticky: » Bug reports, general problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

1122 by DeFF »»
Jun 23, 2021 10:53 PM

» Dark theme?

Hyoretsu - Dec 12, 2019

1 by Squirt_lel »»
Jul 14, 2020 6:59 AM

» Error when synchronizing list (Since MAL API Update)

dadnaya - May 24, 2018

20 by xDreww »»
Nov 23, 2019 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.