Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode at least in terms of action for second half.

I still find the world fantasy fiction of the show to be amazing. They are really making that kid with the weird hair a bit OP though imo. But overall, it was entertaining. I mean, I liked most of action and this arc has been the longest one of the season so far.

The magical unicorn creature also looks amazing. Cute song also at the end..
Mar 21, 2015 9:26 AM

Dec 2011
Stark700 said:

I still find the world fantasy fiction of the show to be amazing. They are really making that kid with the weird hair a bit OP though imo. But overall, it was entertaining. I mean, I liked most of action and this arc has been the longest one of the season so far.

I'd like to ask: How the hell are you able to watch the episode before it's even out?

Unless you're gettin' Cable with the ability to access the channel this anime broadcasts on, but I can't foresee that happening. I mean, I don't know of any cable company that would offer TV Tokyo or whatever channel broadcasts it.
Mar 21, 2015 11:15 AM

Jan 2014
sigh, Best part about not watching live is being able to skip annoying dog princess scenes. God i hate her....

This was a really good episode though. Honestly if when dog days itself ends he chooses the princess I'm going back and rating all seasons (except 2) a 1.

Gaul really needs to stop letting his guard down though.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 21, 2015 11:19 AM

Aug 2010
CujoFoxtar said:
Stark700 said:

I'd like to ask: How the hell are you able to watch the episode before it's even out?

Unless you're gettin' Cable with the ability to access the channel this anime broadcasts on, but I can't foresee that happening. I mean, I don't know of any cable company that would offer TV Tokyo or whatever channel broadcasts it.

There's something called Livestream u know ^^;

Anyway nice ep. The action scene were really good :3

Verde vs Gaul was awesome :O

And finally Eclair >.< Missed her. Not much screen time though :/
Barion-ZaraMar 21, 2015 11:34 AM
Mar 21, 2015 12:06 PM

Aug 2011
a great fight scene
a beautiful Milihi singing
and finally ECLAIR!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 21, 2015 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
Verde vs Gaul was awesome.

It was good to see Eclair.
Mar 21, 2015 1:11 PM

Dec 2011
Okay, just finished the episode. And I can't believe how many etymological and mythological hints I completely missed throughout the entirety of the show.

Firstly, Pega is half of the word "Pegasus", which should've directly told us WHAT Pega was - we thought he was a pig, but then I remembered that Sharl is supposed to be a Fawn kemonomimi. Deer and pigs have no relation to each other, however horses do.

Secondly, Aria is more than likely based off of Otohime of Japanese myth - it would tie in completely with Farine's getup, which is that of a Japanese Inari Miko.

Third, Verde's power was sealed in what seems to amount to the Seven-Branch Sword, another important artifact in Japanese Myth. While I can't put any serious connection between the sword and plague, I can however mention that from what Wikipedia's told me, the sword actually seems to reveal a friendship of sorts between the Three Prime Nations (more specifically Korea, Japan and China). Perhaps Verde's placement wasn't too coincidental, and was meant to help the surface dwellers.

Finally, the end card seems to signify that Sharl's going to be eating up Adele's closing gig from S2, which makes her come off as Artemis, Perseus, and Saggitarius all rolled into one.

tl;dr This is by far the richest lore that Dog Days has dropped on us in a single episode BY far. Combined with the lore from a previous episode set, this Season makes the Dog Days world stand out FAR more than most underdog (pun not intended) anime.

The only gripe I've got with the episode? Her Royal Bitch Milhi... and THAT STUPID IDOL GAB OF HERS! Seriously, could they not have picked a more enticing career for her?

However, now I'm eager for S4 to include more info on the lesser kingdoms of Halver, Eldonia and Dragée. Or at least a massive lore book or something (who am I kidding though? I'd never be able to read it, much less afford it).

Dog Days right now is the only anime I've been this excited about - none others get me as hype for some reason.
Mar 21, 2015 3:18 PM

Feb 2013
>Mermaid gains ability to walk on land
>Had voice stolen
>Name sounds like "Ariel"

Anyone else catching my drift?

But finally some Eclair...JUST NOT ENOUGH DAMMIT.
Mar 21, 2015 4:00 PM

Jun 2011
LALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALA xN

Why does the song have no lyrics
Mar 21, 2015 4:14 PM

Mar 2013
Shih said:

Yeah I thought the no lyrics was a bit of a cop out myself. I was hoping for a new song.
Mar 21, 2015 5:09 PM

May 2012
NTAD said:
>Had voice stolen

Lol I didn't even think of that...

And the song...I dunno, I found it really cringey even though there weren't any actual lyrics.

Mar 21, 2015 6:00 PM

Sep 2013
Cinque actually got to do something and even Eclair showed up. Not crazy about the 3 episode build up being completely solved by the power of hime songs, but I won't turn down the good action.
Mar 21, 2015 6:19 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Aria is a reference to The Little Mermaid. I should have known... :P

There was good action in this episode with Cinque and Gaul defeating that little guy Verde. And I also thought I wouldn't get to see Eclair again. xP And Princess Milhi's song could have been better if there were actual lyrics.

As always, I just couldn't help but adore all the character designs in this series. ( b ' ')b
Mar 21, 2015 6:35 PM

May 2010
Verde was typical yandere there take away her voice to protect it and put the rest of the world to sleep "for" her :D the action was really flashy! Although Verde got defeated a bit easily.

it would be funny if someone did karaoke for that song XD
Mar 21, 2015 8:56 PM

Oct 2011
Natsu fighting for lucy....er Gaul and Aria <3

Hime singing <3333
AnimeFan500Mar 22, 2015 12:35 AM
Mar 22, 2015 1:02 AM

Aug 2013
Gaul vs Verde action is great
Eclair! but not enough!
damn Millhi so kawaii, maybe I just have sum fetish on pink haired gurl (except Yuno)
great episode!
Mar 22, 2015 1:41 AM

Dec 2011
NTAD said:
>Had voice stolen

But finally some Eclair...JUST NOT ENOUGH DAMMIT.

I'm catching it. But I'm also catching a native Nipponese drift. One that would more than likely make more fucking sense to a resident of Glorious Nippon.

'Course, if Gaul doesn't get the girl (and Verde does), I'm gonna be pissed.
Mar 22, 2015 1:45 AM
Aug 2009
Yay, I'm so glad about last episodes of the season, I'm satisfied with S3 at this point. This episode was quite good in sense of action, probably of the best for all three seasons.
It's a pity that Millhi's song didn't have lyrics, it was the only thing I was a little upset about. But overall, that was a really good episode to see.
Btw, they did a little change in ED, Millhi wakes up.
Mar 22, 2015 1:48 AM
Jan 2012
Oh, hi Eclair, good to see you again... Only for a few minutes, but at least we got to see your fucking face again. She has been missed.

Good job, Clinque. For saving Gaul at the last minute that is.

I presently have mixed feelings about Verde... And I'm not sure why.
Mar 22, 2015 5:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The purification scene would probably have been a bit more effectful if Millhiore's song actually had lyrics :s

Also just me or was the mermaid choir better than Millhiore's solo performance anyway? Felt like they should have been more than capable of curing the sickness on their own if that was all that mattered but I guess I'm picking at straws here~
Mar 22, 2015 8:09 AM

Feb 2013
Everyone upset over the lack of lyrics, just remember when Aria was singing, it didn't have any lyrics either. It's just not supposed to have them. Songs like that do exist :p

I was actually listening for similarities to the purification song and the ED, because I thought it sounded like a slowed down, off-vocal version...well, not truly off-vocal since it sounds like she was singing the instrumental, but it's hard to tell.
Mar 22, 2015 1:02 PM

Jul 2010
Suddenly it becomes a crossover between Macross and Mermaid Melody.
Mar 22, 2015 6:22 PM

Dec 2014

No lyrics? How could you? HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO HIME-SAMA!!!???
Mar 23, 2015 6:43 AM

Oct 2011
Some nice action this episode. Gaul is still pretty badass (thanks in no small part to Kakihara Tetsuya), I liked his combination attack with Cinque (sounded like Asbel's "JUUHA GOUSHOUZAN!").
Mar 24, 2015 4:14 PM

Jun 2014
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Verde vs Gaul was awesome.

It was good to see Eclair.
'

Pretty much what i have to say about this episode.
I MISS ECLAIR. Why must the best girl be forgotten?
And Gaul is such a bad ass, I love his fighting style with the lightning claws. It's my favorite fighting style and im glad it got showcased in this episode. First male crush in an anime? Likely.

Milli's song was kinda...lackluster. Felt weird. But overall this episode is probably in my top 5 for all 3 seasons.
Season 4? Lets see how the last episode goes.
(PLEASE HAVE A SEASON 4)
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 25, 2015 9:01 AM

Mar 2011
LALALALALALA
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Mar 26, 2015 7:32 AM
May 2013
Am i the only one that finds that shinku is much more neglected in this season compare to the other season.
Apr 2, 2015 8:24 AM

May 2010
I thought Verde was a girl but whatever I guess.

Eclaaaair! Thank God she also came.

Pega still kept his "Pi~" in that badass form.lol.

Why lalala only? Do Sky people not understand surface songs or what?

Oppaidragonz said:
Am i the only one that finds that shinku is much more neglected in this season compare to the other season.

Was going to say the same thing. Eclair too.
Apr 4, 2015 10:00 PM
Jan 2012
Lalalalalalalala
Apr 4, 2015 11:32 PM

Apr 2011
Good to see eclair again. But I want more! Not enough Eclair
Jul 10, 2015 9:05 AM

Jan 2011
After not watching this for 2,5 months for no good reasing this felt sort of underwhelming, probably took it too seriously after watching some stuff that's a bit more serious than this.
Shih said:

Yeah, it was pretty shitty to be honest.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 25, 2017 1:18 PM

Apr 2013
Wow those lyrics... they really put a lot of thought into them, right? xD
Didn't expect them to wrap the fighting up in one episode, seems like next time will just be the hero goodbye again.
Jan 31, 2018 5:20 AM

Sep 2012
LunyRed said:
Aria is a reference to The Little Mermaid. I should have known... :P

There was good action in this episode with Cinque and Gaul defeating that little guy Verde. And I also thought I wouldn't get to see Eclair again. xP And Princess Milhi's song could have been better if there were actual lyrics.

As always, I just couldn't help but adore all the character designs in this series. ( b ' ')b

same here couln't connect the dots cause i din't even think about little mermaid & her name :D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

69 by Dawizz »»
Jul 25, 2023 12:57 AM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

24 by Dawizz »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:46 AM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

35 by Dawizz »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:20 AM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

27 by Dawizz »»
Jul 17, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

27 by Dawizz »»
Jul 17, 2023 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.