Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 22, 2015 3:54 AM

Nov 2012
Aeldrian said:
the worst cliche is japan ,why is all anime in japan?

Because why not?
May 22, 2015 3:56 AM

Jan 2015
Aeldrian said:
coz its not from China
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
May 22, 2015 3:57 AM

May 2015
Tsundere type , tch so annoying.
May 22, 2015 3:57 AM

Jan 2015
Most cliches arn't bad. Just sometimes they are used wrong, or too many of them.

Although the "did I get him/her" cliche is always bad from what I have seen. You know if this is sad they did NOT get him/her.
May 22, 2015 4:42 AM

Aug 2014
Training arcs are soo annoying.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 22, 2015 5:14 AM

Mar 2015
black1blade said:
Training arcs are soo annoying.
i found some of them are entertaining.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 22, 2015 7:08 AM

Jan 2015
High school setting.
May 22, 2015 7:12 AM
Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
The recycled ''worst clichés in anime'' threads are worse than any clichés in anime

^ this
May 22, 2015 7:33 AM

Aug 2014
wincest chickening out.

"ohhh, im actually adopted"
May 22, 2015 7:35 AM

Mar 2015
ooo333 said:
wincest chickening out.

at least, it better than continues it in incest. cough cough *oreimo* cough cough
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 22, 2015 11:15 AM

Mar 2015
Unyilkdr said:
ooo333 said:
wincest chickening out.

at least, it better than continues it in incest. cough cough *oreimo* cough cough

Hehehe, that ending is so disappointing.....

May 22, 2015 11:19 AM

Mar 2015
DarklordVor said:
Unyilkdr said:

incest it self is cliche (dunno why, but japan always almost have repeated story of them).
May 22, 2015 11:27 AM

Jun 2014
Remv_quevav said:
Aeldrian said:
coz its not from China

all anime should be set in Canada
All credit goes to Sacred.
May 22, 2015 12:28 PM

Jun 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Remv_quevav said:
coz its not from China

all anime should be set in Canada

No no you should remember.

Being exiled to Canada is a threat in Japanese anime.

xD
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

May 22, 2015 1:01 PM

May 2015
LOLninja said:
-Boring male leads (goes without saying)
-The chosen one (lazy cop-out and is no substitute for real character development)
-And worst of all...uugh, dick-hungry imoutos! ( I swear, it's like an unwritten rule that little sister characters must have unhealthy, borderline-incestuous feelings for their "onii-chan".It drives me insane! Immature little twats! That's why I prefer big sister characters. Onee-chans FTW!)

Yes! So many boring brown haired male leads ..all with the EXACT same personality.
May 22, 2015 1:02 PM

Apr 2014
Main character sitting next to the window in class.
May 22, 2015 1:43 PM

Jun 2014
Milk_is_Special said:
Main character sitting next to the window in class.

But but... How else is the main character supposed to escape?

Imagine if he had the middle seat.

The animators would have so much extra work to do!
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

May 22, 2015 1:51 PM

May 2014
battle shounen cliches in a nutshell = #seraph of the end
May 22, 2015 1:58 PM

Jan 2013
silverwalls said:
misunderstandings that could easily be solved if someone just explained it.

Holy crap this
I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiusdexra

https://soundcloud.com/marko-poskurica

A single click on each one of them would make me really happy!

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
May 22, 2015 4:31 PM

Jan 2012
1. Misunderstandings - Especially when the main character is so damn focused on mumbling that it's a mistake and not getting to the actual point of why he is in the particular awkward situation.

2. Overly Violent Characters - Female characters like Louise who pound your face in then act all dere. [Look at point 1 again... If the said character just opened his mouth and uttered anything more intelligent than a piece of dirt could say when in said situation then this would be less of a problem].

3. Falling in love almost instantly - That isn't love , it's lust , quite a big difference between the two. Love develops over time, lust is instantaneous.

4. Lovers quarrel's - Lovers getting into quarrels simply to add drama to a story that doesn't need it , or making it so that the characters misunderstand each other , or something that their significant other did and then getting into misunderstandings because of this.

5. Girls falling for a guy that's got the personality of a can. (Looks shiny on the outside. Completely empty on the inside).

6. Wardrobe malfunction (EEEEK!! My bra is falling off because I was so stupid to pick 6 sizes too small for me. Minaide!)
May 22, 2015 5:34 PM

Apr 2014
Dick- I mean breast measuring contests between two or more female characters are incredibly cringe-worthy and are all executed the same way without any single variation. There's always a small chested girl who seems to have huge complexes about it and a more busty, usually arrogant one, who will spend the next minutes looking down on the first girl and talking how much more mature she is for having curves.
It's like, the whole self-worth of a character resides in their breasts, which is just sad.
May 22, 2015 6:52 PM

Jul 2013
DarklordVor said:
Unyilkdr said:

KIRINO BEST GIRL. NO CONTEST. KURONEKO CAN GO FVCK HERSELF WITH A GOTHIC D*LDO.
May 22, 2015 9:24 PM

May 2015
Ok, here are some I dislike the most:

- MC sitting next to the window in class
- Beach/Festival/Hotspring episodes
- "Accidents" that happen in most ecchi anime where the girl later punches/kicks the guy, throws stuff at him
- "Power of friendship"
- MC's best friend being just comic relief
- MC's friends/family members are dead for tragic backstory
- Overused character archetypes
- Powerups out of nowhere
- MC is the "chosen one"
- Hair gets blown by nonexistent wind
- Unrealistic hair colors (pink especially)
May 22, 2015 11:45 PM

Mar 2015
Tenshi_Shura said:
DarklordVor said:

KIRINO BEST GIRL. NO CONTEST. KURONEKO CAN GO FVCK HERSELF WITH A GOTHIC D*LDO.

Nope Kirino can go back to her dreamland of cop out incest. Kuroneko ftw.

May 23, 2015 12:06 AM

Feb 2015
1. Festivals. Fucking school festivals. Fuck all of them!!

2. Fireworks.

3. Dressing up to watch fireworks and needing a date for said fireworks.

4. All other characters stop fighting until hero/villians speeches are done during a battle.

5. Never calling the police - NEVER. It is apparently not the solution to anything.

6. Close family members somehow oblivious to wounds, lack of sleep, destroyed furniture in home.

7. Beach trip!

8. Confessing love. To my knowledge it doesnt even happen that way in Japan.

9. Being oblivious to someone's affection for you. Anime functions in a world where no one has the ability to decipher each other's emotions. It's like other people are these enigmas. People aren't that complicated.
May 23, 2015 12:09 AM

May 2015
Childhood friends in romance/school animes..
May 23, 2015 12:14 AM

Mar 2015
aloricg said:
5. Never calling the police - NEVER. It is apparently not the solution to anything.
it's the most bugging me in the steins;gate. why they not just find seafety place near police office?
May 23, 2015 12:14 AM

Feb 2015
Not recognizing someone who hasn't changed much in appearance other than getting slightly older.
May 23, 2015 1:47 PM
May 2015
- Long Forgotten Childhood Friend In Love: Even though it has been nearly a decade since they've last spoken and their dreamboat hardly even recognizes them now, the character is still madly in love with the kid they used to play with on the playground. Examples: Pokemon XY (Serena) and many harem anime.

- Lucky Genetics: In battle shounen, there will be a certain lucky group who was granted incredible power at birth, often through unique genes. As the story progresses, normal characters who were capable fighters but not as special will get tossed aside and treated like fodder in favor of this group. Examples: Naruto: Shippuden (the clans and the jinchūriki) and Dragon Ball Z (the Saiyans).
Lucia_RosierMay 23, 2015 1:55 PM
May 23, 2015 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
fairy tail
May 23, 2015 7:40 PM

Mar 2015
oh yeah, MC always use different uniform not like usually student, and don't get punished because of that.
May 23, 2015 10:52 PM

Feb 2013
I hate that thing where a character looks embarrassed and puts their hand behind their head. It just looks so damn dumb.
May 24, 2015 4:22 AM

Apr 2014
aloricg said:
1. Festivals. Fucking school festivals. Fuck all of them!!

2. Fireworks.

3. Dressing up to watch fireworks and needing a date for said fireworks.
1. There are a lot of festivals in Japan that os just a fact.

2. Fireworks are used as ending to a festival. And btw almost all big things end with firework.

3. Tradition, nothing more, nothing less.
May 24, 2015 5:35 AM
May 2015
I'd say fan service in shows that don't need it. I think I'd still like Space Battleship Yamato 2199 even if we didn't get so much crotch/ass shots for Yuki and girl staff. The same is true for White Album 2, I always cringe during episode 7's upskirt and I am not too pleased with the "SAO*"-tyle suggestive "camera" perspectives.

*I am unsure when it started, I just noticed anime after SAO having a lot more of it during normal dialogue. If the writing isn't that entertaining, don't try to put a band aid on it by displaying T and A.
May 24, 2015 6:10 AM
May 2014
aasgo123 said:
Will Clannad AS's ending be considered cliche?

i think yes , one of the most stupid ending
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
May 24, 2015 6:29 AM

Aug 2014
tragedylover said:
aasgo123 said:
Will Clannad AS's ending be considered cliche?

i think yes , one of the most stupid ending

In a visual novel context it's a pretty great ending that rewards the player for 100% the game.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 24, 2015 8:49 AM

May 2015
The ones that really get to me are
-Festivals

-Beach episodes

-Some chick being in love with oblivious main character

-High school students having more strength than the freaking HULK !!

Jun 4, 2015 7:35 PM
Jan 2014
F0XFIRE said:
World's in danger and only a bunch of teenagers can save it.

Worse, world's in danger, and the authors actually think someone should save it (grin).
Jun 4, 2015 7:36 PM

Nov 2014
I need power to save everybody!

Jun 4, 2015 8:22 PM

Feb 2015
New one:

27c: Internalize everything. Never express yourself to other humans, ever, for any reason. It is FORBIDDEN!
Jun 4, 2015 8:42 PM

Mar 2015
One which particularly bugs me is plot-armored ordinary humans running from a continuous stream of automatic fire, especially machine guns. If you know they're plot-armored, there is no sense of danger in the first place, so what's the point?
Jun 4, 2015 11:11 PM

Feb 2014
Remv_quevav said:
Majuicezumi said:

every shounen ever
uhhhhhh Rurouni Kenshin pls

Wut? isn't Kenshin all about 'I have to protect my nakamatachi?'
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jun 4, 2015 11:15 PM
Feb 2014
Use of the word "Shit" to describe an anime on a thread followed by a Strike the Blood GIF when I tell them to be more original.
Jun 4, 2015 11:17 PM

Feb 2014
Nicoreos said:
Use of the word "Shit" to describe an anime on a thread followed by a Strike the Blood GIF when I tell them to be more original.

That's actually reaally funny
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jun 4, 2015 11:18 PM
Feb 2014
slovak125 said:
Nicoreos said:

That's actually reaally funny

And jokes get old if you see it literally twice or more a week, actually wait, maybe even a day.
Jun 4, 2015 11:24 PM

Jan 2015
Submissive Men
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2015 11:34 PM

Jun 2015
the power of love ~ Never lacking in the shonen
Jun 4, 2015 11:44 PM

Jul 2013
Byel said:
the power of friendship ~ Never lacking in the shonen

Fixed that for you.
Jun 4, 2015 11:51 PM
Sep 2014
1. Tripping over ABSOLUTELY nothing. We'll teach you how to walk next week
2. Non-existent immune systems. The wind blew and now you're fucked.
3. Physics? hahahahaha
4. Lack of communication which leads to ridiculous misunderstandings.
5. Mid-epic fight conversations. Just kill each other already.
6. Massive dust clouds obscuring all vision during said epic fights >.>
7. Love confessions. Really? You people haven't even met, how do you love him???
8. Density. How unaware can these characters get? (This infuriates me the most)
Jun 5, 2015 9:57 AM
May 2015
In Shoujo:
The two-faced-bitch-model-rival who is a childhood friend/classmate of the MCs love interest.

In mysteries:
"Oh I found out the biggest secret ever to solve this case, better not tell the detective right away,
but leave him a message "I know a secret. Meet me tomorrow" and confront the culprit myself,
and let myself get killed in the meantime."

In Shounen:
The victim after sword slash not gushing out blood and falling to the ground before the swordman is done putting away his sword.

BUT THE WORST THING EVER:
Shouting out the badass/lame - really long - nonsense meaning - attack name, Every Single Move they make including sneak attacks!!
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» angry sub only users ( 1 2 )

Yorda_trico - Apr 15

97 by Adnash »»
22 seconds ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform?

Dije - Apr 16

41 by deg »»
3 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 15

90 by Shahriah »»
14 minutes ago

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

217 by Spunkert »»
43 minutes ago

» Anime you would like to play as a game

nishant0 - Yesterday

19 by Ratris_Decision »»
48 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.