Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2015 10:01 PM

Dec 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally a fight that ends in one episode.
Nov 30, 2017 10:52 AM

Aug 2012
Someone didn't watch the next episode preview although that was probably for the best, I tend to skip them but I didn't this time and damn it was spoiler ridden.
May 1, 2018 3:35 PM

Jun 2016
I love that we're getting scenes jumping from Seiya, to Kiki, to Hyoga and Shiryu, to Shun and Scylla! Even if well written villains has been replaced with fast pacing, it's something that I enjoy. These last few episodes have been really charming because of it. I criticized this arc for rehashing the last two, but it appears this arc does differentiate itself from those in execution.

I thought it was cool that Shaina is doing something meaningful and that the Libra cloth was reintroduced, as before now the weapons it had were a plot convenient power to save Hyoga and nothing more. Now, it gives it slightly more use and makes it more than a one trick pony. It looks like it will be great use, and actually necessary for the pillars to break. That was a purposeful decision and an unexpected one. The unexpected element of the Libra cloth needing to be at the pillars to take them down is a fun one. It will certainly give Kiki some more screen time to be cute.

Shaina vs Thetis is our second girl vs girl fight I think! I know we've gotten Marin vs Shaina in the past. This was another surprise.

When Seiya broke the pillar and we saw Hyoga, Shiryu, Shaina, Thetis, and Kiki all look towards the direction of the earth quake, see the pillar collapsing in the far distance, it created a sense of epic scale. I liked that scene quite a bit. The pillars aren't just cool imagery when they stand, they create great set pieces when they fall. The others saints can actually know when one of them is victorious.

I wanted to applaud Scylla for baiting Shun to block an illusion to understand his defense and shatter it like he did. But then like a doofus, after explicitly stating that he could win because Shun showed him his moves, uses all of his moves, one by one, and weak enough so that he can survive on purpose! Why don't you listen to your own advice Scylla!!!? When he was doing one attack after another I thought to myself, "if the same move never works twice why are you showing him all of these?", half jokingly thinking Shun may immediately counter attack them because of it. And then he did. At least the preview seemed to make this fight look like it's Shun's alone, and if that's the case I'm glad. Let's have our boy Shun win without Ikki's help!
May 1, 2018 6:48 PM

Dec 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
I love that we're getting scenes jumping from Seiya, to Kiki, to Hyoga and Shiryu, to Shun and Scylla! Even if well written villains has been replaced with fast pacing, it's something that I enjoy. These last few episodes have been really charming because of it. I criticized this arc for rehashing the last two, but it appears this arc does differentiate itself from those in execution.

Yes, this arc feels like modern anime where we see a lot of things happening in 20 minutes without the story being rushed or poor developed. Probably the best pacing of the series.
Mar 20, 2019 10:48 AM
Feb 2016
This arc is certainly the most enjoyable so far and I like bringing back Libra. I was very surprised that after all the trouble surrounding the acquisition of Sagittarius cloth, the bronze saints never got to use it again other than this one time against Aiolos. Also hoped the change of focus on fights through having to use the weapons of Libra would've brought with it interesting puzzles, where the bronze saints would have to figure out how to use the suggested weapon to break down a pillar, instead of using brute force. Maybe this will happen later in the arc.

Interesting and elaborate depiction of the Scylla myth, with all these animals attached. I found out that Scylla, like Thetis as I mentioned in earlier episode post, is a beautiful minor water deity. She was transformed into a sea monster when she ignited someone's jealousy. This made me think, do you see the pattern in which Shun is always the one fighting the beautiful or beauty-related villain, probably with the exception of Misty fought by Seiya? It happened with Aphrodite, Mime/Mimir, and again here with Scylla/Io.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 111 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 27, 2012

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 100 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 16, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 97 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 22, 2012

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 10, 11:08 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 98 Discussion

Albi-kun - Dec 7, 2014

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 10, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.