Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 19, 2015 12:54 AM

Jul 2014
But why being a genius must be limited to mind? There're people more gifted physically in different sports fields, and people have different levels of strength genetically. And mentality has effect on one's physical performance as well.
To me Arima seems like someone who has a huge talent in finding weaknesses, furthermore he is nonplussed by violence and ghouls in general, while these things terrify most people.

But what gets to me is that he fights with his glasses on. >< That's counterproductive. Glasses fall off and can be damaged. But, well, it is manga.
May 19, 2015 1:29 AM
Mar 2015
On to the subject of Arima, personally, I am forced to suspend stupefying amounts of disbelief to concede to the notion of him being 100% human. Based on my personal observations, I feel it does not equate to the precedents and “laws” established in Ishida’s universe. Takeomi Kuroiwa (and his father) are apart of that “0.01%” of humanity that can amass physical strength rivaling that of a ghoul: which is already pushing it. Even so, their humanity is abundantly portrayed and they do not feel “super powered” at all in combat against a ghoul. On the other hand, Arima has been likened to God. Arima is that much of an anomaly, to the point he literally feels out of place in the series. Kaneki took one glance at him and immediately felt the fear of God. He was so stunned he did not even notice all the ghoul corpses surrounding him. "God", almost the antithesis of "human." A Ghoul Investigator so proficient in his craft, he is undefeated and causes his peers to be crippled with jealously: “Arimapathy.” He singled handedly fatally maimed SSS rank “Owl”/Kuzen and prompted him to flee: twice. On the other hand, it took 2 Special Class, 2 Associate Special Class, and a Rank 2 Investigator fighting at their level to defeat him. Following Cochlea’s breach, Tatara and Eto herself, the One Eyed King, made it a point to vacate the 23rd Ward premises before he arrived. They fear him. They fear “God.” Eto narrowly escapes from him a second time, this time commenting “Arm getting cut off...getting stabbed with a Quinque. Been a while since I had it this rough. That guy's really ruthless..." And what is more, she was unable to so much as lay a scratch on him despite the fact IXA was damaged and he only had Narukami at is disposal. I have seen Arima’s malcontents label him a “Gary Stu” (tangentially related, this term is often speciously used. A Gary Stu is qualitatively more than just an OP character) as well as an “asspull.” I feel these terms are only applicable if one genuinely believe Arima is human, and I personally feel Ishida is unabashedly hinting left and right that he is something more. There may perhaps be a cogent reason behind Arima’s fortitude, so I am going to propose to a theory. I do have evidence to bolster why I am led to the subsequent conclusions, but of course it is nothing full proof: just more food for thought. Arima really could just be a mere human with no “special” origins to speak of, and I am certainly open to that prospect (and I admittedly dislike it as I feel it makes little sense in the context of the TG universe) yet I just want to establish why I believe otherwise. I do not see how this “God” can be quantified as “human.” There are far too many potential indicators pointing towards the opposite conclusion.
May 19, 2015 10:06 AM
Jan 2015
plot twist: arima's a prodigy who also abuses performance enhancing drugs and he avoids detection from CCG drug tests by never leaving his house without a container of hirako's piss
"Is it just me, or is the lobby full of ghouls?" - CCG investigator Roger Sterling.
May 22, 2015 11:43 AM

Feb 2015
Bland gary stu.
Are you, are you,
coming to the tree?
A necklace of rope,
side by side with me.
Strange things did happen
and no stranger would it be,
If we met at midnight,
in the hanging tree.
May 22, 2015 11:55 AM

Apr 2014
Sykosis said:
Bland gary stu.

Hah good one.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.