Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Oct 8, 2016 10:28 PM

Sep 2008
Right in the feels.
Oct 16, 2016 11:44 AM

Mar 2008
I had this show rated as a solid 8.5 in my mind coming into this episode. I was going to need to see the finish before I could settle on either 8 or 9 as my final rating. The last 2.5 minutes of this episode turned it into a 10.

Absolute anime perfection. From Aoi's reaction, right down to the climax line: "I'm now one step closer to my dream." Perfect. Flawless. Most Hollywood dramas don't have storytelling and execution that good. No shame in admitting that it made a grown man cry.
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Oct 19, 2016 12:38 AM

Jul 2016
This is the SECOND Best episode of Shirobako. The scene where Nogame and Kinoshita have a talk about the series, ending with a revised BETTER ending and the editor's scandal exposed (Funny Story, YOU'RE FIRED!!!), When Kinoshita goes full Clint Eastwood on them and pull of badass moves, WITH HIS BELLY, the very thing that he thought 'dragged him down', and the scene where Shizuka FINALLY gets a role was genius. Big Mont Blanc Day INDEED!

In order to express my feelings about this anime, I hereby quote Krillin from DBZ Abridged -

"Just went straight from 9 to a 10."
SirKnight007Oct 19, 2016 12:42 AM
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Nov 12, 2016 3:29 PM
Feb 2015
seems like the editor was a big dick thought he was just a dick and feel sorry for saying the creator a dick, so happy for sakaki and damn the crying at the end :((
LouMNov 12, 2016 3:32 PM
Dec 12, 2016 6:49 PM

Feb 2012
That was beautiful

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 31, 2017 12:38 AM

Aug 2014
Funny story man was a jerk, good thing the Director went full shounen mode and showed them all lol. And here I thought Nogume was a meanie...but he was a nice guy.

And damn that final scene with Miyamori in tears was too great, didn't think I would shed a tear but I did...too beautiful. Definitely the best episode.
Mar 24, 2017 6:35 AM
Dec 2015
The stuff with the Director and the Author was ridiculous but it works so well! xD

Finally, I'm so glad that Shizuka got a role.
I have mixed feelings about seeing Miyamori cry (because I don't wanna see her cry) but man, those emotions, they felt real.
So glad that it turned out well for Shizuka too! What a masterpiece of an anime.
Apr 16, 2017 7:17 PM

May 2010
Oh god, so not only did the editor turned out to be the biggest jerk, but mangaka is actually a nice and cooperative person! The whole cowboy thing was overdone imo, but because of the second half I'm not going to complain about it.

Shizuka finally got her chance to work with others, I'm so happy~! Aoi's crying scene totally hit me right into the feels, I can imagine that people from P.A. Works worked on it as hard as guys from Musani worked on Arupin's crying scene in Exodus! in the first half of the series. Made me teary-eyed as well, dammiiiit T^T
May 6, 2017 6:08 AM

Mar 2013
>editor finally get rekt
>ZUKA-CHAN FINALLY GET A ROLE
Jun 19, 2017 12:31 PM
Dec 2013
YESYESYES I'm ssooo happy, an anime has never made me more happy for a characters success in my life eeeeeeeee yes!
Jul 1, 2017 12:56 AM

Sep 2013
I just re-watched the entire series in a day.

That Shizuka scene got me again. It's easy to cry over something that's sad or when a character dies. It's a completely different feeling to cry over something so heart warming.

Shedding tears of joy is overwhelmingly stronger than tears of sadness. I wish there were more moments like this.

Jul 9, 2017 11:22 AM

Dec 2014
5/5 Finally!

Zuka-chan finally got a role! thank goodness, the scene where Miyamori having tears of joy because her friend Zuka finally got a role in an anime, that was so emotional i was on the verged of tears.

This is one of the best episode of Shirobako for sure!
Jul 19, 2017 7:59 PM

Jul 2017
That was probably the most perfect way for Zuka to get her role. Not only that, but the last line in the dialogue was such a perfect match!

Man I didn't expect to feel this much catharsis and emotion from that scene, absolutely amazing :')!

Adding the beautiful sight of Aoi tearing up for her friend just made it all the better :'D
Jul 21, 2017 4:52 AM

Jul 2012
I've been worrying about Shizuka throughout the discussion threads, and then this episode comes along. I don't know if it could've happened in a more perfect way.

The attention to detail in her facial expression during this scene is amazing.

Even when Shizuka's been denied countless roles, she didn't give up. She brought herself back up and just kept struggling and struggling. She even denied help from Aoi when she was about to introduce her to some big names in the industry. She wanted to become a professional seiyuu with her own talent and through her own hard work, and now, she's one step closer to her dream. I'm so happy for her ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Aug 13, 2017 9:15 AM

Sep 2016
I was moved. The end of the episode is awesome. Really moved. I love this series.
Aug 13, 2017 9:16 AM

Sep 2016
vyktar said:
YESYESYES I'm ssooo happy, an anime has never made me more happy for a characters success in my life eeeeeeeee yes!
Totally agree ^_^
Aug 22, 2017 1:01 AM

Jun 2013
Miyamori was moved to tears by Shizuka's performance... or by the idea that all five of them have now officially worked on the same project, i.e. the main five have reached a significant milestone on the way towards their dreams. Probably the latter, but it could be both. Maybe seeing Shizuka's success Miyamori has found the reason to stick with her work, the same as Aria found her reason to get back in the cockpit after meeting Lucy.

The whole showdown with the mangaka was great, flavored with the perfect amount of silliness for the situation.
Aug 29, 2017 11:57 PM

Aug 2013
A single moment is enough to make me tear buckets. I was so moved by this scene.
If only reality was this beautiful.. this is why we need anime.
Oct 29, 2017 7:23 AM

Dec 2007
It’s been a while since an anime has made me cry happy tears. Don’t know why it took me so long to continue this series. So glad I did. I really thought they were going to end this series with Shizuka not being part of the team. Totally got caught off guard here.
Dec 3, 2017 9:10 PM
Nov 2017
I'm not crying, you're crying.
Dec 25, 2017 3:16 AM

Sep 2016
pakoko said:
Definitely choked up harder seeing Oi-Chan's tears than seeing the last episode of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

I could totally understand why Miyamori would cry so much and the emotions didn't feel fake at all. Shizuka getting a voice role was just the perfect way to end the whole miscommunication fiasco between the studio and the author. Not only are the viewers relieved to see the show back on track, viewers are also relieved that one of our beloved protagonists finally became a step closer to her dream after not having much success throughout twenty episodes of this show. 11/10
exactlyy it was soo heartwarming tears of joy came so naturally for me through my 1st rewatch shirobako always has a place in my peaceful heart
Facta Non Verba
Jan 16, 2018 9:40 AM

Apr 2015
This has to be my favorite episode of the series so far. It delivered such great payoff.

I'd had this vision in my head of the mangaka being a toxic asshole, but once the director got to him through that epic belly-fight scene, he was a really good guy. And it was great seeing the editor get fired too. "Funny story, get rekt"

After we saw Shizuka hit rock bottom last episode, she finally got her chance to shine!
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 19, 2018 8:09 AM

Apr 2010
Falcomster said:
ZUKA GETS A ROLE!?!?!?!?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

I just shed a tear, this was amazing.
Mar 2, 2018 2:27 PM
Jan 2012
Very cool. Finally Zuka-chan have one opportunity. Great Sucess!.
Much emotions. I loved. Finally see the Mangaka of Dan san hikou shoujo tai.
Climax final of this anime so very fantastic for me.
Oct 28, 2018 8:31 AM

Sep 2011
This episode alone made me want to increase my score for this series. I'm totally moved.

Mar 14, 2019 3:50 PM

May 2016
ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKAAAAAA CHAAAAAAAAN T____T

oh God I seriously wept when she said that got a step closer to her dream ah I'm so happy for her.
Apr 21, 2019 6:34 AM

Feb 2018
Finally Lucy seiyuu is Shizuka.
May 7, 2019 6:59 PM

Nov 2018
Oh my god Zuka finally got a role!! Aoi's reaction throughout was so perfect. From her utter shock when she walks in to that last line... my god. And then when Aoi started crying they showed it for so long, it really fit the scene. Those tears were so fucking good. Zuka getting shit on for 22 episodes really made this pay off, holy shit. The impact was that much bigger. damnnnnnn
May 11, 2019 11:22 PM
Jan 2019
This episode has everything I need in an anime. I'm glad to find this gem :)
May 17, 2019 6:29 PM
Feb 2009
Omg yass my girl Zuka finally lands a role!!!!
Jul 15, 2019 2:53 PM
Sep 2015
So "funny story" guy got fired.
I love this anime! Too bad there's only 1 episode left. It's such an emotional masterpiece โค
Oct 10, 2019 8:02 PM

Feb 2011
Okay but did they really need to make that author-director meeting scene so over the top ?
Oct 23, 2019 6:07 AM

Apr 2013
Finally they are able to meet the author and of course that obnoxious guy was the main cause of all of their problems. Also Zuka-chan finally got a role, yaaaaaay. Those last scenes were really touching.
Jan 2, 2020 12:44 PM

May 2011
The "action bits" of the director going into Nighthawk Publishing were so unexpectedly hilarious!

...as for the rest, I'm not crying, you're crying! ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Feb 6, 2020 4:15 PM

Mar 2014
Uh guess I'm one of very few people who found this episode awful and cringy, one of the top 3 worst..
Mar 1, 2020 3:02 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Aoi's tears have been spread to me :/
Apr 27, 2020 8:30 PM

Apr 2016
There aren't many moments in anime that I would call series-defining. The scene where Shizuka finally lands a role and performs it in front of Miyamori is one of those rare moments that automatically reminds me why I adore this show every time I remember that it's in my top 20. I haven't seen the show in over 3 & 1/2 years but I've revisited this scene like 20 times. I'm getting emotional just writing about this after rewatching it again and making the exact same gestures and facial expressiona Miyamori did when she cried this scene.
CodeBlazeFateFeb 17, 2022 4:25 PM
Apr 30, 2020 10:52 PM

Feb 2017
So glad Shizuka got her shot at the end. That crying animation was also stellar!
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Jul 28, 2020 12:46 PM
Dec 2015
3 times to rewatching. 3 times i cried
Aug 21, 2020 12:22 AM

Jul 2013
So late to the Shirobako party, I can't believe it took me years to come across this masterpiece.

Throughout my years of watching anime, I've only shed tears once and that was in Clannad After Story when Tomoya hugged Ushio in the sunflower fields after he decided to properly accept his role as a father.
Shirobako is the second anime now with that subtle, yet powerful scene of Shizuka finally being given a chance and Aoi crying of happiness for her dear friend.

It reminded me when I was applying for my first job out of university where I received over 50 rejection letters/no follow-ups before nailing one. This anime is so damn relatable to the struggles we deal with in early adulthood.
hyperfireFeb 6, 2022 9:43 PM
Nov 30, 2020 2:23 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
yeah this show is good but not great I'm just slightly bored is it almost over- *watches this episode*- Am I, crying??!

It's like everything they've been through, has finally paid off. What a great freaking climax

and the director fighting his way to the top of the tower was absolute fire

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 12, 2020 6:57 AM
Aug 2020
The moment the director and the author came up with the little sister character, I knew that our favorite redhead would voice her, that was great stuff.
Jan 5, 2021 6:06 AM

Oct 2020
Very glad to see Zuka get a role.Her years' hard work finally paid off.
[/url]
Jan 13, 2021 11:23 PM
Apr 2020
I was really moved that I almost cried when Zuka-chan got the role.
Jan 18, 2021 3:39 PM

Jul 2017
That was outstanding. It had everything. After having all the storyboards rejected in the previous episode for the finale, Director Kinoshita in his cowboy outfit using his belly to defeat Nogame-sensei's staff like mobs, to approach the final boss and then have a conversation to come to a resolution where Aria can fly in the end after finding a ray of hope in Catherine's little sister after Catherine passed away. And that Catherine's little sister is voiced by Shizuka too (without the help of any one of her friends working at the anime of course), so all five of them have now been involved with this anime project and Aoi broke down a bit from not only how touching the scene was, but how far her friend's come and how she finally got a solid little cameo in a promising anime, especially the one she's working on to.

Kinda wish they figured out to e-mail the mangaka directly early on rather than only at the end, but hey, they figured to do that at least by the end, and that editor deserved all the yelling he got for being so incompetent and selfish to not let Nogame in on much with the anime adaptation, no wonder there was such a disconnection with Nogame's criticisms and how everything was getting greenlit with ease from their side to the anime staff.

Overall, it was an episode with laughs, tears and tons of development and satisfaction overall. Shirobako might have some aspects where I wish it was more serious or a little more realistic with the anime industry or tackled tougher themes, especially for animators since they have such tough jobs with not enough pay whatsoever and the anime paints a bit too much of an optimistic lens on the industry, but the second half has been such a blast that even with not cutting deeper into the reality than what I hoped for, it still really does deliver an entertaining and cheerful show with a lot of depth put into it. Plus, this project kicks Exodus' ass and I can tell from the bits of the finale alone, that if I had that airing in real life now, it would be one of the better anime of the season for sure.
Jan 29, 2021 4:43 AM

Feb 2019
Amazing episode. They managed to exceed my expectations by a LOT and instead bumped up my tentative score for this series from an 8 to a 9! I honestly thought that the tentative score might be reduced to 7 with how things looked for Shizuka, but damn if they didn't do it well.

That Western-style scene was hilarious, totally unexpected. Glad that the damned editor Chazawa got what he deserved, with how laid-back and lazy he was.

That was a great scene with the author. It was really great to see them discussing the meaning of the story. I especially liked how the author said that the five girls in Third Aerial Girls Squad are metaphors for his own personal struggles. As a hopeful writer myself, I like when stories are metaphors, especially of one's life. Damn, they should've tried emailing him directly earlier!

But the true highlight of this episode is without a doubt Shizuka's scene. We already knew where that was headed the moment Nogame-sensei talked about Catherine's sister.

Aoi's reactions were the scene's coup de grace. Her reactions, especially at the end breaking down crying, seeing Shizuka FINALLY after her all her hard work GET A VOICE ACTING JOB... I would cry too to be much, and I honestly almost did watching that scene. My eyes were teary and I almost cried. Aoi's crying was just such a touching scene... Really goes to show you what kind of person Aoi is though. Crying and being happy to such lengths because her friend finally reached the first steps of her dreams.

Now let's see how they end this!
Mar 27, 2021 10:15 PM

May 2019
Finally she gets a role! I saw it coming, but it was still heartwarming to see anyway. I really liked that Shizuka could see the shock on Aoi's face when she showed up, confirming that she had been chosen because of her voice and not any connections.
stan loona
Apr 18, 2021 7:44 AM

May 2015
Director special techniques were something else. ;D

Zuka got some role. I'm not crying!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 28, 2021 8:03 PM

Aug 2011
Wow what a great freaking ep! When Miyamori teared up I felt it too. They truly captured the profound joy for a friend in her expression.
desu desu binches
Nov 22, 2021 4:27 AM

Aug 2018
currently rewatching the show, just as perfect as i remember it being which is saying a lot considering my gained experience and knowledge with media in general. this episode is one of the strongest 10/10s of any anime episode that i've seen, love this show to death.

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

286 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.