Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 18, 2015 2:50 PM

Jan 2014
Can't wait for the last episode :)
Mar 18, 2015 2:51 PM
Feb 2014
Lahi said:
Ya Shinichi surviving was a major plot hole.

Shinichi came to terms with his death and was ready to leave the human world. There was no fear for him to activate Migi. Yet in the entire time he was fighting Gotou it never came through but conveniently when Shinichi is ready to die, it comes out of his ass. How in the ever loving fuck did a small portion of Migi, activate and block Gotou's full attack? Gotou created a blade and was ready to swipe down on Shinichi, yet for some reason Shinichi's skin was enough to block the attack.

Also wtf was up with that lightning and that blue light when the attack was blocked?

First half was great, second half was terrible.

Its explained, when the poison entered the body, instead of 1 organism, they turned into their seperate parasytes, and thats when gotou hesitated when trying to deliver the final blow to Shinichi. Then suddenly, an arm came up (which was obviously migi) and attacked shinichi and bonded back with the remaining cells in his body and voila :D well thats what i understood. No plot holes there imo.

My favourite episode yet, i was literally fangirling so hard when migi returned with a simple "hey" hahaha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2015 2:56 PM

Dec 2013
YO

Lol. Shinichi, what kind of shit logic is that?
Oh, and suddenly he changes his mind.
Mar 18, 2015 2:57 PM

Feb 2013
First half of the episode was pretty bad with the excessive "I'm gonna kill you" (whilst walking very very slowly) and "I'm gonna die, I stand no chance!" dialogue. The actual finish was decently thought out though a bit convenient.

WuBoyBR said:
Piece of shit.
This show just have to ended in ep 12,only after that declines in quality in an absurd level...

The mid-way point was way worse then this
gedataMar 18, 2015 3:01 PM
Mar 18, 2015 3:03 PM
Jan 2015
This episode was kinda meh, but at least Migi is alive :)
I would like to know how and why he survived? Why Gotou didn't kill him?
Mar 18, 2015 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
Hunter X Hunter took some inspiration from this in the Chimera Ant arc.
Great episode.
Mar 18, 2015 3:06 PM

Mar 2014
the episode went really fast
glad migis back
felt abit weird glad they killed gotoh in the end
Mar 18, 2015 3:23 PM

Oct 2009
My rating has been steadily going downhill from 9/10 to 6/10.. hoping it ends above 5/10.
Mar 18, 2015 3:25 PM

Jun 2014
10/10
Mar 18, 2015 3:29 PM

Jan 2014
this series has really gone downhill within the last 5 episodes...
Just this is such an anticlimactic way to end this series. And there are so many asspulls n_n
Seriously though Gotou was taking his time to kill shinichi like seriously he could of got it over and done really quickly?? And idk why shinichi was hesitating so much to kill gotou
Mar 18, 2015 3:31 PM

Oct 2013
Was I supposed to feel sad when he kills Gotou? Well, didn't feel anything.

This felt unnecessarily preachy to me, we already knew the themes and subtlety is always a better path. Don't know, this anime is pretty inconsistent, at times I loved it(conflict vs parasytes, Shinichi/Migi), at times I hated it(the female side chars and too much focus on Shinichi's change) and at times it was ok. Good overall, I guess?
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 18, 2015 3:35 PM

May 2012
Dang I don't think i've ever been that excited to see an alien hand blob say "hey" before omg..
Mar 18, 2015 3:37 PM

Jun 2013
Finale: Shinichi has sex with Migi for twenty minutes
I'm not getting enough vegetables. I'm just not getting enough vegetables.
Mar 18, 2015 3:41 PM
Feb 2015
There's 2 main interpretations of that fight that I can think of.

1: Asspull, asspull, omg how can the characters be so dumb???

2: A battle of weaknesses - Gotou's arrogance vs. Shinichi's naivety - the arrogance prevails and leads to his demise.

I think it's easy not to accept interpretation 2, as it transforms the protagonist hero into somewhat of an anti-hero right at the end, but honestly letting it sink in, I really don't mind it, and actually like that twist. I generally hate storylines which are bent to impose some stupid moral lesson, but think about it this way - is there any better way for Gotou to die than as a result of his own arrogance?
Mar 18, 2015 4:02 PM

Oct 2014
The last 3 episodes were a big letdown...
LEt's hope the final episode redeems it.
Mar 18, 2015 4:05 PM

Sep 2012
Segneal said:
i felt that chopin piece i lil out of place

Chopin piece? Where was that?

I tend to miss music in anime unless it's prominent (like in Shigatsu or Aldnoah.Zero or Guilty Crown). To focused on what's going on, I guess.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Mar 18, 2015 4:20 PM
Apr 2014
migi is back!!! can't believe there's only one episode left
Mar 18, 2015 4:25 PM

Dec 2014
I had a orgasm when Migi came back I was to happy
Doing what one likes is the right of the powerful.
Mar 18, 2015 4:31 PM

Apr 2014
gotou is definitively dead?????? for sure???
gotou face is amazing with all those eyes and tooth-fangs...
migi made sinichi think....philo-sophia (that was the key)yes!!!...
Mar 18, 2015 4:31 PM

Feb 2012
LOL that environmental message at the end. Bwahahahaha! Oh my god, my sides!

gedata said:
First half of the episode was pretty bad with the excessive "I'm gonna kill you" (whilst walking very very slowly) and "I'm gonna die, I stand no chance!" dialogue. The actual finish was decently thought out though a bit convenient.

I'd agree that it was thought out decently, but I personally think this actual development is kinda lame. The theme that the world is beautiful and humans pollute the earth and whether they deserve to be weeded out,and such wasn't exactly the most unique of messages when Kino's Journey did it, let alone now. Hell, it's been exploited in much better detail way before the original manga existed. At the very least, Parasyte should have characterized the opposing side better. Ryoko ain't enough and I can't feel sorry for Japanese Doc Ock...I mean Gotou at all because despite being a lab experimentation to make the weak strong (or whatever), he's a one-dimensional mass murderer.

gedata said:
WuBoyBR said:
Piece of shit.
This show just have to ended in ep 12,only after that declines in quality in an absurd level...

The mid-way point was way worse then this

I hear you man.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 18, 2015 4:38 PM
Feb 2014
that was a great parasyte ep! only one more left.
is there a slight chance of season 2 or something?
Mar 18, 2015 4:56 PM

Apr 2012
fight felt anti-climatic :/

but the episode was alright i guess. Hope they wrap things up nicely

SakBoyK said:
that was a great parasyte ep! only one more left.

i think this is a full adaptation so 24 is the end.

Mar 18, 2015 4:56 PM

Feb 2013
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Migi is still alive.

Shinichii killed Gotou at the end.

Yes, we all watched the episode too you know.
Mar 18, 2015 5:02 PM

Aug 2014
Well, that was... kinda not what I expected for the first half. I felt there was an overabundance of ''I'm gonna kill you'' and at the same time ''I stand no chance''. Didn't like Gotou walking slowly towards Shinichi as well, that's one of the main villain cliches.

Nevertheless, the latter part was amazing. I actually can't believe Shinichi was about to leave an extremely dangerous organism live, just because everyone deserves a chance to live, but I liked his internal struggle. Ah, we all knew Migi wasn't gone forever, and that it is Shinichi's true love. Who would've thought that toxicity would kill an invincible creature like Gotou, though I guess that's befitting of humans. I'm really curious what's going to happen next time, though from what I've been told, the ending is underwhelming, which I truly hope isn't the case.

4/5

SakBoyK said:

No, since this anime adapts the Kiseiju manga which ends with the next and final episode.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 18, 2015 5:03 PM

Feb 2013
Flawfinder said:
LOL that environmental message at the end. Bwahahahaha! Oh my god, my sides!

gedata said:

I'd agree that it was thought out decently, but I personally think this actual development is kinda lame. The theme that the world is beautiful and humans pollute the earth and whether they deserve to be weeded out,and such wasn't exactly the most unique of messages when Kino's Journey did it, let alone now. Hell, it's been exploited in much better detail way before the original manga existed. At the very least, Parasyte should have characterized the opposing side better. Ryoko ain't enough and I can't feel sorry for Japanese Doc Ock...I mean Gotou at all because despite being a lab experimentation to make the weak strong (or whatever), he's a one-dimensional mass murderer.

I could get by having a simplistic message if both sides were easier to care for but the conflict here for the most part has been framed as such a simple "good/evil" binary (outside of Ryouko of course). The human characters as a whole aren't the best either but I have problems with them with reasons too specific to go into here.
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Migi is still alive.

Shinichii killed Gotou at the end.

What? Now way. Next thing you'll tell me is that they made a Parasyte anime and that we've been watching it all along?
gedataMar 18, 2015 8:50 PM
Mar 18, 2015 5:04 PM
Feb 2014
great to see migi is back!
Mar 18, 2015 5:11 PM

Jun 2014
Why does Migi suddenly care about killing other parasites? He didn't give two shits about every other one they fought.
Mar 18, 2015 5:18 PM

Nov 2008
Isn't Migi contaminated now with that toxin? He was inside Gotou too.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 18, 2015 5:27 PM

Mar 2015
"Hey."

Back from the dead and just a casual salutation. So Migi. Fave part of the episode.
Mar 18, 2015 5:31 PM

Jan 2008
Migi is alive! So he did hitch a ride on Gotou's host body after all.

When Shinichi stabbed and drove the thin metal pipe in, I thought the "toxin" was from the rust, but with the illegal dumping and Migi's speculation, it could have been any number of harmful chemicals that were also dumped as well, which in Migi's words "may include hydrogen cyanide from the combustion of acrylic products". I honestly didn't expect some science to garnish the phyilosphical dish, that is this great show.

If Shinichi hadn't finished off Gotou's living fragmented remains, he would have undoubtly come back to kill Shinichi, his family, and everyone he cares about, for revenge. The regret in Shinichi's words and his eyes really showed how hard he was struggling with whether or not to kill him.
Mar 18, 2015 5:32 PM

Apr 2014
Had to watch the last half twice to get ahold of what actually happened. I guess I'm in the minority when I say that the end to this parasite vs human conflict was well done.

Flawfinder said:
The theme that the world is beautiful and humans pollute the earth and whether they deserve to be weeded out

I strongly believe that interpretation of the theme or 'underlying' message of anything is up to any viewer, but regardless, this wasn't what I perceived from the episode. Yes, Migi and Shinichi talked about human pollution and their negative effects on Earth, but I felt that Shinichi's decision to kill Gotou nullified this. If the message really was environmental preaching, then the MC would really have "left it up to nature" or something. But he doesn't.
This series definitely focuses on human morality, and the righteousness behind "doing it for the human race/Earth". On the contrary, I thought Shinichi's reluctance & even the fact that he was crying showed that killing parasites wasn't really for this sense of morality. I felt that Kiseijuu tried to connect this whole conflict back to nature and the (portrayed as) degenerate concept of survival. It's saying that at the end of the day, the only thing humans are trying to do is survive. Even the mere detail that he had to use his own hands (not Migi) to kill Gotou validates this. I didn't think this episode was saying that the world should be protected. It wasn't saying that we shouldn't protect it either. The world, and nature, is really just the stage for the concept of surviving.
Sure, Shinichi can be seen as selfish when he rid another being of its life (to save himself and his "family")- but is that not a basis for survival? Isn't selfishness considred a part of every average, normal human being?

Anyway, that's my take on it. TL;DR I interpreted it as 0 actual environmental preaching and that this series is really about survival as the most prominent aspect of human life.
Mar 18, 2015 5:40 PM

Apr 2013
WuBoyBR said:
Piece of shit.
coming from a sao fan its ironic.
Mar 18, 2015 5:58 PM

May 2014
MIGGGGGGGGIII
He can now fap peacefully with his right hand lmao.
jk obviously

I just cant help to wonder what's going to happen in the last episode. Is Shinichi going to reveal migi to his very close friends? Is there going to be a new Parasyte?
Mar 18, 2015 6:03 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man actually ... it wasnt bad but actually i expected better. ._.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 18, 2015 6:08 PM

Jun 2013
Very good episode! kinda surprised with the hate tbh
Mar 18, 2015 6:13 PM

Jan 2014
It wasn't as bad as I heard. Pretty good ep. Don't know why he second guessed though. That guy was gonna kill your family and friends.
Mar 18, 2015 6:13 PM

May 2012
Enjoyed the episode, but the anime felt like it quickly went downhill during the second half. There were great moments in the second half, just not enough to redeem itself, I'd say. I can't imagine the last episode really doing much for the anime as a whole, so I'll just rate it a 6 or 7 now.

Despite my dissatisfaction with some of things I found wrong, I really enjoyed the anime.
OlemMar 18, 2015 6:20 PM

Mar 18, 2015 6:14 PM

Oct 2013
Good episode, was expecting a bigger more exciting fight though but still enjoyed it.

Mar 18, 2015 6:23 PM
Aug 2014
This episode compounds a problem that has been consistent throughout the show. Whenever a character in this anime poses the question, "What makes the actions of parasites any different from those of humans?", thus likening the parasites' predation on humans to the industrial slaughter of animals, the audience is expected to accept that these practices are equivalent (not in magnitude, but in principle). I think that's a reasonable deduction.

However, the author/director also expects that we--you and me, as human beings--not be disturbed by the fact that members of our own species are being preyed upon simply because predator-prey behavior is natural. Such rhetoric isn't going to fly with me, and for two reasons: One, it's casuistry. Two, we are social beings. I directly benefit from and am dependent upon the collective prosperity of my fellow humans. Of course I am going to eradicate the presence of a natural predator, because it poses an immediate threat to my survival and to my prosperity. I would expect the same of everyone posting in this forum.

For Shinichi to have any qualms about killing Gotou is completely, entirely, and wholly nonsensical. Depending upon the outcome of the final episode, my initial rating for this show may have just been knocked down a point or two.
Mar 18, 2015 6:27 PM

Mar 2012
Why was Shinichi reluctant to kill Gotou? Even though Reiko entreated Shinichi to not bully Parasites, finishing off Gotou would be an act of justifiable self-defense. It's kind of hypocritical of Shinichi, who's a meat-eater, to be concerned over the life of a Parasite that was going to slaughter him. His compassion for sentient beings extends to a species that massacres humans, but not to cows, pigs, chickens, fish, etc.? Sure, there are slightly empathetic Parasites such as Migi, Jaw, and Reiko, but Gotou wasn’t like them.

Overall, this was an anti-climatic episode with substandard development. I hope that the finale will make up for what was lacking in the last few episodes.
MischievousGhostMar 18, 2015 6:50 PM
Mar 18, 2015 6:31 PM
Mar 2011
Too bad, I was actually cheering for Gotou to regenerate and understand that he was allowed to live
Mar 18, 2015 6:39 PM

Dec 2014
The manga did have problems, but it was 20 years ago, and the mangaka isn't really that great himself either, it's the premise and the themes that are rarely seen at the time captured everyone's attention. One of the reasons it's a half-ass adaptation is that the production team doesn't factor that in, doing just a straight adaptation is not adequate enough to meet modern standards, not to mention they made some of the changes that remove some of the charm the series has, but it's just the artist speaking, it's a business after all, the live-action movie has the same problems, but it's modern Japanese cinema, there's no expectations to speak of.

Remember the old days when the industry still made good manga adaptations wholeheartedly not just a shameless cash crab even though some of the source materials were average in their own right? Like Gunslinger Girl (the 1st season exclusively), and Koi Kaze? Plantees (great source material and the adaptation is debatable but still a good one)? 2003-2004 is some of the best year for manga adaptations.

Go Pollution!
raveninthemuddleMar 18, 2015 7:13 PM
Mar 18, 2015 7:00 PM

Jun 2013
That was an intense fight!
I'm glad that Migi is back, although I'm not surprised. He's so cute. c:
Shinichi was lucky to stab a weapon with toxin into Gotou's weak spot.
I thought Shinichi will spare Gotou, but he changed his mind at the last second.
Looking forward to finale next week.
Mar 18, 2015 7:09 PM

Dec 2013
Gravaged said:
This episode compounds a problem that has been consistent throughout the show. Whenever a character in this anime poses the question, "What makes the actions of parasites any different from those of humans?", thus likening the parasites' predation on humans to the industrial slaughter of animals, the audience is expected to accept that these practices are equivalent (not in magnitude, but in principle). I think that's a reasonable deduction.

However, the author/director also expects that we--you and me, as human beings--not be disturbed by the fact that members of our own species are being preyed upon simply because predator-prey behavior is natural. Such rhetoric isn't going to fly with me, and for two reasons: One, it's casuistry. Two, we are social beings. I directly benefit from and am dependent upon the collective prosperity of my fellow humans. Of course I am going to eradicate the presence of a natural predator, because it poses an immediate threat to my survival and to my prosperity. I would expect the same of everyone posting in this forum.

For Shinichi to have any qualms about killing Gotou is completely, entirely, and wholly nonsensical. Depending upon the outcome of the final episode, my initial rating for this show may have just been knocked down a point or two.

My sentiments exactly. I was going to articulate my frustrations with the generic battle-shounen, suicidal stupidity, and discursive/absurd touchy-feely monologues, but I don't see the point. It all felt too hamfisted for me to take seriously, even Migi's return and Shinichi's lugubrious reaction.

Hopefully the finish is strong...
DouluoMar 18, 2015 7:51 PM
Mar 18, 2015 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
Wait, did Shinichi just go on about how it wasn't his place to decide Gotou's fate and then turn around and kill him anyway?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 18, 2015 7:17 PM

Nov 2014
wheresthehandle said:
Wait, did Shinichi just go on about how it wasn't his place to decide Gotou's fate and then turn around and kill him anyway?

Yes, because Migi told him that it is stupid to think about what is the best for earth overall.

Sadly, but this episode disappointed me. Beside being glad that Migi is back I found the end part -week Gutu and all the humanity talk- not good.
You can't think that maybe he should not be killed because he is striving to live and humans have been killing the earth.
He is a killing machine, without any feeling and have killed hundreds of innocents. Death is a fair punishment. I am glad he decided to kill him by the end or that would've really pissed me.

Last episode, hope they reveal how did the parasites exist from the first time. And I hope Shenchi tells his father about Migi and EVERYTHING else. I hope the last episode will turn well, because I don't want to reduce my rating from 10 to who knows what for an annoying ending to a great show.

Gravaged said:

Totally agreeing with you. Also I believe certain people deserve to die because they didn't value other's life.
Underestimating the value of other's life (i.e. killing innocents) is the only sin that should be punished with death, as they are technically not any different than the parasites.
HakayaMar 18, 2015 7:25 PM
Mar 18, 2015 7:25 PM

Dec 2013
wheresthehandle said:

Yes, as I recall. Both MCs changed their minds after the rhapsodic philosophical rambling - ughh. Funny how there was no moral ambivalence when Gatou was committing wholesale slaughter on the villagers >_> I'm one who really goes for this kind of shit too, but the execution was just...off. With the big boss out of the way though, I have a feeling the last ep returns to its roots *fingers crossed*
DouluoMar 18, 2015 7:28 PM
Mar 18, 2015 7:26 PM
Apr 2010
Gravaged said:

I agree with you 100%. I can understand why Shinichi had sympathy for Reiko in her final moments, she was capable of reasoning and experiencing emotions. She wasn't a mere manslaughter machine like Gotou was. She somewhat became “human”.

Plus, when you think about it, parasites do not have predator, just like humans in the real world. In the long term, I believe the parasites would be much more damaging to the ecosystem because they would most likely and eventually run out of humans to kill. Then what? They become extinct because they’ve run out of prey. Sure, humans also kill other animals, and pollute the planet, and so on and so forth. But we are aware of the fact that our way of living is damaging our ecosystem and we’re trying our best to “protect” it–not saving it–regardless of our actions. Parasites don’t give a shit about ensuring the sustainability of their ecosystem, they’re born to kill.

The author tried to raise existential questions that are worth asking, however failed at making them relevant as far as the plot is concerned. They’ve been trying to kill Gotou for what? 5 episodes? Shinichi's hesitation at the end was irritating and pointless.

I gave a 10 for the show but this episode made me want to drop it down. I’ll wait for the last episode to decide whether I change it or not, but it would be a shame that such a good story is ruined by pointless and irrelevant pseudo-philosophical questions.
Mar 18, 2015 7:31 PM

Dec 2013
I still think on the basis of screen time, Reiko has been the best character in this series.
DouluoMar 18, 2015 7:50 PM
Mar 18, 2015 7:31 PM

Jul 2014
Fuck yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh MIGI IS BACK!! THE TRUE HERO IS BACK ^^ I LOVE YOU MIGI ;)
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Yesterday, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

654 by brenosempau »»
Apr 11, 9:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.