Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 31, 2015 1:25 AM
Dec 2011
Ahhhhhh I love everything, EVERY SINGLE SECOND of this OVA!! Sousuke is a baeeee( tho I was lil late into liking him in ES) Makoto remains biggest bae as usual. Nice to see the Iwatobi team getting close to Sousuke especially Haru. Reminds me of the HS! novel when Haru and Sousuke can actually get friendly with each other especially when it comes to swimming and probably Rin!

Sousuke and Rin in butler suits are just gorgeous and lol @ Aimomo in maid outfit. Ai is really pretty wtf xD

The game was the most intense water shooting game I've ever seen. That Souharu teamtag, Reigisa rivalry, MAKOHARU SMEX STARE!, RinRei being dramatic, Nagisa being a cockblock as usual, adorkable Aimomo, RinHaru final showdown and Haru watergasm oh god I can go on and on forever. Also KISSME IS BACKKK ! Hogging on everyone's attention and stay fab as ever. My only complaint is the lack of Gou </3 but the SouGou moment is a really pleasant sight:D

Lastly... MAKO-CHAN AND HARU-CHAN ARE ACTUALLY... WHATTTT?!!! NAGISA U LIL SHIT. Finish UR sentence!

MOARRR FREE for the movie. Yeah give me moarr KYOANI!
Mar 31, 2015 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
Shuhan said:
That was very gay.

Yep and it was weird to watch.
removed-userMar 31, 2015 11:22 AM
Apr 8, 2015 3:52 AM

May 2010
Why would you ditch Gou? Tch.

Lol way to go Sousuke, you got lost in your own school. I hope one day I get the honour of doing that, too.

Those were some nice Kisumi/Sousuke interactions.

Yay for Gou! That was some awesome fanservice! They didn't go easy on Susuke x Gou either, I might ship it a little now.

Such epic trap laid by Nagisa. Rei is such a drama-king. Nagisa has been the star of their game, handling two opponents.

"All according to Keikaku." Lol.

Lol Haru has infinite supply of guns. Like Sou/Haru interactions as well.

Lol Sousuke is as much of a drama-king as Rei. LMAO Haru is the best, he took on the hit himself. Guess he was starting to get dehydrated.

LMAO Haru totally ditched Rin and went for Sousuke, saying goodbye to him specifically. Nice to hear Future fish again.

Great special. No doubt it's rated so high. 9/10
Apr 13, 2015 2:25 PM

Sep 2014

new favorite saying
Apr 21, 2015 10:36 AM

Jul 2009
LOL HARU TOTALLY AIMED AT KISUMI!
Apr 21, 2015 10:38 AM

Jan 2015
omg i havent watched this yet!!! but i am so excited too!
Apr 21, 2015 1:43 PM

Jul 2010
Now that was really enjoyable!

Momo "died" happy xD

Rei coughing out water was great too, didn't expect the trap master to fall for one himself!

Sousuke's sacrifice was for naught, Haru can't ever evade water and his satisfied expression afterwards!

The goodbye really highlighted the strong bonds!
Apr 21, 2015 3:18 PM

Nov 2011
Haru x Water confirmed. Pretty amusing episode overall and I gotta say, Rin looked fabulous:

Apr 21, 2015 3:46 PM

Oct 2011
I MISS THIS SO MUCH T____T
Apr 21, 2015 6:38 PM

Jul 2011
Yandere Makoto, yes please.

Lovely episode, makes me miss the series. <3
Apr 22, 2015 12:26 AM

Jul 2013
It's been a while I really miss this show, the OP & ending and most likely the characters! This special is really special for this special day! (^-^) I enjoy it a lot! Rin-chan and Haru-chan! maidos and that mackerel game...I mean SURVIVAL GAME XD
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Apr 24, 2015 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
omf my feels this was so intense i don't understand

those overly dramatic deaths... that gou x sousuke and basically all the other ships... everything pretty much = perfection <33

also anyone else think butler rin looked like sebby :pp

DoragonessU said:
I like how KyoAni decided to take everything that we know and love about Free! and put it all together to make this OVA!

it was beautiful i'm sobbing

moeanao said:
Makoto was hnnng. I loved his attitude during the game.

right?! i got chills lol... and nagisa too!!

PhantomL said:
Oh yeah, apparently free! is getting a movie in December.

THIS BETTER BE FOR REAL DON'T PLAY WITH MY FEELS

i want moar ;____;
laputiaApr 24, 2015 10:44 AM
Apr 25, 2015 2:11 PM

Jun 2013
Haha, that was hilarious. I think I'm gonna watch it again.
Gotta miss summers with Free!
Apr 27, 2015 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
Oh my. I really enjoyed the OVA. :>
May 5, 2015 4:35 PM

Apr 2007
This was perfect in every way. The comedy, new & classic character interactions, dramatic deaths (Rei <3), and even seeing Kisumi :3 Thank you Kyoani for this beautiful episode after how disappointing Eternal Summer was for me
May 6, 2015 6:35 AM

Dec 2013

this scene made the entire thing.
May 14, 2015 10:42 PM

Apr 2014
This gave me all the feels from when I watched the first 2 seasons
Nagisa is actually a perv when it comes to guys hahaha
Lifting up them skirtsss
Jun 19, 2015 11:09 PM
Jun 2015
Can anyone tell me the name of the song playing when it's the showdown between Rin and Haru?

Thank you!
Jul 18, 2015 5:27 AM

Jul 2013
I absolutely adored this OVA!

It was everything I wanted and more! The water fight, such a fitting thing for the swim teams to do.

Rin as a butler was super hot, I only wish they had shown a flashback of him remembering himself dressed as a maid the year before! LOL!

Momo and Ai as maids lol. Nagisa was staring at Momo's swimwear underneath for far too long! LOL!

I liked how Haru thought it was a mackerel game not survival LOL!!! What would a mackerel game be? lol. Seeing who could eat the most? Haru would have won there. Damn, now I wish I was having mackerel for lunch again but I already got a burger out to defrost. When I finished ES I had mackerel to celebrate for lunch lol.

You just knew he would let himself get him in the face by water at the end, he liked it too much. If he could marry water he would lol.

Sousuke let himself get hit for nothing!

The overly dramatic deaths were hilarious, the whole thing was hilarious!

It was nice to see Kisumi back too! poor boy got hit twice when he wasn’t even playing though!

I wonder what it was Nagisa was going to say at the end about Haru and Makoto! I wanna know!!!

I loved it! I hope since they said next year they'll have to go to Iwatobi's festival that they make another OVA there! That'd be epic!

This was just as great as the first and second season and I'm glad I finally got around to actually watching it! <3

You can't not love those boys!

It was simply amazing!

Haru and Rin and Makoto and Rei and Nagisa and Sousuke and Kisumi <3
stephtastropheJul 18, 2015 5:30 AM
Sep 19, 2015 12:50 AM

May 2014
OMAYGAAAAAAAAAAHD!!! THE YAOI VIBES BETWEEN THE BISHOUNENSS.... KANJIRUUUUUU!!! O//////////////O *MASSIVE NOSEBLEEDS* Sousuke feeding Rin... Sousuke and Nagisa... Sousuke and Haru's silence... Rei-chan eating Nagisa's food... Sousuke covering Kisumi's mouth (omogoooodd.. he's hugging him... AHHHH!!!)

Hahahahahhaha, dat survival game lol Haru..
Oct 10, 2015 1:45 PM

Nov 2013
8.38 for a medicore (at best) fanservice special? Really?
Another proof that fangirls and their overrating makes everything worse.
(Well, at least the series in general was slightly better than Kuroko no Basket thanks to Kyoto Animation. But still almost unwatchable.)
abystoma2Oct 10, 2015 1:50 PM
You all need to watch Nami.

Oct 22, 2015 5:37 AM

Jun 2015
[size=90]Waaaay to funny lol gave this a 9
Rin as a butler. T___T & Sousuke making him taste his cooking jesus
That Rin & Rei scene was too fucking hilarious XD
And Sousuke "sacrificing" himself HAHAHAHA that was so dramatic lmao
& I should have expected that ending lmao Haru's face >>>

Jan 23, 2016 5:25 PM

Feb 2009
GOD
This 2nd season just killed me orz
And this special was waaaaay too cute
Specially since they made unexpected pairings such as Rin x Rei, Ai x Nagisa and Haru x Sousuke <3
Feb 7, 2016 6:55 PM

Mar 2008
holy moly the amount of fanservice and shipping is insane. so many new ships... i'm surprised most by Sou/Gou though... they'd make a very cute ship. But that ending scene of SouHaru... some MakoRin there...

Very cute and funny OVA. I wish it didn't end.
Mar 8, 2016 6:44 PM

Apr 2015
Everything is so perfect. I can't stop laughing becauae Momo's pantsu shot, it's too precious omfg.

Rin as a butler while Momo and Ai are maids. I love the fanservice in this episode.

Rin = Sebastian

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 2, 2016 1:07 PM

Jun 2010
I loooooooooooooooove this! The second season didn't have any fun moments so this was great to watch. I love Sosuke! He's way too sexy<3 And the moment with Gou. <3

I love how dramatic this episode was <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2016 5:32 AM

Mar 2014
That water splashing scene

LOL
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 23, 2016 10:11 AM

Jun 2015
This was so dramatic falling in this way after getting shot.

This is my favorite part.

If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 23, 2016 10:13 AM

Jun 2015
Malfegor said:

this scene made the entire thing.

absolutely right lol
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 23, 2016 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
OH MY GAAHHHHH this was so good! Kyoani catering to the fans lol Also Sousuke looked hot at the end in the t-shirt... those muscles *q*
Aug 12, 2016 7:31 PM

Mar 2016
One of the best OVAs I've watched, I laughed so hard at this, replayed the scene with Nagisa shooting Rei, followed by his "death" and Rin's reaction two more times.
Sep 15, 2016 5:34 AM

Jan 2008
LOL. I love the water gun fight and the death drama scenes of Rei and Sousuke, especially Rei. Hahaha

I simply can't get enough of this series. ^_^
Mar 13, 2018 5:38 PM

Mar 2018
I'm so late to this series but this episode was amazing :')
Feb 24, 2019 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
it was so enjoyable to see everyone trying to wet each other lol
Apr 20, 2019 8:44 PM

Apr 2015
The fanservice this served for me. I am content lol.

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
May 16, 2019 8:38 PM

Jul 2016
Rei dramatically coughing water killed me xD

Well, at least I'm glad the fanservice didn't get to the point of showing both Rin and Sousuke as maids. Poor Nitori and Momo tho.

Overall, it was a pretty hilarious and entertaining Special. My favorite moment would definitely be Rin's dramatic revenge for Rei, so needlessly dramatic it made me laugh a lot xD

And on a side note, Sousuke being kind to Gou was actually pretty sweet to see.

7/10
Oct 25, 2019 7:29 PM

Jun 2014
Nitori in a maid dress was definitely hot!

The "survival game" was a lot of fun to watch. I lol'd when Haruka just stood there, and let Rin blow his load in his face. :P

May 9, 2020 10:33 PM
Jul 2014
This episode was really cute. The maid thing was so funny.
Jul 17, 2020 9:58 AM

Jun 2020
i watched this OVA not after eternal summer but after finishing dive to the future, omg this is so nostalgic and reminds me of why i came to love free! dive to the future focused on a lot of the other characters and although they are all interesting (and mad hot) this is just T__________Tttttt i love my main boys!!

maid cafe from HELL lmfaooooooooooo OK

the fanservice was off the charts - LOVED THIS OVA SO FUNNY LOOOOOL

also the voice acting was amazing as usual. and rin and gou have the same smiling eyes so cute✿∩_∩

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 29, 2020 2:41 PM
Jan 2017
There's something about that Sousuke x Gou moment that makes it just too good for me. Probably a combination of their already existing relationship and the fact that he is the tough guy of the series but looked a bit embarrassed when he lent her his jacket.
Nov 25, 2020 8:28 AM
Jul 2020
This is all I have to say

BRUH CAN ME AND RIN SWITCH SPOTS SOUSKE FEED ME NOT THAT SHARKASSDOMASSNOTWEARINGAMAIDOUTFITASS
AryaleNov 25, 2020 8:33 AM
Aug 16, 2021 10:01 AM

May 2019
I can't...stop...laughing...

Nagisa just being so complimentary is so cute!

Momo just being Momo except all dressed to the nines and Rei: "It's not beautiful at ALL! D: "
Apparently Nagisa not only has a huge appetite but thirst, too.

The game was so epic, loved the drama and intensity they put into it.

This was brilliant!

Apr 3, 2022 3:20 AM

Feb 2020
That was a hilarious OVA.

The whole survival game was so entertaining.

Cute maid outfits, haha. xD
Apr 12, 2022 9:21 PM

Aug 2020
What an absolute fun moment for these group of friends <3

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 27, 2023 1:14 PM
Dec 2021
best episode i've watched since i've been birthed into the world
Jul 13, 2023 11:05 PM
Jul 2021
Well this OVA was funny asf!! Nitori is just too cute wearing that maid outfit.

For the ones that haven't noticed Nagisa being a queer boy, he showed us a bit of how much he is one in this OVA. He during the water battle part was just way too adorable.

Nagisa was already super cute during the first two regular seasons, but on this OVA he ramped it up to 1000%
DawizzJul 13, 2023 11:43 PM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» PV

dmr - Feb 4, 2015

12 by MaryHelen »»
Mar 18, 2015 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.