Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Jun 4, 2015 3:08 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 33
how many light novels did the first season covered?
 
Jun 4, 2015 3:17 AM

Online
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 26102
masteroon said:
how many light novels did the first season covered?
first three volumes
 
Jun 9, 2015 4:40 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 105
Their probably gonna start with that scene with the challenging of the old deus and then after that scene they rewind back into what they did at the light novel volume 4,5, and 6 ending the second season with the same cliff hanger and that would give them time to make more light novels to make a third season and wrap up this wonderful anime.

And Machina from a rate of 1-10 what do you think the chances of getting a season 2 is
Modified by El_Senpai, Jun 9, 2015 6:25 PM
 
Jun 9, 2015 6:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 118
El_Senpai said:
Their probably gonna start with that scene with the challenging of the old deus and then after that scene they rewind back into what they did at the light novel volume 4,5, and 6 ending the second season with the same cliff hanger and that would give them time to make more light novels to make a third season and wrap up this wonderful anime. Go Blank!

Something like that would definetly be best case scenario for us NGNL fans. Let's hope it goes this way!

(Events of Volume 1-3) -> (Events of Volume 7) -> (Events of Volume 4-6 not including the ending of 6) -> (Events of Volume 8-??)

Same the light novel just the story slightly changed to squeeze in the game between Blank and the Old Deus 3 volumes earlier than it should be.
Modified by MachinaEx, Jun 21, 2015 3:25 PM
I swear it felt like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Jun 14, 2015 10:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
 
Jun 15, 2015 10:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
 
Jun 16, 2015 10:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
 
Jun 17, 2015 2:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1
Fyi they posted on their Facebook saying that the 7th volume Will be out on july 24th for anyone Who didnt know so we'll possibly get season 2!
 
Jun 17, 2015 4:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 118
Tobysahl said:
Fyi they posted on their Facebook saying that the 7th volume Will be out on july 24th for anyone Who didnt know so we'll possibly get season 2!
You're late to the party. It has been confirmed for about 2-3 weeks.
Modified by MachinaEx, Jun 17, 2015 2:03 PM
I swear it felt like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Jun 17, 2015 9:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~40 days until dub~
anyone else dying of anticipation? :P
 
Jun 17, 2015 2:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 118
RandomGuy2211 said:
~40 days until dub~
anyone else dying of anticipation? :P
No hype for LN 7? xD
I swear it felt like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Jun 17, 2015 11:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4
So.... is it coming soon or what? hehe
 
Jun 17, 2015 11:57 PM

Online
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 26102
Matija12 said:
So.... is it coming soon or what? hehe
About a month from now iirc
 
Jun 18, 2015 8:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~39 days until dub~
~~36 days to LN7~~
~~~33 days to Eng LN2~~~
@Machina-san Fixed :P


I hope they model ShuVi and Riku from Vol 6 after Sora and Shiro. I feel I would be able to relate to them more easily.
 
Jun 18, 2015 3:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2538
Scott Gibbs to voice Sora in the upcoming English dub.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-18/no-game-no-life-english-dub-casts-scott-gibbs-as-sora/.89446

EDIT: From the trailer, it also sounds like Shannon Emerick is voicing Tet. I couldn't really make out who was voicing Shiro though, but it's probably not going to be long until that's revealed anyway.
Modified by Atavistic, Jun 18, 2015 3:35 PM
 
Jun 19, 2015 2:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 402
danieltortoisee said:
Scott Gibbs to voice Sora in the upcoming English dub.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-18/no-game-no-life-english-dub-casts-scott-gibbs-as-sora/.89446

EDIT: From the trailer, it also sounds like Shannon Emerick is voicing Tet. I couldn't really make out who was voicing Shiro though, but it's probably not going to be long until that's revealed anyway.


I think he sounded just like Sora, as in the "no fucks are given" Sora, complete with stating rule numbers in Spanish (numero seis, anyone?).

Maybe it's Emily Neves as Shiro?
 
Jun 19, 2015 8:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~38 days until dub~
~~35 days to LN7~~
~~~32 days to Eng LN2~~~
^ Thanks for info. Will do research on these ppl (and post if interesting)



The dub doesn't sound too bad. Tet's speech doesn't suit his respective voice actor's voice though. It sounds too squeaky, and doesn't fit well with the grandoise speech he is delivering.

Shiro's VA sounds good though. Just as I imagined from reading the manga and light novel.
Sora is pretty good, a bit western for my tastes, but good as a dub.

The VAs for the bandits are actually amazing :P

But it all depends on the final product. I have high hopes, Kyle Jones.
Modified by Fallere235, Jun 19, 2015 8:57 AM
 
Jun 20, 2015 3:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~37 days until dub~
~~34 days to LN7~~
~~~31 days to Eng LN2~~~
 
Jun 20, 2015 7:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6
I think that with light novel 7 being confirmed, and the way that the english release of the anime is being done, it seems likely we'll get a second season. They want to keep the fans on edge and worried about whether new things will come out, so they give very little news for long spaces of time and then suddenly so much news happens at once.
I definitely pounced on the preorder of the english anime release and the english light novel releases.

I don't really think it will be this year, but fall 2016 seems like a good bet for the second season. At least I hope so! .-.
 
Jun 20, 2015 9:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6654
odalwa said:
They want to keep the fans on edge and worried about whether new things will come out, so they give very little news for long spaces of time and then suddenly so much news happens at once.


My guess is that they really didn't expect the success they received, so there was no plan for a second season. That said, in that the animation caused about 700,000 in additional novel sales, and the animation did around 10K per disc, I would say that a second season in mid to late 2016 is an excellent possibility.

Particularly if Vol 7 has near 6 figure sales. That would show that the animation moved the dial dramatically, making it even more obvious to the publisher that they have a serious franchise on their hands.

So don't waste you money on the english versions. Order 20 copies of the LN from a Japanese website!
 
Jun 21, 2015 9:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~36 days until dub~
~~33 days to LN7~~
~~~30 days to Eng LN2~~~


Another year?! Sucks. Oh well, at least we'll be getting a second season. (hopefully)
I'm especially excited for the adaptation of Vol 6. Its an interesting change to what's been going on.

Hopefully it's as good as the first season.
 
Jun 21, 2015 3:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 118
We're going to have one week of pure NGNL awesomeness in July. Let the waiting games begin.
I swear it felt like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Jun 22, 2015 12:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~35 days until dub~
~~32 days to LN7~~
~~~29 days to Eng LN2~~~



MachinaEx said:
We're going to have one week of pure NGNL awesomeness in July. Let the waiting games begin.

Im ready, my wallet is ready, and my energy drinks are ready.
Im gonna marathon the whole thing the moment I find a streaming site.

Edit: Fuck. Im away on holiday in a place without wifi during that time...

Someone may have to finish off the hype countdown while Im away :/

 
Jun 22, 2015 12:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4
HaXXspetten said:
Matija12 said:
So.... is it coming soon or what? hehe
About a month from now iirc


I mean anime NGNL 2nd season
 
Jun 22, 2015 12:54 PM

Online
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 26102
Matija12 said:
HaXXspetten said:
About a month from now iirc


I mean anime NGNL 2nd season
well then no :s
 
Jun 23, 2015 12:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~34 days until dub~
~~31 days to LN7~~
~~~28 days to Eng LN2~~~
 
Jun 23, 2015 12:59 PM

Online
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 26102
You don't need to keep a countdown for every single day when everything is still over 4 weeks away :s
 
Jun 24, 2015 8:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~33 days until dub~
~~30 days to LN7~~
~~~27 days to Eng LN2~~~
HaXXspetten said:
You don't need to keep a countdown for every single day when everything is still over 4 weeks away :s


Yes I do
@~@
 
Jun 24, 2015 9:40 AM

Online
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 26102
Does anyone really care that much about the official English volume 2 release or the dub anyway?

Actually the only really useful countdown would be to the day volume 7 gets fantranslated but who knows when that'll be :s
 
Jun 24, 2015 11:59 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 105
I care about the english version of the second volume but not so much on the dub im actually thankful for the countdown. Thanks! RandomGuy2211
 
Jun 24, 2015 6:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 118
HaXXspetten said:
Does anyone really care that much about the official English volume 2 release or the dub anyway?

Yes, but mostly for the dub.

HaXXspetten said:
Actually the only really useful countdown would be to the day volume 7 gets fantranslated but who knows when that'll be :s

You know, some people here can read Japanese. They don't need to wait for the fan translation.

El_Senpai said:
I care about the english version of the second volume but not so much on the dub im actually thankful for the countdown. Thanks! RandomGuy2211

Sadly the English translation of the first volume was complete crap. Hopefully it's going to be better for the 2nd one, I hope.
Modified by MachinaEx, Jun 30, 2015 3:45 PM
I swear it felt like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Jun 24, 2015 9:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 402
RandomGuy2211 said:
Shiro's VA sounds good though. Just as I imagined from reading the manga and light novel.


It's official. Caitlynn French as Shiro.



There's something lacking in her performance in this trailer, but things will get better once the dub comes out.

Any guesses who would be picked as Stephanie Dola?
 
Jun 25, 2015 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~32 days until dub~
~~29 days to LN7~~
~~~26 days to Eng LN2~~~


El_Senpai said:
I care about the english version of the second volume but not so much on the dub im actually thankful for the countdown. Thanks! RandomGuy2211


Awww you're welcome :3
ninjaluc79 said:

It's official. Caitlynn French as Shiro.

There's something lacking in her performance in this trailer, but things will get better once the dub comes out.

Any guesses who would be picked as Stephanie Dola?




Ugh, I don't know what to make of this trailer. I guess I've watched the subbed version too many times, but this westernisation sounds weird.

I still can't wait for the final thing though :P
 
Jun 25, 2015 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3928
holy shit the dub sucks
 
Jun 28, 2015 10:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2

Good news, volume 7 cover is out.
 
Jun 28, 2015 10:16 AM

Online
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 26102
Well that looks NGNL-esque alright
 
Jun 28, 2015 12:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~29 days until dub~
~~26 days to LN7~~
~~~23 days to Eng LN2~~~

I missed 2 days of the countdown im so sorry D:
 
Jun 29, 2015 9:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~28 days until dub~
~~25 days to LN7~~
~~~22 days to Eng LN2~~~
 
Jun 30, 2015 10:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~27 days until dub~
~~24 days to LN7~~
~~~21 days to Eng LN2~~~
 
Jun 30, 2015 3:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 118
HaXXspetten said:
masteroon said:
how many light novels did the first season covered?
first three volumes
Oh and also the end of the 6th one. (I know I'm kinda late)
I swear it felt like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Jul 2, 2015 9:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~25 days until dub~
~~22 days to LN7~~
~~~19 days to Eng LN2~~~


Sorry... missed another day...

Im so unorganised >.<
 
Jul 2, 2015 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 402
Sara Ornelas (Cui Yifei from Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse) as Stephanie Dola.



I think she got Steph right on the first take. Awesome. No WRY sound, though.

Don't worry guys, this is Sentai we're talking about, they will find a way around that. Either by voicing the WRY out, or making up for not voicing the WRY in other ways.

Cosplayer Jessica Nigri (Sonico from Super Sonico) is a heavy favorite to play as Jibril. What do you think?
Modified by ninjaluc79, Jul 2, 2015 7:09 PM
 
Jul 3, 2015 9:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~24 days until dub~
~~21 days to LN7~~
~~~18 days to Eng LN2~~~


VA for Steph isn't bad at all. Imma do some research on Jessica Nigri.
 
Jul 4, 2015 5:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~23 days until dub~
~~20 days to LN7~~
~~~17 days to Eng LN2~~~
 
Jul 5, 2015 1:03 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 12
Argh... the anime is taking forever probably becuase of that ending that was supposed to be in vol 6
 
Jul 5, 2015 3:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1499
~22 days until dub~
~~19 days to LN7~~
~~~18 days to Eng LN2~~~
 
Jul 5, 2015 3:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1871
JOAOAA said:
I don't really care NGNL was pretty average apart from steph and the references


Then why did you post? Seriously, if you don't care, don't post.
 
Jul 5, 2015 7:35 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1
Shiro is bar <3

Is there anyway to get a hold of good accurate LN translations?
 
Jul 5, 2015 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 118
Gus1996 said:
Shiro is bar <3

Is there anyway to get a hold of good accurate LN translations?


The fan translations are the best option. The official ones have been reviewed pretty badly.
https://fantasticmemes.wordpress.com/2015/05/03/stay-away-from-the-no-game-no-life-english-novel/

Psst, if you want, I could pm you a link to download the fan translations.
Modified by MachinaEx, Jul 5, 2015 8:38 PM
I swear it felt like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Jul 7, 2015 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 272
MachinaEx said:
El_Senpai said:
Their probably gonna start with that scene with the challenging of the old deus and then after that scene they rewind back into what they did at the light novel volume 4,5, and 6 ending the second season with the same cliff hanger and that would give them time to make more light novels to make a third season and wrap up this wonderful anime. Go Blank!

Something like that would definetly be best case scenario for us NGNL fans. Let's hope it goes this way!

(Events of Volume 1-3) -> (Events of Volume 7) -> (Events of Volume 4-6 not including the ending of 6) -> (Events of Volume 8-??)

Same the light novel just the story slightly changed to squeeze in the game between Blank and the Old Deus 3 volumes earlier than it should be.
I would say that they would do something like....I was joking about challenging you old deus....then return to volumes 4,5,6 then challenge them again...they said it before...when they dont have any prior planning or chance to srsly win against them they would not challange them...so they probably need some more infor first...then plan etc....
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
 
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »