Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jul 16, 2016 1:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 122
lordarthas2k6 said:
Well 9 days more till the 9th volume release date any news on vol 10 or manga/anime??
Still too early. There's going be at least another 2 months till the announcement of the 10th volume.
Modified by MachinaEx, Jul 16, 2016 1:24 PM
I swear it feels like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Jul 17, 2016 5:09 AM
❤Genki Girl❤

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 27598
Here's a real update for you:



http://otakomu.jp/archives/399659.html

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
Hit me up if you want someone to flirt with for a bit ^^
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Jul 17, 2016 5:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 52
OMFG Please be an adaption of volume 6 PLS PLS PLS!!!
 
Jul 17, 2016 6:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 15874
Well, that was unexpected...

To me the real news here is that they haven't forgotten about it, haha.
 
Jul 17, 2016 7:20 AM
 
Jul 17, 2016 5:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 122
As mostly everyone else here has probably already seen a Movie for NGNL has been announced. No date yet but at least this tells us they still care about NGNL. Madhouse will also not have anything to do with this movie.

"I can see this movie adaptation going two ways. Either they want to check if the demand for more content is high enough so that a sequel would bring in profit or this is the last bit of advertisement these companies are willing to invest into the series." -Mitrospeed

AnimeNewsNetwork:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-17/no-game-no-life-fantasy-light-novels-get-anime-film/.104415
MyAnimeList:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/33674/No_Game_No_Life_Movie#

I'll keep you guys updated if we ever get an official release date.
Oh yeah, we're also 8 days away from LN volume 9's release.
Modified by MachinaEx, Jul 17, 2016 5:27 PM
I swear it feels like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Jul 17, 2016 5:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 4253
Also, Yuu Kamiya confirmed via twitter that the movie will be adaptation of the vol. 6 of LN: https://twitter.com/yuukamiya68/status/754698156554596353
 
Aug 9, 2016 4:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 17
MachinaEx said:
As mostly everyone else here has probably already seen a Movie for NGNL has been announced. No date yet but at least this tells us they still care about NGNL. Madhouse will also not have anything to do with this movie.

"I can see this movie adaptation going two ways. Either they want to check if the demand for more content is high enough so that a sequel would bring in profit or this is the last bit of advertisement these companies are willing to invest into the series." -Mitrospeed

AnimeNewsNetwork:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-17/no-game-no-life-fantasy-light-novels-get-anime-film/.104415
MyAnimeList:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/33674/No_Game_No_Life_Movie#

I'll keep you guys updated if we ever get an official release date.
Oh yeah, we're also 8 days away from LN volume 9's release.


Holy smockes, it's happening. How can I throw my money on this a as a Gaijin?
 
Sep 13, 2016 9:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 122
Quick update.
-I fixed the date for the 9th volume of the LN. I had it set to July 25th 2016 but it was August 25th.
-Removed the date for the second volume of the manga consdering there was no confirmation or any sign of it being real.
-Light novel volume 7 (ENG) confirmed for April 18th 2017

Still no date for the movie btw. All we know is that it will be a movie adaption of volume 6.
I swear it feels like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Sep 25, 2016 7:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 100
WTF, No Game no Life vol5 and also volume 6 were postponed. The new release date of vol 5 is 13th of December. Does anyone have a clue what shit is Yen doing?
And according to amazon, vol 7 is slated for June 2016. On ibooks I still can't preorder the digital release of volume 7
 
Sep 27, 2016 5:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 122
Sailamoon said:
WTF, No Game no Life vol5 and also volume 6 were postponed. The new release date of vol 5 is 13th of December. Does anyone have a clue what shit is Yen doing?
And according to amazon, vol 7 is slated for June 2016. On ibooks I still can't preorder the digital release of volume 7

No clue what Yen is doing.
Anyways, I fixed all the release dates for the English LN. Thanks for notifying me.
I swear it feels like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Sep 27, 2016 5:37 AM
❤Genki Girl❤

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 27598
Yen Press have always been embarrassingly slow at releasing stuff, nothing new there

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
Hit me up if you want someone to flirt with for a bit ^^
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Oct 2, 2016 7:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 9
HaXXspetten said:
Yen Press have always been embarrassingly slow at releasing stuff, nothing new there

In some series it would be faster to learn how to read japanese than to wait until they release it in english
 
Jan 20, 2017 10:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
Why is No Game No Life so bright looking? ._.
 
Jan 21, 2017 12:46 AM
❤Genki Girl❤

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 27598
CrystalAlice_707 said:
Why is No Game No Life so bright looking? ._.
Because the entire concept is pretty bright and cheerful? The whole world is pretty much about fun and games. A dark tone wouldn't fit it at all

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
Hit me up if you want someone to flirt with for a bit ^^
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Feb 14, 2017 4:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1
The vol.10 is coming ? As i see in the first page, it have been a long time without any news about it almost all vol. get release each 6 month but now 6 month again have past and there is no news about it ? i hope there is no problem :(
 
Feb 20, 2017 6:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 663
NoSeason2NoLife
 
Apr 19, 2017 6:01 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2
The movie just had recently a date: 15 July 2017, even a TRAILER !! (fapfapfap). It's maybe the time to update the post if the author is not dead.
I don't think they will just give a movie to the fans who wait since 4 years the sequel of the story. I'm fairly sure it will be a teaser at the end of the film, I HOPE !!
Modified by DecMaster, Apr 19, 2017 6:05 AM
 
Apr 20, 2017 8:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 122
DecMaster said:
The movie just had recently a date: 15 July 2017, even a TRAILER !! (fapfapfap). It's maybe the time to update the post if the author is not dead.
I don't think they will just give a movie to the fans who wait since 4 years the sequel of the story. I'm fairly sure it will be a teaser at the end of the film, I HOPE !!

I'm still here, lol

And yeah I'll update the post. 4years is long but look at AoT it also got a S2 after that long. But it's not the same animation companies so you never know.

Anyways on a side note there's also another anime that is airing at this moment that is from the same creators as NGNL, check it out: https://myanimelist.net/anime/32407/Clockwork_Planet

Edit: Also got the dates for the English translations of the LN updated too
Modified by MachinaEx, Apr 25, 2017 5:00 PM
I swear it feels like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Apr 21, 2017 10:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2
Glad to hear it ! thank you :)

Yeah AoT gave me back huge hope to see the sequel of NGNL and maybe a incomming teaser ! The movie seems to be great but not in the same timeline, but it's a progress anyway to a sequel !

Thanks for the anime share :) I'm going to take a look at this.
 
Apr 25, 2017 5:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 122
If anything the movie is a way to get their fans attention early on and remind them they're still alive. AoT did the same thing with OVAs and a bunch of recap movies. But it's usually just a tactic to milk the series's popularity for more money. Either way it's better than nothing.
I swear it feels like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
May 31, 2017 4:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 122
Light Novel Volume 6 (eng) released!
I swear it feels like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Jun 1, 2017 12:40 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 3294
Wow, the movie's coming out next month already? Noiceeee.
 
Jun 12, 2017 8:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 35
MachinaEx said:
Sailamoon said:
WTF, No Game no Life vol5 and also volume 6 were postponed. The new release date of vol 5 is 13th of December. Does anyone have a clue what shit is Yen doing?
And according to amazon, vol 7 is slated for June 2016. On ibooks I still can't preorder the digital release of volume 7

No clue what Yen is doing.
Anyways, I fixed all the release dates for the English LN. Thanks for notifying me.


Very odd since you'd assume they'd want to release before No Game No Life Season 2 actually does come out. I've heard that book sales can be negatively impacted if the corresponding anime content is already out, and we know the movie is Volume 6 and the next season is likely Volumes, 5, 7, and 8 at the very least.
 
Jun 13, 2017 1:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 122
The LNs have been put off for a long amount of time with no news for a 10th Volume and I'm getting worried about that we won't get a 10th volume. Apparently he's been busy writing Clockwork Planet though. Tbh I don't really like CP that much, atleast compared to NGNL.

This movie is probably the biggest thing we've got in a long time. Very hyped for it.
Modified by MachinaEx, Jun 17, 2017 11:05 AM
I swear it feels like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Jul 1, 2017 5:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1
MachinaEx said:
The LNs have been put off for a long amount of time with no news for a 10th Volume and I'm getting worried about that we won't get a 10th volume. Apparently he's been busy writing Clockwork Planet though. Tbh I don't really like CP that much, atleast compared to NGNL.

This movie is probably the biggest thing we've got in a long time. Very hyped for it.


I just hope that NGNL won't loose too many fans because of all the waiting. Then they would just claim that it's not worth to continue and we are done...
 
Sep 20, 2017 9:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 122
Fixed a couple LN (ENG) Dates

No game no life zero is out! (Yes I know I'm very late)
Hopefully I'll get to watch it sooner or later.
I swear it feels like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Nov 5, 2017 9:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 41
I don't know if anyone has said anything about this update yet (as the main topic hasn't changed yet), but here it goes.

Light Novel ENG
No Game No Life Vol. 7 - 27 Feb 2018
No Game No Life Vol. 8 - 23 Jan 2018


Does anyone know though why is that volume 8 is going to come out before 7? I want to read them in order so I'll end up having a book sitting on my side bed for a month -__-
 
Nov 16, 2017 4:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 1
What I dont understand is why they decided to work on a NGNL movie about Prequel to NGNL instead of continuing the story from Season 1 is beyond me...I can understand if the response for Season 1 sucked so they release a new movie about Prequel to NGNL in order to revive & boost the franchise but since NGNL Season 1 was so well received and everyone are eagerly awaiting to continue the story about Sora & Shiro, so why bring in a totally new story although related but still about new characters all together...
 
Nov 19, 2017 3:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 381
NobleEagle said:
What I dont understand is why they decided to work on a NGNL movie about Prequel to NGNL instead of continuing the story from Season 1 is beyond me...I can understand if the response for Season 1 sucked so they release a new movie about Prequel to NGNL in order to revive & boost the franchise but since NGNL Season 1 was so well received and everyone are eagerly awaiting to continue the story about Sora & Shiro, so why bring in a totally new story although related but still about new characters all together...


Well movie is really good though. Fantastic i say.
 
Nov 29, 2017 5:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 6156
NobleEagle said:
What I dont understand is why they decided to work on a NGNL movie about Prequel to NGNL instead of continuing the story from Season 1 is beyond me...I can understand if the response for Season 1 sucked so they release a new movie about Prequel to NGNL in order to revive & boost the franchise but since NGNL Season 1 was so well received and everyone are eagerly awaiting to continue the story about Sora & Shiro, so why bring in a totally new story although related but still about new characters all together...

The movie adapted volume 6 of the novels so it's still canon material and at present the novel has 9 volumes with the latest one which came out in Oct 2016. Season 1 adapted the first 3 novels so maybe they didn't want the anime to get too close to the novels so they made this movie to satisfy the fans until then. I guess if they make a season 2 it'll adapt volumes 4,5 and 7 if it's 1 cour although light novel readers will be able to make a better prediction than I am.
 
Nov 29, 2017 6:16 AM
❤Genki Girl❤

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 27598
Also if they wanted to adapt volume 6 at any point, a movie was the most logical way to do it since it is a relatively standalone prequel story. Trying to throw this into an arc for a couple eps in a hypothetical second season would feel like a strange detour

Plus volume 6 is way too good to not adapt in some form anyway. I think it was a perfectly logical decision, and it also serves as a potential transition point into a second season consisting of maybe volumes 4, 5 and 7 in the future

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
Hit me up if you want someone to flirt with for a bit ^^
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Feb 24, 1:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 122
with how well the movie is doing I assume chances for a second season will skyrocket
I swear it feels like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Feb 24, 12:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
I really hope for next season - i really loved it. Movie was a masterpiece.
 
Feb 24, 9:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 122
Volume 10 of the light novel has been released... I had no idea considering it's been a while since the previous one. (also fixed dates for English releases of the LN for volume 7 and 8)

Edit: Just noticed LN v9 and 10 are almost 2 years apart, damn... The manga has also been continued after being on hiatus for 3 years or so. (if anyone cares about that)

I recommend reading this: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1658257
Modified by MachinaEx, Mar 1, 10:40 AM
I swear it feels like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Mar 4, 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 17
Anyone know of a place you can buy the movie with English subs? Pref. digitally.
 
Mar 31, 11:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
Hey MachinaEx , I'm just a lurker and never even log on MAL but I wanted to thank you for updating this even after 3 years. I recently saw the movie and it got me interested again.

Good to know there's still real fans like you trying to keep us as updated as possible with news regarding the series.
On a side note, I think Code geasse got another season after like what? 8 years? so I wouldn't lose hope yet. Once again thank you very much!
Gonna bookmark this post and come back every now and then good luck!

-From a fellow Québécois
 
Mar 31, 12:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 122
Crunchsu said:
Hey MachinaEx , I'm just a lurker and never even log on MAL but I wanted to thank you for updating this even after 3 years. I recently saw the movie and it got me interested again.

Good to know there's still real fans like you trying to keep us as updated as possible with news regarding the series.
On a side note, I think Code geasse got another season after like what? 8 years? so I wouldn't lose hope yet. Once again thank you very much!
Gonna bookmark this post and come back every now and then good luck!

-From a fellow Québécois


Thank you kind sir! It's comments like these that keep me updating it. Quite rare to see someone else from Québec on here, it's good to meet you!

Yes, I have heard about about new season of CG and I hope it's going to live up to the hype. It's been so long since Season 2 haha
Modified by MachinaEx, Mar 31, 12:41 PM
I swear it feels like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Mar 31, 12:38 PM
LoLiCoN

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 469
GIVE ME MOARRR SHIRO-TAN
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
 
Oct 20, 7:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 122
soonTM
soonTM
soonTM
soonTM
soonTM
I swear it feels like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!
 
Oct 20, 8:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3976
good job in keeping this thread updated.

btw there is a spin off series called
ノーゲーム・ノーライフ、です! (no game no life, desu), 4 volumes published so far
english name: No Game No Life Please. (also 4 volumes available)
the story centers around Izuna and takes place sometime after the end of season 1

and there is now a manga version of the movie
 
Top
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]