Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 5, 2009 10:08 AM

Sep 2009
The only reason why i have a problem with Amber is that she might get in between Hei X Yin thing...but Ambers power is quiet cool and when amber died i cried like a lamb so...*he he*
Dec 5, 2009 10:44 AM

Feb 2009
Probably my favorite episode this season. Now I really can't wait for there to be an OST.

Was so happy for Suou's reunion with her mom until she said Shion. Then all those damn theories I've been reading on /a/ kicked in and I almost jumped out of my chair and shook my monitor.
Dec 5, 2009 10:54 AM

Jul 2008
HE SHAVED FINALLY! :D
Dec 5, 2009 12:51 PM
Nov 2009
I'm so happy old Hei's back he still looks hot! I actually think July showed some emotion when Suou fainted. That was interesting to see. The Izanagi/Izanami theory I think is Izanami is obviously Yin and Izanagi is Shion or Suou but maybe more Shion than Suou. The end was nice when Suou isn't really Suou? What, uh...? ( Majorly freaking out here! )Can wait for next ep.! I really love DTB Season 2 with Suou better than DTB Season 1. I really hope there is a Season 3 b/c I doubt it can possibly be wrapped up in 3 more eps.
Dec 5, 2009 12:58 PM

Apr 2009
oue, those detectives were back :DDDD they are hilarious XD
tho i dont know how this series will end in 3 episodes
Dec 5, 2009 1:03 PM

Mar 2008
I just realllyyyy want that song playing during the kidnap/runaway scene *___* haha
Dec 5, 2009 1:57 PM

Nov 2009
OK so I've got a theory for you:

What if Amber is alive. We assumed at Amber used the last of her power to give Hei more time at the end of the first season. However, once you take into account the fact that Amber can move through time. Is it not possible that it was not the toddler Amber at the end, but a earlier, older Amber who had come forward in time to do the task? There for saving the toddler Amber from using her powers. I mean Amber did kind of have everything figured out from the beginning.
Dec 5, 2009 1:58 PM

Jan 2009
MadJustin7 said:

What if Amber is alive. We assumed at Amber used the last of her power to give Hei more time at the end of the first season. However, once you take into account the fact that Amber can move through time. Is it not possible that it was not the toddler Amber at the end, but a earlier, older Amber who had come forward in time to do the task? There for saving the toddler Amber from using her powers. I mean Amber did kind of have everything figured out from the beginning.

Okay, so, what'cha want us to do with this theory then? : )
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 5, 2009 2:02 PM

May 2009
Na---ni~?! So according to her mom, Suou died 8 years ago. Hmm..

The old Hei is almost back, all he needs is the contractor ability. ^^
Dec 5, 2009 3:00 PM

Apr 2009
AWESOME! Old Hei is BACK! and wow...that reunion was heart warming but at the end...PLOT TWIST!

How many flying cars we have on this season?
Dec 5, 2009 3:13 PM

Nov 2008
Great episode.
It was awesome seeing old Hei...but i kinda liked his Heibo status better! a well, he still kick major ass, even without his powers. and i seriously gotta get myself a hold of that soundtrack! Yasushi Ishii is frigging AWESOME! i'm liking his work better than Yoko Kanno.

Dec 5, 2009 3:16 PM
Jun 2008
Yay! Hei is back! And now we know what are those documents =)
However, what was that at the end of the epi? O.O
Dec 5, 2009 3:21 PM

Aug 2008
Aww...man, no more Hobo Hei? Am I the only one who liked his hobo look?

Well, that twist in the end was unexpected. I hope the next episode fills in more of the details on Suou's past. The fact that she has a twin makes things even more confusing even though Shion isn't with her.
Dec 5, 2009 3:28 PM

Jan 2009
darkninja_loki said:
Aww...man, no more Hobo Hei? Am I the only one who liked his hobo look?

You (along with many others) should really take a look at previous comments before saying things like "Am I the only one .." etc, not just in this thread, but there are quite alot of people who go about with this question, although 'Hobo Hei' is exchanged for something random from <insert random anime here>.
I mean just 2 posts ago, #113 by KingDeadKira, he mentioned that he like the 'Heibo' more. Although I can understand that you might think you're the only one, because in case you only read the first page, there doesn't seem to be any Heibo supporters there : p

Personally, I don't mind whether he's Hei or Heibo : > As long as he gets some Yin later!: D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 5, 2009 3:30 PM

Nov 2008
Oosran said:
Personally, I don't mind whether he's Hei or Heibo : > As long as he gets some Yin later!: D

Amen to that my brother XD

Dec 5, 2009 3:31 PM

Jul 2008
So glad to see the old Hei though his hobo look wasn't that bad either xD and very interestin endin. Didn't expect that to happen and now I'm all confused...i want the next ep!!!!

edit: forgot to say..I want the OST too!!! xD
LeffyDec 5, 2009 3:43 PM

I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry. I didn't really love you but I'm pretty when I lie.

Dec 5, 2009 3:34 PM

Dec 2009
Shadowmancer said:
I just realllyyyy want that song playing during the kidnap/runaway scene *___* haha

Same, I don't think the OST's are out yet though, which sucks. As soon as they're released I'm downloading that track for sure.

I'm new here by the way, if anyone would like to talk to me or whatever feel free to PM me.
Dec 5, 2009 4:06 PM
Jul 2008
Namel said:
KJacket said:
The logical assumption would be that Shion can create clones and his father puts memories into them.

No it wouldn't.
Compare the dates:
Supposed Suou's death - 8 years ago.
Meteor incident and Shion becoming a contractor - 2 years ago.
The only way it makes sense to me is if Dr. Pavlichenko is the one who's secretly a contractor, and he is the one who can create people's clones. And Shion's ability must be something that allowed him to communicate with Suou in the first episode.
Though it's hard to make a theories with this little information given.

I'm sorry, I didn't take time into consideration ( maybe I shouldve, seeing as how time is so important in DtB S1 and S2; yay Amber! ). Anyways, since Bones has thrown us a twist, I think all our theories will be wrong.

After reading some posts, and rewatching the ep =D, yah, I was also surprised why Sawasaki, who shouldve been VERY familiar with Hei's face, didn't recognize him in the lighted hallway. Jeez; i hope the last 3 eps will be packed, the story's picked up fast.
Dec 5, 2009 4:26 PM

Dec 2009
HikiganeYubi said:

Yeah NoShavember is over duh.
Dec 5, 2009 4:42 PM

Feb 2009
Jezus Hei is totaly back xD atlast 5/5
Dec 5, 2009 5:09 PM
Aug 2009
Hei & Yin FTW.

July x Suou FTW.

:D
Dec 5, 2009 6:40 PM

Jan 2008
Hei is back roar!
Suou is dead? Nani?
Dec 5, 2009 6:42 PM

Feb 2009
hehe... Glad To see The Old Hei Back...
Dec 5, 2009 8:07 PM

May 2008
dpjdm said:
HikiganeYubi said:

Yeah NoShavember is over duh.

That made me laugh. Good to Hei back at his best.

This episode totally makes up for the last lame episode. 5/5

Dec 5, 2009 8:22 PM

Sep 2009
controlmajortom said:
Every episode brings up more questions than answers. No way the series is resolved by ep.12.

Thissssssssss.

I'm waiting for a surprise "Oh woops, we messed up. We've actually got another eight episodes for you lololol". Doubt it, but I can pretend like I think it'll happen.
Dec 5, 2009 9:28 PM
Oct 2009
hei is back bichesss
Dec 5, 2009 11:38 PM
Jul 2009
Hei is back!
Dec 5, 2009 11:56 PM

Aug 2008
i so saw the suou thing coming xD
Dec 6, 2009 1:07 AM

Oct 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
The only reason why i have a problem with Amber is that she might get in between Hei X Yin thing...but Ambers power is quiet cool and when amber died i cried like a lamb so...*he he*
Yeah, that was sad when it happened and near the end. She had to use her power in the end...it was needed.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 6, 2009 1:09 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
Yeah, that was sad when it happened and near the end. She had to use her power in the end...it was needed.

And what purpose does this little comment serve, I wonder : o
Oh well, it's not like the one I'm writing now serves any specific purpose either : D
Dec 6, 2009 1:11 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Linalee-Stratos said:

And what purpose does this little comment serve, I wonder : o
Oh well, it's not like the one I'm writing now serves any specific purpose either : D

It was to remind us about Amber....I am sure some people might think that her power was the strongest with the highest payment.....
Oosran said:
MadJustin7 said:

Okay, so, what'cha want us to do with this theory then? : )

Hoping Amber comes back but like one friend of mine said....she might be in the way of Hei x Yin.....

Dec 6, 2009 2:11 AM

Sep 2009
Most probably When they show Yin ( when God when are u going to show her??? XD ) , thats when Hei will get his power back .......but when are they going to show all of this...:(
Hence ppl stop complaining about "where is heis power?"
Dec 6, 2009 2:21 AM

Oct 2009
Prince_Satan said:
Welp, Yoko's about to get her ass tortured.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing xD She's the next one who's gonna get slapped xD
Wonder what's Suou reaction when she sees Hei?? <3
Dec 6, 2009 2:24 AM

Jul 2009
So,
Yin + Shion/Suou + Hell's Gate = Contractor Apocalypse or some kinda World changing event/disaster.

And what exactly will happen to Hei in the end? (Amber mentions something doesn't she).

Kinda reminds me of what Amber says in season 1: "This is only the beginning of something that may end a 1000 or maybe a 100000 years from now."
My only problem is : Couldn't you have warned him about what will happen in 2 years first.
Then again she may have told Yin something about the future.

I don't think the ending will be bad for Hei (unless he does something extremely stupid), as Amber would probably do everything possible to ensure Hei's safety. Hopefully Yin survives too.
Dec 6, 2009 2:45 AM

Oct 2009
Evilincarnate said:

I don't think the ending will be bad for Hei (unless he does something extremely stupid), as Amber would probably do everything possible to ensure Hei's safety. Hopefully Yin survives too.

Exactly and that is where I hope Amber comes suddenly to help Hei and surprises many of her fans from first season like me.

Dec 6, 2009 3:14 AM

Aug 2008
Awesome episode...cannot wait for the new one...Hei...:3
Dec 6, 2009 4:08 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Evilincarnate said:

Exactly and that is where I hope Amber comes suddenly to help Hei and surprises many of her fans from first season like me.

Actually, I was thinking something along the lines of her having prepared some kind of safety/rescue measure for his sake. Like having told something to Madam Oreille, Misaki or Yin.
Dec 6, 2009 4:10 AM

Jan 2009
Evilincarnate said:
francismeunier said:
Evilincarnate said:

Actually, I was thinking something along the lines of her having prepared some kind of safety/rescue measure for his sake. Like having told something to Madam Oreille, Misaki or Yin.

I was going to say something like ^this, but then I thought "nah I'll let francis walk in his ignorance" or something, and I didn't : P
Dec 6, 2009 5:54 AM

Oct 2009
i just loved hei's crowning moment of awesome ^^
Dec 6, 2009 7:11 AM

Apr 2009
Probably really late and answered as well, but I didn't see anything while zipping through the past pages, so...

Ok, I give up.
Someone remind me who Amber is. I vaguely remember the name and the face. I feel like 75% of the pertinent details go over my head because the first season (apparently) is so forgettable. This is probably the 4th time I've said this, hoping that it was the fault of some time gap in the show that is the problem, but no, it's my problem. I don't seem to remember a damn plot point of the whole first season.

It's not so hard to forget, considering the First Season was mostly filler followed by a somewhat forgettable plot beginning to flow in near the end of the show.

She was the main "antagonist", and controlled the anti-Syndicate group Evening Primrose. She had a history of Hei (See: Love), and had the ability to essentially control the flow of time - Her remuneration was reverse aging, so by the end of the the first season she looked about her single digits. It was pretty much confirmed that she dies at the end of the first season.
Dec 6, 2009 7:47 AM
Nov 2008
Well that was an awesome episode, but the detectives ruined it a bit. I mean this searching for the mom was a nice Idea, but suou looks like an idiot in this clothes xD
But i'm glad that the old Hei is back.
So what's the deal with those documents? If Izanami and Izanagi meet, the world will end?
And why got suous mother told, that suou was the one who died? Did she liek shion more? :0
Dec 6, 2009 8:09 AM

Oct 2009
Shin_Guest said:
Probably really late and answered as well, but I didn't see anything while zipping through the past pages, so...

Ok, I give up.
Someone remind me who Amber is. I vaguely remember the name and the face. I feel like 75% of the pertinent details go over my head because the first season (apparently) is so forgettable. This is probably the 4th time I've said this, hoping that it was the fault of some time gap in the show that is the problem, but no, it's my problem. I don't seem to remember a damn plot point of the whole first season.

It's not so hard to forget, considering the First Season was mostly filler followed by a somewhat forgettable plot beginning to flow in near the end of the show.

She was the main "antagonist", and controlled the anti-Syndicate group Evening Primrose. She had a history of Hei (See: Love), and had the ability to essentially control the flow of time - Her remuneration was reverse aging, so by the end of the the first season she looked about her single digits. It was pretty much confirmed that she dies at the end of the first season.
I refuse to believe she dies...I am sure her ghost like in this episode or she is alive somehow...I hope they surprise people a lot. Many though that Mao died and look he is back so I hope Amber will too.

Dec 6, 2009 8:14 AM

Aug 2008
Shin_Guest said:

Nope, you were the first one to sufficiently answer the question. I remember now. Thanks.

Though, that theory someone talked about earlier sounds good.
Dec 6, 2009 9:37 AM

Sep 2008
Exciting episode! The greatest part was the music playing during Hei's escape sequence. That was dang good music!

I'm glad Kiko and Gai were back for some comic relief, and even helped further the plot in a nice way too. I loved the whole breaking the fourth wall at the beginning ("What was the director thinking? Throwing in a gag character like that?") The whole deal with the cats was great as well.

Interesting development with Suou and her mom. I wonder how her mom is connected to all of this? It seems that there may be a connection between Shion and Yin as well. Izanagi and Izanami are part of Japanese Shinto stories right? IIRC they were the first man and woman on the earth? Or they helped create Japan I think.
And I continue to be confused by the woman that keeps randomly showing up to tell people important information. This seems to be a contractor ability of some sort, but the details are still sketchy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2009 11:32 AM

Jan 2009
Finally some Li-kun action that I missed so dearly from season 1. And this is why I watch Darker Than Black.

Not for Hei x Suou or Hei x Yin (I'm a Hei x Misaki fan but that doesn't seem to probable now; Hei's response to that Russian guy demonstrates a budding loli complex, so to hell with this pairing).

Not for overpowered dolls (Yin can kill contractors, and I'm placing bets that July will have matching powers too. Growing permanent bunny ears would be a fantastic start.).

But because Hei is just completely badass when he's Li-kun. A scruffy character fighting for the past 8 episodes just does not cut it. Hei as Li-kun is what makes his badass awesome, what makes Hei, Hei.

And Kiko. I'd so kill the production team if she was left off at season 1. Good job.

Fantastic episode.
Dec 6, 2009 3:59 PM

Feb 2009
TheCha0sEffect said:
Not for Hei x Suou or Hei x Yin (I'm a Hei x Misaki fan but that doesn't seem to probable now; Hei's response to that Russian guy demonstrates a budding loli complex, so to hell with this pairing).

How do you figure?
Dec 6, 2009 4:22 PM

Sep 2008
TheCha0sEffect said:

Don't think Hei is really into romance at the moment anyways. He wants to find Yin, yes, but he hasn't really said anything as to why unfortunately. He even said he wanted to kill her at one point, though of course hasn't let us know why that is. The idea of Suou loving Hei seems particularly unlikely though, given how much the two have generally disliked/hated/remained apathetic toward each other over the course of this second season.

Not for overpowered dolls (Yin can kill contractors, and I'm placing bets that July will have matching powers too. Growing permanent bunny ears would be a fantastic start.).

Don't see any indication for July gaining more powers. Though I still don't get why he wanted to join Hei in the first place, especially when he was the one that killed April.
I think Yin has been experimented on for some reason, and that's why she was able to kill that one contractor. Though again, we don't know why or how. Or anything.Though that's nothing new for Darker than Black.

And Kiko. I'd so kill the production team if she was left off at season 1. Good job.

Agreed. =] She and Gai both crack me up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2009 4:25 PM

Nov 2007
Much better episode than the previous one, Hei jumping into the thick of things was pretty awesome :3 wonder what he's going to do with Youko though, and poor Suou =/ seems some explaining is in order.
Dec 6, 2009 4:43 PM

Jul 2008
if this season really only has 12 episodes it really is a catastrophic failure
Till now the series just suck tbh
Dec 6, 2009 4:55 PM

Jul 2009
only thing prevent me from dropping this last moment, is the fact suou is supposed to be dead already. other than that, i see utterly no reason to watch this atm~
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.