Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
 
Mar 16, 2015 4:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1315
slashitup101 said:
waterfallsxo said:
Can someone recommend me an ONA. I would have used Bonjour, but I started watching it last year. Thanks!


Houkago no Pleiades is a very short magical-girl ONA that is getting a full-length adaptation this season.
LOL! Thank you!


Why does most of the anime that start with "W" either looks terrible or I have watched last year. I guess I'll watch Wolf's Rain to fulfill the watch an anime that begins with your user name goal.


Mod Edit: Merged double posts; please edit your original post.
Modified by Kineta, Mar 16, 2015 4:49 PM
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
 
Mar 16, 2015 4:43 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 12600
waterfallsxo said:
Why does most of the anime that start with "W" either looks terrible or I have watched last year. I guess I'll watch Wolf's Rain to fulfill the watch an anime that begins with your user name goal.


Wasurenagumo
 
Mar 16, 2015 4:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1315
worldeditor11 said:
waterfallsxo said:
Why does most of the anime that start with "W" either looks terrible or I have watched last year. I guess I'll watch Wolf's Rain to fulfill the watch an anime that begins with your user name goal.


Wasurenagumo


That doesn't sound bad. Thanks!
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
 
Mar 16, 2015 4:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13191
slashitup101 said:
I'll give it a try! It will probably be among my first space-opera tbh :P

Finding a recommendation for you was pretty difficult, since you've watched a lot! I'm gonna recommend you check out Senyuu. and Sabagebu! which are both really great comedies! Have fun :)
I'm probably going to be stuck playing catch up on all of my airing priorities for the rest of this month, but I'll definitely PTW them for later.

On another note, I'm probably finally going to get to some Miyazaki/Ghibli films for the award winning challenge. I'm not too familiar with them though, anyone have any recommendations?

Also just to throw this into the air, if anyone is looking for an anime for the Watch an early work of an established anime staff member (10+ roles) challenge, I recommend Gad Guard. It's filled with several veteran seiyuu and three of Kuroko no Basket's characters play main characters in it (Momoi, Murasakibara, Aomine).
 
Mar 16, 2015 5:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 30915
waterfallsxo said:
Can someone recommend me an ONA. I would have used Bonjour, but I started watching it last year. Thanks!


Flag is probably the best ONA I've seen.
no more forums
 
Mar 16, 2015 5:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 586
[quote=Ratohnhaketon]
slashitup101 said:

On another note, I'm probably finally going to get to some Miyazaki/Ghibli films for the award winning challenge. I'm not too familiar with them though, anyone have any recommendations


There are a ton, but the most popular and well-received ones are probably Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and My Neighbor Totoro. Some slightly lesser-known ones are Porco Rosso, Castle in the Sky, and Whisper of the Heart. If you're into more realistic fare, you can try some of Takahata's (another Ghibli director) films, like Grave of the Fireflies (rather depressing though) and Only Yesterday (my personal favorite).
 
Mar 16, 2015 5:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 414
waterfallsxo said:
Can someone recommend me an ONA. I would have used Bonjour, but I started watching it last year. Thanks!

Surprised no one said Inferno Cop yet.
 
Mar 16, 2015 7:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 30915
Shouldn't this be made sticky?
no more forums
 
Mar 16, 2015 8:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 3999
Hey guys, need some help with this:

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant



a-and I don't seem to grasp the meaning of this .-.

» Watch an anime recommended to a title you scored the highest for this challenge (so far)
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
 
Mar 16, 2015 8:12 PM
Dead not Dead

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 12120
Brynhildr said:
Hey guys, need some help with this:

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14719/JoJos_Bizarre_Adventure_2012


Brynhildr said:
a-and I don't seem to grasp the meaning of this .-.

» Watch an anime recommended to a title you scored the highest for this challenge (so far)

I don't know what this means either
 
Mar 16, 2015 8:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2973
» Watch an anime recommended to a title you scored the highest for this challenge (so far)
I don't know what this means either

So if your highest rated anime so far for the challenge is (for example) Death Parade, you have to get a rec from someone asking for something similar to Death parade. So I'd say Death Note or Death Billiards, you'd watch that to complete the above challenge
 
Mar 16, 2015 8:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 30915
Sacreds said:
» Watch an anime recommended to a title you scored the highest for this challenge (so far)
I don't know what this means either

So if your highest rated anime so far for the challenge is (for example) Death Parade, you have to get a rec from someone asking for something similar to Death parade. So I'd say Death Note or Death Billiards, you'd watch that to complete the above challenge


I think it just means taking a look at the 'recommendations' page of said anime. No interaction with other users needed.
no more forums
 
Mar 16, 2015 8:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 3999
JOAOAA said:
Brynhildr said:
Hey guys, need some help with this:


http://myanimelist.net/anime/14719/JoJos_Bizarre_Adventure_2012


k thanks


Sacreds said:
» Watch an anime recommended to a title you scored the highest for this challenge (so far)
I don't know what this means either

So if your highest rated anime so far for the challenge is (for example) Death Parade, you have to get a rec from someone asking for something similar to Death parade. So I'd say Death Note or Death Billiards, you'd watch that to complete the above challenge


Oh, got it now. Thanks for the explanation :)
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
 
Mar 16, 2015 8:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1140
The sign up things are too long make its uninteresting to me
And why 40 anime a year is hard mode ? I already watch 20 anime this season
 
Mar 16, 2015 8:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4894
moonnya said:
The sign up things are too long make its uninteresting to me
And why 40 anime a year is hard mode ? I already watch 20 anime this season


3edgy5me. Pro anime watcher in da hiz house.
 
Mar 16, 2015 8:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2910
>watch an anime recommended to you by another anime watching challenge participant

Hey guys, any recs?
 
Mar 16, 2015 8:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 705
Mugs_Smile said:
>watch an anime recommended to you by another anime watching challenge participant

Hey guys, any recs?


Gankutsuou
 
Mar 16, 2015 8:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2973
Mugs_Smile said:
>watch an anime recommended to you by another anime watching challenge participant

Hey guys, any recs?

Not sure what you might like but if you're in the mood for:
Comedy/School: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11843/Danshi_Koukousei_no_Nichijou
Dark: http://myanimelist.net/anime/6114/Rainbow:_Nisha_Rokubou_no_Shichinin
SoL/Music: http://myanimelist.net/anime/12531/Sakamichi_no_Apollon
Action/Mystery: http://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest
Modified by Sacred, Mar 16, 2015 9:01 PM
 
Mar 16, 2015 8:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1140
Syndiciate said:
moonnya said:
The sign up things are too long make its uninteresting to me
And why 40 anime a year is hard mode ? I already watch 20 anime this season


3edgy5me. Pro anime watcher in da hiz house.

20/7 =2.857...
What kind of people who don't have at least two hours free time each day ?
 
Mar 16, 2015 9:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 414
moonnya said:
Syndiciate said:


3edgy5me. Pro anime watcher in da hiz house.

20/7 =2.857...
What kind of people who don't have at least two hours free time each day ?

What factors are you using?
 
Mar 16, 2015 9:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2910
Extreme3708 said:

Gankutsuou

Thanks, but I've already watched it.

Cool, I will go with Rainbow. Thanks.
 
Mar 16, 2015 9:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2973
I just realized I completed 1/4 of the challenge this month, I gotta slow down on the anime...holy o_o
30 more to go lol

Does anyone have a rec for an anime 1997 or earlier?
 
Mar 16, 2015 9:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13191
Sacreds said:
Does anyone have a rec for an anime 1997 or earlier?
From 1995 - http://myanimelist.net/anime/2559/Romeo_no_Aoi_Sora
 
Mar 16, 2015 9:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 11286
do i need 2 finish the series b4 i declare it watched?
 
Mar 16, 2015 9:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2973
Ratohnhaketon said:
Sacreds said:
Does anyone have a rec for an anime 1997 or earlier?
From 1995 - http://myanimelist.net/anime/2559/Romeo_no_Aoi_Sora

Great. Looks interesting, thanks =)

Remv_quevav said:
do i need 2 finish the series b4 i declare it watched?

I think you can add it to your list as watched but you can make note in your post that you haven't finished it yet
I see others doing that as well
 
Mar 16, 2015 9:40 PM
Lily Gardener

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2964
slashitup101 said:
If anybody needs a quick recommendation, I would suggest giving Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru (magical girl, slice of life) a try.


Thanks! Will be using this :).

 
Mar 16, 2015 10:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 368
Where do you think UN-GO belongs too? I might put it under

» Watch an anime that has a verb in its title

I'm not sure /:
 
Mar 16, 2015 10:23 PM
Lily Gardener

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2964
Pradeth said:
Where do you think UN-GO belongs too? I might put it under

» Watch an anime that has a verb in its title

I'm not sure /:


It would work for...

"Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field"

Since they are detectives.

 
Mar 16, 2015 10:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2973
Pradeth said:
Where do you think UN-GO belongs too? I might put it under

» Watch an anime that has a verb in its title

I'm not sure /:

It can go under:
Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field (e.g. doctor, detective)
 
Mar 16, 2015 10:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 368
Sacreds said:
Pradeth said:
Where do you think UN-GO belongs too? I might put it under

» Watch an anime that has a verb in its title

I'm not sure /:

It can go under:
Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field (e.g. doctor, detective)


Oh, I totally missed that. Thanks!
 
Mar 17, 2015 12:09 AM
DB Administrator
Faerie Queen

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 5090
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Sacreds said:
So if your highest rated anime so far for the challenge is (for example) Death Parade, you have to get a rec from someone asking for something similar to Death parade. So I'd say Death Note or Death Billiards, you'd watch that to complete the above challenge
I think it just means taking a look at the 'recommendations' page of said anime. No interaction with other users needed.
Yes, this means the recommendations page on the DB entry, not a rec from the user in the challenge. Sorry for the confusion.

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Shouldn't this be made sticky?
We may sticky the sign up thread, but I'm not sure we'll sticky both. Many users already miss the "Help Identify" thread as it is...



Open Staff Apps  
Guidelines & FAQ  
Report Abuse  
Listen ♪  

Thanks to 
AnimeboyAnubhab
 
 
Mar 17, 2015 12:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 423
I'm old. So anyone want to suggest an anime from 1990 or earlier?
 
Mar 17, 2015 12:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16225
crystal_3001 said:
I'm old. So anyone want to suggest an anime from 1990 or earlier?
the answer is always legend of the galactic heroes
 
Mar 17, 2015 12:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 12600
crystal_3001 said:
I'm old. So anyone want to suggest an anime from 1990 or earlier?

Kimagure Orange☆Road
 
Mar 17, 2015 1:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 135
crystal_3001 said:
I'm old. So anyone want to suggest an anime from 1990 or earlier?


Top wo Narae! Gunbuster (1998) is a classic!
 
Mar 17, 2015 1:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 3999
crystal_3001 said:
I'm old. So anyone want to suggest an anime from 1990 or earlier?



*Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water*

or

*My Daddy Long Legs*
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
 
Mar 17, 2015 1:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 649
Lancehot said:

Since I'm playing this game for some reason, I guess I need a recommendation(s) from someone ITT.

Dead Leaves (since you like FLCL that much)

Any rec please ? Keep it challenging (but not by its length).
 
Mar 17, 2015 2:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 3999
Okiura said:
Any rec please ? Keep it challenging (but not by its length).


Was going to rec you Slam Dunk, but . . .

.-.

*Barakamon*

also dude you need to watch Eva 2.0 and 3.0
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
 
Mar 17, 2015 2:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3561
This challenge is a great idea since I haven't finished a single thing that would count for it yet this year.

Does anyone have a recommendation for something with less than 13 episodes?


Okiura said:


Any rec please ? Keep it challenging (but not by its length).


Mellowlink. Great taste, by the way.
 
Mar 17, 2015 2:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 649
Brynhildr said:
Okiura said:
Any rec please ? Keep it challenging (but not by its length).


Was going to rec you Slam Dunk, but . . .

.-.

*Barakamon*

also dude you need to watch Eva 2.0 and 3.0

You know how to fucking challenge me. Slice of life and a Loli.

I won't do Eva until everything is out. Hiatus of 2-3 years are too much to remember anything.
 
Mar 17, 2015 2:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 3999
Plate said:
This challenge is a great idea since I haven't finished a single thing that would count for it yet this year.

Does anyone have a recommendation for something with less than 13 episodes?

Katanagatari has like 10 eps but they are 50 min. x eps

hm...

*Queen Emeraldas*


Okiura said:

You know how to fucking challenge me. Slice of life and a Loli.

I won't do Eva until everything is out. Hiatus of 2-3 years are too much to remember anything.

Dude that a kid - I don't like lolis either - it's pretty much artist broken + cheerful kids - it's heartwarming and funny

2015 is the year of 3.0 + 1.0 aka last movie :^) get prepared *the hype is real*


Mod Edit: Merged double posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by Kineta, Mar 17, 2015 2:55 AM
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
 
Mar 17, 2015 2:32 AM
Dead not Dead

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 12120
lol I'm still waiting for the 3.0 to come out in dub
 
Mar 17, 2015 2:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 3999
JOAOAA said:
lol I'm still waiting for the 3.0 to come out in dub


lol watched everything in dub :^) - tho fuckers changed Misato's voice, it's . . . just like it's not her anymore . . .

we got the 3.0 pretty much 1 year after the original realease (⌐■_■)
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
 
Mar 17, 2015 3:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 649
Plate said:

Does anyone have a recommendation for something with less than 13 episodes?
Okiura said:

Any rec please ? Keep it challenging (but not by its length).

Mellowlink. Great taste, by the way.

Thanks for reminding me to watch this.(it'll not be a challenge of course).
I recommend this stuff written by Tanaka. Incomplete but I liked it.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4617/Nana_Toshi_Monogatari:_Hokkyokukai_Sensen

Brynhildr said:

Dude that a kid - I don't like lolis either - it's pretty much artist broken + cheerful kids - it's heartwarming and funny

(It's a challenge anyway i'd watch even Kodomo no Jikan). Seriously, I like when it's well done like Usagi Drop.
 
Mar 17, 2015 3:09 AM
Lily Gardener

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2964
Barakamon does have the little girl, but there is no loli-service, so you should be fine. She provides comedy and heartwarming moments. It does have a few boring patches, but that just comes with the SoL territory. Its pretty good overall actually.

 
Mar 17, 2015 3:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 34058
WAD1992 said:
Zeally said:
Anyone wanna recommend me a historical or military anime that I haven't watched?
thanks in advance

PS try to keep it under 2 cours unless it is exceptional


hey zeal, try Shigurui


sweet gonna add this to my ptw

 
Mar 17, 2015 5:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1315
How many episodes is a 3 cour series? Like 36?
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
 
Mar 17, 2015 5:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 3999
waterfallsxo said:
How many episodes is a 3 cour series? Like 36?


36 / 39 I guess
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
 
Mar 17, 2015 6:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 744
I'm excited about this, challenges are always fun!
And if I decide to do a challenge, of course it has to be the hardest version of it.

But I have a few questions. (sorryyyyy if these are already asked somwhere)
I may be stupid, but how the heck that 1/2 of your age +7 is calculated? I mean I can count, and with my age I get 19,5, but how does this tell the year?
And another one, is that official challenge Sign Up post where you edit your list when it begins to fill?
 
Mar 17, 2015 6:44 AM
DB Administrator
Faerie Queen

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 5090
quentariel said:
I may be stupid, but how the heck that 1/2 of your age +7 is calculated? I mean I can count, and with my age I get 19,5, but how does this tell the year?
Nah, not stupid. 2015 - 19/20 = 1995/1996. You can round up or down, it's up to you. Or take July 1995 as half way through :P

For people who don't want to share their age with the community, you can always pick something outrageous like a 1950 short or something. That's why we didn't say the year, but that year and earlier.

quentariel said:
And another one, is that official challenge Sign Up post where you edit your list when it begins to fill?
Yep, you can edit your sign up post as you make your way through. How you use your sign up post is up to you.



Open Staff Apps  
Guidelines & FAQ  
Report Abuse  
Listen ♪  

Thanks to 
AnimeboyAnubhab
 
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (24) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »