Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Fairy Tail Chapter 424 Discussion

Mar 16, 2015 5:38 AM

Some pages of this chapter reminded me of the first time I started reading FT, good times.

Well, I was beting on Gajeel or Laxus to be on a dark guild, turns out it's Gray (what's with that crappy look btw?). Now I wonder why he's there.

Mar 16, 2015 5:42 AM

What...is that really Gray? Damn, he sure has changed.

I feel bad for Juvia tbh....

Mar 16, 2015 5:53 AM

Well, then. Can't say I saw that coming.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Mar 16, 2015 5:55 AM

Shouldn't be too surprised at a new guild forming. Gray becoming half demon was pretty surprising. Although I can already see the nakama speeches.

Mar 16, 2015 5:56 AM
Phoenix Wrong

Whoa, Gray's new appearance is pretty wicked! :O Definitely resembles Silver quite a bit with his new hair-do.

Pretty amusing start to the chapter with Juvia explaining the past year about living with Gray. Her remark about Lucy and Natsu getting a room was simply priceless! xD

So it seems the Devil Slayer magic Gray obtained did have some sort of repercussion? That would make sense. Now it remains to be seen if the power has corrupted him or if Gray has figured out how to maintain it. Once again though, that new appearance is freaken awesome!

Mar 16, 2015 6:17 AM

Another reminder that Lucy keeps bottling up inside on how she feels about everyone(especially Natsu) just up and leaving. And it is yet again interrupted, so we will have to wait a while for the blow out.

This was depressing, overall. Both this and newest FT Zero chapter that came out today, were some of the darker stuff Mashima did since RAVE. Overall RAVE vibes continue staying strong with this arc and I can't decide whether Gray's role will be that Musica or Sieg. Might he turn into a demon from his Demon slayer powers just like Dragon Slayers might turn into Dragons? After all he did not have someone generating antibodies.

If the turning into thing is true for all three(Demons, Gods, Dragons), then it makes sense why there would be God Slayer Magic - possibly to create "successors" to whoever "gods" may be(still thinking it refers to the Gods of Ishval, the four strongest beings in the continent)

Juvia's story and even her stalker-delusions were so depressing :[

And with the time when Frosch is supposed to die drawing near...this is going to be a shitfest of depression of MASSIVE proportions....

Darklight0303 said:
Behemoth11 said:
But why would Silver sacrifice his own son?

Silver sure didn't have that big of a mark on him. I think Gray really has lost control of it

^This

Silver trained for years most likely to master it

And as I brought up before - If Dragon Slayers have threat to become a dragon, could Demon Slayers become demons?
Modified by Ahenshihael, Mar 16, 2015 6:39 AM

Mar 16, 2015 6:28 AM
CookingPriest said:
Darklight0303 said:

Silver sure didn't have that big of a mark on him. I think Gray really has lost control of it

^This

And as I brought up before - If Dragon Slayers have threat to become a dragon, could Demon Slayers become demons?

Did you just ignore the Mitholan's post where he stated with some evidence that Silver's body was never shown?

Mar 16, 2015 6:34 AM

Z4k said:

Did you just ignore the Mitholan's post where he stated with some evidence that Silver's body was never shown?

If you bothered to read my post you would know that I do not discount that possibility.

I am just saying that the influence most likely spread slower on Silver because he had longer time to master it(and was altered by Tartaros), while Gray suddenly got it, hence why it spreading this far just in half a year(or even faster considering Juvia makes it seem it just started spreading within days maybe)

After all if Dragons were "generating antibodies" so, to say, it is safe to compare Dragon/Demon/God slaying magic to that of a virus.And virus evolution/progress rate heavily depends on various factors. In this case, Gray had less resistance so it spread faster.

Mar 16, 2015 6:36 AM

Z4k said:
CookingPriest said:

^This

Show me the curse eating away at Silver's face. Then I'll believe your wishful thinking. You can't can you.

The mark spread on Gray is vastly different. Plus lets argue that Silver didn't have the marking since he was dead. Then that makes it even MORE likely that Gray would since he's alive so he could turn into a demon hybrid things. If Dragon Slayers can turn into Dragons then Demon Slayers can turn into demons.

Mar 16, 2015 6:37 AM

Hey Gray joined the dark side,congrats! The desing looks pretty sick.

Now as mentioned before he either is a spy or he lost it.

Mar 16, 2015 7:10 AM

Also anyone else noticed that in the flashback panel, Gray's necklace just up and disappears?

At first I thought i twas just weird angle but it clearly is pretty much gone in the second panel and he no longer has it in the end panel of the chapter.

Considering the necklace is from RAVE and in RAVE it is
, I wonder if that is significant in some way.

Mar 16, 2015 7:38 AM
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Gray probably joined Avatar just so he could locate Zeref,and perhaps find a way to get rid of that black mark that is probably from his devil slaying magic. His stay with Juvia in those six months probably motivated him to do it.

Well,depending on how much Gray knows about E.N.D,I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to kill Natsu. Would be perfectly reasonable for him and anyone else in his position to decide it's better to kill a friend with his own hands than to risk having the world reduced to ashes.

Plus,I doubt Gray would want to rejoin the guild while his search continues. Natsu will certainly fight him. Him attempting to kill natsu would motivate him into fighting seriously. But,eh,those guys are fiercest of rivals,I don't think they may need this,lol.

Natsu's face shows that he remembered Future Rogue's last words :(...)"Next year(X792,now),Frosch will be KILLED,and I shall be lost to the shadows(...)"

We will finally get to know who that shadow is. Considering it attempted to kill Gajeel despite future rogue having told the princess that fairy tail would win with all it's team intact and that Sting would give up,I doubt that Shadow is really a piece from Rogue. I also hope Gajeel is with sabertooth,so that he gets to finish what he started.

Lucy is still angry about being left behind. Well,I can't blame her since the guild was literally her last emotional crutch,all she had left. She lost everything...her mother,her father,her manor and it's servants and then she lost Aquarius in Tartarus.

Lucy will probably learn to find her own path,instead of clinging to the guild like that. Poor girl,I wouldn't be surprised if she breaks into tears when she figures that she wasn't abandoned and that everyone else was dreaming about returning to the guild during the year they were away.

Darklight,could you behave? I know it's really impossible here in the web,but you could try. Forget about your "homoerotic obsession" with Gray and comment on the chapter.
Modified by hello09, Mar 16, 2015 7:54 AM

Mar 16, 2015 7:49 AM

IT'S WARREN!!! XD But what is he doing or more like, what is his Job?

....Yep....that is Juvia's magic Power all right...what is she doing...r More likely...what the hell did Grey do to her......I knew it...HE FREAKING LEFT HER BEHIND!!!! and she go Fever for all waiting!! GOD DAMN I WANT TO KICK GREY'S ASS!!!

Oh...tough looks like they were getting close those 2 huh...Huhuhu....I wonder what they did do in past year before Grey left...XD ....so that Magic from his father started to consume Grey...or at least that is what I think with current information.

And looks like Lucy really has not forgiven NAtsu...or even rest of the Guild? O.O "Get the Room you 2"!? Juvia did not just go THERE!!! XD talk about "Said-Pot-to-Kettle" situation..

what was there...and now we are heading towards Sabertooth? and New Enemies arrive...Successors of Balam Alliance..or morelike Zeref Cult....huh..Though I wonder...GREY?...did you just join to Evil Guild to get Close to Zeref and that Book? or did the Apple actually not fall far from the tree?
Modified by Jarjaxle, Mar 16, 2015 8:48 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))

Mar 16, 2015 7:51 AM

hello09 said:
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Gray probably joined Avatar just so he could locate Zeref,and perhaps find a way to get rid of that black mark that is probably from his devil slaying magic. His stay with Juvia in those six months probably motivated him to do it.

Well,depending on how much Gray knows about E.N.D,I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to kill Natsu. Would be perfectly reasonable for him and anyone else in his position to decide it's better to kill a friend with his own hands than to risk having the world reduced to ashes.

Plus,I doubt Gray would want to rejoin the guild while his search continues. Natsu will certainly fight him. Him attempting to kill natsu would motivate him into fighting seriously. But,eh,those guys are fiercest of rivals,I don't think they may need this,lol.

Natsu's face shows that he remembered Future Rogue's last words :(...)"Next year(X792,now),Frosch will be KILLED,and I shall be lost to the shadows(...)"

We will finally get to know who that shadow is. Considering it attempted to kill Gajeel despite future rogue having told the princess that fairy tail would win with all it's team intact and that Sting would give up,I doubt that Shadow is really a piece from Rogue. I also hope Gajeel is with sabertooth,so that he gets to finish what he started.

Darklight,could you behave? I know it's really impossible here in the web,but you could try. Forget about your "homoerotic obsession" with Gray and comment on the chapter.

Take your own advice and stop living in your fanfiction

Mar 16, 2015 7:58 AM
Guess it's really impossible. Oh well,I tried.

Would it be far fetched to think that you have friends in real life who like fairy tail? Do you behave like this with them,when they mention Gray?

I am just saying this so that you could at least consider your image here in this forum,since you clearly don't care about it.

Why do you "hate" Gray so much? I don't think that reminding you that he is a fiction caracter would help,would it?

When I hate something,I simply don't talk about it. When I do,I try to keep it as short as possible.
It's your pig headiness about Gray that ended derailing this topic and making people focus on Gray too much. In other words, had kept it to yourself,people would be talking about other things in the chapter. See now?

it's not my problem if you want to look like the biggest idiot around here,living in a fanfiction of pitiful delusions,but I want to talk about the chapter
Modified by hello09, Mar 16, 2015 8:04 AM

Mar 16, 2015 8:27 AM

hello09 said:

Would it be far fetched to think that you have friends in real life who like fairy tail? Do you behave like this with them,when they mention Gray?

I am just saying this so that you could at least consider your image here in this forum,since you clearly don't care about it.

Why do you "hate" Gray so much? I don't think that reminding you that he is a fiction caracter would help,would it?

When I hate something,I simply don't talk about it. When I do,I try to keep it as short as possible.
It's your pig headiness about Gray that ended derailing this topic and making people focus on Gray too much. In other words, had kept it to yourself,people would be talking about other things in the chapter. See now?

it's not my problem if you want to look like the biggest idiot around here,living in a fanfiction of pitiful delusions,but I want to talk about the chapter

You explicitly bait me with the insinuation that I have a homoerotic obsession with Gray and you're suprised I snap at you. I can't tell if you're actively trying to be a troll or really that stupid.

I do have friends that like Fairy Tail and none of them worship him the likes of which can be seen in this thread. AT the most they are neutral and a couple of them even share my hatred of him.

I hate Gray because his popularity is solely for superficial reasons. He's fangirl bait. Always stripper, bit of an asshole streak that supposedly hides the oh so tender insides that just want to be loooooved. People say he's developed yet he's barely changed at all since introduced unless you count him not smoking anymore like in the first chapter we saw him, a development. OMG GRAY IS SO HOT! OMG GRAY-SAMA CAN DO NO WRONG! It is MADDENING and then when you call those people out on their bullshit they make up excuses or fanfics while ignoring evidence from the manga itself.

Let me ask all of you Gray zealots one thing. Why don't you want Gray to be possessed by his power? I'm not so naive as to think Mashima would kill him off for being evil so we both know that if he has turned to the dark side it's only temporary. So why do you have a problem with him being genuinely controled by a power he should not have gotten? Is it because it besmirches that perfect hottie image of your precious Gray that you carry in your mind? Is that it? Can't suffer a single blemish lest the spell falls apart.

Mar 16, 2015 8:28 AM

Damn Gray looking badass in that last page.

Mar 16, 2015 8:51 AM

Darklight0303 said:
hello09 said:

You explicitly bait me with the insinuation that I have a homoerotic obsession with Gray and you're suprised I snap at you. I can't tell if you're actively trying to be a troll or really that stupid.

I do have friends that like Fairy Tail and none of them worship him the likes of which can be seen in this thread. AT the most they are neutral and a couple of them even share my hatred of him.

I hate Gray because his popularity is solely for superficial reasons. He's fangirl bait. Always stripper, bit of an asshole streak that supposedly hides the oh so tender insides that just want to be loooooved. People say he's developed yet he's barely changed at all since introduced unless you count him not smoking anymore like in the first chapter we saw him, a development. OMG GRAY IS SO HOT! OMG GRAY-SAMA CAN DO NO WRONG! It is MADDENING and then when you call those people out on their bullshit they make up excuses or fanfics while ignoring evidence from the manga itself.

Let me ask all of you Gray zealots one thing. Why don't you want Gray to be possessed by his power? I'm not so naive as to think Mashima would kill him off for being evil so we both know that if he has turned to the dark side it's only temporary. So why do you have a problem with him being genuinely controled by a power he should not have gotten? Is it because it besmirches that perfect hottie image of your precious Gray that you carry in your mind? Is that it? Can't suffer a single blemish lest the spell falls apart.

Oh man Run...it is Birth of the New Naruto pairing war.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))

Mar 16, 2015 9:15 AM
Baiting you? Nah. That was just an intentionally stupid joke that perhaps isn't that far from the truth.

Oh,you hate him because he is popular and you think he shouldn't be? And here i was thinking that Gray killed someone you liked or that he robbed you,lol.

You call me a zealot,but isn't your dislike of him zealot?

Hmm? Gray possessed by his power? Ah,I see. this was the reason you are so bugged. I honestly don't mind it,but it is cliche.

Gray willingly joining the cult would be far more nuanced and interesting. Gray willingly fighting Natsu and trying to kill him and E.N.D would be far more interesting that way. You must remember that Natsu and Gray's rivalry was revealed to us right in the second chapter. Now it's the time to settle it.

Modified by hello09, Mar 16, 2015 9:23 AM

Mar 16, 2015 9:15 AM

Omg no it's another Sasuke/ Naruto situation :/

I hated Naruto's ending so much and I really hope that it doesn't take the same route here. I'm leaning more towards the spy theory because of it and I hope it'll be explained in the next couple or few chapters, a hint would be enough for me.

Sabertooth next time!! yes! something I'm really excited about. I hope I'll see Erza or Mirajane or Gildarts & Cana next time tbh since after the time skip I don't really care about anyone else.

Mar 16, 2015 9:18 AM

hello09 said:
Baiting you? Nah. That was just an intentionally stupid joke that perhaps isn't that far from the truth.

Oh,you hate him because he is popular and you think he shouldn't be? And here i was thinking that Gray killed someone you liked or that he robbed you,lol.

You call me a zealot,but isn't your dislike of him zealot?

And again you bait me. I'm starting to think you're doing this on purpose now

Not really. Also way to go not answering my question.

Mar 16, 2015 9:19 AM
Darklight0303 said:
hello09 said:

Dude calm down. We're stating it based on the evidence that has been provided so far not on delusions such as yours. It was never mentioned or even implied that the demon powers given by Silver could take over Gray.

Mar 16, 2015 9:24 AM

Gray looked hot at the end would have loved if he didn't leave Juvia hanging like a d*ck

Mar 16, 2015 9:32 AM
Nah,if this keeps up it will derail the topic. I also edited my post after careful reading darklight's post. Just because someone is a little deluded,doesn't mean that I should be too.

Why don't we talk about Future Rogue and Frosch's possible death? Who is gonna kill him?

Also,that kid in avatar has Mister Cursey from Kain of Grimoire Hearts. It's so similar that it can't be a coincidence,specially considering that Bluenote recently reappeared in the manga,even if it was to be become fodder in Natsu's hands.

Mar 16, 2015 9:45 AM

Z4k said:
Darklight0303 said:

Dude calm down. We're stating it based on the evidence that has been provided so far not on delusions such as yours. It was never mentioned or even implied that the demon powers given by Silver could take over Gray.

Except a type of slayer magic has already shown to overrun its user in the canon. Acnologia. And that's just DRAGON. A demon by definition would fit that mold even more. You haven't stated any irrefutable evidence. Silver did not have marks as invasive as Gray also the mole inside the dark guild plotline has already been used and it was in the last arc. You really think Mashima would do it again only with Gray SO soon?

Again I have to ask Why can't you accept that Gray might have lost to a power he could not properly handle? I can accept Natsu might end up turning because of the whole END thing and yet you people are DESPERATE to paint Gray out as some kind of master spy mole.

Mar 16, 2015 9:53 AM
There's no hope for you when it comes to Gray's character. I give up because I remember how you DESPERATELY continued to argue on and on how Gray's powerup was temporary

Mar 16, 2015 10:11 AM

Good chapter. I liked how Lucy's expressing her true feelings. Natsu always seems silent about that, when she says "you left too", I would like him to open up more to her and the rest (he did that with Gildarts, but still). The Gray thing can go two ways, either his powers are out of control and his slowly turning into a demon (like how Acnologia became a dragon, because he used too much dragon slaying magic), or he joined that cult to get more info on Zeref and E.N.D (which I personally think this might be it). I'm excited for what's next to come.

Mar 16, 2015 10:12 AM
Tired of all the Gray Hate. Gray has a mission from hsi father to destroy END. But he cannot do that without information and and Maximum control of his new powers. So he took off without juvia know she would follow him if he said goodbye. We know he cares about her, so thats why he left her behind so she can be safe and dont end up like UR or Ultear

On the theory about Frosch, please dont let gray be the killer, I dont want him to be an actual bad guy, Duble agents are fun.

Blah Blah speech about why you should never leave friends behind
Juvia sacrifice herself and Gray/Lucy get power up

I laugh at the Juvia fan who actually thought this arc was gonna be about her. She has little past and no future she can conceive with out gray. So only a few options are for her.

1. Live happily ever after

2. Die saving him.

I pick 2 because then the real love triangle can begin

Mar 16, 2015 10:17 AM
i am pretty sure is doing what his father was doing
like father like son

but maan , that resemblance to naruto .. i hate it

Mar 16, 2015 10:31 AM

trump54 said:

On the theory about Frosch, please dont let gray be the killer

1. Natsu knows who kills Frosch.
2. The moment he finds out about Gray he gets a VERY serious face on and says they are heading to sabertooth right now.
3. Gray's "demon spread" is on exactly same side as Future Rogue's "black part" of the body.

It would make sense.

Mar 16, 2015 10:56 AM
any one remember this

Mar 16, 2015 10:59 AM

aos10 said:
any one remember this

Kain's younger brother perhaps?

Mar 16, 2015 11:07 AM
why the fuck a Dark guild hire a demon slayer in their side ?
that doesn't make sense
Modified by aos10, Mar 16, 2015 11:20 AM

Mar 16, 2015 11:21 AM

Damn this must be the year of best friends going to the dark side, first Bleach not FT follows.

Gray still my man tho, if he's with the Avatars, then I'm with them as well, fuck Natsu and his girls squad.

Mar 16, 2015 11:25 AM

The SasGray Retrieval Arc is now in full effect!

Mar 16, 2015 11:27 AM
anyone remember daphne's Ark ?

Mar 16, 2015 11:38 AM

aos10 said:

Two mole routines one after the other? I think you're insulting Mashima

Mar 16, 2015 11:43 AM

So Gray has joined the dark side

Mar 16, 2015 11:45 AM
Darklight0303 said:
aos10 said:

i think you misunderstood me
Mashima is the on insulting his fans

Mar 16, 2015 11:46 AM

aos10 said:
Darklight0303 said:

i think you misunderstood me
Mashima is the on insulting his fans

Or maybe he's actually making Gray Evil for a while.

Mar 16, 2015 12:23 PM
aos10 said:
that doesn't make sense

Why would a demon guild let a demon slayer on thier side???

Mar 16, 2015 12:32 PM
Well I would love to see a Lucy / Minerva confrontation, they haven't seen each other since the Naval incident, it could be very awkward. I know Lucy will forgive her, she forgave Flare, though IMO what Minerva did was slightly worse, still slightly I don't think it is that much of a difference. Also Lucy has long forgiven Gajeel. I like to see Minerva apology to everyone she has wronged, hopefully some day she will bump into Kagura and Millianna. It be funny if Lucy forgives Minerva, yet Natsu is still in the dog house.

Mar 16, 2015 12:33 PM
trump54 said:
aos10 said:
that doesn't make sense

exactly ...why ?

Mar 16, 2015 12:50 PM

Just like I read in the spoilers,Juvia alone in a village Gray left her joined a Zeref cult. Probably trying to look for a way to reverse that transformation.

Mar 16, 2015 1:03 PM

trump54 said:
aos10 said:
that doesn't make sense

them being demons is not confirmed.

Mar 16, 2015 1:48 PM

Darklight0303 said:
Z4k said:

Except a type of slayer magic has already shown to overrun its user in the canon. Acnologia. And that's just DRAGON.

It seems highly possible that Grey has been affected by his powers. It certainly would not be something new to Fairy Tail. Macao, Elfman, Jellal, Rogue and the demons have all been taken over and changed in some way by evil powers. We also know that 1st gen and 3rd gen slayers had dragon spirits generating antibodies due to a fear of this happening. It appears to be the most likely scenario and what we are atleast lead to believe. However this could just be Mashima's misdirection.

Mar 16, 2015 1:53 PM

Ghost-Edge said:
Darklight0303 said:

Except a type of slayer magic has already shown to overrun its user in the canon. Acnologia. And that's just DRAGON.

It seems highly possible that Grey has been affected by his powers. It certainly would not be something new to Fairy Tail. Macao, Elfman, Jellal, Rogue and the demons have all been taken over and changed in some way by evil powers. We also know that 1st gen and 3rd gen slayers had dragon spirits generating antibodies due to a fear of this happening. It appears to be the most likely scenario and what we are atleast lead to believe. However this could just be Mashima's misdirection.

Time will tell. But on the other hand we just had one under cover plotline with Silver and that was the arc before this one. I doubt Mashima would recycle that idea so soon.

Mar 16, 2015 1:59 PM

End of this chapter:

Seriously though, why is it every time I see an good character becoming evil (and by proxy more badass) they have their hair pulled backwards (remember Aizen?)
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Mar 16, 2015 2:30 PM
CookingPriest said:
trump54 said:

them being demons is not confirmed.

I was talking about tartoros and Silver
Did you see Mard Geer freak when fresh gray showed up

So Silver who, has the exp behind the power could plowed down the entire guild if he wanted too

Mar 16, 2015 2:35 PM

Gray as an antagonist? Thats interesting. He looks badass.

Did he join as a double agent or he was controlled by his powers? Maybe he know Natsu is END and wants to kill him, so he joined willingly? Hope the revelation matches the mystery.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

Preview MangaManga Store