Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Fairy Tail Chapter 424 Discussion

Mar 16, 2015 2:35 PM
I somehow had the idea of gray leaving Juvia. That is why Juvia became a rain woman. Well it was kinda true but never expected gray body and that he joined the Avatar. He look so cool and badass right now but I'm wondering why he is doing that.... Feel sad for Juvia since he left without telling her anything....

Juvia was the most funniest one in the chapter for me. "Alone" she was so proud and lol "tried" to sleep together.

I wonder why charla was naked in an episode along with happy 0.0

Well even though I want gray to go back to the guild with natsu but leaving like that will be no fun. I hope that some kind gray decline coming back with them and so natsu and the others will go to search for others memebers first and later gray will be the bad person that natsu will fight. Well after he find that natsu is END

Mar 16, 2015 2:36 PM

Darklight0303 said:
Time will tell. But on the other hand we just had one under cover plotline with Silver and that was the arc before this one. I doubt Mashima would recycle that idea so soon.
Make that 2. After all there was the reveal about Doranbolt.

Dimitrije1606 said:
Seriously though, why is it every time I see an good character becoming evil (and by proxy more badass) they have their hair pulled backwards (remember Aizen?)

It about symbolism. Going against the grain.

It's like when Wendy cut her hair to symbolise her strength and will of determination.

Also you could link it to the view of Japanese people and the influence of punk and rebellion of youth. Yet it may just be coincidence and you are only noticing the ones that do and not the ones that don't.

On a different but not completely unrelated note, I love how Natsu looks more badass with his floppy hair, when he came back with long hair and wet like in this chapter.

Mar 16, 2015 3:13 PM

Ghost-Edge said:
Darklight0303 said:
Time will tell. But on the other hand we just had one under cover plotline with Silver and that was the arc before this one. I doubt Mashima would recycle that idea so soon.
Make that 2. After all there was the reveal about Doranbolt.

Dimitrije1606 said:
Seriously though, why is it every time I see an good character becoming evil (and by proxy more badass) they have their hair pulled backwards (remember Aizen?)

It about symbolism. Going against the grain.

It's like when Wendy cut her hair to symbolise her strength and will of determination.

Also you could link it to the view of Japanese people and the influence of punk and rebellion of youth. Yet it may just be coincidence and you are only noticing the ones that do and not the ones that don't.

On a different but not completely unrelated note, I love how Natsu looks more badass with his floppy hair, when he came back with long hair and wet like in this chapter.

Doranbalt doesn't really count. The council wasn't COMPLETELY an antagonist.

Mar 16, 2015 4:01 PM

hmmmm!! what i should say the best Ch of the year?!! yes it's
I don't want to say this but I really expected this would happen
Gray leaves Juvia and Join the dark side.. u know he looks more cool and badass
and now i'm sure that the one who will kill Frosch is Gray
but there's something i didn't understand what dose Natsu means with (If i recall it was pretty close by)?!!

Mar 16, 2015 4:17 PM
DatLookTho

I really enjoyed this chapter. That slight banter between Juvia & Lucy helped ease the tension. Natsu's promise got me all feelsy. Juvia's tears got me upset. Her ponytail made me go "I need to see her like that more often". And Gray...First thought that crossed my mind was "Is he a villain now? Or is he just following in Silver's footsteps?"

Either way, if he is in fact related to Frosch's potential death, then things are getting really interesting.

Mar 16, 2015 4:54 PM

Wow, Gray, okay then

Mar 16, 2015 4:55 PM
great chapter but it lacked a bit either emotion or action idk still great :D

one thing I think Hiro should've done is to not let Natsu Lucy Wendy Carla Happy instantly find Juvia in the town but rather walk around a bit or smth

Mar 16, 2015 4:56 PM

Gray becames Sasuke
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 16, 2015 5:34 PM

Natsu&Happy gag for starter..
Rain lady got a fever from rain, w-wait what?!

damn, Gray goes Sasuke..
damnit Gray!

Mar 16, 2015 6:33 PM
All the Naruto comparisons, Gray is Sasuke, if that is the case, I have been saying all along Juvia is the Hinata is in the series. When you think of it that way, it is like backwards Naruto.

In the end Hinata got her man, well Juvia get her man, we will see. Though the perception I get from a lot of fans, Hinata and her fan girl stocking is seen as cute and adorable, while Juvia is seen as creppy and obsessed, why is that? What is the difference in those character, is it because Juvia more perverted, well she is older, she is a young adult, while Hinata a teenager. Anyway anyone know?

Mar 16, 2015 8:47 PM

My reaction: ノ-_-)ノ ~┻━┻

I swear, every dark-haired, cool guy I know goes to the dark side at some point.

Hakuryuu from Magi
Sasuke from Naruto
Ishida from Bleach

AND NOW WE HAVE THE ONE AND ONLY GRAY FULBUSTER!

Just wow.

Oh well, at least his demon tattoo is cool <3

It's up to Natsu to literally bang some nakama speeches into his head and I mean literally.

Mar 16, 2015 10:18 PM

Wow I really did not see that one coming,
really? Gray as villain?

Mar 16, 2015 11:31 PM
No wayyyyyy! No matter how mamy times (in different mangas) I read the same thing, my heart breaks. The good guy turned bad to end the bad. (个_个)

Mar 17, 2015 12:19 AM

1.) Logically speaking, Gray can pretty much low diff all of his "colleagues".

2.) Gray obviously joined so he can get closer to finding Zeref and E.N.D.; how is it conceivable that he has legitimately turned heel?
Modified by ziggy_Z, Mar 17, 2015 12:24 AM

Mar 17, 2015 1:14 AM

Wtf, did gray just become an antagonist? I really like it though :D
Can't wait to see the battle between natsu and gray, it would be epic.
Overall excellent chapter
5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Mar 17, 2015 1:55 AM

ziggy_Z said:

2.) Gray obviously joined so he can get closer to finding Zeref and E.N.D.; how is it conceivable that he has legitimately turned heel?

Very easily. Slayer magic has been confirmed to corrupt its user is left unchecked and Mashima has already used the undercover agent card in the arc before this. He would not reuse that idea so soon.

Mar 17, 2015 4:12 AM
I just want to see gray whip natsu ass and let him know that hes not as strong as he thinks he is

Natsu always think he can crush gray

Mar 17, 2015 4:34 AM

trump54 said:
I just want to see gray whip natsu ass and let him know that hes not as strong as he thinks he is

You're setting yourself up for nothing but disappointment. Natsu is meant to kill Acnologia and Zeref. Gray is not even a blip on the radar compared to those guys. People that Natsu left to train to defeat to begin with.

And if Gray really has gone dark side, Natsu will crush Gray to bring him back. Or leave him beat up enough for Juvia to work her one true magic on him. Gray will always be second fiddle in this series. Or third since there's Erza....or fourth since there's Laxus....or fifth since there's Jellal...or sixth since there's Gajeel....or seventh since there's Wendy who is already ludicrously strong for her age and can only get stronger.
Modified by Darklight0303, Mar 17, 2015 4:41 AM

Mar 17, 2015 4:52 AM

Darklight0303 said:
ziggy_Z said:

Very easily. Slayer magic has been confirmed to corrupt its user is left unchecked and Mashima has already used the undercover agent card in the arc before this. He would not reuse that idea so soon.

1.) I don't recall Slayer Magic being stated to corrupt the user. Are you talking about Acno? Didn't he just go crazy after slaying hordes of dragons and being exposed to their blood?

2.) So? Who cares if Hiro already played that card? He isn't the type of author to make every arc unique and make his characters all step up their game in terms of progressing the arc. He's the type to who makes parallels and red-herrings in every arc. Gray is doing exactly what his father did but this time intends to succeed; the developed tattoos on his arm indicate to his new partners in crime that he's one of them. Sure, it's easy to assume Gray has genuinely joined the dark side, but is it probable given Hiro's story? Nope.

Mar 17, 2015 5:07 AM

ziggy_Z said:
Darklight0303 said:

1.) I don't recall Slayer Magic being stated to corrupt the user. Are you talking about Acno? Didn't he just go crazy after slaying hordes of dragons and being exposed to their blood?

2.) So? Who cares if Hiro already played that card? He isn't the type of author to make every arc unique and make his characters all step up their game in terms of progressing the arc. He's the type to who makes parallels and red-herrings in every arc. Gray is doing exactly what his father did but this time intends to succeed; the developed tattoos on his arm indicate to his new partners in crime that he's one of them. Sure, it's easy to assume Gray has genuinely joined the dark side, but is it probable given Hiro's story? Nope.

1: did you completely forget the reason why the first and third gen slayers had dragons in them? To prevent dragonification by creating antibodies. Overuse of one Slayer magic turns the user into the entity that it's designed to combat. There's no reason why DEMON slayer magic is exempt to that rule. If anything Demon related magic corrupting users is even more natural.

2: He isn't the type of author to recycle ideas so quickly one after the other. It's very possible he was corrupted by the power given A he's alive unlike an animated corpse and B he got it unconventionally. Name one instance where he immediately recycle plot ideas from a past arc in the next one. You can't. People sell Mashima awfully short when they don't understand what he can do.

Mar 17, 2015 5:13 AM

There is actually another possibility about what happened. It may not even be the demon slayer magic that is causing this but the fact that Gray touched the Book of END. A book that Igneel stated specifically that only Natsu was supposed to get. It's possible that the part of END contained in that book is so powerful that it can corrupt any human that touches it even if the effect is delayed. So you see there are TWO possibilities in favor of Gray being possessed by some kind of power.

Mar 17, 2015 6:03 AM

Darklight0303 said:
There is actually another possibility about what happened. It may not even be the demon slayer magic that is causing this but the fact that Gray touched the Book of END. A book that Igneel stated specifically that only Natsu was supposed to get. It's possible that the part of END contained in that book is so powerful that it can corrupt any human that touches it even if the effect is delayed. So you see there are TWO possibilities in favor of Gray being possessed by some kind of power.

^This, though I hope Gray just infiltrated the guild just like others mentioned.
Hope it's not Gray the one who killed Frosch, but looks like it may be heading that way considering Natsu is heading to Saber.
Juvia so proud being alone with Gray xD
Things getting interesting again.
Modified by nerfx, Mar 17, 2015 6:16 AM

Mar 17, 2015 6:59 AM

Darklight0303 said:

So this means another power up for Gray :D If Gray ends up controlling this power then he has Demon Slayer Magic and a certain power of END.
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE

Mar 17, 2015 7:05 AM

kakoa1234 said:
Darklight0303 said:

So this means another power up for Gray :D If Gray ends up controlling this power then he has Demon Slayer Magic and a certain power of END.

Uh no it doesn't mean another powerup at all. There's no a certain power of end but its influence. Stop jumping to baseless conclusions please. END is a fire demon. Doesn't mesh with Ice in the least =_= He's not supposed to control it but to break free from it.

At the most it will just mean he managed to finally control Ice Devil Slayer magic. But nothing beyond that. Maybe a new technique but if the power of END is sealed in the book then the moment Natsu becomes END that power is going right back to its true owner.
Modified by Darklight0303, Mar 17, 2015 7:25 AM

Mar 17, 2015 7:37 AM
Darklight0303 said:
trump54 said:

You're setting yourself up for nothing but disappointment. Natsu is meant to kill Acnologia and Zeref. Gray is not even a blip on the radar compared to those guys. People that Natsu left to train to defeat to begin with.

And if Gray really has gone dark side, Natsu will crush Gray to bring him back. Or leave him beat up enough for Juvia to work her one true magic on him. Gray will always be second fiddle in this series. Or third since there's Erza....or fourth since there's Laxus....or fifth since there's Jellal...or sixth since there's Gajeel....or seventh since there's Wendy who is already ludicrously strong for her age and can only get stronger.

Well it cant be natsu to beat him if he is the END demon. Its gonna be a good fight. Acnologia will probably be killed my zeref at the last minute to rob Natsu of the victory.

Mar 17, 2015 7:47 AM

trump54 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Well it cant be natsu to beat him if he is the END demon. Its gonna be a good fight. Acnologia will probably be killed my zeref at the last minute to rob Natsu of the victory.

What? Of course it can be. And pretty sure that if Acnologia could be killed by Zeref, Zeref would have already done it given he's in the way. You're up for disappointment either way.

Mar 17, 2015 8:11 AM
Darklight0303 said:
1: did you completely forget the reason why the first and third gen slayers had dragons in them? To prevent dragonification by creating antibodies. Overuse of one Slayer magic turns the user into the entity that it's designed to combat. There's no reason why DEMON slayer magic is exempt to that rule. If anything Demon related magic corrupting users is even more natural.

You see right there you're just assuming things just to prove your point. There's no evidence of that ever stated in the manga. In fact if what you say is true, then what about Chelia and all the other god slayers? Are you going to assume they have gods inside them too?

Mar 17, 2015 8:24 AM

Z4k said:
Darklight0303 said:

You see right there you're just assuming things just to prove your point. There's no evidence of that ever stated in the manga. In fact if what you say is true, then what about Chelia and all the other god slayers? Are you going to assume they have gods inside them too?

What? That's not what I am saying at all. I am saying that because the first and third gens had dragons inside them to make the antibodies, they won't turn into dragons as they would have if not for said antibodies. Read my post properly next time.

Also another example of Lost magic where the user literally became the object of their power. Azuma. Overused his magic and literally became the new Tenrou Tree.

The more ancient and powerful the magic the bigger the backlash that can come from overusing it. This has been a theme of FT since the very start.

ALso came up with ANOTHER way that would explain Gray getting possessed by dark magic. He tanked Marde's supposedly ultimate finisher and came out of it no worse for wear other than passing out. The fact that the spread returned might suggest that it's been eating away at him since and only became noticeable shortly before he went awol. So now there are three ways for Gray to be possesssed by a dark power.
Modified by Darklight0303, Mar 17, 2015 8:37 AM

Mar 17, 2015 9:39 AM

I knew he'd go Sasuke XD

Mar 17, 2015 10:03 AM

Z4k said:
Darklight0303 said:

We don't know if the God Slayers were trained by Gods. My guess: They weren't. Why?
Considering that only the Dragons Slayers of the 1st and 3rd generation needed Antibodies to stop them turning into a Dragon, Slayer Magic (or Lost Magic if we take Azuma into account) granted to a mage by implanting a Lacrima into his or her body (such as 2nd generation Dragon Slayers) won't show that kind of a backlash.
That means: If they were given a God Lacrima (just a theory) they won't turn into the entity their magic is made to slay. The again: We don't know for sure.

Either way, I honestly go with Darklight in this.
There may be no clue thus far for the Devil Slayer Magic turning Gray evil. But there is no clue for Gray being a spy as well (funny fact: we are all assuming. Up to now, that is all we can do. So would you please stop you're little fight against Darklight? He ist just assuming what COULD happen, just as everybody else is.)
But if Gray really turned evil... that woud be a way better plotline with way more possibilities of what could happen.

EDIT: Ok.... I just read that Chelia learned God Slayer magic from a book. o.o
Well... there goes my theory with the Lacrima...

Mar 17, 2015 10:28 AM

Suno_Kaji said:
Z4k said:

We don't know if the God Slayers were trained by Gods. My guess: They weren't. Why?
Considering that only the Dragons Slayers of the 1st and 3rd generation needed Antibodies to stop them turning into a Dragon, Slayer Magic (or Lost Magic if we take Azuma into account) granted to a mage by implanting a Lacrima into his or her body (such as 2nd generation Dragon Slayers) won't show that kind of a backlash.
That means: If they were given a God Lacrima (just a theory) they won't turn into the entity their magic is made to slay. The again: We don't know for sure.

There may be no clue thus far for the Devil Slayer Magic turning Gray evil. But there is no clue for Gray being a spy as well (funny fact: we are all assuming. Up to now, that is all we can do. So would you please stop you're little fight against Darklight? He ist just assuming what COULD happen, just as everybody else is.)
But if Gray really turned evil... that woud be a way better plotline with way more possibilities of what could happen.

Either way, God Slayers turning into Gods ALSO makes sense if they are intended to be the successors of whoever the "gods" are ( I still think God Slaying magic originated with Four Gods of Ishval)

Mar 17, 2015 10:31 AM

CookingPriest said:
Suno_Kaji said:

Either way, God Slayers turning into Gods ALSO makes sense if they are intended to be the successors of whoever the "gods" are ( I still think God Slaying magic originated with Four Gods of Ishval)

Speaking of those guys, I AM STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO SHOW UP! Well Warrod did but the REST of them

Mar 17, 2015 10:51 AM
loving the gray x juvia moments but I can't believe gray turned dark... I hope natsu finds him and changes him back the way he was. And I still cant believe that gray and juvia lived together. when juvia said "we slept together", Wendy's reaction was hilarious LOL XD. Can't wait for the next update !! :DD

Mar 17, 2015 10:51 AM

Darklight0303 said:
CookingPriest said:

Speaking of those guys, I AM STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO SHOW UP! Well Warrod did but the REST of them

Yep. Warrod is the "newest" member and he is hundred+ year old(and oh look Warrod's tree magic he learned from
turned him into a tree-person
). Meaning the rest of them are older than even Mavis.

They look powerful as fuck.

Mar 17, 2015 11:16 AM

CookingPriest said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yep. Warrod is the "newest" member and he is hundred+ year old(and oh look Warrod's tree magic he learned from
turned him into a tree-person
). Meaning the rest of them are older than even Mavis.

They look powerful as fuck.

Well I should bloody well hope so

Mar 17, 2015 1:54 PM
WTF GRAY!!
What is hapenning??
OMG I wonder what will happen... :D

Mar 17, 2015 9:42 PM

So Hiro is biting off Kubo's Aizen design huh?

Also whats with the cursed marks? What is he supposed to be Sasuke now?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 17, 2015 11:50 PM
the ending was pretty freaking epic i hope for an intense fight between gray and natsu. i can just feel it

Mar 18, 2015 1:32 AM

twat_god said:
The ending was pretty freaking epic. I hope for some intense nakama speeches between Gray and Natsu. I can just feel it.

FIFY

Mar 18, 2015 1:36 AM

Lahi said:

Considering his joining the dark side because he wants revenge, yep.

Mar 18, 2015 10:58 AM

ziggy_Z said:
Lahi said:

He doesn't want revenge, he wants to destroy E.N.D because his father wanted too. It's a legacy.

Mar 18, 2015 12:23 PM
metsujin said:
ziggy_Z said:

He doesn't want revenge, he wants to destroy E.N.D because his father wanted too. It's a legacy.

Its not even that, but rather if he becomes obssesd with it or not that usually what leads to the evil brand sauske carried

Mar 18, 2015 12:23 PM

metsujin said:
ziggy_Z said:

Doesn't he want to kill Zeref for creating Deliora?

Mar 19, 2015 6:26 AM

Make way for Gray Uchiha -.-

Mar 19, 2015 9:04 AM

ziggy_Z said:
metsujin said:

Never heard him say he wants to kill Zeref (I might be wrong lol), he had his grudge with Deliora, yes Zeref created Deliora, but it's not like Zeref send Deliora there to wreck everyone. Since we saw bits of Zeref's character and how he really thinks, you can say he's not a bad guy, he has bad luck, he's a walking curse.

Mar 19, 2015 10:39 AM

metsujin said:
ziggy_Z said:

Never heard him say he wants to kill Zeref (I might be wrong lol), he had his grudge with Deliora, yes Zeref created Deliora, but it's not like Zeref send Deliora there to wreck everyone. Since we saw bits of Zeref's character and how he really thinks, you can say he's not a bad guy, he has bad luck, he's a walking curse.

Yeah, true. Now that I think about it, I don't think he's ever specifically wanted to get revenge on Zeref.

Mar 19, 2015 10:58 AM

mysticsoul21 of tumblr posted this:

"I came upon a post stating how it could be Gray that kills Frosh and you know what it does make sense.

Future Rogue told that Natsu that within a year Frosh would be killed; when future rogue told him who it was that killed frosh Natsu was shocked. In the newest fairy tail chapter we find out that gray is being taken over by some dark power and is working for a dark guild. Then while Natsu and Lucy are talking outside Natsu tells her that they are going to Sabertooth.

In later chapters something could happen that will result in Sabertooth fighting against gray which could result in frosh’s death. It could be a possibility, but then again Natsu is aware of what happens and could save frosh.
I guess we just have to wait and see where Mashima goes with this new plot.
"

Its a nice theory.

Mar 19, 2015 3:31 PM

Forgot about Frosch. Since he was supposed to die in a year a year ago these next few chapters could easily be setting up his possible death.

Mar 21, 2015 4:07 AM
ziggy_Z said:
metsujin said:

Yeah, true. Now that I think about it, I don't think he's ever specifically wanted to get revenge on Zeref.

look at this panel:
https://40.media.tumblr.com/ea0456c5611cf1ee6608aef0f9a9dcce/tumblr_nlimn7xps51s9g5p3o5_500.jpg

yup, because of gray wants revenge.(deliora, his father, zeref, end)the curse mark take over with his inner mind....... curses formed from negative emotions........

Mar 21, 2015 4:08 AM

myanime2 said:
ziggy_Z said:

look at this panel:
https://40.media.tumblr.com/ea0456c5611cf1ee6608aef0f9a9dcce/tumblr_nlimn7xps51s9g5p3o5_500.jpg

yup, because of gray wants revenge.(deliora, his father, zeref, end)the curse mark take over with his inner mind....... curses formed from negative emotions........

Oooooo that's ANOTHER good point.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

Preview MangaManga Store