Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2015 12:17 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This went so much better than I expected. His mom was there, Jerome wasn't, everyone is happy and he even got information about his real parents. And I guess that also means Jerome has stopped being a huge asshole since he's looking for them? There doesn't seem to be any profit in it for him with Remi supposedly gone already so that's how I interpret it.
Now if only the narrator hadn't spoiled the part about his real family early on :/.
But I'm still looking forward to hopefully meeting Mrs. Milligan and Arthur again in the future.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 30, 2015 1:59 PM

Feb 2010
I must be getting old, and an old me that's remembering the child me.

I'm weak against the mother-child relationships, maybe because I was always really close to my mother as an only child, and one who's been living now for 7 years in a different country from her (of course, I would never compare my situation with Remi's, but still).

Nothing in this episode came much as a surprise (thanks to our "beloved" narrator... seriously, why does old anime always have to have a spoiling narrator?), but it was so well executed, I could really get the feelings from Remi and his mother, I could get the anxiety from Remi seconds before finally meeting his mother again. I honestly felt happy for him. I've come to really wish all the best for this great kid that is Remi.

I'm thankful that I'm watching this now though. Had I watched this series a few years ago, I might've not really cared that much for it. I don't think I would've appreciated it as much as I'm doing it now.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Sep 20, 2015 4:18 AM
Nov 2014
Damn feels in this episode, the reunion between Remi and his mother was really superb in terms of directing. You have got to praise Dezaki here, excellent stuff from him as expected.

The plot twist about Remi's original parents is still alive didn't really mean anything when the Narrator had spoiled about the event in the earlier episodes. But still, this series is outstanding. Hopefully they can keep this greatness until the very end of this journey.
Jan 13, 2016 1:55 AM

Sep 2013
Beautiful episode. I wonder where Remi and Mattia are going to go next though. I can't imagine Remi and Mattia would split, but I don't think Remi has it in him to coerce Mattia into staying with him since Mattia is shown to get tearyeyed when he's reminded of his mother. I hope along with Mrs Milligan and Arthur we'll get to see the other Acquin children too
Oct 31, 2016 5:12 PM

Jun 2015
I actually think it's not bad to know who they truly were from the beginning.

Impossible to tell from a viewer standpoint and for certain, but now it definitely won't be coming out of nowhere. It's something that kept building up in the background and that I've been looking for a while now. So yeah, there's that.

Also this episode was beyond great. This just can seem this satisfying because of all the pain during the journey.
Nov 7, 2016 8:53 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah I agree that the narrator didn't do anything wrong. It actually makes me care for Milligans more and look forward to Remi's next encounter with them. Knowing they're family made me like the Swan episodes even more and made Arthur's illness even harder to watch knowing he's Remi's biological brother. It's not even a spoiler if the creator wants you to know something.

It's been going way too smoothly on Remi and Mattia's journey so far. Feels really rewarding seeing the characters in a more positive environment (even though their journey is still a gamble and everything can go south at every moment). Remi's reunion with his "foster" mom went so smoothly without any complications. It makes you wish they just stayed there forever and maybe went on short journeys just to earn money.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 23, 2018 6:51 PM
Aug 2014
That reunion was incredibly heartwarming
Aug 9, 2018 9:14 AM

Sep 2011
A perfectly wholesome episode! Even though it had some traces of sadness and goodbye at the end.

I was on the edge of my seat yet again! I was so nervous, I kept thinking something would go wrong, that the cow would be stolen or that they wouldn't be able to meet Remi's foster mother, or that Jerome would get in the way, I mean, after all we've been through we never know. But I'm so glad everything was so beautiful, even the poor Chavanon village was shining, I loved it.

Mattia trying his best to cause a good first impression was adorable and Joli Coeur II's reaction was priceless! Everything was smooth and all, but then she tells Remi that they have some news about his true parents and that Jerome is searching for them, I hope that it isn't to take advantage of them as he always wanted, the nerve of appearing before them after selling their kid and having no idea where he is! I hope he's changed, but I guess this may be wishful thinking. We're getting closer to the end and I fear for the future, things have been too good till now.
Jul 16, 2023 8:29 AM

May 2019
The show become a lot more bearable to watch after Mattia join the journey with Remi. He is a really neat addition compared to before Remi was still with Vitalis. This last few episodes are also more enjoyable too. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 11 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 7, 2015

10 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 18, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 9 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 6, 2015

6 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 18, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 3 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 6, 2015

9 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 16, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 2 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 5, 2012

12 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 16, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 1 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 1, 2012

9 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 15, 9:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.