Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion


#1
Mar 12, 2015 10:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 114442
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was an okay episode - good focus on Mask in space. He's actually becoming one of my favorite characters in the show.

A good amount of focus in general with the war actually.. Kinda liked how everyone is working in union alongside Bell as a team too. I'm hoping the remaining two episodes can keep up with this momentum because the last few episodes have been quite intense.
 
#2
Mar 12, 2015 2:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 1125
The best thing for me on this episode update was figuring out that it ends with episode 26.

The episode was really ok and yes, Mask is an interesting character but meh, I just want to finish this series, sorry xD
 
#3
Mar 12, 2015 4:05 PM
WatchGiantRobo

Online
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 6670
Huh,26 episodes.

Was going to drop this episode but with only 2 more left might as well complete this.

 
#4
Mar 12, 2015 9:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was an okay episode - good focus on Mask in space. He's actually becoming one of my favorite characters in the show.

A good amount of focus in general with the war actually.. Kinda liked how everyone is working in union alongside Bell as a team too. I'm hoping the remaining two episodes can keep up with this momentum because the last few episodes have been quite intense.


The show has been absolutely fantastic to me since about episode 6 but I seem to be one of the few that is really into it and just has no trouble following any of what's going on. I mean good grief I have a harder time following stuff like Fate UBW which everyone seems to be 100% perfectly in tune with so I think again it just comes down to me wildly different tastes and interests compared to most.
 
#5
Mar 12, 2015 11:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 29
Wow, two deaths a new pack, a new mech, and some serious laser spams. You know we're reaching the end of a Gundam show.
 
#6
Mar 13, 2015 12:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 6191
A episode focusing on Mask.

The war is okay.
 
#7
Mar 13, 2015 5:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 137
It's taken 24 episodes but Aida has finally done something useful with the G-Arcane. The last few episodes have been quite good, I hope it can keep it up.

Lol at Steer doing her make up on the bridge,
 
#8
Mar 13, 2015 6:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 652
Dang Bellri indirectly killing her farther.
Should of had your suit on... pretty good episode
 
#9
Mar 14, 2015 12:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2838
Pretty awesome episode!

Seems it's getting darker as we move to the end.

I'm glad Klim and Mick Jack are getting some new mobile suits.

I'm still surprise Aida was still holding some resent to Bellri about Cahill. She seems to have an on and off attitude, but she seems has forgiven Bellri this time around.

Damn Barara went berserk here!!! Unfortunately Mask predicted her jealousy and arrogance got her killed.

Anyone notice how the scene where she died reminded me of Lalah and Amuro last battle! Even had the same reaction "Bellri? Barara?"

I'm surprised she didn't scream Mask when she died. Wonder what Mask thinks of her death?

Damn Aida's father dying like that, don't know why he didn't wear any suits when he was in the middle of battle.

Lots of deaths! I do feel like they really they have nothing to expand other than the last battle with Mask which is a shame since we're still missing a lot of details etc.

I hope for S2, but i have feeling this will be the end for Reconguista(hope i'm wroing)

Last 2 episodes T__T
 
Mar 14, 2015 4:09 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 7053
I surely hope for seasons two.

So far,the best Gundam series that I have watched.

Not that it means much,since I watched only Unicorn and 00.
Will sell gamer boi bath water. More in PMs.
 
Mar 14, 2015 5:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 1429
So, Mask and the G-IT corps are now allies.

Meanwhile apparently everyone has gotten their hands on the G-IT corps units.

Okay ep.
Reconguista combines crazy MA girl pilot AND giant space laser into one. Neat.

ALso RIP Aida's father, poor Aida.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

 
Mar 14, 2015 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1505
TOMINO's infamous fangs are finally out.

This is so crazy...Mask and Klim are indiscriminate backstabbers. Weren't they working with the Towasanga guys before Venus Globe?! If Army didn't attack, Ameria would've.

Despite the confusion, beautiful effects and the Yggdrasil is amazing despite its many flaws. Balala got the spoiler-flag treatment since last ep.

you messed up for sure Mask. Ready your ass. ~_~ Seriously...don't kill Manny or Bellri mama. I'm begging.
 
Mar 14, 2015 8:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 178
DejWo said:
I surely hope for seasons two.

So far,the best Gundam series that I have watched.

Not that it means much,since I watched only Unicorn and 00.

This guy. Just, this guy.
 
Mar 15, 2015 12:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 140
again, more new machines introduced in a flash, no prior setup, pop up out of no where and gets destroyed.
This show at this stage feels like Zeta gundam with multiple sides and chaotic reading of battlefield events.
Therefore, not a show younger black and white audience would understood.
It also doesnt feel like it is going to end in 2 episodes either

IN terms of mech design, this show has the biggest variety of form factors of MS since Z/ZZ era because there was no need for confinement of Gundam vs Gundam. I really enjoy those mechanical designs but I am pretty sure many audience would be scratching their head on what is what
 
Mar 15, 2015 7:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 485
I fucking love this show. And I somewhat agree with the comparison to Zeta (Which is my fav gundam ever) but its also very different and has its own vibe ... and not AS dark altho it has hit that darkness at times and is def starting to get there towards the end.

I LOVED that new mech design barara piloted. Like WTF Tomino?? Laser Beams that branch off like a tree that even has leaves? So trippy...

I was a bit surprised that Bellri just killed her like that but I guess he didnt know it was her and she was killing thousands of people so he just did what he had to do. His sis told him not to worry about killing her boyfriend anymore and he seems to have realized what the G-Self's duty is so he will do what has to be done now. pretty sweet.

only thing I wish was that the newtype stuff was just a bit more prevalent but other people might disagree with that.. Like you can tell Bellri is a newtype but I want some hardcore psychadelic scenes like the one in MSG between amuro and lalah with the waves/ocean in space..

anyway I can't wait to see Bellri vs Mask final battle.

I hope the end of this show leads into more shows set in Regild Century.

I think its about time for Gundam to have one long storyline like in UC era and Regild Century would definitely make for a very different and original experience.
Modified by GarudaAiacos, Mar 15, 2015 7:54 AM
 
Mar 15, 2015 9:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 367
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was an okay episode - good focus on Mask in space. He's actually becoming one of my favorite characters in the show.

A good amount of focus in general with the war actually.. Kinda liked how everyone is working in union alongside Bell as a team too. I'm hoping the remaining two episodes can keep up with this momentum because the last few episodes have been quite intense.


The show has been absolutely fantastic to me since about episode 6 but I seem to be one of the few that is really into it and just has no trouble following any of what's going on. I mean good grief I have a harder time following stuff like Fate UBW which everyone seems to be 100% perfectly in tune with so I think again it just comes down to me wildly different tastes and interests compared to most.


For me, it's been since they started the trip to the moon. I'm wondering if by the end of this, Mask will find some equivalent of a world-ending bomb and just kill everyone...

All this haywire attitude of finding strikingly interesting weapons and then going on joyrides with them until Bellri comes in to remind everyone that this is fucking war and people are actually dying left and right.

I'm really not sure how this is going to end, but mass genocide certainly sounds like it's imminent.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
 
Mar 15, 2015 3:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1505
Ani-Blast said:
I'm really not sure how this is going to end, but mass genocide certainly sounds like it's imminent.


Me either. Tomino doesn't seem like under 40 ep type, and I sense a Season 2 because I feel that there must be more. They should just drop Towasanga on the Capital Tower and Earth.

I LOVED that new mech design barara piloted. Like WTF Tomino?? Laser Beams that branch off like a tree that even has leaves? So trippy...


Not called Yggdrasil for nothing.

Still, such a mythical tree, it's almost always portrayed as something bad/scary in fiction.
 
Mar 17, 2015 9:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3979
Seems on course to finish in 2 episodes to me. Final battle: Bellri and friends + Amerians vs. Capital Army + GIT? More or less how the show started. Dorette is gone, and Mashner is too preoccupied with mourning Rockpie. Perhaps the fleet will still try to invade the tower, but I don't expect it to be effective. One reconguista down, most likely. Gusion is gone, but Klim-Jack can hold their own. Mini-Haman probably survived. Another blanket shutdown via Newtype pewpew would be in line with Bellri's character, and Tomino's commentary.
Sieg Zeon!
 
Mar 18, 2015 9:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 171
This show just sucks, so glad it's almost over.
 
Mar 19, 2015 8:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7622
Start the massacre? At first sight it seems to you, given the swirl of dead only seen today.
I'm sorry that one of these is Barara, could still give as much character.
Narration always messy, but a small logical thread in the battle has seen, are not satisfied to the fullest, but compared to the past is much more usable.
Plot that still does not show well the true end of all this show.
Drawings with ups and downs, pretty wacky novelties shown today, beautiful new mecha shown in this episode.
 
Mar 22, 2015 7:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 367
terrablu2003 said:
Start the massacre? At first sight it seems to you, given the swirl of dead only seen today.
I'm sorry that one of these is Barara, could still give as much character.
Narration always messy, but a small logical thread in the battle has seen, are not satisfied to the fullest, but compared to the past is much more usable.
Plot that still does not show well the true end of all this show.
Drawings with ups and downs, pretty wacky novelties shown today, beautiful new mecha shown in this episode.


It wasn't due to all the deaths this particular episode had that I foresaw massacre.

It was due to the power-hungry children throwing out all this advanced technology like they're toys for often-personal reasons. Bellri is clearly against this trying his best with the G-Self to reteach the horrible consequences of war, but there's too many people for him to counteract. I think eventually someone will discover Venus Globe technology with massacre-potential and stopping that will be the aim of the final episode.
Modified by Ani-Blast, Mar 22, 2015 9:07 AM
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
 
Mar 26, 2015 6:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32176
alright fuck it, this is ZZ all over again, bad start, gets better and more interesting midway through, then goes full retard in the finale.

I'm just gonna do what i should of done from the start, im just turning my brain off and enjoying the mecha porn, and as spotty as the writing and character motivation may be compared to the above mentioned ZZ its somehow less nonsensical than that show's finale.
Ani-Blast said:
terrablu2003 said:
Start the massacre? At first sight it seems to you, given the swirl of dead only seen today.
I'm sorry that one of these is Barara, could still give as much character.
Narration always messy, but a small logical thread in the battle has seen, are not satisfied to the fullest, but compared to the past is much more usable.
Plot that still does not show well the true end of all this show.
Drawings with ups and downs, pretty wacky novelties shown today, beautiful new mecha shown in this episode.


It wasn't due to all the deaths this particular episode had that I foresaw massacre.

It was due to the power-hungry children throwing out all this advanced technology like they're toys for often-personal reasons. Bellri is clearly against this trying his best with the G-Self to reteach the horrible consequences of war, but there's too many people for him to counteract. I think eventually someone will discover Venus Globe technology with massacre-potential and stopping that will be the aim of the final episode.
too bad hes been doing the same shit the entire show getting people killed since ep 2, its only been these past 2 episodes that people havent been getting killed cause of him

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Apr 18, 2015 8:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 5873
Shit. Barara and Aida's dad are dead. And probably that Old Man and Mashner from Dorette Fleet.

This is intense.
 
Jul 21, 2015 12:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3035
Unlike in other Gundam the deaths in this are so..who cares about these characters really? They had like 0 development.
 
Jan 10, 2018 7:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 15044
Finally a decent battle thanks to the Yggdrasil powerful, although end very quick!!! :/


Hello, my litte boy!


 
Top