Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 25, 2015 2:23 AM

Oct 2008
Lol at Yano managed to stop Iketani for the 17th time!
Miyamori persuading Ema to be an Assistant AD (80 cuts) for the 13th (final?) episode.
Rii-chan isn't nervous doing script work but more scared on not becoming a scriptwriter.
Shizuka-chan is still always feeling down because of VA issues.
Both Tarou & Hiraoka are drunk and spitting-out all their bad-feelings towards their work.
Now we know what really happened to Hiraoka and also his past which results to his douche attitude.
At least Tarou is such a bro when drunk only...haha!
Dat glare of Kunogi because jealous of Ema & Mii-chan moments.
Good motivation words by Shigeru Sugie to help Ema with her Animation work troubles.
Laughed out very loud on the Kunogi scene about the Underwear...Kantoku was hilarious along with the other two!

But on the last part SHIT goes down again! Looks like author again scrapped the storyboards for ep 13.

Mar 27, 2015 3:54 AM

May 2010
Tarou and Hiraoka are already best buddies, that's sweet. Guess I understand and like Hiraoka better now (Tarou too) On the other hand, Ema is totally playing the senpai role properly now - that's sweet too. Meanwhile, there is Sakaki (sigh... it breaks my heart everytime they show her jobless) That transition was perfect.

Kunogi getting happy for Ema was <3 She actually reached the meeting alone, that was one the best scenes of the show if not the best LMAO. "Is this underwear?"

All of the episode 13 storyboard rejected... I was eating and stopped eating just then. WHAT THE HELL? THESE GUYS WERE WORKING SO HARD, YOU ANNOYING MANGAKA, YOU CAN'T EVEN ATTEND ANY OF THE MEETINGS AND YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET ANGRY, SO ANNOYING... Why am I getting mad?

Btw the ED song has really grown on me. It's not the best out there but still nice.
Mar 27, 2015 10:05 AM

Oct 2012
Aw so much struggles
Zuka-chan
Dai-chan and Tarou

Kunogi is jealous!!
"Kore wa shitagi desu ka?"

The storm
It's coming!!
Literally? xD

Trippwire01 said:
okanagan said:
kshin172 said:
I like how jealous Kunogi got. She also spoke!

"Is this underwear?"

Director: "Yes! This is underwear!"
Yamada: "It's Noa's underwear!"
Madoka: "And it's white!"

Lol this is the spotlight of the episode xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 29, 2015 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
This was the big Kunobi breakthrough! She has spoken!!!! xD
Poor Shizuka...I feel so sad for her. There's only 2 episodes left and she is still unemployed and with no expectations to work with the other girls in the near future.
Tarou and Hiraoka are extremly likable when they're drunk! Ahah
Apr 8, 2015 12:54 PM
May 2012
Hiraoka had a shitty past. He should know that it will not always be like that. Tarou, redeem yourself and help Hiraoka :D
Kunogi finally said a freaking sentence ahahaha. Ema is so cute and adorable, man!!

Beautiful_Sea said:

Holy hell, that was the greatest Shirobako ep yet! Just great! Only flaw I could point out in this ep is the abundance of Zuka suffering.

Oh, my Zuka ;_;
Apr 13, 2015 11:59 AM

Sep 2014
Last ep. storyboard rejected.. :DD

Also it feels like everyone is dying there..
Apr 13, 2015 5:15 PM

Jan 2009
fucking manga author strikes again, he rejected the entire work for episode 13
Apr 15, 2015 6:13 PM

Jul 2014
really relaxing, light hearted episode… up to the scene right before the ed lol
Apr 25, 2015 10:04 AM

Sep 2013
Wow, its so hard to choose who is the cutest girl in this anime lol.

And of course shit had to happen.

BTW, I hate the manga author. He doesn't communicate at all and say they can do whatever they want or some shit like that and in the end he does that. Of course I knew something bad would happen, but this shit is fucking frustrating.
Apr 30, 2015 9:23 AM

May 2012
Lol that pantsu scene! Pretty fun :p
May 1, 2015 9:36 AM
Apr 2013
tarou x hiraoka best bromance, i still hate kunogi
Jun 18, 2015 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
In its small way, this episode can cover a breadth of purpose that leaves me appalled, thinking instead about what other TV series have failed to do in the entire span of the transmission. There is almost everything in the narrative, it is unable to empathize with the character of Hiraoka, also shed tears for her past; understand the great strides made by Ema, admire the preciousness of the daily highlighted with the parallel of various characters as Zuka-chan, Nao and his colleague and their work problems or existential. Then we could talk about the comedy, cute and nice view with Kunogi that interacts with and Madoka Kinoshita. And yet with Segawa and the imprint responsible and serious that he always had this anime. In short, a valuable test that shows that we are faced with something that really deserves and I emphasize, to be valued as it should be. Discrete designs and animations, it is unfortunate that this TV series is already ending.
Jun 26, 2015 2:48 PM

Oct 2012
I anticipated that. What ending would this show have if not for some drama in the end.

I feel sad for Zuka though, she being unable to get her dream job. But maybe distributor is happy with work they are doing right now to make this two-cour or to be continued? Who knows, maybe they'll incorporate new character for Zuku after all.

But this late in the game, that's harsh, there goes their two-week edge over airing, time to put some changes to ep13 and make everything again (dub retakes included)!
Jun 27, 2015 8:15 AM

Sep 2014
okanagan said:
kshin172 said:
I like how jealous Kunogi got. She also spoke!

"Is this underwear?"

http://livedoor.4.blogimg.jp/mikiy666-tenco/imgs/3/8/3827f20e.gif

This scene made my day
Jul 1, 2015 7:50 AM

Oct 2009
Pretty interesting how Tarou started out as the most annoying shit and now he's quite likeable.
Jul 22, 2015 4:10 AM

Mar 2012
MegaShadowFist said:
Magito said:

Only Tarou can save him. Go Tarou!

I never thought that he would be capable of saving anyone. You know things are bad when Tarou is the savior.

Who could've ever guessed that Tarou would be such a bro.

htsuji said:

And the moment after the last straw, when it disappeared completely,
it can be far more dispiriting for you when you have to keep working for a job you despise than when you fail to get a job you respect.

As much as I find his recent behavior with his coworkers unacceptable you really can't help but feel sorry for what the guy went through. Poor fella was giving it his all and those people just stepped all over his trust and dreams.
Aug 31, 2015 1:32 PM

Jul 2014
I don't care what anyone says, Tarou is one of my favorite characters! That bromance man.

LOL Kunogi's dramatic and determined "Uhh!" when she decided to go to the meeting alone.

Dammit, just when I was getting emotional about Third Aerial Girls being finished... T__T it was 2good2betru
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2015 8:46 PM

Jun 2009
oh boy not again...

a fair amount of character development this episode.
Sep 22, 2015 10:27 PM

Aug 2009
hiraoka and tarou pair is really getting into me, keep 'em coming

kunogi power! yes!

the original creator blew it again, looks like more shitstorm for aoi

Y U DO DIS P.A. Y U NO GIV ZUKA GOOD ENDING

torn my heart into thousand pieces to see her so depressed ;(
Sep 25, 2015 10:36 PM

Apr 2009
That is really sad, the ending that made the VA cry is no good.
Oct 2, 2015 10:15 PM

May 2014
Gaaah that last moment just made the episode go from 'aw hell yeah' to 'no.. no COME ON!"
Oct 6, 2015 2:59 PM

Jan 2011
Only two episodes left, please don't rush this shit P.A. Works.
ramenshoujo said:
Tarou started off as a clown but I have to admit, his energy is just so positive.

And to all of you complaining about Hamster-girl not being able to speak a full sentence.. well

Both of this very much ++
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 23, 2016 6:15 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
I lol'd so hard in this episode.
Apr 11, 2016 4:43 PM

Nov 2015
Awww come on! But the creator said the storyboards were ok!!
Now the already recorded everything and suddenly he says it's all trash!?

I wanted to hear the plan of Taro and Daisuke to overthrown Minamori xD

I feel sad for Shizuka =(
I think we all want her to be happy.

PD: I'm a fan of Ema, she's so cute jaja She has a I-don't-know-what that makes me like her.
HumbertoZeroApr 12, 2016 4:36 PM
Jun 11, 2016 3:43 AM

Mar 2015
Another rejection by author just like few episodes ago?? Come on!! I was disappointed by this plot.
It seems the writer is "Bansaku Tsukita~~" just like Honda!

2.2/5
Jun 27, 2016 5:21 PM

Sep 2015
This was a pretty dense and entertaining episode which gave us a lot of development to the myriad cast of characters. For starters we have Ema who is nominated to a promotion by an overworked Yumi. I wanted her to have become confident enough she'd eagerly accept the job on the spot. But I think the decision to have her think on it was a smart one for the episode. Aoi's concern over her friend sabotaging herself was touching and it gave her a chance to have people like Yumi and Sugie boost her confidence. In the end she seems at peace with it. We hear from her parents for the first time as she happily tells her mother not to worry about her, she can make a living in animation. Ema sure has grown a lot, and she's got quite an admirer in Kunogi (her jealousy was great).

This leads to one of my favorite moments of the episode between Aoi and Segawa. Miyamori wants Segawa to step in as assistant animation director if Ema declines, but Segawa is skeptical of it. So Miyamori pledges to do everything in her power to make things run smoothly if it comes down to it. Segawa still doesn't accept but doesn't decline either and is inspired by as she puts it Aoi's "Sincerity." It was just nice because Segawa was one of the first people we saw take an interest in Miyamori at the beginning of the series. That she now trusts and respects her is some really nice development even if Segawa hasn't been around as much in the second cour.

The episode ends with a big sequence of various characters getting drunk and winding down after a hard days work. We finally see Hiraoka's tragic past we've all known was a long time coming. I'll admit like many I thought Hiraoka was too far gone for redemption, but like Tarou I was moved by his sad little stories of abuse and failed expectations. I also love that Tarou is like a pathetic little villain in the vein of a Starscream or something, viewing Miyamori as his main obstacle and plotting to overtake her.

Zuka's story I feel is sadly stagnating. Watching her sadly watch other seiyuu on the television was kind of depressing, especially as she only has two more episodes to take steps towards realizing her dream. I believe in those lifted storm clouds in the OP, I believe in Zuka lets go. The episode ends in one of the most gut wrenching cliff hangers we've seen yet in the show. The one guy (I still have not learned his name or position) standing in the harsh blowing winds as he receives the fateful call was such a great and well animated shot. The wrench in their plans has surfaced, Nogame the manga author has rejected the storyboard for the mostly completed final episode. We'll see how this gets resolved in the endgame. Maybe this will be Zuka's chance.
Jul 25, 2016 12:09 PM

Aug 2012
-The scene in Shizuka's room was pretty sad, especially with the Best Value brand whatever she was drinking
-Seems like Hiraoka was just in the wrong place at the wrong time
-The scene where Ema and Misa worked on the boar's animation was actually pretty interesting
-The anticipation in the episode 13 meeting was pretty nice, but why did that become the title of the episode
-Somehow I'm happy for Suzuki despite her only having like 10 minutes of screentime
-Oh so that's what the last two episodes are going to be about
-Version 5 of the ED with a focus on Midori

This episode felt pretty empty compared to the previous ones
Aug 5, 2016 6:13 AM

Jul 2013
There are times when you should say to the original creator to just go fuck himself. Stephen King Shinning debacle is good example of that.

I can understand Stephen King for not liking that Kubrick made it his version of Shinning something of his own but saying that the lousy TV movie version is better than Kubricks film is just laughable.

There's plenty of lousy or mediocre work's being elevated by adaptation.
Sep 21, 2016 1:56 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty good episode. The last scene with the director stressed me out. I don't think I could work in anime!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 12, 2016 3:21 PM
Feb 2015
again the creator being a dick and doesnt even bother to show up....
Dec 5, 2016 12:52 PM

Feb 2012
I think Daisuke has a bud on his head.

That jealousy from Kunogi. 😃

SHE SPOKE!

OH SHIIIT
Fortress_MaximusDec 6, 2016 11:03 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 16, 2017 6:43 PM

May 2010
Oh no, trouble with mangaka AGAIN?! T^T Poor Musani doesn't get one moment to take a break...

Also, stalker-chan finally spoke, that was a highlight of this episode, totally lolz.
Jul 19, 2017 5:03 AM

Jul 2012
There were so many great things about this episode!

Ema slowly warming up to taking on animation directing, almost backing out, and then Shigeru giving her the push to take the job. And his quote really gives you another perspective on talent.
"...talent is the ability to take chances and the calm to learn from your mistakes."

We got a conversation in an oden stall from two characters that never got any previous screen time, and it was actually a really enjoyable.

I kinda take back when I said that Taoru probably only grew on me because he isn't screwing everything up anymore. He's actually best worst guy hahaha. His conversation with Hiroaka was great and showed us why Hiroaka lost all his passion. It was pretty sad how it all happened, but he's still an ass. Although Taoru's drunken reaction of almost crying and giving him an award for his efforts was great 😂

And the whole animation meeting with Konugi was amazing. The way they all said their lines, Konugi finally speaking a full sentence and having it be about panties, all of their poses, and then the camera movement to top it all off. Everything about that short sequence was hilarious 😂

Shizuka depressed and drinking alone was not fun to watch. I need her to be happy by the end of the next two episodes! >:(

And then to finish the episode, we get the call from the mangaka for another table to be flipped. I guess it wouldn't be Shirobako without chaos ensuing, right? 😅
Jul 19, 2017 7:12 PM

Jul 2017
Part of me felt like I knew the rejection was going to happen, but I didn't want everyones hardwork to be rejected :(

Hiraoka and Tarou scenes were great. When the shy girl finally spoke was also great haha :')

I need salvation for ZUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Aug 22, 2017 12:15 AM

Jun 2013
I still think Hiraoka is a jackass, but at least I understand him a little better now. There's probably something about seeing characters drunk that makes them reveal much more of themselves. Heck, seeing him drunk was actually a little bit endearing, I admit. I'm still not gonna forgive him for his behavior, though.

Aug 31, 2017 2:21 PM
Sep 2009
People might be annoyed by repetition of client being unhappy but the things is, that is reality. Cients just love to change things, espcially right towards the end. They can spend 2 months nitpicking on just one scene when there are hundreds more to do based on that scene. Or swap everything and triple amount of work. They don't care about how many sleepless nights you have. Sad but true.
Jan 16, 2018 8:55 AM

Apr 2015
Getting Hiraoka a little tipsy seemed to make it easier for him to open up a bit and reveal his struggles in the past. I'm not sure if I'm sympathetic for him (unless his behavior is significantly altered in these last two episodes), but it works better than last episode's "See, he's not such a bad guy, he has a cat!".

I felt bad for Shizuka, sitting alone drinking, eating chips, and torturing herself watching high school VAs. With only two episodes left after this, I really hope things turn around for her...

Of course, things were almost going too calmly production-wise this episode, so at the last minute the entire last episode's storyboards were rejected.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 2, 2018 2:17 PM
Jan 2012
Iketani running much.
Takanashi discovery secrets of hiraoka. Finally kunogi-san his speaking.
Ema-senpai evolving in your work and help your friends. Fantastic.
Mar 14, 2019 3:23 PM

May 2016
B3st episode..... so many stuff happened Hiroaka let go of his pride and showed his true colors.

too many cute scenes included. the comedy was awesome as well. 5/5
Apr 21, 2019 6:32 AM

Feb 2018
Really funny especially they discuss about stocking xD.
Oct 23, 2019 5:41 AM

Apr 2013
Oh boy, bet they're all hella glad once episode 13 is over. Working with that author and his weird "Funny story" guy sure is stressful.
May 28, 2020 8:58 PM

Dec 2010
At this point, PA Works is just making Zuka-chan and us viewers suffer....

Sasuga PA Works...
Nov 30, 2020 1:55 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
What a good show. Nothing wrong with it at all other than I myself am just kind of bored. Feel like the same stuff is just happening over and over again. But that's just me. Fast forwarded through these past few episodes just to get this over with. I'll watch the final 2 episodes properly though. It's been good enough to receive a 7/10 for sure

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 18, 2021 3:05 PM

Jul 2017
Bunch of things happened with various people this episode, but it was a really good one. Hiraoka confirmed now to be affected by being the middleman to trouble with his previous companies as key animators constantly gave no effort with him and he had to hear about it from the production committee and take responsibility for the mistakes. Just stuck with bad luck with people who took on too many jobs or were tired of giving effort for projects, and its a shame that he couldn't recognize that even here, and when Segawa was critical for him and his attitude, he again felt like the Musashino Animation studio was the same as the rest. He had a much needed drinking session with Tarou and its good to see him reveal a bit towards him about his dream, nice to have some form of outlet for your internal problems and stress somehow.

Also, nice seeing Ema take on the role of directly helping out Iguchi as one of her assistant supervisors along with Rinko. The final episode does have an insane amount of cuts, worthy of an epic climax so makes sense for Iguchi to request two people that she relies on the most, beyond just the key animation skills, for such a heavy task. Ema was afraid initially but after a conversation with Sugie, she was inspired to take on the role after all. She's grown a lot in her skills as a key animator to take on some good responsibility like this plus she'll be able to grow a ton from this experience as well.

I'm not a fan of the random Shirobako comedy scenes normally since I feel they're way too goofy and just kill the sort of flow the show normally does pretty well with the work environment and atmosphere, but the underwear scene was so wacky and out of nowhere that it actually made me chuckle a bit. Fair play Shirobako, you won this round.

Finally, damn that ending. Nogame-sensei is definitely not the best when it comes to telling the anime to do some retakes due to him being unsatisfied with the final episode and rejected all storyboards. It is the finale of that show so I can understand the declining of it, but man... more chaos needed for the work environment on how to complete the show am I right???
Jan 28, 2021 10:21 PM

Feb 2019
Damn, seeing Shizuka drinking and eating alone in her dark room watching successful voice actors on TV was so sad and depressing. She's worked really hard. I really hope she'll get something by the end of the series, and I want to believe that. If she doesn't, that might change a big part of how I see this series...

The scene where Kunogi went to the directors alone was hilarious with those poses!
Apr 18, 2021 3:21 AM

May 2015

Top 10 anime quotes!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 20, 7:42 AM

Jun 2015
What is wrong with this mangaka? I feel it's really his editor's fault. Must be tough having a Takanashi on each side.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

286 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.