Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2015 5:14 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This fucking justice system is a joke. How does anyone profit from Acquins being in jail where he can't work to repay his debt and isntead costs the government money. And 5 years too, holy shit.
It was sad to watch the kids being split up, but I guess it makes sense. And Remi parting ways with them was kinda predictable at that point. His whole reaction/attitude was very inspiring though, also for the other family members. I really like the idea with the 'ring bond' he mentioned, I hope it works out as he planned it. The kids giving him all those useful items was also a great scene. I wonder if he can make a living with just himself and Capi though.
AlcoholicideMar 10, 2015 8:37 PM
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 19, 2015 11:40 AM
Nov 2014
5 years for what ? Fucking ridiculous decision to imprisoned a man for doing absolutely no harm towards the society.

Oh well, Remi is now back to square one again... atleast Capi is still alive and kicking though. The very last surviving member of the troupe :(
Oct 26, 2016 3:42 PM

Jun 2015
Hopefully Rémi didn't take a naive decision by just accepting it like that. Can't say I disliked his attitude though, more like the opposite.

Still hard to believe nobody would like to pick a boy like him, 19th century France or otherwise. Even the neighboor who already knew him.
Nov 6, 2016 3:45 AM

Feb 2008
The father was just too good, great people always end up suffering in one way or another.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 21, 2018 7:25 AM
Aug 2014
So he got sent to debtors prison.

At least Remi seemed to take it in his stride; doubt it'll go as well as he's hoping knowing this show.
Aug 9, 2018 8:38 AM

Sep 2011
How depressing to see this good family being torn apart.

The poor siblings won't be able to live together again for at least five years, maybe things won't ever be the same for them and they didn't deserve this.

Poor Remi is also by himself again, his promise was beautiful and his pride commendable, but I wonder how well he will fare now.
Jan 26, 2020 12:39 AM

Dec 2018
This is the third father Remi has lost, wtf.
Jul 15, 2023 2:47 AM

May 2019
Remi is just way too naive and optimistic despite all of the suffering that has been thrown at him. This just make him hardly believable as a character and he hasn't developed at all. The punishment are seemingly ridiculous and we hardly get to know the family. At this point I kind of anticipating what is next pain that will come his way.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 11 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 7, 2015

10 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 18, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 9 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 6, 2015

6 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 18, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 3 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 6, 2015

9 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 16, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 2 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 5, 2012

12 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 16, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 1 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 1, 2012

9 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 15, 9:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.