Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 14, 2016 6:41 PM

May 2010
Oh man, that shot, didn't think that Yona would actually kill someone in this series! And no one even mentioned it after that, even though everyone was super surprised, whaaat.

Her piercing glance, brr seriously gave me goosebumps.
...But I've got even bigger ones when I saw Su-won! Last person I thought it could be, maan.

Ps. Ao is the cutest little squirrel ever, when he tried to eat Shin-ah's hand, aww 。◕‿◕。
Aug 5, 2016 2:58 PM

Jul 2015
Omg the ending! I came here just to say that LOL. What on earth is Su-Won doing there.

caught in the wonder
Aug 23, 2016 8:26 AM

Jul 2014
It's really awesome seeing scumbag characters like that getting defeated.
Nov 29, 2016 12:17 PM

May 2009
It's been awhile since an anime has surprised me this much. That was a great cliffhanger.
Dec 1, 2016 5:12 AM

May 2015
Clifhanger :DDDD

Too bad the bad guy dies without some fight, but oh well
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 19, 2016 4:18 AM

May 2014
Yona's ability to get things done never cease to amaze me! Awesome episode! Easily my favorite episode so far.

May 23, 2017 2:15 PM

May 2015
Glad that the pig got what he deserved... he was worse than scum the only problem was that Yona has to stain her hands but she didn’t have a choice if she wanted to protect her citizens...

The daughter of the king who claimed peace and banned war... for her to be the one stains her hands, is truly a tragedy a one that had to happen but nonetheless a heartbreak. I love her character development.

Before someone say: Ah! but it is a bit hypocritical to praise her and not that bastard of Su-won [he did the same thing(?)] nope! we got the story of Geum-ji Yang from multiple citizens, captain Gi-gang and we witness what he is capable of, he deserved to be killed... the late king, Yona's father we only have to trust what he himself had said (we have to trust a liar and a manipulative person) that he was no good... but you may say that the villager that was sick and starving to death (the one that told the princes how bad of a job the king did) sure but that land was a jurisdiction of another general the one who is pouring money into the army and not the residents, yes the king is responsible because he is the head but that doesn’t mean that the generals are exempt of that responsibility, I say this because there is more to this story, ask yourself why Thunder Beast & the elder (two righteous folks) of his village would put his trust/devote themselves to a bad ruler…?!

On a side note:
I thought that she bumped into the final dragon but never I would have expected to be Su-won I hope she kick him in the nutz in the next episode...
Aug 23, 2017 12:49 AM

May 2013
I approve of Yona's bloodlust huehuehue. That arrow shot was fantastic :D Migoto!

YiKES at that ending :O
Sep 21, 2017 5:32 AM

Jul 2016
Lumilicious said:
It's been awhile since an anime has surprised me this much. That was a great cliffhanger.

I was just thinking that. I saw the gold hair and thought here is dragon four but nope. Time for asshole old crush to show up.
Sep 30, 2017 5:22 AM
Dec 2013
k so, why put such a crucial plot point in the op, i don't get it. the op basically spoils the big moment of this season, it's dumb.
Apr 2, 2018 10:44 AM

Nov 2016
Thought that Yonas first kill was the highlight until the last scene..

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 3, 2018 4:11 AM

Mar 2016
Oh, HELL YEAH!!! Yona coldbloodedly one shot the fuck outta that petrified Kumji. He stands no chance against Yona's glare. To the others and especially Yun, they've done well to not only save all the women but also free Awa Port from Kumji and his filthy mercenaries!

Well, Yona is back at facing Su-Woon again... So... Kill him? Fight him? Cry? Glare?
Nov 25, 2018 11:25 AM
Aug 2018
Yona shooting Kumji with that arrow was so hype. Her hair on eyes were on fire. She has really grown on me.

The last scene of this episode had me shook. I wonder how Yona and Soo-Won will interact. Will he try to kill her?

I really love all of the dragons. Their totally the best power rangers team. LOL

Now that the town is safe. I wonder where the next adventure is. Meeting the Yellow Dragon?

Fantastic Episode. Its almost finale time.
Feb 15, 2019 10:34 AM

Jun 2015
I got the chills when Yona was aiming for Kumji.

That's a big surprise at the end.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 17, 2020 7:49 AM

Sep 2015
I feel neutral about how the Yona shooting scene was adapted, everything was set up just right, except for the part where Kum-Ji is shot is just still pictures. Would've been spectacular had I seen the arrow piercing animated to really enforce Yona's development in character. It makes me regret that I watched the anime adaptation first, which overall has been subpar specifically in animation.
Jul 17, 2020 8:11 AM
Jul 2020
Roy_Focker said:
Glad that the pig got what he deserved...

You should read the manga. There are almost 200 chapters so far and it is even more interesting than the animation.
Soo Won is not a simple character. Through the story he doesn't change a bit - because from the very beginning he has a purpose and in fact all other characters do what they do only as long as he allows them.
However, an attentive reader's perception of Soo Won changes from volume to volume - from a handsome aristocrat, to a traitor, then to a legendary figure of a travelling emperor, then to a geopolitical mastermind and this is not the end of it). Not for a second he is selfish or corrupted. Or hungry for power.
All other characters in the manga/ anime change their attitude towards Soo Won too, it is a fascinating artistic feature of the story.
At the same time, a lot of mysteries about his origins and purposes are revealed, so he is the backbone and engine of the whole plot while all actions of other people depend on his actions and decisions.
Jul 17, 2020 3:10 PM

May 2015
Romeo4755 said:
Roy_Focker said:
Glad that the pig got what he deserved...

You should read the manga. There are almost 200 chapters so far and it is even more interesting than the animation.
Soo Won is not a simple character. Through the story he doesn't change a bit - because from the very beginning he has a purpose and in fact all other characters do what they do only as long as he allows them.
However, an attentive reader's perception of Soo Won changes from volume to volume - from a handsome aristocrat, to a traitor, then to a legendary figure of a travelling emperor, then to a geopolitical mastermind and this is not the end of it). Not for a second he is selfish or corrupted. Or hungry for power.
All other characters in the manga/ anime change their attitude towards Soo Won too, it is a fascinating artistic feature of the story.
At the same time, a lot of mysteries about his origins and purposes are revealed, so he is the backbone and engine of the whole plot while all actions of other people depend on his actions and decisions.
Hello, friend. I will take your recommendation into consideration, stay safe!
Aug 14, 2020 1:00 PM
Oct 2019
This has gotten corny. And sadly, Blue Dragon is still worthless...

That cliffhanger ending was solid though. I bet dumb Yona is still in love with him.
Aug 25, 2020 4:57 AM

Mar 2016
As soon as Yona was alone with her red hair out for the world to see after a happy drinking feast, I knew something was gonna happen.

Oh no.
semi-casual.
Aug 25, 2020 5:28 AM

Mar 2016
HagePotPotato said:
This has gotten corny. And sadly, Blue Dragon is still worthless...

That cliffhanger ending was solid though. I bet dumb Yona is still in love with him.

If she is I'm gonna rage so hard. He literally killed her father right in front of her and exiled her and Hak, making her life miserable. You cannot love someone after that. Never.
semi-casual.
Oct 17, 2020 12:54 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I thought for a second dragon number 4 would stand there .... but HIM?
Omg ... I am not sure If I am actually happy about it. I think she is still not that strong to tear him apart for what he has done.
Also I start to feel frustrated. 2 episodes left .... and no Season 2.

I dont want to have to read the manga to know whats going on this is so sad T____T

Oct 19, 2020 3:34 PM

May 2016
Holy molly that ending plus Yona killing Kumuji my brain can’t handle all this together.
Dec 2, 2020 2:09 AM

Jun 2017
the whole 'not killing people' thing is rather hard to believe isn't it?

that ending scene's a big bruh moment
Jul 15, 2021 1:06 PM

Aug 2018
Yona killed someone!!!

OMG Su-won saw Yona!!!!

Feb 20, 2022 9:57 AM
Nov 2020
What a way to end an episode... are you fucking kidding me. why tf is that son of a bitch at awa?!
So yellow dragon, where you at?
Jul 7, 2022 9:37 AM

Nov 2007
I was half-asleep the whole episode but that ending woke me up so much I sat up lmao. I thought she is gonna run into Yan Keumji who somehow have survived but uh nuh! It was obvious she is gonna meet Suwon sooner or later but I have never expected it would be like this. Anyway, now I am really intrigued.
Nov 7, 2022 3:11 PM
Oct 2021
Um dos melhores episódios que eu já vi de todos os animes no geral
Nov 7, 2022 3:12 PM
Oct 2021
Um dos melhores episódios que eu já vi de todos os animes no geral
Dec 24, 2022 2:32 AM

Jan 2021
This episode was awesome. The fight and that ending was completely unexpected.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 27, 2023 7:55 AM

Apr 2016
The action was good but I was just waiting for this whole ordeal to finish, so I wasn't that excited about it.
Of course, if she's going to bump into someone in the middle of an empty street, it's going to be Suwon lol.
Nov 6, 2023 3:30 AM

Dec 2022
Its amazing to see Yona go from a naive, innocent, sheltered girl to a courageous and fearless soul for the sake of her friends. After losing everything and having a taste of the bitter reality of the situation in the Kingdom, she finds meaning in the turn of events. From being protected, to proactive. Willing to learn and change to protect her friends and her Kingdom.
Feb 9, 12:43 PM

Jul 2008
Kumji was shot, but was that a killshot?

And also, Su-Won out of nowhere....oh shyt.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.