Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 10, 2015 4:31 AM

Nov 2014
So i heard very mixed things about this anime some people call it a Masterpiece and some people are saying its very bad so i'm wondering are the people that say its very good are Joking/Trolling kinda like with School Days Mars Of Destruction Pupa Etc... to get a couple of laughs when people watch it
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 10, 2015 4:32 AM

Jan 2015
I genuinely like it.

It isn't the best show, but it's at least as good as, if not better than Seed Destiny.
Mar 10, 2015 5:14 AM

Nov 2014
ChairForceOne said:
I genuinely like it.

It isn't the best show, but it's at least as good as, if not better than Seed Destiny.

What do you like about it?
Mar 10, 2015 5:15 AM

Jan 2015
CashMoney said:
ChairForceOne said:
I genuinely like it.

It's pretty ridiculous. It's kind of like gundam for idiots, with lots of slapstick comedy and fan service.

Its a light watch.
Mar 10, 2015 7:38 AM

May 2014
ChairForceOne said:
CashMoney said:

It's pretty ridiculous. It's kind of like gundam for idiots, with lots of slapstick comedy and fan service.

Its a light watch.

That's more or less it. The plot twists and character development are pretty good.

Though I think the first half of the show was better, it's still worth watching to the end.

That being said, it's not for everyone. To anybody who easily buys into the OMG CROSS ANGE IS BAD/OFFENSIVE! -crap that you see on animenewsnetwork or tumblr, do yourself a favor and stick to watching moe idol shows or big 3 shonen.
DeicideVMar 10, 2015 8:14 AM
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Mar 10, 2015 2:49 PM

Sep 2013
Top notch music, voice acting, animation and character development.

The theme for the first 10 ep. is discrimination and really tugs at the heart strings that's why everyone bashes it, they can't handle the realism, this is how a real person would act after being thrown in hell.

Ep.11 and on focuses on the DRAGONS then the final villain : Embryo sama.
ichii_1Mar 10, 2015 6:51 PM
Mar 10, 2015 3:40 PM

Aug 2014
It's not bad. I like the gratuitous T&A and the mechs are alright.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 10, 2015 3:43 PM

Oct 2013
Cross Ange can be both ridiculous and genuinely good.

- On the former: unlike say, Aldnoah, it's ALWAYS self-aware & embraces it's own ridiculousness. You can tell that Sunrise had a blast while making this and if there's any doubt, watching the previews should clear them.

- On the later: it has some excellent character development for it's main character, Ange and the relevant side characters aren't ignored either - they all have a part to play, whether it's small or large.

The overall plot fall's into both categories: genuinely good & interesting with numerous twists(too many some would say) but also riddled with several inconsistencies and "wtf" moments(but again, it's constantly self-aware of them).

One can be moderately entertained by watching it as a glorious entertaining trainwreck like say, Valvrave(granted, it's not as ridiculous as VV, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your taste) or for Ange's journey. But the viewers who get the most of the show are the ones who enjoy all or most of what it has to offer and I'm glad to be one of them. That's when Cross Ange becomes one hell of a ride.

Also, this is a very unapologetic show. It'll inevitably offend quite a few people while pleasing others and not give a damn, something which I'm totally for, especially when the staff behind it knows how to entertain, and Fukuda sure as hell does. Long live controversial anime!
Mar 10, 2015 11:27 PM

Nov 2014
QuattroVaginas said:
T&A?
Mar 11, 2015 1:26 AM
Jun 2014
CashMoney said:
QuattroVaginas said:
T&A?

Tits and ass. It has lots of fanservice from what I've heard.
Mar 11, 2015 11:27 PM

Nov 2013
Ezocon said:
CashMoney said:
T&A?

Tits and ass. It has lots of fanservice from what I've heard.

Not really..as of right now.
Hey at least it's subtle...kinda.
The only fanservice I see right now are the Tusk Yuki Rito esque accidents.
It's a pretty good series, unique and..the plot has alot of twists.
Mar 11, 2015 11:38 PM

May 2012
I think the anime is very good and I'm not joking. It has good and funny fanservices, it has hot looking, badass and likable female characters, it has great character development, it has plots twists, it has good music, it has racism and abuse theme,

WHen I watch Cross Ange I get entertained. Thats just enough for me to considered this anime to be good.

CashMoney said:
i'm wondering are the people that say its very good are Joking/Trolling kinda like with School Days Mars Of Destruction Pupa Etc... to get a couple of laughs when people watch it

Mars Of Destruction and Pupa did not make me laugh. If they did make me laugh then these would not be that bad
Mar 12, 2015 12:30 AM

May 2014
MgMaster said:
Cross Ange can be both ridiculous and genuinely good.

- On the former: unlike say, Aldnoah, it's ALWAYS self-aware & embraces it's own ridiculousness. You can tell that Sunrise had a blast while making this and if there's any doubt, watching the previews should clear them.

- On the later: it has some excellent character development for it's main character, Ange and the relevant side characters aren't ignored either - they all have a part to play, whether it's small or large.

The overall plot fall's into both categories: genuinely good & interesting with numerous twists(too many some would say) but also riddled with several inconsistencies and "wtf" moments(but again, it's constantly self-aware of them).

One can be moderately entertained by watching it as a glorious entertaining trainwreck like say, Valvrave(granted, it's not as ridiculous as VV, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your taste) or for Ange's journey. But the viewers who get the most of the show are the ones who enjoy all or most of what it has to offer and I'm glad to be one of them. That's when Cross Ange becomes one hell of a ride.

Also, this is a very unapologetic show. It'll inevitably offend quite a few people while pleasing others and not give a damn, something which I'm totally for, especially when the staff behind it knows how to entertain, and Fukuda sure as hell does. Long live controversial anime!

Aldnoah is just unremarkable. Only reason people are watching it is because Urobuchi had some tangential role with its development.

Either way, Cross Ange seems like an experiment, and it's done decently IMO (though I still think the second half doesn't stand up to the first). The only mecha series with a mostly female cast that I could think of before Cross Ange was Burst Angel, and I didn't think it was that great.
Mar 12, 2015 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
The first 13 episodes were epic. Gradually went shit after that.

Reason? Because it was different. Now I feel everything is just so horribly cliche and apologetic. I think it must be the biggest disappointment of all time for me in terms of anime.

Since it would be pretty pointless to drop it at this point, I might as well finish it.
Mar 12, 2015 12:15 PM

Nov 2013
ramenshojo said:

Reason? Because it was different. Now I feel everything is just so horribly cliche and apologetic. I think it must be the biggest disappointment of all time for me in terms of anime.

Since it would be pretty pointless to drop it at this point, I might as well finish it.

The next arc..I liked it..why?
It had alot of plot and twists.
Heck I liked this anime so much that I have given it a 10/10.
Mar 12, 2015 2:18 PM

Sep 2013
ramenshojo said:

You must have missed all the character development for Ange, Tusk, Salamandinay and the world building .
Lol atleast think when you watch something.
Mar 12, 2015 5:49 PM
Nov 2013
This is not a bad anime at all .
I didnt like where the story went, but i found it quite entertaining since the beginning.
Im not dropping it, not even after getting very ridiculous at times.
Mar 12, 2015 5:50 PM

Nov 2014
I was wondering the same
Mar 12, 2015 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is good.
The giant robots aren't a focus. They're used as tools and are really nothing more, but giant robot fans can still appreciate their existence, animation, and the action is great.

The interpersonal relationships are handled quite well. Characters all relate to each other in their own way, and are all important in their own way. They all grow pretty magnificently and the pacing's fantastic.

However. This anime has fanservice. The women don't "behave" as if they're sexualized, but they are. This means, there's no actual in-world focus on the fanservice so the viewer can enjoy it or ignore it and it wont affect the plot. This anime also does some ridiculous things unexpectedly.
Mar 13, 2015 2:07 PM

Aug 2013
This anime is pretty good. Just watch it and see it for yourself.
Mar 13, 2015 3:40 PM

Jun 2014
ichii_1 said:

You must have missed all the character development for Ange, Tusk, Salamandinay and the world building .

Shallow, cliche, boring, uninspired, there is absolutely nothing special about Cross Ange at this point. I do think, that's why I realize how shit it's become so I stick by my words.

And going for petty insults doesn't prove that you're right, it's is a sign of being desperate.
Mar 13, 2015 11:31 PM

Sep 2013
ramenshojo said:
ichii_1 said:

Shallow, cliche, boring, uninspired, there is absolutely nothing special about Cross Ange at this point. I do think, that's why I realize how shit it's become so I stick by my words.

And going for petty insults doesn't prove that you're right, it's is a sign of being desperate.

"I do think" XD lmfao XD
Please, you're just another bandwagon sheep, all the stuff you said is typical ignorant dribble someone who doesn't like the development and symbolism in a series, stick to mindless action and comedy please.
Come back with some real arguments.
Mar 14, 2015 1:08 PM
Mar 2014
Show is not even good.
Mar 14, 2015 3:15 PM
Sep 2011
I love shows filled with strong, intelligent women.
Mar 14, 2015 4:20 PM
Jul 2009
until like episode 13/14 it was actually really good
it went shit real fast tho

what a shame
Mar 15, 2015 3:49 AM
Dec 2014
Hmm. It's enjoyable for me, and I think that what counts the most. I don't like Fanservice, however in most cases I can just ignore it, so that's okay.

Also excellent voice actors. I would watch this thing for Yui Horie, Eri Kitamura, Yukana and Houku Kuwashima alone even if I disliked everything else about it.

However - concerning the relatively rare theme of "Female main protagonist in a mecha series" I think I like 'Lagrange: Flower of Rin-ne' a little bit more.
Mar 15, 2015 3:52 AM
Mar 2013
well i think its not that good but watchable in case you have nothing to do.
Mar 15, 2015 4:31 AM

May 2013
Comparing this to Aldnoah.Zero since both had the "so bad yet so good" trainwreck show, I can say that Cross Ange is enjoyable than A.Z (hate comments come to me)

I mean currently A.Z is becoming uniteresting in ever scene (expect for very important scenes) than Cross Ange. Heck, the animation was good in A.Z but the character interactions was good in Cross Ange.

But I should stop comparing these two now haha
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 15, 2015 4:34 AM

Jun 2014
ichii_1 said:

"I do think" XD lmfao XD
Please, you're just another bandwagon sheep, all the stuff you said is typical ignorant dribble someone who doesn't like the development and symbolism in a series, stick to mindless action and comedy please.
Come back with some real arguments.

I'm bandwagon sheep, ignorant, should stick to mindless action and comedy because I don't like this shit anime.

Bravo.
It's a good thing you're probably an exception in the MAL Cross Ange fanbase who is such a rabid fantroll.

john100 said:

what a shame

I actually used to like this series a lot and defended it in the early days. It is a shame. Could have gone either way.
Mar 15, 2015 6:52 AM

Nov 2013
john100 said:

what a shame

Someone was obvious;y not paying attention, the 2md half though not as good as the first half is still good..minus the plot holes.
Mar 15, 2015 7:09 AM

Jul 2008
Liking or not will depend solely on your expectation and what you want to see happen. For me I enjoyed this series a lot because I'm into yuri :P it felt like the series was reading my mind and gave me 90% of what I wanted to see :) but overall, it's a solid 7/10 score from me, it will either stay on the 7 mark or go lower in terms of overall.
Mar 15, 2015 8:03 AM
Sep 2013
If you expecting a mecha anime with female lead, Cross Ange is probably one of the best out there. Ange's character development is godly, i must say....
Also, it's full of unexpectiveness (in a goodway).
Mar 15, 2015 11:51 AM

Sep 2010
Cross Ange is the best mecha show this season compared to Aldnoah.Zero and G no Recongista. At least I understand what is going on in Cross Ange and the characters actually develop and show emotions and are not just walking talking one dimensional archetypes trying to pass off as "characters".

The only cons I can think of is inconsistent animation for the current episodes and they play "face in the crotch" card way too much to the point where its getting old.

Better than Fukuda's SEED Destiny. I loved SEED (first season only) though it was my third mecha anime watched.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 15, 2015 12:12 PM

May 2014
ramenshojo said:

I actually have to agree with that. However, if I were to average things out, I'd say the show would still be at least a 7/10, but it's still far better than most mecha anime released in the past year. My favorite would actually be Knights of Sidonia, but I think it didn't leave as much of an impression on me as the manga did.

My main issue is that after ep 13, Cross Ange's plot became too transparent. The main antagonist wasn't really that intimidating, and character interaction/dialogue became duller. Add to that the plot armor for Tusk and Momoka (might as well have not "killed" them to begin with)...well not much to say about that. I used to watch the RAWs back from eps 6-15, but now I am not as excited enough to do that.

However, I think other well regarded mecha anime have suffered from the same deal. Gurren Lagann's second half was just average as well.
DeicideVMar 15, 2015 12:34 PM
Mar 16, 2015 2:12 PM

Nov 2013
It's Code Geass's little sister. If you're a fan of CG there's no reason you wouldn't like this show.
Mar 16, 2015 2:16 PM

Aug 2013
they are joking
Mar 16, 2015 10:28 PM

Jan 2013
Taewan said:
they are joking

This person dropped No Game No Life and Maria the Virgin Witch
TitanAnteusMar 17, 2015 1:39 AM
Mar 16, 2015 10:29 PM
Apr 2014
Taewan said:
they are joking

Hopefully
Mar 16, 2015 10:30 PM

Jun 2014
They are actually joking, OP. You can trust me.
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Mar 17, 2015 7:13 AM

Jul 2014
7starkiller99 said:
They are actually joking, OP. You can trust me.
State your reason with examples, you'll only cause a shitstorm that way.[/quote]
Jul 19, 2015 9:13 PM

Jul 2014
I can honestly say this is a better version of Akame ga Kill mixed with Guilty Crown. Cross Ange totally eats both of them.
Jul 21, 2015 2:39 AM
Jul 2015
Nah, this entire show is clusterfuck crap.
Jul 25, 2015 9:20 AM

May 2014
Opardok said:
Nah, this entire show is clusterfuck crap.

While I think the show's second cour failed to deliver, you are nothing more than a disposable troll account created to throw ratings.

Stick to big three shonen kid.
Jul 29, 2015 8:45 AM

Mar 2014
I actually hope there will be a second season! What do you think? How big might be this possibility?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2015 6:40 AM

Jul 2014
schneeflueckli said:
I actually hope there will be a second season! What do you think? How big might be this possibility?

What will it be about though? From what I see, everything was wrapped up...
Jul 30, 2015 6:52 AM
Jul 2015
If there weren't lots of yuri and borderline-hentai scenes it might have been good. Also, the crap about singing to evolve the mecha...I feel embarrassed just thinking how lame is it.

Imagine: people killing each other, Dragons attacking, explosions ...and someone suddenly starts singing something like a lullaby to make his robot badass. lol
Jul 31, 2015 5:15 AM
Jul 2018
Awesome show imo. Definitely worth a watch.
Aug 5, 2015 6:16 PM

Jan 2010
It was a good watch
Aug 6, 2015 5:05 PM
Aug 2015
It's worthless. It wouldn't even be so well known if not for blatant otaku pandering with boob, girl-on-girl is hot scenes and bland male self-insert with whom teenage boys could relate to.
Aug 6, 2015 5:19 PM

Apr 2015
It's good.

Only yuri fans hate it.
#CHEXIT
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.