Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry' Receives Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 11, 2015 10:03 AM

May 2013
I hope it airs in 2015. #hyped
Mar 11, 2015 3:12 PM

Nov 2010
I think some of you should move to ANN, there you could circlejerk easier to newest LN announcements without having to waste your precious time to debate about anime which come from the genre which you will never like anyway.

However, I should note that wishing the entire industry to simply die because they produce something which is not into his likings is very egoistic and full of self-entitlement. Please stop that.

P.S About the series itself, as far as I can see it potentially could result in around average to pretty good for the genre's standard. It seems like they are trying to slightly twist the basic tropes and avoiding some of the biggest pitfalls, although mostly still rather confined to the genre's standard. At least the romance part is better than majority, eh?
Mar 11, 2015 4:12 PM

Jan 2013
Animetive said:
Yay, a non-ecchi show is coming up. Might watch this then.

well you see, about that "non-ecchi" part
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Mar 12, 2015 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
Red_Keys said:
When Ikki walked in on her while she was changing her clothes

Completely predictable from the cover art, but that's all I need. Can't wait to not watch this.
Mar 12, 2015 1:11 PM

Jan 2014
Zergneedsfood said:
iBeja said:
People shouldn't judge a book by its cover, I guess it would be right for them to argue that the anime is bad after watching at least 3 episodes..
Uhhh, this is such an overrated phrase. You can definitely judge a book by its cover.
k,makes sense
Mar 12, 2015 1:43 PM

Jan 2014
Zergneedsfood said:
loneywizard said:
k,makes sense
thanks. i'm glad you see thing my way
kappa
Mar 12, 2015 8:20 PM

Oct 2014
Zergneedsfood said:
iBeja said:
People shouldn't judge a book by its cover, I guess it would be right for them to argue that the anime is bad after watching at least 3 episodes..
Uhhh, this is such an overrated phrase. You can definitely judge a book by its cover.

Yes, Madoka ("generic Mahou Shojou for little girls and/or perverted lolicons") and Steins;Gate ("generic moe Slice of Life") are perfect examples of that...

OH WAIT!
Mar 12, 2015 10:44 PM

Apr 2011
yhunata said:
Hell, if you wanna go ecchi, give Monster Musume a shot.

This now sounds funny.

Grey-Zone said:
Zergneedsfood said:

Yes, Madoka ("generic Mahou Shojou for little girls and/or perverted lolicons") and Steins;Gate ("generic moe Slice of Life") are perfect examples of that...

OH WAIT!

But Madoka isn't that good.
Mar 13, 2015 1:43 AM

Apr 2009
Grey-Zone said:

OH WAIT!

The staff for Madoka was leaked way before the anime started and with such a lienup it still suprises me that some people DIDN'T saw it coming from a mile away. And Steins;Gate was over large parts of its run pretty meh as well and kind of predictable.

And it's not like we don't have a manga or the LN to check out already before shittalking this piece of garbage. As I said before, the fact that you can judge LN by their covers just shows how flawed many of them are.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 13, 2015 6:29 AM

Oct 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
The staff for Madoka was leaked way before the anime started and with such a lienup it still suprises me that some people DIDN'T saw it coming from a mile away. And Steins;Gate was over large parts of its run pretty meh as well and kind of predictable.

And it's not like we don't have a manga or the LN to check out already before shittalking this piece of garbage. As I said before, the fact that you can judge LN by their covers just shows how flawed many of them are.

Really? I have seen people making up stuff about Rakudai in this thread. They were so-called "smart predictions" of what happens in the source material by people who have not read it. Obviously they were 90% wrong.

As you see, assuming that all people have the same knowledge is a wrong premise. If people got fooled by ANN's badly made synopsis about Rakudai, who is to tell that people who didn't know about Urobuchi or other staff, never bothered to watch Madoka either? That was obviously a rhetorical question, as I know users who had this line of thinking, so there is no denying it.

I don't think I have to mention that your subjective opinion is no measure of quality, even if you try to present it like that. "It's generic" is not saying anything about quality. You cannot solely rely on arguments that compare a series to others, but you have to measure the series on it's own instead and the ONLY complains I have heard about Rakudai until now are nothing but comparisons and non-existent made-up things.

So, do you have any ACTUAL complains? Or can I disregard your "humble opinion" as a "generic hater comment"? Well, your signature "everyone has shit taste" seeems a good indicator for that...
Grey-ZoneMar 13, 2015 6:32 AM
Mar 13, 2015 7:01 AM

Oct 2012
What a dysfunctional head-of-institution, I smell someone that's going to be out of a job soon.
Mar 13, 2015 7:23 AM

Jan 2014
Grey-Zone said:

So, do you have any ACTUAL complains? Or can I disregard your "humble opinion" as a "generic hater comment"? Well, your signature "everyone has shit taste" seeems a good indicator for that...
that's why you should give up,he don't even give a fuck to what a filthy casual like you think...So trying to reason with him is stupid...

If there was an option to filter posts on MAL!...with filtering just 10 same whiner at least the news discussions would be so peaceful
Mar 13, 2015 7:30 AM

Jul 2014
loneywizard said:
If there was an option to filter posts on MAL!...with filtering just 10 same whiner at least the news discussions would be so peaceful

There is. It's called user script.
Mar 13, 2015 8:07 AM

Jan 2014
Okashi_sama said:
loneywizard said:

There is. It's called user script.
wtf?i asked for it for a long time,nobody said anything...Thanks,will try...
Mar 13, 2015 8:13 AM

Sep 2011
Tomino said:
What a dysfunctional head-of-institution, I smell someone that's going to be out of a job soon.
I blame no child left behind

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 13, 2015 8:22 AM

Jan 2014
nice,it works...thanks man...
Mar 13, 2015 8:29 AM

Jul 2014
loneywizard said:
nice,it works...thanks man...
Anytime bro.
Mar 13, 2015 5:46 PM

Nov 2011
I am approximately 2 minutes away from wreaking havoc on my nipples
Mar 14, 2015 3:07 PM
Feb 2014
Praying for Arms to adapt this so I can instantly avoid this.

Yeah, it looks like something I'll rate on the lower side. Pass. I honestly pity those who feel that this is 10/10 material. Hilarious. You should watch a real SOL that's consistent and doesn't contain overwhelmingly amounts of fantasy ecchi elements and not marketed towards Western teens and man-teens permanently stuck in high school. Can't wait for this show to be dubbed at least!
AqutanMar 14, 2015 3:11 PM
Mar 14, 2015 9:22 PM

Oct 2014
Shitposta said:
Praying for Arms to adapt this so I can instantly avoid this.

Yeah, it looks like something I'll rate on the lower side. Pass. I honestly pity those who feel that this is 10/10 material. Hilarious. You should watch a real SOL that's consistent and doesn't contain overwhelmingly amounts of fantasy ecchi elements and not marketed towards Western teens and man-teens permanently stuck in high school. Can't wait for this show to be dubbed at least!

Are you sure you are refering to Rakudai and not to "LN-template" here?
Mar 15, 2015 3:35 AM

May 2012
TheNaturalPerm said:
How to light novel adaptation:

Step 1: Choose any of the 100 magical highschool light novels

Step 2: Copy paste synopsis and change character names.

Step 3: Be sure to include phrases like "naked girl" in order to let the lowbrow audience know that this tragedy is being cattered to them.

Great work.
Spot on! The current anime industry is just sad.

Miyazaki was right all along!
Mar 15, 2015 10:26 AM
Dec 2014
Oh I would have been happier if Gakusen Toshi Asterisk would have gotten an adaptation.
These novels are both quite similar, but Gakusen Toshi Asterisk is better and more interesting.
Despite having a generic starting premise, what's coming next really hooks you up.

Anyway, I should be grateful for Rakudai Kishi...

I'll watch it, but I don't have too high hopes. I've read those few chapters of manga scanlated, there nothing extraordinary.

I hope at least the artwork to be good. If they screw up even with this (like others did with Absolute Duo) then... fuck them and their families
Mar 16, 2015 8:27 PM
Feb 2013
orario said:
Oh I would have been happier if Gakusen Toshi Asterisk would have gotten an adaptation.
These novels are both quite similar, but Gakusen Toshi Asterisk is better and more interesting.
Despite having a generic starting premise, what's coming next really hooks you up.

Anyway, I should be grateful for Rakudai Kishi...

I'll watch it, but I don't have too high hopes. I've read those few chapters of manga scanlated, there nothing extraordinary.

I hope at least the artwork to be good. If they screw up even with this (like others did with Absolute Duo) then... fuck them and their families

I started reading Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and I am just about finished with volume 2. While I think that it is a decent LN, it's about on the level of Blade Dance of the Elementalists, maybe a little higher.

Rakudai Kishi, on the other hand, I found to be very refreshing since it isn't another god damn harem anime.
Mar 17, 2015 9:09 AM
Apr 2013
Okay to start off, I'm really happy that Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan is gonna get an anime adaptation. First of all, after reading a few chapters of the manga, it immediately starts breaking the norms of 'generic harem manga/anime', in a much faster rate than Blade Dance.

Speaking of Blade Dance, I really want a season 2 for this, since the real story starts in volume 4, which the anime only adapted to volume 3. And it get better since Claire starts to mellow down, slowly, but surely, as each volume passes, for those of you out there who hate her(and pretty much her tsun: dere ratio slowly becomes similar to Stella in the next paragraph.) Oh, and the more you know about her past, the less you can hate her, especially once you see just how sweet young Claire is.(never hated Claire though. Since I know that these kinds of tsunderes have dark and troubled pasts.) Kamito on the other hand, opens up a little bit at a time, and is actually becomes more impressive as the novels go on.

Going back to Rakudai, Stella is not your typical tsundere. unlike the usual 70%tsun: 30%dere ratio, Stella's ratio is the other way around, 30%tsun: 70%dere, and oh, even Ikki's not the typical 'dense and spineless protagonist.' He still is a bit dense, but isn't spineless to not speak out his feelings. Just try reading the manga or the LN, especially chapter 10 in the manga or the epilogue for volume 1. I still can't speak much for Rakudai since the novel isn't fully translated, unlike Blade Dance.
Mar 20, 2015 3:54 PM
Mar 2015
I really hope it will be animated and please dont judge an ln by its anime adaptation.
Read at least till vol 5 i reallt hate people who just judge an ln just from the anime and people who judge an abime by its synopsis or first episode
Seirei tsukai blade dance is a good exemple it gets better after but people just think it will be the same things all over again well fuck them
The concept of ony male got femakes power, male sucks but have a secret power and things like that can be the same but the it doesnt necessarly mean tht tje story is the same
Oh and those who think that because somethong is harem anime or got a tsundere or have a similar synopsis that anpther anime its gonna be the same shit
Then tell me what do you even know about the story you only care about the bad sides of the anime and not on the goods sides
lordekomyMar 20, 2015 4:07 PM
Mar 31, 2015 6:56 PM
Jan 2013
I can't wait to see the result of this adaptation. I really enjoy reading the LN, it has something unique and it's probably my favorite series.
Mar 31, 2015 7:34 PM

Sep 2013
enginesofdemise said:
"It's not a harem guys, really! The main character gets the girl really early in like in SAO, and that wasn't a...wait.."IS different after all.

Might as well address this :(
Yes, he does get the girl early, the whole series is about his relationship with the redhead, and the other girls are to test his relationship with her, they accepted he's taken (except for one) and they just tease him .
GG, next time don't talk out of your ass.

PS. prove sao is a harem.
Mar 31, 2015 7:52 PM

Mar 2013
Read the frist 2 volumes end of last year and frankly it was a really sub par novel.

Mar 31, 2015 9:42 PM
Mar 2015
Mar 31, 2015 10:04 PM

Jan 2011
Dont even care about this just liked seeing Nozaki-kun and barakamon on the same page, season 2 when??
Apr 2, 2015 7:35 PM
Apr 2015
I just read all the translated volumes, it's really good. It's not a harem, has good fight scenes, great character development, and has plot that I'm interested in. Idk if the anime will be good only because I think they'll turn into a huge echo harem but we will see
2015 and still shipping these two till the last.
kallen x lelouch!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
8 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.