Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry' Receives Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 10, 2015 8:37 AM

Nov 2014
sushiisawesome said:
ChairForceOne said:
This anime has fans.

Most of the people who posted here were calling it unoriginal and taunting it, the fans are very, very much in the minority.
Look, even if you're going by popularity, most people who posted here said the same thing about it.

mostly this...only a few really like this one, i'm one of them, but i dropped asterisk at only volume 2, because that was lame, and i read that first...

i just hope it have a decent adaptation even for only 12 episodes, the story telling is kinda fast paced in the LN so dragging for a 24 one kinda so so
Mar 10, 2015 8:37 AM

Dec 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Can't we like... lock this thread already or something? It's like a neverending downwards spiral of complaining and hating atm -_-

Ban LN announcement threads :o

Some people feel the need to repeat their hate garbage everytime.
Mar 10, 2015 8:38 AM

Jan 2015
tsudecimo said:
HaXXspetten said:
Can't we like... lock this thread already or something? It's like a neverending downwards spiral of complaining and hating atm -_-

Do they think raging here and bothering the Mal community will somehow reach the powers that be in Japan?
Mar 10, 2015 8:40 AM

Nov 2014
ChairForceOne said:
tsudecimo said:

Do they think raging here and bothering the Mal community will somehow reach the powers that be in Japan?

basically this...
Mar 10, 2015 8:42 AM

Apr 2012
ChairForceOne said:
sushiisawesome said:

Most of the people who posted here were calling it unoriginal and taunting it, the fans are very, very much in the minority.
Look, even if you're going by popularity, most people who posted here said the same thing about it.

This isn't justification to stay and be hipster assholes about it. Just post your opinion and let people take it for what it is, instead of staying and repetitively saying it.

You're contradicting yourself, first you're complaining that it has fans, and now that there are literally no fans on MAL defending it, you're calling us hipsters.
For disliking something that most people on this thread dislike, and despite the fact that I'm familiar with it and therefore am entitled to making fun of it/ criticizing it.

And I am entitled to restating my opinion, since you're going around attacking anyone criticizing this (in my humble opinion) joke of a series.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 10, 2015 8:42 AM

Dec 2012
ChairForceOne said:
tsudecimo said:

Ikr. It's mind boggling tbh.

The fans here are not affected (there are not many LN fans here to begin with), the fans in Japan don't even know about their existence, let alone the producers, and people in the industry.

It's literally just being toxic for the sake of being toxic. The internet, I suppose.
Mar 10, 2015 8:44 AM

Jan 2015
sushiisawesome said:
ChairForceOne said:

This isn't justification to stay and be hipster assholes about it. Just post your opinion and let people take it for what it is, instead of staying and repetitively saying it.

You're contradicting yourself, first you're complaining that it has fans, and now that there are literally no fans on MAL defending it, you're calling us hipsters.
For disliking something that most people on this thread dislike, and despite the fact that I'm familiar with it and therefore am entitled to making fun of it/ criticizing it.

And I am entitled to restating my opinion, since you're going around attacking anyone criticizing this (in my humble opinion) joke of a series.

Maybe there are fans, and they are so afraid of being shamed by people like you that they remain silenced? Also you aren't entitled to derail this thread. I guess nobody will stop you, but that doesn't make it right.

It gets even funnier when you realize the majority of this thread is the same 4-5 people defending their right to spam the thread and arguing that they aren't elitists, which further derails the thread.
Mar 10, 2015 8:46 AM

Dec 2011
Nidhoeggr said:

PS: This anime has no fans

By the same logic this anime has noone who dislikes it. Lots of people seem to think they do though.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 10, 2015 8:46 AM

Jul 2013
I'll just enjoy the adaptation and hoping for a decent studio to handle it decently at least.

Mar 10, 2015 8:47 AM

Apr 2012
ChairForceOne said:
sushiisawesome said:

Maybe there are fans, and they are so afraid of being shamed by people like you that they remain silenced? Also you aren't entitled to derail this thread. I guess nobody will stop you, but that doesn't make it right.

I am discussing the series in question, so I fail to see how I'm derailing this thread.
Also, being shamed? Are you being serious?
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 10, 2015 8:48 AM

Jan 2015
"This anime is terrible and has no fans. You cannot silence me and the MAL Uber Elitist club nation.

- Nidhogger - Redditor, P.H.D. In Anime Studies, Moderator of r/Elitism"
Mar 10, 2015 8:48 AM

Apr 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Nidhoeggr said:

PS: This anime has no fans

By the same logic this anime has noone who dislikes it. Lots of people seem to think they do though.

I'm familiar with the source material and its manga adaptation.
I don't dislike it, I just think it's a joke.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 10, 2015 8:49 AM

Jan 2015
sushiisawesome said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

How many times are you going to say this?
Mar 10, 2015 8:49 AM

Jan 2014
ChairForceOne said:
It gets even funnier when you realize the majority of this thread is the same 4-5 people defending their right to spam the thread and arguing that they aren't elitists, which further derails the thread.
dont forget that all most of them know about the series is the synopsis...It gets funnier when tou think it that way....
Mar 10, 2015 8:51 AM

Dec 2011
sushiisawesome said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

That's irrelevant. It is the light novel and the manga that you think is a joke, not the anime.

If Nidhoeggr can use that argument against those praising the ln/manga then I can use it against those who are criticising it.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 10, 2015 8:52 AM

Apr 2012
yhunata said:

Again, anime is a niche market. It doesn't have the ability to take huge risks as it is barely surviving even now. The Japanese market is gone for, so they only have one option left; the global market. The problem is they have no idea how to properly market anime to the global market.

It has become a niche market. There are people that dont give a rats ass about anime but jump in euphoria at hearing the names My neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away.
Animation is not a niche medium. Anime has become a niche medium, but at its core anime is just animation. And it could be literally anything. At the moment it is a chockfull of imoutos, tsunderes and other crap, but it neednt be like this. It could easily have mainstream popularity, maybe not as much as movies or video games, but certainly much higher popularity than it has now.

But that is not something you just wait for it to happen, you have as a producer in the industry make it happen yourself. Sure you have to take risks, do investments, hell probably even loose money. But at the end it could pay off, big time. Such is the nature of investments. High risk, high gain. And I would rather see it die trying then deteriorate into more and more mediocrity and self-pandering to a limited core audience.
Mar 10, 2015 8:55 AM

Apr 2009
loneywizard said:
dont forget that all most of them know about the series is the synopsis...It gets funnier when tou think it that way....

Yeah, the lecture of the first few manga chapters as well as meta's excellent synopsis of the literary height of this masterpiece I posted earlier may not be enough. Maybe I should read everything this franchise ever produced to make sure I might not miss all of the Shakespearean turns it will undoubtly provide us with later.

I also love how the ad hominem starts pretty much out of nowhere.
Oh well, this is going in circles and doesn't get anywhere. I am out, maybe I will read further into this epic now.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 10, 2015 8:55 AM

Apr 2012
ChairForceOne said:

As many times as you're going to defend this.

kuuderes_shadow said:

That's irrelevant. It is the light novel and the manga that you think is a joke, not the anime.

If Nidhoeggr can use that argument against those praising the ln/manga then I can use it against those who are criticising it.

Sure, how many times have there been adaptation of material with this quality (or lack thereof) which changed aspects of the source material and turned into something solid, much less amazing?

At least I'm using solid evidence from the source material, what's yours for saying this'll be something watchable?
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 10, 2015 8:56 AM

Jan 2015
sushiisawesome said:
ChairForceOne said:

As many times as you're going to defend this.

kuuderes_shadow said:

Sure, how many times have there been adaptation of material with this quality (or lack thereof) which changed aspects of the source material and turned into something solid, much less amazing?

At least I'm using solid evidence from the source material, what's yours for saying this'll be something watchable?

I'm not defending the show. I'm asking you to stop making this thread about you.
Mar 10, 2015 8:57 AM

Apr 2011
baki502 said:
yhunata said:

Again, anime is a niche market. It doesn't have the ability to take huge risks as it is barely surviving even now. The Japanese market is gone for, so they only have one option left; the global market. The problem is they have no idea how to properly market anime to the global market.

It has become a niche market. There are people that dont give a rats ass about anime but jump in euphoria at hearing the names My neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away.
Animation is not a niche medium. Anime has become a niche medium, but at its core anime is just animation. And it could be literally anything. At the moment it is a chockfull of imoutos, tsunderes and other crap, but it neednt be like this. It could easily have mainstream popularity, maybe not as much as movies or video games, but certainly much higher popularity than it has now.

But that is not something you just wait for it to happen, you have as a producer in the industry make it happen yourself. Sure you have to take risks, do investments, hell probably even loose money. But at the end it could pay off, big time. Such is the nature of investments. High risk, high gain. And I would rather see it die trying then deteriorate into more and more mediocrity and self-pandering to a limited core audience.

Do you realise what the risk is? The risk is "extinction". That is not worth it, especially considering how low the rewards are, i.e. barely enough to survive. I still don't think you understand how a business works. They literally have no choice, because the rewards are not worth the risk. If they can tap into the global market, it might be worth it..... but their attempts at it keep failing.
Mar 10, 2015 8:58 AM

Jan 2015
Nidhoeggr said:
loneywizard said:

Yeah, the lecture of the first few manga chapters as well as meta's excellent synopsis of the literary height of this masterpiece I posted earlier may not be enough. Maybe I should read everything this franchise ever produced to make sure I might not miss all of the Shakespearean turns it will undoubtly provide us with later.

Oh well, this is going in circles and doesn't get anywhere. I am out, maybe I will read further into this epic now.

You read this manga just so you could come here and insult the anime? That's hardcore devotion. You've proven that you hate generic stuff so much that you can't help but indulge in it.

BTW this kind of sarcastic shitposting is why nobody wants to use this forum.
Mar 10, 2015 8:58 AM

Apr 2012
ChairForceOne said:

I'm not defending the show. I'm asking you to stop making this thread about you.

lol, wut?
I'm out, there is too much wisdom and intelligence in this one sentence for me to comprehend.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 10, 2015 9:00 AM

Dec 2012
sushiisawesome said:

I'm out..

Good Riddance.

Jan 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
loneywizard said:

OR,OR,you know,what about stop talking about it if you have no interest?Seriously i will never understand :
[spoiler]

Jan 2015
tsudecimo said:
sushiisawesome said:

I'm out..

Good Riddance.

They all got the last word at the same time. Very mature conduct from those with such refined taste in cartoons.
Mar 10, 2015 9:01 AM

Nov 2014
are we even discussing the anime?
Mar 10, 2015 9:03 AM

Apr 2009
ChairForceOne said:

You read this manga just so you could come here and insult the anime?

Well, how could I judge it otherwise. I am giving it a chance. So either I disregard it and am completely biased or I give it a chance and am completely biased. It seems only praise can stop me from being biased.

Sadly, this isn't exactly groundbreaking. But who knows, maybe it will really get better soon. When do the amazing developments start? I want to know how far I have to read to make an accurate judgement.

Anyway, time to read more of this.
Steel Ball Run anime when?

May 2013
You all know Mahouka right?
Imagine if it was twice as nationalistic, 10 times as badly written, and with a protagonist that could defeat Tatsuya with a snap of his fingers.
That's A Chivalry of the Failed Knight in a nutshell, and it's glorious.
It's got oily tits, backrubs and a wish-fulfillment MC. What's there not to like?

Jan 2015
Nidhoeggr said:
ChairForceOne said:

You read this manga just so you could come here and insult the anime?

Well, how could I judge it otherwise. I am giving it a chance. So either I disregard it and am completely biased or I give it a chance and am completely biased. It seems only praise can stop me from being biased.

I thought you were leaving? Had to get the last word I see.
Mar 10, 2015 9:08 AM

Apr 2012
yhunata said:
baki502 said:
And I would rather see it die trying then deteriorate into more and more mediocrity and self-pandering to a limited core audience.

Do you realise what the risk is? The risk is "extinction". That is not worth it, especially considering how low the rewards are, i.e. barely enough to survive. I still don't think you understand how a business works. They literally have no choice, because the rewards are not worth the risk. If they can tap into the global market, it might be worth it..... but their attempts at it keep failing.

Well then, good riddance.

No but seriously, I understand it from a purely business standpoint. But seriously if money is all they care for, why bother making anime? Get into the clothes industry, higher some children somewhere in Africa to work on extremely low wages in inhumane working conditions and sell said clothes for a premium as brand clothing.

But I wish to believe that directors and producers still have a shred of passion in them, that they want to make works they can be truly proud of and for as many people as possible to enjoy.
And hell it doesnt even have to change what kind of anime they produce at first. They need to fix the horrible distribution, localization and screening issues that I mentioned in my very first post. After that they can start making anime to appeal to wide audience, cause its not going to help much making anime like that if the consumer has to break a leg and give away his heritance in order to be able to aquire it. Some may be willing to go to such lengths to get their Anime, but me and most average consumer wont.
Mar 10, 2015 9:08 AM

Nov 2014
Casval_onii-san said:
Imagine if it was twice as nationalistic, 10 times as badly written, and with a protagonist that could defeat Tatsuya with a snap of his fingers.
It's got oily tits, backrubs and a wish-fulfillment MC. What's there not to like?

really? have you EVEN READ THE NOVEL? his ability is a one minute thing only and once per day...and the loophole was even exploited as early as volume 3

i'm too sleepy to argue, well that's it for me, i'll not commenting anymore, i'll just read the further comments..
Mar 10, 2015 9:11 AM

Jan 2015
baki502 said:
yhunata said:

Well then, good riddance.

No but seriously, I understand it from a purely business standpoint. But seriously if money is all they care for, why bother making anime? Get into the clothes industry, higher some children somewhere in Africa to work on extremely low wages in inhumane working conditions and sell said clothes for a premium as brand clothing.

But I wish to believe that directors and producers still have a shred of passion in them, that they want to make works they can be truly proud of and for as many people as possible to enjoy.
And hell it doesnt even have to change what kind of anime they produce at first. They need to fix the horrible distribution, localization and screening issues that I mentioned in my very first post. After that they can start making anime to appeal to wide audience, cause its not going to help much making anime like that if the consumer has to break a leg and give away his heritance in order to be able to aquire it. Some may be willing to go to such lengths to get their Anime, but me and most average consumer wont.

Are you just pretending only light novel anime are made? If they didnt make this anime, would that somehow make more good manga exist to be animated? It doesnt hurt anyone for fans of this series to enjoy their manga/novel as an anime.

It only bothers you because you have an immature desire to control others' opinions.
Mar 10, 2015 9:14 AM

Jun 2011
Woot! my fav. LN is getting an anime! (never actually heard of it)
KillaclownMar 10, 2015 9:18 AM
Mar 10, 2015 9:14 AM

Aug 2013
baki502 said:
stuff

Well that's the harsh thing about a small market. It's hard to vote with your wallet when the pricing is so high and you only have so much money, and at the same time the prices need to be so high and you need to sell your merchandise as it is hard to pay your bills. Unless you're a really dedicated fan, and stuff just gets even harder. It's easy to say businesses should do this or that, but then again there is just so much that many would want, but it's not viable currently. There's probably many that want to do more but it would be risky when one's source of living is on the line.
Mar 10, 2015 9:15 AM

Oct 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
Grey-Zone said:
Snip

It's still the same situation in its most basic procedure, just slightly varied. As I said before, changing a few small details does not mean it is overall anything more than generic.

It's not "slightly varied". It's brought up intentionally for the sake of deconstruction. That is not the only thing. The series is "faking" multiple tropes, making it seem that they come true, but then giving the reader the pleasant surprise that it's just a red herring. There is also one scene early on that makes Rakudai seem to be a harem series, but then suddenly turns around and confirms that it's not. Such "trope baits" are one of the things that make this series so insteresting: While many other LNs are suffering from prejudice due to tropes, the author of this series made the smart move of using those tropes to pleasantly surprise the readers who DO try to read it.

Of course noticing that requires 2 things:

1. Reading the source material
2. Having, at the very least, basic reading comprehension

Nidhoeggr said:
And this might be an ad hominem, but are you really sure you can accurately judge what is cliched or not with a mere 30 anime coimpleted?

So there are not enough adaptions to reference to prove that it's not cliché/generic? You just hurt your own argument with that, because it basically also means that there are not enough adaptions to reference to prove that it IS cliché/generic.

If you use the word cliché or generic, then don't ask me to disprove it. The burden of proof is on you, as you make the claim.

If you don't prove it it amount to nothing more than buzzwords.

My favorite buzzword is still "Dues Ex Machina". Such an intelligent sounding word... what a shame that most people who use it cannot even spell it correctly.
Mar 10, 2015 9:21 AM

May 2013
Grey-Zone said:

It's not "slightly varied". It's brought up intentionally for the sake of deconstruction.

I stopped reading here. The buzziest of buzzy buzzwords. Deconstruction is a technique used to criticise/analyze texts. Nothing more. It has nothing to do with the text itself.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/deconstruction
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deconstruction
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deconstruction
Mar 10, 2015 9:23 AM

Jan 2015
Sometimes I wonder if people just dont realize that for every Game of Thrones there are 50 Two and a Half Men's.
Mar 10, 2015 9:30 AM

Apr 2012
ichii_1 said:

These sorts of manga/novels always have a slow and cliche starts to warm people into the story, how about waiting till the 3rd or 4th volume for real developments.

So basically its garbage for 2 volumes, and the anime adaptation is likely going to be 1 cour, probably only animating the shit parts.

On the bad side the anime is shit, on the good side you still get to defend it by saying :"I swear it gets good, right after the anime ends"

No but seriously, slow starts are completely fine, bad starts are not. Getting good sometime later on is no excuse at all, and does not make the product as a whole good. A good anime/manga/LN is good from start to finish. Masterpieces are brilliant from start to finish. Just having 2 bad volumes out of currently 4(?) is not good at all and makes for a in total bad product.
Mar 10, 2015 9:33 AM

Jan 2015
baki502 said:
ichii_1 said:

These sorts of manga/novels always have a slow and cliche starts to warm people into the story, how about waiting till the 3rd or 4th volume for real developments.

So basically its garbage for 2 volumes, and the anime adaptation is likely going to be 1 cour, probably only animating the shit parts.

On the bad side the anime is shit, on the good side you still get to defend it by saying :"I swear it gets good, right after the anime ends"

No but seriously, slow starts are completely fine, bad starts are not. Getting good sometime later on is no excuse at all, and does not make the product as a whole good. A good anime/manga/LN is good from start to finish. Masterpieces are brilliant from start to finish. Just having 2 bad volumes out of currently 4(?) is not good at all and makes for a in total bad product.

You read the novels?
Mar 10, 2015 9:55 AM

Oct 2014
Casval_onii-san said:
Grey-Zone said:

It's not "slightly varied". It's brought up intentionally for the sake of deconstruction.

I stopped reading here. The buzziest of buzzy buzzwords. Deconstruction is a technique used to criticise/analyze texts. Nothing more. It has nothing to do with the text itself.

EDIT: Actually never mind that. What I am refering to is actually a "Genre Deconstruction" and/or "Trope Deconstruction", as it is refered to in TV tropes.
Grey-ZoneMar 10, 2015 10:30 AM
Mar 10, 2015 10:02 AM

May 2013
Grey-Zone said:
Casval_onii-san said:

Unless I misread something, this should quite fit what I wanted to express:

a technique of literary analysis that regards meaning as resulting from the differences between words rather than their reference to the things they stand for. Different meanings are discovered by taking apart the structure of the language used and exposing the assumption that words have a fixed reference point beyond themselves

I am not a literacy expert, so I may have gotten one or two technical words wrong, but it seems to be the meaning I am referencing here.

This is not what you're referring to at all. Deconstruction is a way people can analyse the text, it's not used by the text to comment on tropes and cliches. Read up on Derrida if you want to understand more of what deconstruction is. He's one pretentious fuck though so you won't be getting much out of it.
Mar 10, 2015 10:09 AM

Oct 2014
You are right. I am not using the "original" meaning of the word, thank you for pointing it out. As you can see buzzwords are so prevelant, that I who critisizes it myself, have fallen into this pitfall as well.

Still some people cling to their own definition of words for 10 pages without even trying to understand it. The discussions in the A.Z subforum about the definition of "retcon" was so damn painful...
Mar 10, 2015 10:20 AM

Sep 2011
Casval_onii-san said:
But will the mc be as entertaining to make fun of as jesus christ tatsuya onii-sama or is he just a gary stu who will fade away the second we see him

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 10, 2015 10:21 AM

Jan 2015
NotJizzyHitler said:
Casval_onii-san said:
But will the mc be as entertaining to make fun of as jesus christ tatsuya onii-sama or is he just a gary stu who will fade away the second we see him

Depends on if Matsuoka voices him.
Mar 10, 2015 10:26 AM

Aug 2013
Absolute Duo the spinoff?? I'll still watch it. It might be okay.

mayukachan said:
Looks average. Will wait for more info.

Placing bets that MC is voiced by Matsuoka.

Of course! This show sounds so much like Absolute Duo, so he will definitely voice the MC!!
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Mar 10, 2015 10:28 AM

May 2013
Grey-Zone said:
You are right. I am not using the "original" meaning of the word, thank you for pointing it out. As you can see buzzwords are so prevelant, that I who critisizes it myself, have fallen into this pitfall as well.

Still some people cling to their own definition of words for 10 pages without even trying to understand it. The discussions in the A.Z subforum about the definition of "retcon" was so damn painful...

Yeah, it's easy to fall into it, especially in the anime community which usually has no idea what the terms they're talking about even mean.
Mar 10, 2015 10:37 AM

Jan 2014
Why all the hate?
Mar 10, 2015 10:42 AM

Apr 2011
iBeja said:
Why all the hate?

The supposed lack of originality.
Mar 10, 2015 10:46 AM

Mar 2012
iBeja said:
Why all the hate?

Because Light Novels were Ads while Elitist where Ad Blockers.

Billions of people install Ad blocker in their browser so that`s why Elitist where everywhere to block all the annoying Light Novels (Ads)
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 10, 2015 10:50 AM

Oct 2014
Casval_onii-san said:
Imagine if it was twice as nationalistic

The only "nationalistic" thing is Japan winning WW2. However you should keep in mind that blazers existed BEFORE THAT, so history up to that point may have diverged long before that.

Though I may be unware of some things, as I have only read partway into vol. 2

Casval_onii-san said:
, 10 times as badly written, and with a protagonist that could defeat Tatsuya with a snap of his fingers.

Can't say much about the writing in comparison to Mahouka, since I didn't read its LN, but I am pretty sure Ikki has no abilities to beat someone who got auto-revive and instant dematerialisation magic. Also the "side effect" of Ikki's main ability is very inconvenient in any long-term battle and battles involving multiple fighters at once.

Casval_onii-san said:
It's got oily tits, backrubs

While that it's true, I, as far as I have read, did not discover any situations were it was used as plain fanservice. In all situations, where (partial) nudity ("Ecchi") was involved, it always also affected the relationship development, character development or character establishment. Most other LNs fail at that and throw in "Ecchi situations" that could have been skipped without affecting the narrative at all. Not so in Rakudai, imo.

Casval_onii-san said:
and a wish-fulfillment MC.

"Wish fulfillment MC" always is a delicate matter. The thing is though, if "wish fulfillment" means to you that you want the "good" the MC experiences, but not the "bad", then you could be able to apply "wish fulfillment" to ANY MC who is not a buttmonkey in any series. It has no real meaning with that definition.

If you mean the whole package, then I must strongly disagree. I would not consider it "wish fulfillment" to be discriminated by not only family but also the school I am going to and I also would not want such an unrealiable power as Ikki, who would be at complete mercy of whoever is around, after using his special ability.
Grey-ZoneMar 10, 2015 10:55 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 53 minutes ago

4 by imjayhime »»
20 minutes ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
3 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
5 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
9 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
Today, 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.