Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2015 6:34 AM

Feb 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
FORGET LILLIAN. FORGET ELENA. THE ULTIMATE FUCKING MARYSUE OF THIS SHOW IS DEFINETLY MOMONA. GUESS WHO'S SECOND PLACE? FUCKING RUBY

the whole ep has miura being this lameass third-rate villain, with cayenne probably knocking some sense into him later. God I hope Lillian comes back, she's my favorite character. She may be stereotypical but at least she's deep and isn't OP as MOMONA.

They are SO PULLING THE FINAL ATTACK CARD with Mormons ending it with a Big Bang.
Ugh, another stereotypical ending, just like jewelpet tinkle.

I was hoping that it would have some sort of twist, guess not. Momona not wanting to hurt the beast and try reasoning with it is CLEARLY FORESHADOWING. The ending would have Momona not resort to violence and save everyone with her magical girl powers of goodness. You Madoka rip-off except that madoka was way more developed than you.

Her being scared is just a cheap trick to get viewers to believe that she's human and get sympathy. SHE WASN'T EVEN SCOLDED, JNSTEAD PEOPLE TRIED TO COMFORT HER. YPFUCKING HELL SHE COULD HAVE GOTTEN EVERYONE KILLED THAT MARYSUE.

I'm sry I'm so angry I expected a lot more from this show. 3/10
Mar 7, 2015 6:38 AM

Feb 2014
I was hoping for a realistic themed ending, in which you have to sacrifice something for another. Life is shit sometimes, but it doesn't mean you can't be happy.

That was the ending I was hoping for, maturing and learning the good but still holding on to that endless imagination. Looks like I was wrong.
Mar 8, 2015 8:50 AM
Feb 2012
Here's the thing.

You're saying that you want realism, cruel twists and subversive content out of a kids' show. You even go on to compare it unfavorably to Madoka, a show that kids should most definitely NOT be watching, not until they're well into their teenage years.

You are watching a show for very young kids, people who don't quite have a strong grasp on morality or the ways of the world yet, therefore, the shows that they watch must be simple and straightforward.

You are crazy for wanting complexity and realism out of Jewelpet, or even, any kids' show. And then slamming it for not being up to the standards of an adult show like Madoka.
Mar 8, 2015 7:30 PM
Oct 2014
One: The series is not over. They just have as least 3 Episodes to go

Two: This is an Anime for Little Girls. Thinking this is a straight up series that can be dead serious with no nonsensical plot and comparing it to Madoka Magica is stupid.

And Three: Sanrio's demographic is kids and females. PERIOD.
Mar 9, 2015 4:41 PM

Jan 2013
....so all I gather from those 2 posts are "ARGH WHY ARE YOU NOT AS DEEP AS MADOKA!?"

This is a show for little kids before the otaku crowd. While it has been fairly serious, we are talking about the same series with little jewel animals with their little jewel phones/pads. Seriousness flew out the window at the plot summary.

While yes, a kid show can be mature and serious, you're complaining that Momona is trying to empathetic and see if she can find a solution that means less violence. ...call me crazy, but isn't that technically 'mature' for the target audience?
Mar 12, 2015 3:15 AM

Feb 2014
Orion_Eden said:
Here's the thing.

You're saying that you want realism, cruel twists and subversive content out of a kids' show. You even go on to compare it unfavorably to Madoka, a show that kids should most definitely NOT be watching, not until they're well into their teenage years.

You are watching a show for very young kids, people who don't quite have a strong grasp on morality or the ways of the world yet, therefore, the shows that they watch must be simple and straightforward.

You are crazy for wanting complexity and realism out of Jewelpet, or even, any kids' show. And then slamming it for not being up to the standards of an adult show like Madoka.

i have never said i was hoping for something as crazy as madoka.

if you haven't been keeping up, zexcs within interviews stated that lady jewelpet would be something entirely fresh and "new".

The lady thing is amazing, and as a kid's show it's pretty cool. However, this is the thing.

They are hinting mature themes, they put violence without blood and have characters literally punchin each other like second-rate romance dramas. They are trying to make this too romantic and too stereotypical.

The character designs are just reused, and they just had to put in the magical girl card. I am of course expecting something new since they had promised something entirely new, but since they had put in the magical girl card at the last minute i will rant.

Even momona being lady because she was proper and full of goody niceness was pretty decent, even though it wasn't original. They just wasted character development and a whole good story of developing an ordinary girl to someone respectable and kind.

so because they had use magical girls as a theme, i am expecting something not sterotypical and original because why not
Mar 12, 2015 11:55 AM
Feb 2012
naekiyo said:
if you haven't been keeping up, zexcs within interviews stated that lady jewelpet would be something entirely fresh and "new".

When publicity says something like that, 9 out of 10 times it means nothing. It's just a promotional maneuver.

I guess it is fresh when compared to the past 3 seasons.
Mar 14, 2015 3:42 AM

Sep 2014
Eh, I was hoping the beast would possess Momona, after all the brightest light casts the darkest shadow, but Momona shines too brightly for the beast, lol.

I love Momona though, and her idea of trying to understand the beasts instead of locking them up is not such a bad idea, and so far the other ladies who have shot the jewel arrow weren't successful in eliminating the beasts.

I was hoping for a new OP/ED for the final cour.. but.. *sigh*
I guess those special eye catches from the fashion competition Sanrio held will do.
Ruby-MomonaMar 14, 2015 3:47 AM
Apr 7, 2015 1:29 PM
Jul 2013
Ok.... I didn't really expect this kind of anime at the beginning... Now Miura is like being the third rate villain and is like this world should just disappear since Lilian is not in these world anymore. And at the beggining of the episode Romeo was like Elena this Elena that... I think just less than half year he was in love with momona and now with elena...?

Well I just hope it does now go really up side down because it will annoy me.... Like I'm the past when everyone had to choose either momona or Elena to use the arrow and she was certain and confident and she wanted to shoot it. Then in this episode she was like "I can't do these" I just wonder where the confident wen and it annoys me a little. I hope in the ending will be better....
Apr 13, 2015 12:21 AM

Jan 2014
LOL. I liked this. I like how there's a pure, immature character like Momona who sees the world just like pure innocent kids see it. Her decision to talk to the beast first was what I would expect her to do. But I don't know why it didn't work when she tried to shoot that arrow again, after she found out that beast's true nature. Probably like someone said in one of the previous episode discussion threads, they want to leave that for the finale XĐ

I don't think Miura will turn into some kind of a villain, I think that will be terminated before he manages to do anything, considering the amount of episodes left too. Okay, they will resurrect Lillian, that's for sure, but I really really hope Lady Rector will stay dead. :D
Feb 24, 2019 10:11 AM

Jul 2015
Momona is literally too pure and that's a problem, the door of chaos opened, Miura lost it and a bad ending is waiting for everyone if something doesn't happen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Apr 15, 2014

5 by poopybuttcrack »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:18 AM

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 52 Discussion

naekiyo - Mar 28, 2015

11 by cowzarto »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 1 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Apr 6, 2014

17 by walkdallama »»
May 24, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 29 Discussion

duo2nd - Oct 19, 2014

8 by Ameeraa »»
Apr 14, 2020 10:52 PM

Poll: » Lady Jewelpet Episode 39 Discussion

duo2nd - Jan 5, 2015

7 by animedark »»
Mar 3, 2019 5:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.