Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 7, 2015 11:14 AM

Aug 2008
Darklight0303 said:
Dape said:

Says who though? Unless something else has been said officially, I feel it's completely fine to consider the other spin-offs part of the canon.

Given the ludicrous liberties that Ice trail has taken at least it's rather obvious. Zero is the story of Mavis and the founding of Fairy Tail. Again WRITTEN and DRAWN by Mashima himself. That one is without a doubt canon. Ice Trail is nothing more than authorized fanservice.

Keyword being authorized. Official. Ice Trail is the official backstory of Gray, and if that doesn't make it canon, iunno what does.
Mar 7, 2015 11:44 AM

Jul 2007
Primeval said:
Pretty good episode for a filler. I actually didn't have to skip through some scenes like I normally have to for the past billion filler episodes.

Oh yea. THIS IS A FILLER. I read the manga, I'm fully caught up with it and it's not part of it.

Not everything is in manga.

This is an adaptation of second fairy tail novel "Every Day after GMG".

Darklight0303 said:
Dape said:

Says who though? Unless something else has been said officially, I feel it's completely fine to consider the other spin-offs part of the canon.

Given the ludicrous liberties that Ice trail has taken at least it's rather obvious. Zero is the story of Mavis and the founding of Fairy Tail. Again WRITTEN and DRAWN by Mashima himself. That one is without a doubt canon. Ice Trail is nothing more than authorized fanservice.

Actually no. All three are canon.
Mar 7, 2015 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Oh finally the island from the scenes from the opening!! I was waiting for it to appear. Preview looks awesome tbh.
Mar 7, 2015 4:19 PM

Jul 2012
I hope this filler arc is short. God, please make it short >_<

While I also yearn for the return of the events from manga, some stuff in this episode has actually interested me, because I think it will be connected with the stuff happening later in the manga:

http://i.imgur.com/yL58uQk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/u9IOYrw.jpg

Mashima likes retconning some stuff in the manga with those fillers and that's what I think may be going to happen here, with the creature introduced in this episode being akin to that another one, which we'll see in the future, making it a little more understandable, hopefully.

About the episode, I was surprised to hear all the past VA appear in this episode, I thought it'd be hard to do that but seemingly it is not. Shame that those moments were super short. I especially loved when they went to Mermaid Heel^^
Seeing Natsu deeply care about the creature and welcome it "to the family" so nonchalantly was weird, I had no idea that he can act like that, mainly because he does not act like that with Happy or anybody else really..
Also no idea why they insisted n the Sabertooth collab again, we had Yukino the entire previous arc and now we go again with that guild. Maybe it's because Sting is quite the fan favourite if you check the fan arts :P I do like him.
Mar 8, 2015 12:15 AM

Jan 2015
Aqua_Eleven said:
Before this gets out of hand like CookingPriest said this is not a filler this episode and the next episode are from the second Fairy Tail light novel
here are some pictures nothing that would spoil
Do you know where I could read this in English translation?
EtheriousNatsu8Mar 8, 2015 12:22 AM
Mar 8, 2015 12:19 AM

Jan 2015
CookingPriest said:
G_Spark233 said:
Yes it is.

No it is not. IT is adaptation of second light novel. Light novels are part of canon.
I mean I know it's an adaption of the light novel or what not, but it's still a sort of filler in my opinion. I mean, it's not apart of the manga chapters of Fairy Tail, it's some light novel that's pretty much separate from the main story. When I say to get back to being canon, I mean I want it to get to the Sun Village Arc already
Mar 8, 2015 3:58 AM

Dec 2013
EtheriousNatsu8 said:
CookingPriest said:

No it is not. IT is adaptation of second light novel. Light novels are part of canon.
I mean I know it's an adaption of the light novel or what not, but it's still a sort of filler in my opinion. I mean, it's not apart of the manga chapters of Fairy Tail, it's some light novel that's pretty much separate from the main story. When I say to get back to being canon, I mean I want it to get to the Sun Village Arc already
You're not alone. Most of us want to go back onto the manga.
Mar 8, 2015 5:45 AM

May 2012
I guess a lot of people should realize that there is also a light novel of Fairy Tail other than the manga. This episode comes from there. And seems like the word "filler" is misused here due to that. As long as episodes were adapted from the source materials, it'll always be canon, even when the arc seems to be side-tracked from the main story arcs. And those omakes were canon too even though a lot of people think this is unfortunate to be the case from what I read.

Now commenting about this episode: I like the way how the magic council introduced the exchange program. Seems like Makarov really should've let other members to go instead xD But then the humours might disappear. I wonder if Fairy Tail is the only guild that can mess things up easily o.o
Mar 8, 2015 6:58 AM

Jul 2007
Biartz said:
I hope this filler arc is short. God, please make it short >_<

Not a filler.
second fairy tail light novel set in between gmg and tartaros.

EtheriousNatsu8 said:
CookingPriest said:

Okay by your logic when they adapt FT Zero, Ice Trail and Fairy Girls it will also be filer because it is not in "main manga", LOL.

Just like omake adaptations these few weeks, this is adaptation of a canon material. So not a filler.
Mar 8, 2015 2:39 PM
Sep 2012
So you want nothing about the main manga adapted, okay enjoy another hiatus.
Mar 8, 2015 4:42 PM

Apr 2011
I'm enjoying the adapted fillers from the light novel, its fun to see my characters in another light. I hope Hiro keeps pumping these episodes out, it gives a nice world building feeling.
Mar 8, 2015 5:34 PM

Apr 2013
EtheriousNatsu8 said:
Aqua_Eleven said:
Before this gets out of hand like CookingPriest said this is not a filler this episode and the next episode are from the second Fairy Tail light novel
here are some pictures nothing that would spoil
Do you know where I could read this in English translation?
Unfortunately it has not been translated yet. The novel only came out over the summer so it's new, it will be probably be at least next summer until it gets a translation. All that's known about what happens in it are from scans like the ones I posted and brief summaries of the beginning like on the wiki.
Aqua_ElevenMar 8, 2015 5:57 PM
Mar 8, 2015 7:43 PM

Mar 2012
EtheriousNatsu8 said:
Shuhan said:
Holy shit that was some horrible animation.

Omg I totally agree. I was actually planning on posting that same exact picture and complaining about it. I had already screenshotted it and everything! Anyways, glad to know someone else was thinking the same thing I was. There is no need for me to post it, now that someone has already pointed it out. Just glad to know I wasn't the only one disturbed by it...

LOL!!!!

-"What are you guys doing here"

-"being derpy"
Mar 9, 2015 5:11 AM

Aug 2012
blfan said:
So you want nothing about the main manga adapted, okay enjoy another hiatus.
You do know the Tartarus arc is being adapted in April.
Mar 9, 2015 10:06 AM

May 2014
Funny episode. Kagura was so moe :3
Mar 10, 2015 7:42 PM

Nov 2014
KemoKemo does not even look like a dog xD

Aaaahhhh it's Sting! *fangirls*
Mar 10, 2015 9:33 PM

Aug 2008
CookingPriest said:
Okay by your logic when they adapt FT Zero, Ice Trail and Fairy Girls it will also be filer because it is not in "main manga", LOL.

Just like omake adaptations these few weeks, this is adaptation of a canon material. So not a filler.

Whether or not the light novel is canon, nobody can really say for absolute sure. But that doesn't even matter in this case, where did you get the idea that just because something is canon it can't be filler? Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.
I can understand people saying this is filler, because that really is the purpose these episodes serve. The same with the omake adaptations. To fill. We are taking a break from the main Fairy Tail story to look at some other stuff, and whether or not that stuff "actually" happened in the made-up timeline of this fictional imaginary world is crazy irrelevant.
Mar 11, 2015 2:54 AM

Dec 2013
Actually according to tvtropes this is still filler.

"the defining aspect of filler is the ''lack'' of series momentum. Filler can be safely ignored without any loss of important information."

Pretty much sums up this portion of the anime.
Mar 11, 2015 10:03 AM

Aug 2008
G_Spark233 said:
Actually according to tvtropes this is still filler.

"the defining aspect of filler is the ''lack'' of series momentum. Filler can be safely ignored without any loss of important information."

Pretty much sums up this portion of the anime.

I agree with you, whether something is canon or not doesn't really matter in determining if something is filler. Really, if anything the word filler has been misused and bastardized by english anime fans for so long that many seem to believe the canonicity of something matters in defining its status as filler.
Mar 12, 2015 1:45 AM

Jul 2007
Dape said:
CookingPriest said:

Whether or not the light novel is canon, nobody can really say for absolute sure. But that doesn't even matter in this case, where did you get the idea that just because something is canon it can't be filler? Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.
I can understand people saying this is filler, because that really is the purpose these episodes serve. The same with the omake adaptations. To fill. We are taking a break from the main Fairy Tail story to look at some other stuff, and whether or not that stuff "actually" happened in the made-up timeline of this fictional imaginary world is crazy irrelevant.

You are the type of cancer that calls every character development episode a filler, aren't you?

So far every omake adapted had significance and htis LN adaptation too

So while the episodes are there "to fill in space", they are not fillers. THey are a canon material that expands upon important concepts and fleshes out characters.
Mar 12, 2015 11:23 AM

Aug 2008
CookingPriest said:
You are the type of cancer that calls every character development episode a filler, aren't you?

Well, if you're not able to have a conversation without resorting to that level of immaturity, why should we even bother continuing? Goodbye!
Mar 12, 2015 7:35 PM
Oct 2009
CookingPriest said:
Dape said:

So far every omake adapted had significance and htis LN adaptation too

So while the episodes are there "to fill in space", they are not fillers. THey are a canon material that expands upon important concepts and fleshes out characters.

Filler episodes are episodes meant to "fill in space". No one said some of them aren't adaptations of canon material. And yes, while this material does flesh out characters and such, it's not crucial to the overall progression of the plot (the sequence of events that move the story forward).

And yes, every once in a while the main chapter count does have its own little story disconnected from the plot, like the stage play and such. But the anime blended them in with other plot-progressing chapters all the same.

Grantnarg said:
EtheriousNatsu8 said:
Omg I totally agree. I was actually planning on posting that same exact picture and complaining about it. I had already screenshotted it and everything! Anyways, glad to know someone else was thinking the same thing I was. There is no need for me to post it, now that someone has already pointed it out. Just glad to know I wasn't the only one disturbed by it...

LOL!!!!

-"What are you guys doing here"

-"being derpy"

I pray the DVD will fix this like they did the rest of the new series. Seriously, you have no idea how much the DVDs cleaned up the artwork. And I also hope there won't be too much of this...atrocity in the upcoming arcs.
haitoginMar 12, 2015 7:39 PM
Mar 12, 2015 9:23 PM
Mar 2015
the new art is too inconsistent, tartarus arc got its green lit,so i hope that budget is good and art is consistent
Mar 13, 2015 2:30 AM

Jan 2012
isn't natsu a fire user how he got beaten by kinikomi or whatever his name

Mar 13, 2015 2:30 AM

Apr 2008
AllenVonStein said:
isn't natsu a fire user how he got beaten by kinikomi or whatever his name

IT was just for comedy. And it's name is KemoKemo
Mar 13, 2015 5:47 AM
May 2014
Funny episode but still can't wait for the Tartarus arc^^
~ Dango, Dango, Dango, Dango, Dango, Daikazoku ~
Mar 17, 2015 6:43 AM
Mar 2014
Natsu and Gray crosdressing xD

Pretty funny epsiode.

Kemokemo fits Natsu perfectly!
Apr 3, 2015 4:50 AM

May 2010
"That dog is nice."
"I was an idiot for asking..." Lol.

"Ichiya's nice choice. Nice scent. Nice nice nice." LOL.

The Gruvion parts ruin as always.Thank God Juvia wasn't there.

Lol Gray as a girl tho. Natsu too LOL.

Better than previous episodes.
Apr 3, 2015 5:41 PM

Dec 2008
LMAO! Erza thinking KemoKemo looks like a dog.
Omg, Happy wa sso cute in that suit.
Erza getting insulted @ Kemokemo being called gross. Oh god.
Erza x Kagura so kawaii.
Kemokemo so kawaii.
This however...

Is not.
Apr 17, 2015 6:41 PM

Jan 2014
Are the fillers over? Continuity for the first time in forever? Is this the famous Tartarus arc I've been hearing so much about??
Apr 18, 2015 4:32 AM

Aug 2012
lilypippili said:
Are the fillers over? Continuity for the first time in forever? Is this the famous Tartarus arc I've been hearing so much about??
Fillers are over as of current
Apr 18, 2015 5:20 AM

Jul 2007
sim0n2170 said:
lilypippili said:
Fillers are over as of current

WRong. Fillers have been over since mid february.
Apr 23, 2015 2:34 PM

Apr 2013
It was nice seeing the other guilds again :) Though this Kemokemo story really doesn't need another episode :/
Apr 27, 2015 3:45 AM
Sep 2014
whered wendy come from
Apr 10, 2016 6:14 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
The important thing to takeaway from all this is how good Lucy and Erza looked in those dresses.

Also great to see Kagura and Milliana again. Both are top tier waifus.
May 5, 2016 11:35 AM
Mar 2016
When I saw cute little Kemo-Kemo, I honestly wasn't expecting a visit to Blue Pegasus, Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel. I thought Kemo-Kemo would end up turning into a demon monster thing for a filler episode. I'm guessing there's more to come from this cute little guy. I love him <3
Sep 4, 2016 11:55 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
KemoKemo adventure, new arc!!!
Sep 13, 2016 4:26 AM

Jan 2016
Fantastic episode, had its humor, and its style of stupidity xD wrecking and making trouble for each and every guild till they come to sabbertooths,and gotta explore a mystery island that just appeared out of no where. might be cause of the odd "dog" kemokemo, but looks like more info in next episode (also, maybe a new act? or maybe some long sidestory?)

Gotta kagura :3 awwww and Kagura ending :3
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Nov 25, 2016 1:58 PM

Jan 2015
Lisanna, where the fuck have you lost? Zero screen time, lel.
Dec 28, 2016 5:28 PM

Dec 2016
Funny episode. Seeing Jura lose his composure over those tablets was hilarious! That little Kemokemo thing is annoying though.

It is also very pleasing to let the Erza/Kagura ship set sail once again xD. When i saw her come up I was honestly thinking it would be nice for her to get an Ed screen but I never thought the show liked her enough to actually do it! Man was I happy I was wrong. Kagura is adorable, best Ed screen yet.
Apr 27, 2017 3:59 AM

Jul 2009
Fairy Tail's guys have no manners at all...really.
Jun 20, 2017 6:44 PM

May 2012
This is actually a start of something very interesting in my opinion! Quite liked this episode, and I'm really looking forward to see what's next.
Sep 9, 2017 7:43 AM

Feb 2009
Kemokemo is a cutie! Though that was about the only highlight this episode...
Feb 10, 2018 1:27 PM

Sep 2017
Some Kagura is better than none, but more would have been better than not enough

Anyways, looks like a mini arc kicking off, and we got a quick tour to remind us of the recurring support cast members we haven't seen since GMG
Feb 27, 2018 12:16 AM
Dec 2017
something new going on !! that little thing may Danger
Feb 20, 2019 4:24 PM

Oct 2013
All this hype I keep seeing about this Tartaros arc is giving it a mythical feel. It better be really fucking good.

And all the people over the last couple dozen episodes talking about filler as if whether it's canon has any impact whatsoever regarding quality... Fairy Tail canon is often just as shitty and stupid as the filler.

Kemokemo was cute though. :3

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 28, 2019 7:37 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I like Kemokemo :)
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 28, 2019 7:49 AM
Jul 2009
I like the dresses Lucy and Erza wore at blue pegasus. Also, I'm tempted to ask a man with a mustache "so have you been a mustache man for long?" haha
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Oct 16, 2021 3:26 PM

Mar 2010
Kemokemo is one of a kind.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 15, 2022 5:56 PM
Feb 2022
Me gusta mucho KemoKemo. Que gran capitulo, y me encanto como los echaban de todos los gremios, aunque la verdad Gray y Lyon les hicieron un favor al pelear y ser echados de Lamia Scale. Kagura ha cambiado tanto desde que la conocimos. De una chica fría con falta de expresión, a una chica dulce, y que linda se ve en el ending.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.