Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mar 5, 2015 11:28 AM

Okay, I've been enjoying the series so far with the dark vibes it has been giving off and a great score to compliment many scenes. I like it. However, I don't understand the point of the anime only root in which Kaneki joins Aogiri Tree. I mean, to me there was NO POINT in doing that at all, it just leads to the same ending anyway. It felt like the producers were looking for a shortcut to adapt the Anteiku Raid arc, as the development in the past 8 episodes have been tedious and extraneous without an actual story line; just build up.

So once again, what was the point?

Mod Edit: Modified title.
Modified by julyan, Mar 8, 2015 7:34 PM
【=◈︿◈=】セックス大好き... What can I say? 【=◈︿◈=】

Mar 5, 2015 11:33 AM
I don't know but all I can say is that the studio sacrificed his development in the anime and cut many things from Ishida's draft in return to develop the rest of the cast.

Not a fan of what they did with the draft though.
Modified by Alter96, Mar 5, 2015 11:37 AM

Mar 5, 2015 12:31 PM

Z4k said:
I don't know but all I can say is that the studio sacrificed his development in the anime and cut many things from Ishida's draft in return to develop the rest of the cast.

Wait, so the draft that Ishida had for the anime isn't fully being followed?

Mar 5, 2015 12:38 PM

For now - absolutely none. No point at all. The anime is mirroring the manga, and literally nothing unique is brought to the table, while Kaneki's development is cut by 95%. It's almost like Pierrot wants people to have a reason to bash their anime.

I genuinely hope the ''alternate route'' hype wasn't just marketing BS, but hey, we've still got 3 episodes left, so i'm stopping here.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~

Mar 5, 2015 1:03 PM
Ragna92 said:
Z4k said:

Wait, so the draft that Ishida had for the anime isn't fully being followed?

I can easily say they cut more than 50 percent content from Ishida's draft. They probably cut some stuff because it was too long.

Mar 5, 2015 1:07 PM

He got stronger n shit (Lie)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 5, 2015 1:18 PM

It was for character development. And he got his Kakuja mask I guess.

Other than that this is the reason the Anime has low ratings.. He needs more screen time. We also need development on fucking characters that matter instead of these "doves".

Mar 5, 2015 4:31 PM

This latests episodes have been a little bit more exciting, but all in all, I can asure you dear reader of this words, that the show won't stand too long on the memories of watchers, and with all the more reason, on the rankings.
Studio Pierrot has a very nice looking animation, and I can see their quality standing out as a rather unique trait amongst other studios. It seems their narrative and writing department isn't fully developed.

Still, I'd liked to see another Pierrot show, maybe more light-hearted, or different.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 5, 2015 4:31 PM

Spoiler the title pls

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Mar 5, 2015 11:19 PM

More cash
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Mar 5, 2015 11:41 PM

What was the point? None. There was absolutely no reason for them to change Kaneki's story.

...unless their goal from the beginning was to fucking destroy every ounce of his character. Then there was a point to doing this, lol

Mar 5, 2015 11:59 PM

just for lols..

no kid, he wanted to get stronger, in order to protect the ones dear to him. He did become stronger but at a cost I guess. Pretty stupid decision if you ask me, he had a peaceful life at Anteiku.

Mar 6, 2015 5:11 AM

It sacrifices his character development for the other characters. I think he'll get some big development like the end of season 1.

I'm not actually against the idea of sacrificing some of his character development for the other characters because they are just as important to the story as he is.

Mar 6, 2015 6:38 AM

GreenBenjamin said:
It sacrifices his character development for the other characters. I think he'll get some big development like the end of season 1.

I'm not actually against the idea of sacrificing some of his character development for the other characters because they are just as important to the story as he is.
No they are not. Where did you get that idea? Yes it's important to give side characters focus but if it was to cut out Kaneki's character than it's not the best idea.

Also Yomo and Uta's backstories were cut out. Arima was shown in it too. So not only is Kaneki lacking they're also removing story for the side characters. Can't blame them considering the time though.

Jonesy974 said:
What was the point? None. There was absolutely no reason for them to change Kaneki's story.

...unless their goal from the beginning was to fucking destroy every ounce of his character. Then there was a point to doing this, lol
+1. They've done a great job at that. People hated on S1 Kaneki but I'd say he was much better than the Root A one so far.
Modified by Ragna92, Mar 6, 2015 6:52 AM

Mar 7, 2015 1:14 PM
To be honest....none at all. Pretty sure Ishida is gonna be disappointed with this version as well.

It looks like they're just cherry-picking plot ideas from the drafts of the original story he wrote for this as well as the manga and then trying to mix it in a way that makes the least sense possible.

The Amon's side of the narrative is the only really solid thing they've done so far. While Kaneki's side.....is even worse put together then season 1 was.

Everything else has iconic or cool moments, but they seem to be arranged haphazardly, like they want to put in lots of neat scenes but can't figure out how to put them together into a coherent story.

And I just can't fathom why 103 bones didn't happen. Aogiri stated many times that they only respect strength and only the strong deserve to survive, and crushing Yamori and utterly dominating Ayato would've basically been required for Kaneki to even have a chance of Aogiri letting him come with them, especially since Tatara was wholly unimpressed with him already. So instead of badass boss Kaneki, we get spineless wuss Kaneki, white-haired edition.
Modified by ZanathKariashi, Mar 7, 2015 1:27 PM

Mar 7, 2015 3:07 PM

ZanathKariashi said:
To be honest....none at all. Pretty sure Ishida is gonna be disappointed with this version as well.

It looks like they're just cherry-picking plot ideas from the drafts of the original story he wrote for this as well as the manga and then trying to mix it in a way that makes the least sense possible.

The Amon's side of the narrative is the only really solid thing they've done so far. While Kaneki's side.....is even worse put together then season 1 was.

Everything else has iconic or cool moments, but they seem to be arranged haphazardly, like they want to put in lots of neat scenes but can't figure out how to put them together into a coherent story.

And I just can't fathom why 103 bones didn't happen. Aogiri stated many times that they only respect strength and only the strong deserve to survive, and crushing Yamori and utterly dominating Ayato would've basically been required for Kaneki to even have a chance of Aogiri letting him come with them, especially since Tatara was wholly unimpressed with him already. So instead of badass boss Kaneki, we get spineless wuss Kaneki, white-haired edition.

It would be bad if he injuries an ally.

Mar 7, 2015 7:25 PM

Ragna92 said:
GreenBenjamin said:

No they are not. Where did you get that idea? Yes it's important to give side characters focus but if it was to cut out Kaneki's character than it's not the best idea.

Also Yomo and Uta's backstories were cut out. Arima was shown in it too. So not only is Kaneki lacking they're also removing story for the side characters. Can't blame them considering the time though.

Jonesy974 said:

+1. They've done a great job at that. People hated on S1 Kaneki but I'd say he was much better than the Root A one so far.
Someone brought a good point in another forum. The way this season has been done has given focus on the side characters taking a part of the fight. Granted Kaneki is a part of it too but I think it will be like last season where we go into his mind again. Which we do in the manga. While people like uta and yomo are important and tsukiyama they don't take priority over amon, akira, shinohara, anteiku, juuzou, yoshimura, etc.

Mar 8, 2015 3:28 AM

Maybe it won't actually have the same ending as the manga because of the choice he made.

Until then I won't call it utterly and completely pointless.
A naughty knight should be punished.

Mar 8, 2015 1:28 PM
Zer01 said:
ZanathKariashi said:

Not for Aogiri it's not. Killing (basically) Yamori, and making Ayato his bitch would've been perfectly in character for Kaneki to try and convice Aogiri to let him in. Aogiri isn't Antieku, they made that VERY clear early on, casually killing subordinates for showing even the slight hints of weakness. Kaneki doing 103 Bones isn't just" it would've been nice to see it animated". To pull off joining Aogiri, it should've been absolutely mandatory (Tatara absolutely friggin' despised him for being a weak and useless pile of shit back in S1....and that's ALL he's been since S2 started), and the lack of it was simply the first sign that Anime Kaneki was back to his useless weak season 1 incarnation that will never accomplish anything without an unforshadowed (in the anime) power-up or someone else stepping in to save his ass....which is exactly what ended up happening.

Mar 8, 2015 1:40 PM
ZanathKariashi said:
Zer01 said:

Not for Aogiri it's not. Killing (basically) Yamori, and making Ayato his bitch would've been perfectly in character for Kaneki to try and convice Aogiri to let him in. Aogiri isn't Antieku, they made that VERY clear early on, casually killing subordinates for showing even the slight hints of weakness. Kaneki doing 103 Bones isn't just" it would've been nice to see it animated". To pull off joining Aogiri, it should've been absolutely mandatory (Tatara absolutely friggin' despised him for being a weak and useless pile of shit back in S1....and that's ALL he's been since S2 started), and the lack of it was simply the first sign that Anime Kaneki was back to his useless weak season 1 incarnation that will never accomplish anything without an unforshadowed (in the anime) power-up or someone else stepping in to save his ass....which is exactly what ended up happening.

Aogiri never casually killed subordinates and it was never mentioned that it's mandatory to break 103 bones in order to join them. They noticed that he got stronger the moment he defeated Yamori. If you read the manga then you should know post aogiri kaneki never accomplished anything as well.

I'm sorry but everything you posted is wrong.

Mar 8, 2015 2:13 PM
Never what!? HE WAS THE BOSS. The entire fact everything happened in the 2nd act (involving him and his group) was his own initiative at work. And the ONLY and i do mean ONLY reason it failed was due to Arima being the TG Universe's version of One-punch Man. Aka, a blatant deus ex machina leading to failure, rather then a worthless dog on someone else's leash what needs a deus ex machina to accomplish anything.

And I'm sorry to say, I'm 100% correct. As Always.

Tatara would never have even thought about allowing Kaneki in to Aogiri (Even Eto was fairly disappointed with him), just for beating Jason, since once is fluke and could be due to other factors especially since no one saw it happen. Beating Yamori and then utterly destroying Ayato is irrefutable proof that Kaneki has fully shed his weak bleeding heart demeanor and has the ruthlessness to truly be a part of Aogiri. (Hell Non-Aogiri Kaneki is 3-4x more ruthless then Aogiri Kaneki is....THAT is how messed up the adaption is. This Kaneki should've been basically a complete monster towards anything not directly related to those he wants to protect, just like Ayato became when he joined Aogiri).

Weaklings were worked to death for their organization and then fed to the other ghouls after they died.

Because all Aogiri respected was strength and ruthlessness. Killing Jason would've been, at best, self-defense. But he straight up TORTURED Ayato to teach him a lesson (and Ayato was stronger then Jason). THAT is how Aogiri works, and they've demonstrated this so it cannot be argued.

Mar 8, 2015 2:26 PM
ZanathKariashi said:
Never what!? HE WAS THE BOSS. The entire fact everything happened in the 2nd act (involving him and his group) was his own initiative at work. And the ONLY and i do mean ONLY reason it failed was due to Arima being the TG Universe's version of One-punch Man. Aka, a blatant deus ex machina leading to failure, rather then a worthless dog on someone else's leash what needs a deus ex machina to accomplish anything.

Cool. Mind telling me what he achieved after Aogiri arc?

ZanathKariashi said:
And I'm sorry to say, I'm 100% correct. As Always.

Your assumptions aren't correct.

ZanathKariashi said:
Tatara would never have even thought about allowing Kaneki in to Aogiri (Even Eto was fairly disappointed with him), just for beating Jason,

That's because both of them were in 23th ward attacking the ghoul prison

ZanathKariashi said:
Weaklings were worked to death for their organization and then fed to the other ghouls after they died.

Where's your evidence? I don't see it.

All I see is just your assumptions.

ZanathKariashi said:
Because all Aogiri respected was strength and ruthlessness. Killing Jason would've been, at best, self-defense. But he straight up TORTURED Ayato to teach him a lesson (and Ayato was stronger then Jason).

*Sigh* so much wrong in just one post....

Kaneki didn't even had to use his kagune that much during his fight with Ayato unlike his fight with Jason. Not to mention Jason had a kakuja so that's more than enough to tell who's stronger.
Modified by Alter96, Mar 8, 2015 2:32 PM

Mar 9, 2015 1:03 AM
He tracked down Kanou, on his own (which took most of Aogiri to do on their side, and Kaneki did so without being able to torture the Nurse to death for information). And even had a reasonably good plan for helping the manager despite the quickly thrown together nature of the plan and would've worked without Arima being there.

The manga all but explicitly states it (regarding how Aogiri treats it's weak). Keep in mind, Ishida rarely tells you something straight out. He gives you the pieces and lets you put it together yourself. As a lot of people pointed out, that many ghouls in one location would pretty much wipe out a ward to feed if they weren't cannibalizing their dead (and a lot of the Aogiri ghouls are from the 24th ward where cannibalism is the norm, especially the ones in Aogiri's more elite forces which went with them on the Cochlea raid. The majority of the ghouls they left at the hideout were just weaker ghoul's they'd press-ganged into service) to supplement their other food sources, and we see from when the rebels plan to escape that because they've been deemed useless, they're forced to work themselves pretty much to death for insufficient rations, with their dead simply added to the pile of bodies they're processing to feed the other ghouls. Part of the reason so many are trying to escape is because they want to do so before they're too weak to even attempt it. (Not mention how many of them Jason has been eating. Give that he could barely holdback killing kaneki for 10 days, and Kaneki's regeneration is much higher then normal resulting being able to wring out more enjoyment, it's very likely he was bringing in/eatings toys at least once a week.

-----------------------------------------

The only thing we see directly in TG about Arata's capture is Mado and Shinohara tracking him (though it is mentioned when they're passing the incomplete Arata .03 during the tour of the quinque factory that they were glad the Cochlea raid failed to reach the lowest levels since their best material is kept there). However we do find out later in TG: Re that it was actually a joint mission to capture a SSS ghoul for study, and required 8 teams AND Arima to take him down due to simply being damn near invincible in his Kakuja form (which is part of WHY they wanted him so badly, he was perfect for the Quinque Armor program)

-----------------------------------------

To be honest, if it wasn't word of god that Ayato was stronger (he was asked in a Q&A if Ayato was stronger then Jason (which Ayato did say that he was) and Ishida said yes, it's true), I'd actually agree with you on the Jason vs Ayato strength debate. Kaneki even mocks him during the fight about holding back and how pointless it is when trying to protect something.
Modified by ZanathKariashi, Mar 9, 2015 1:10 AM

Mar 9, 2015 5:36 AM

No idea.
Thought the reason Kaneki was trying to take down Aogiri with his Kaneki Group in the manga because he doesn't want people like Yamori and his organization to endanger Anteiku IIRC.
Kaneki's motives are barely explored upon and because of that the Bridge scene with Touka and Kaneki was pretty stiff and somewhat lacking.

Mar 10, 2015 12:53 PM

What was the reason?
Directors thoughts: "NOTICE MY DIRECTING, NOTICE MY DIRECTING, look at the great alternate story that i made, i cut out everything that the fans liked and substituted it with my pointless nonsense."
Modified by Crimson_V, Mar 11, 2015 12:02 AM

Mar 13, 2015 10:36 AM

I think it was revealed in latest episodes that he actually joined Aogiri to become stronger to be able to protect people he loves. It is not that great but I guess that's the point...

Mar 13, 2015 11:52 AM

Crimson_V said:
What was the reason?
Directors thoughts: "NOTICE MY DIRECTING, NOTICE MY DIRECTING, look at the great alternate story that i made, i cut out everything that the fans liked and substituted it with my pointless nonsense."
Ishida wrote the story.

Mar 14, 2015 4:11 AM
ZanathKariashi said:

Kaneki's group in manga failed was not because of Arima. He disbanded the group way before the Anteiku Raid and V14. Arima as deus ex machina? I dont really understand how deus ex machina exactly works but if you can read the subtle hints in the manga, you can clearly foresee Arima/Kaneki encounter is bounded to happen.

Mar 20, 2015 6:52 AM

ZanathKariashi said:
And the ONLY and i do mean ONLY reason it failed was due to Arima being the TG Universe's version of One-punch Man.

No, he chose to disband the group because he wanted to return to Anteiku. Arima had no interference whatsoever.

ZanathKariashi said:
Tatara would never have even thought about allowing Kaneki in to Aogiri (Even Eto was fairly disappointed with him), just for beating Jason

Why do you see Aogiri as nothing but a ruthless organization all for just gathering strong people? Is there some kind of audition where you have to be strong enough to join? And how did Eto ever show her disappointment with Kaneki.... she always smiled, or smirked, whenever she thought about Kaneki, or said his name.

ZanathKariashi said:

I'm sorry... what? Are you saying the aogiri is full of kakujas?