Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 3, 2017 11:58 AM

@Hrybami

I just dont like necro topics that's all. At least the necromancer has the courtesy to answer properly.

As for the question: Well for example you shouldnt able to one hit the villain of the arc right? You need to show how MC got that power up too. --> Training arc. As you know many shounens have that but still fails to deliver logical power ups.

OR maybe

Oct 3, 2017 12:06 PM

sasalx said:
@Hrybami

I just dont like necro topics that's all. At least the necromancer has the courtesy to answer properly.

As for the question: Well for example you shouldnt able to one hit the villain of the arc right? You need to show how MC got that power up too. --> Training arc. As you know many shounens have that but still fails to deliver logical power ups.

OR maybe

I don't really remember a moment when the MC one hit the villain beside one time in HxH. But from the perspective of a spectator, I prefer to be surprised by the power-up, rather than seeing its evolution through training. I'm intelligent enough to consider that the MC actually train and think of his new battle strategies rather than seeing all of it in the show. I mean, if the MC is confidently provoking the main villain, I expect the MC to have some sort of new power-up in his pocket so I can be surprised. It's my opinion of course, but I never felt that a power-up in a shounen was an asspull.

I agree with your SAO example tho.
Modified by Hrybami, Oct 3, 2017 12:10 PM

Oct 3, 2017 12:13 PM

@Hrybami

Actually my first example was about FT where the MC just casually one hits the "war god".

Oct 3, 2017 12:15 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul is mostly just asspulls imo. The story it tries to set up doesnt even go anywhere till like the very end with situations and events that literally made no sense whatsoever.

Oct 3, 2017 12:17 PM

A flunk to the story that may lead to plot destruction.
Signature is too good to show. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 3, 2017 12:22 PM

This is the biggest asspull in manga history.

Oct 3, 2017 12:46 PM
It's a word that you use when you want to criticize a show, but do not have anything of substance to say.

Oct 4, 2017 1:27 AM

When a story development is so random and nonsensical in context with the logical developments up until now in that story , that you can't stop feeling that the author pulled it straight out of his ass.

Oct 4, 2017 1:35 AM

bending logic that already estabilished in the series for convinience sake without proper explanation or build-up...

so how confinience is it? how much it's bending? how much explanation or build up to be called proper? this is where it was different...

i have really high resistance for it tbh...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]