Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2009 3:36 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally we get another chapter! I'm starting to get really confused about who the bad guys are... Mephisto is evil? Maybe? But his brother doesn't seem too concerned.

Anyways, good to have another chapter, looks like it might be monthly updates from now on.
Dec 1, 2009 4:38 PM

Apr 2008
Yeah, same here. I thought the beginning was a bit slow, mostly because I forgot what happened since it's been awhile.

Hopefully. Idk if JAC said they're gonna continue to do this series, but I sure hope so. They did a great job with quickly catching up for Bloody Monday.
Dec 3, 2009 10:35 AM

Jun 2009
I just don't get it.Mephisto allowed him to become an exorcist at the beginning of the manga and now he is trying to kill him?
Maybe Mephisto its like Yukio?Both have a twin brother that is a demon?If it is like that,who is their father?

Anyone knows if they will back releasing monthly or they will take 3 months like this chapter?

Dec 5, 2009 12:03 PM

Nov 2007
In the latest chapter of Jump SQ’s excellent new series, quite a bit happens, though it doesn’t go in any real particular direction. Whereas the last several chapters were centered on character development, this one is focused on plot development, and the story seems to favor twists and turns for now. I can’t really say I favored the arrangement – too many twists turning back on one another lead to needless complexity. First we learn that the monster attack of the previous chapter was a test, then that Neigaez was actually under orders from Mephistopheles, then that he wants to kill Rin for his own reasons, and then once again we are confirmed that Mephistopheles is pulling the strings.

What bothers me isn’t really the plot points themselves, but the execution. It’s obvious that Mephistopheles should have a good reason for all of this – there’d be no point to him murdering Rin after going through so much trouble already to train him, so it’s painfully obvious that there’s more to it. And yet, it’s also evident that Neigaez really does want Rin dead, so where do Mephistopheles’ intentions begin and his own end? Is Mephistopheles just using him with the false assurance that he wants Rin dead, or has he been given alternative orders and is trying to kill Rin as part of his own agenda?

I also wonder why it is that Neigaez seems fairly weak, and wonder if this fact has to do with the mission Mephistopheles gave him rather than his actual power level. I mean, his own attacks are almost the death of him, and he does virtually nothing to the protagonists – he’s almost just kind of a pussy. If he really, really wants Rin dead, he could accomplish it, couldn’t he? He had me somewhat convinced when he tried to get Rin with his giant… protractor in his sleep, but then why isn’t he more desperately trying to make this kid die? It’s just a bit confusing.

I enjoyed the mid-section of this chapter the most with it’s focus more on characters, which seems to be the manga’s strong point – not to say that the fighting isn’t great, because it is, but I think it’s best when the fights are also revealing something about the characters, which wasn’t really the case in this chapter.

The strongest element of this chapter was the continually amazing art, especially in some of the moments I’ve picked out to show you here. I’m always impressed not just by the detail of the backgrounds, but in how quintessentially awesome the characters are made to look. Neigaez’s hand-summoning arms were sweet as shit, and Mephistopheles continues to be Too Cool For School. Love his yukata towards the end of the chapter!

Ao no Futsumashi is still fun, but this is probably the weakest chapter yet – if we are going to pull into some more plot-intensive chapters, it should be done more fluidly and quickly.

(copied from my blog: http://suspendedanimationdreams.wordpress.com/2009/12/04/ao-no-futsumashi-chapter-7-complex-truth/)
Jun 29, 2010 9:16 AM

Apr 2010
------------------------------------------ -- --

lol... <<<< so the one planning it is the
higher<< wew... hahaha nice chapter<
Mar 10, 2011 2:37 PM

Feb 2010

I want to see the director in action...!

... hurting someone haha
May 17, 2011 10:35 AM
Mar 2009
Wow, the plot is quickly twisting. Rin narrowly avoided showing Shiemi his demonic characteristics.
Jun 5, 2012 11:06 AM
Mar 2010
shit is getting real...wonder how this will all play out.
beegyx8ball.deviantart.com

Dec 10, 2017 10:44 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All is a plan to kill the Satan´s son!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Chapter 145 Discussion

zombiewarrior88 - Nov 3, 2023

2 by landofthekwt »»
Apr 8, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Chapter 149 Discussion

GrandstarKai - Apr 3

2 by zombiewarrior88 »»
Apr 3, 12:32 PM

» havent read the manga properly and now i have questions?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 23

1 by StarZone1 »»
Mar 24, 5:19 AM

» havent read the manga properly and now i have questions?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 23

1 by L1ssv_ »»
Mar 23, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Chapter 148 Discussion

jonnjonzz - Feb 1

4 by Ittan_Momen »»
Feb 6, 11:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.