Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 2, 2009 11:09 PM
Oct 2007
asdf1248 said:
The background music was perfect this episode. Great balance between humor and drama.

I shall have to do a whole marathon of this series once it's over. Anyone have any rumors on how many episodes this is going to be?

Cool. I'll be doing the same. =D

I haven't heard anything but this is my guess based on where the manga is at. There are 40-43 chapters now I think. At the pace the anime is going and with the source plot available, the total should be more than 24 episodes. I don't want to spoil anything but if Production I.G. decides to end the anime where I'm estimating they will, the total will probably be about 30-36 episodes and that's also my hope.
Dec 2, 2009 11:30 PM
Dec 2009
Sup all...new here...glad i found a place to share thoughts.

Didn't see anyone else mention it...but who was it that said Sawako looked like a Voodoo Doll? Did i just imagine it? Was it Kurumi or one of the girls with her? The way i saw it, it was Kurumi thinking it. If that's the case, it's already a sign she's a two-face....which would make for some rough episodes coming up.

And just to share a bit...I was late in joining the anime nation. Watching random episodes of Bleach on american channels peaked my interest...and from there, i've been hooked. Since then i've watched so many series...Itazura Na Kiss, Clannad, Chobits, nogizaka haruka no himitsu (which i was so happy to hear was getting a 2nd season...and it's great so far! :-P ) and of course, my favorite, ToraDora. Anyways...sorry for rambling, but i look forward to adding my 2 cents from now on.

Be easy,

Mario
Dec 3, 2009 1:21 AM

Nov 2008
Sawako was just cute again. Still takes some time until she calls them with shortened names.
And Kurumi seems to be taking evil side soon, lol.

The best hair style for Sawako..

Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Dec 3, 2009 3:26 AM

Jun 2008
eeeeek next episode Sawako's finally going to realise she likes Kazehaya!<3

The more people hate Kurumi the more sorry I feel for her haha. Dude, it's not nice to be happy about her getting rejected, no matter how much of a bitch she is!XD
she's liked Kazehaya since forever and she doesn't have a chance with him. Doesn't that seem a little sad to you? And it's obvious that he likes Sawako, so imo that's a pretty good excuse for her not to like Sawako. And love makes you crazy. XD (I'm kidding on that last point~)

I don't have any particular love for Kurumi, but I'll defend any character recieving morer hate than they deserve-and she especially doesn't deserve to be hated by people who haven't read the manga and haven't even seen what she's like when she shows her true colours!
(And no, hating her because she likes Kazehaya or because she and Kazehaya interacting makes Sawako feel jealous is NOT a good reason. And Die For Our Ship is stupid anyway but it's SO pointless when it's directed towards a character that doesn't stand a chance in the first place.)

LOL SORRY RANT. Loved the episode. My chest hurts too!<3 Once again, I wish I knew a Kazehaya. Hell, I wish I knew a Sawako, she's so damn adorable, I just want to cuddle her constantly >w<
Once again, seiyuus are amazing. I loved it when Kazehays said "what?" softly to Sawako.<3333
And Aya really is doing well as Kurumi-(I see no hate for her this time!Yay!*feels a small victory as I ranted about that last week*) i've never heard her sound like this (but you can still tell it's her. It's nice.) has she ever done a role where she's used a similar voice? It's so nice~ I'd like to hear it on a genuinely nice character. XD
Dec 3, 2009 3:47 AM
Apr 2009
DukeofFunk said:
bitch kurumi needs to STEP DOWN. Goddam phony.
lol

That last part seemed to drag on forever.
Dec 3, 2009 4:15 AM

May 2008
Another nice episode ^^
teleporting is something i must learn when playing football now.
funny when they were talking about hair styles for sadako lol
didnt suit at all, her current is the best,.... no fluffy fluffy =/
development with kurumi and sadako, but i wonder when we will see her dark side.

but she is the perfect girlfirend ^^
Dec 3, 2009 4:44 AM

Oct 2007
by god this episode was slow. The mundane conversations & inner thoughts (first name nonsense) were repeated so much an dragged on for so long that it almost put my in a coma. I just cannot appreciate all the precious moments when they are being dragged on like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2009 6:18 AM

Jul 2008
MrsChaos42 said:
eeeeek next episode Sawako's finally going to realise she likes Kazehaya!<3

The more people hate Kurumi the more sorry I feel for her haha. Dude, it's not nice to be happy about her getting rejected, no matter how much of a bitch she is!XD
she's liked Kazehaya since forever and she doesn't have a chance with him. Doesn't that seem a little sad to you? And it's obvious that he likes Sawako, so imo that's a pretty good excuse for her not to like Sawako. And love makes you crazy. XD (I'm kidding on that last point~)

I don't have any particular love for Kurumi, but I'll defend any character recieving morer hate than they deserve-and she especially doesn't deserve to be hated by people who haven't read the manga and haven't even seen what she's like when she shows her true colours!
(And no, hating her because she likes Kazehaya or because she and Kazehaya interacting makes Sawako feel jealous is NOT a good reason. And Die For Our Ship is stupid anyway but it's SO pointless when it's directed towards a character that doesn't stand a chance in the first place.)

LOL SORRY RANT. Loved the episode. My chest hurts too!<3 Once again, I wish I knew a Kazehaya. Hell, I wish I knew a Sawako, she's so damn adorable, I just want to cuddle her constantly >w<
Once again, seiyuus are amazing. I loved it when Kazehays said "what?" softly to Sawako.<3333
And Aya really is doing well as Kurumi-(I see no hate for her this time!Yay!*feels a small victory as I ranted about that last week*) i've never heard her sound like this (but you can still tell it's her. It's nice.) has she ever done a role where she's used a similar voice? It's so nice~ I'd like to hear it on a genuinely nice character. XD

Like I'm telling millions before, being in love doesn't mean you have the right to play an act and framing up things behind from people (Sawako and many girls before, you'll get to see it) behind. That's dirty. And what about she's acting like she's not even a bit interested in Kazehaya but ALWAYS appearing behind him. She is a two-faced coward bitch. But people just feel sorrrrrrrrrry for her all the time.
Dec 3, 2009 6:44 AM

Jul 2008
Okay, srsly, Hirano's voice sounds awful there. It just doesn't fit Kurumi, even though both of them are annoying. Poor Sawako :(

but otherwise, I really liked this episode with its cute moments ♥

Dec 3, 2009 7:46 AM

May 2009
Her chest hurts? ...kawaiiii ;_;

Lolol, Sawako dolls and hair styles :D That was cute :p
Dec 3, 2009 7:57 AM

Sep 2009
TaigaXRyuuji said:
Didn't see anyone else mention it...but who was it that said Sawako looked like a Voodoo Doll? Did i just imagine it? Was it Kurumi or one of the girls with her? The way i saw it, it was Kurumi thinking it. If that's the case, it's already a sign she's a two-face....which would make for some rough episodes coming up.

Kurumi meant her to be like a creepy Voodoo doll when called Sawako a doll....
Sawako got happy without knowing the true meaning of being called a "doll"
Yoshida and yano were the ones to reveal the true meaning of the "doll" word..
Wow i have used "doll " word alot in this post..*he he*
Dec 3, 2009 8:31 AM

Nov 2007
I don't like Kurumi, she minds me of Sae from Peach Girl the manga. D: Ughhh!!

But amazing episode yet again, but something bad will happen between the friendship of Kazehaya and Sawako cause of this Kurmi girl. D:
boooo!!
O_O
Dec 3, 2009 8:46 AM

Aug 2008
I see exactly where this is going. Kurumi is making friends with Sawako so that she can confess to her about liking Kurumi, and probably even ask her to help them be together. She knows Sawako is too nice, and the only way she could possibly be with Kazehaya is to cut to the chase with Sawako. I envision some type of confession from Kazehaya where he tells Sawako he likes her (or at least beats around the bush about not being sure whether or not he should go out with Kurumi), Sawako, looking down, tells him that she and Sawako would be perfect together, not wanting to ruin her friendship with Kurumi.

Hopefully though, it will have a bitchier slant on it. Kurumi seems like she could do that and make it more entertaining for me. I'm anxious to see where this goes.
Dec 3, 2009 9:28 AM
May 2008
Another cute episode. Also, I finally understand why I like this series so much. Mostly because of how it displays a very simple premise and warm/tender visuals/characters, something I haven't seen outside of ARIA.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Dec 3, 2009 10:26 AM

Aug 2007
noteDhero said:
I see exactly where this is going. Kurumi is making friends with Sawako so that she can confess to her about liking Kurumi, and probably even ask her to help them be together. She knows Sawako is too nice, and the only way she could possibly be with Kazehaya is to cut to the chase with Sawako. I envision some type of confession from Kazehaya where he tells Sawako he likes her (or at least beats around the bush about not being sure whether or not he should go out with Kurumi), Sawako, looking down, tells him that she and Sawako would be perfect together, not wanting to ruin her friendship with Kurumi.

Hopefully though, it will have a bitchier slant on it. Kurumi seems like she could do that and make it more entertaining for me. I'm anxious to see where this goes.

Although I imagined something sort of like this when I read the manga, because like you I thought Sawako was too nice to do anything but help Kurumi, I think we underestimate Sawako's sense of being true to herself. You have to have some real inner strength to go so long without the support of having friends after all.
Dec 3, 2009 10:41 AM

Aug 2008
Aside from the fact that you seem to be speaking from a place of knowledge of events to happen in the future, I'll just say that based off of what we've seen, she doesn't have a lot of inner strength since she doesn't stand up for herself. On the contrary, I think it takes a staggering amount of weakness (namely docility) to go so long without having any friends ever. She's gained some self-confidence after defending Yano and Yoshida, but that hasn't really transferred to the way she looks at herself yet (from my perspective). I'd welcome development on that front, and, as I said seeing it turn to something cattier and aggressive, but that doesn't seem like Sawako's personality.

A little Mean Girls in this show would be fun.
Dec 3, 2009 11:58 AM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:

That's what i see happening as well, hopefully kurumi is gonna add some drama to the mix which usually equals entertainment(at least for me).
Dec 3, 2009 12:36 PM
Aug 2008
...I actually think those creepy japanese dolls are quite beautiful |D

sgfuhjfjhjf I can't help but like Kurumi because her voice is Hirano Aya's @_@;; *conflicted*
Dec 3, 2009 12:39 PM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:

You mean Kazehaya?? See francis..that's what i mentioned about "Cooperation"..
Dec 3, 2009 12:44 PM

Aug 2008
Oh yeah...Kazehaya. I thought there was something wrong with that sentence when I wrote it, but I just couldn't see it.
Dec 3, 2009 3:27 PM

Sep 2009
Damn spoiler buttons! ARGH. I can't tell if they're covering pictures or actual spoilers anymore! ;__; Now I know what's going to happen.

In other news: Super cute episode filled with an bucket-load of blushing teens.
-
Dec 3, 2009 4:05 PM

Aug 2009
This episode was so cute and funny :D Is Kurumi concocting an evil plot just so she can atain true happiness and leave Sawako in the dust?? I guess only time will tell! (Wahg! Waiting for the next episode is going to be a bitch! Why is it this anime that I only have these feelings xD)

aranelcharis said:
noteDhero said:

Although I imagined something sort of like this when I read the manga, because like you I thought Sawako was too nice to do anything but help Kurumi, I think we underestimate Sawako's sense of being true to herself. You have to have some real inner strength to go so long without the support of having friends after all.

I think you're confusing "inner strength" with independence. Until recently, all she's ever done was rely on herself to get by, emotionally and physically. If Sawako had this so-called inner strength, then she wouldn't be so heavily affected when someone praises/complements her.

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Dec 3, 2009 5:58 PM

Jan 2009
Sonja-cchi said:
Okay, srsly, Hirano's voice sounds awful there. It just doesn't fit Kurumi, even though both of them are annoying.
Wait what? Hirano Aya fits perfectly Kurumi in every sense.

And honestly, whats up with the Kurumi-hate? Is that really hard to understand that she's fighting for the boy she likes?

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Dec 3, 2009 6:12 PM
Dec 3, 2009 7:01 PM

Jun 2007
i sense something bad from kurumi, but oh well, we just wait and see.
i'm loving this series
and yess
best part was when he's trying to call her by her name
so cute ^^
Dec 3, 2009 7:05 PM

Nov 2006
Hahaha I totally lost it when Ryuu said "Kuroyama Takako". Fantastic.
Dec 3, 2009 7:05 PM

Jun 2007
and i think Aya Hirano is perfect for Kurumi & thos creepy Japanese dolls are cute r_r so its a compliment :)
Dec 3, 2009 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
Mikiyo said:

And honestly, whats up with the Kurumi-hate? Is that really hard to understand that she's fighting for the boy she likes?
Yeah honestly..she haven't do anything directly that hurt Sawako...yet :P

I guess i'm trying to saw this from Kurumi's side, yes i'm agree with you perhaps this method is the best way to get Kazehaya in her eyes

All fair in love and war XD
Dec 3, 2009 11:09 PM
Jul 2008
I wish kurumi weren't secretly evil. Then she'd offer real competition instead of being an easy target to hate.
Dec 3, 2009 11:36 PM

Jan 2008
ROFL at the Sawako hairstyles part.
Dec 4, 2009 12:10 AM

Jul 2009
LOL "Instantaneous Teleportation" XD
ROFL Ryuu sure have problem to remember Sawako full name isn't he?
I starting to like Kurumi based on her outer appearance,but i sense inner side of Kurumi are dark & twisted...I don't like this :(
Dec 4, 2009 12:26 AM

Jul 2008
LOL what a cockblock.
Dec 4, 2009 2:33 AM

May 2008
A girl, like Kurumi can be the scariest enemy. I get the feeing of a murderous intetionn in her.
Now I'm fainted from cuteness.
sayamiDec 4, 2009 2:37 AM
Dec 4, 2009 2:42 AM

Aug 2009
Pretty episode. Seiyuus increases level even more.

Can't wait for the Sawako-Kurumi face off.. XD
Dec 4, 2009 4:59 AM

Jun 2008
KURUMI IS NOT EVIL. Bad, a bitch, whatever. But evil is an exaggeration. XD
Dec 4, 2009 8:06 AM

Mar 2009
Liked this episode hate Kurumi you can just tell she's full of ill will for Sawako.

Dec 4, 2009 9:32 AM

Jan 2009
this episode... is much more sparkly than before...

anyways, another great episode. the love starting to seen between sawako & kazehaya. Also the comedy were awesome. I laugh my ass of when Yano & Yoshida imagine Sadako's change of hair lol.

Again, i still have a bad feeling about Kurumi...
Dec 4, 2009 12:14 PM

Dec 2007
It was other cute episode, and I totally loved this series. I loved the teleportation and haircut part and how Yano messes with Kazehaya as always. It’s nice introduction for Kurumi who met Sawako, and now I wonder what she plans with Sawako. I am sure that next episode probably is not good one because of Kurumi, but I really hope Kurumi and Sawako are good friends.
Dec 4, 2009 12:54 PM

Jun 2008
Ok am probably the only one but am gonna say it. Sawako is starting to get on my nerves!!
There is a limit on how cute and naive can reach before becoming lame and Sawako is touching that limit for some time now.
For the love of God woman quit making faces like God came down to earth and talked to you just by meeting someone or talking to him/her. Really she acts like she was closed in a dark room from the day she was born and they let her out a few days ago.
I also hate the stupid reaction of the people around her. Everyone stops playing to praise her for a nice kick or whatever else she gets right. How unnatural is that. Like she's everyones little cancer suffering sister or the class retarded kid that the teacher said to treat nice.

Go Kurumi!!!!! Get your man. Why the heck does she have to care if Sawako likes him?
O! yeah lets not hurt our little shy,angel,honey,flower,perfume,cotton candy,silk,fluffy cloud made girl. Ahh! i think am gone puke from too much sugar.

And in the end everyones opinion is because the story is being seen threw Sawako eyes. What if we were watching it differently? Threw the eyes of a girl that loved a boy since she was a child and now found the courage to approach him but she is in a different class and discovers that a new strange girl in his classroom has some strange effect on him and everyone else for that matter. Yeah! am talking about Kurumi.
MonadDec 6, 2009 2:11 AM
Dec 4, 2009 1:20 PM

Jun 2008
Monad said:
Ok am probably the only one but am gonna say it. Sawako is starting to get on my nerves!![...]
I also hate the stupid reaction of the people around her. Everyone stops playing to praise her for a nice kick or whatever else she gets right. How unnatural is that. Like she's everyones little cancer suffering sister or the class retarded kid that the teacher said to treat nice.
Well said. Her behaviour and that of the people surrounding her is pissing me off regularly, because it's too unnatural.
btw. she is the class retarded kid (100% socially retarded)
Dec 4, 2009 2:15 PM

Jan 2008
Word's cannot DESCRIBE how deeply and truly in love i am with this anime. It has got me thinking if Inuyasha is still my favourite anime.... ok, yes it is. but STILL, this anime is AMAZING! another brilliant episode, I'm scared to read the manga as of yet, incase i die of anime awesomeness overload!
I just LOVE the value of the first name to the japanese culture. ...WOOOOT!
Dec 4, 2009 3:43 PM

Nov 2007
Sawako was deemed a doll in this episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 4, 2009 6:41 PM

Jul 2008
aero said:
ROFL at the Sawako hairstyles part.

cabaret said:
LOL what a cockblock.

These

Yukari_Hiwada said:
Can't wait for the Sawako-Kurumi face off.. XD

haha I can't really even imagine Sawako fighting for Kazehaya. I know she likes him, but I can't see her playing dirty.
Dec 4, 2009 9:47 PM

May 2007
You know Kurumi was revealed to be the one behind the rumors so we do know she is diabolical.

I can't help but see the series being 13 episodes, with it all culminating in the sports fest.
My anime list
Dec 5, 2009 6:07 AM

Nov 2007
Gosh, Kurumi's cuteness brought my guard down so many times. I was like "D'Awwwww~... O WAIT, SHE'S A BITCH."

Fuwafuwa~

KUROYUMA TAKAKO. Ryuu ftw.
amayadoriDec 5, 2009 6:14 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Dec 5, 2009 6:42 AM

Jun 2009
I thought this is the ep were Sawako's shoes flew and landed on top of Kurumi..

The teleportation was funny

The permed hair yano and yoshida imagine lol

Sawako looks like a Sohee
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 5, 2009 9:51 AM
Apr 2009
tbh when i saw the first episode i was in love with the show no matter what i have to do every time a new ep is up i have to see asap i can't wait:)
Dec 5, 2009 10:57 AM

Sep 2009
how come rasta wasn't mentioned...damn :\
Dec 5, 2009 11:45 AM

Aug 2009
Wtf man. Kazehaya is about to say her first name man but this Kurumi girl suddenly came in. DAMN YOU.

Also, I think there's something fishy going on between Kurumi and Sawako. I mean how did they become friends that fast? Kurumi probably wants something from Sawako.

Plus, Kurumi is cute and hot, yeah, but Kazehaya likes ordinary plain girls, so F U Kurumi. :>
Dec 5, 2009 3:01 PM

Jan 2008
Kurumi is ANNOYING. sorry had to say it :p moving on.

Kazehaya's face when he blushes is just priceless x3 he's too cute >///< and it's time for Sawako to realise her feelings for him ;p
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

169 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 1, 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.