Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2015 1:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Somewhat of a slower episode. Looks like someone is secretly observing Osamu and the others.

Not too shabby overall but the pacing felt really slow now. Anyways, it looks like not everyone is showing respect or a friendly face to Yuuma either despite him proving himself already. The concept of rank wars is explained this episode though.
Stark700Feb 28, 2015 2:29 PM
Feb 28, 2015 2:49 PM
May 2012
Saw it already...!!

Another awesome episode. Now we know how rank wars are fought out :)

Midorikawa seems to be an arrogant kid. Yuma gets angry because he disrespects Mikumo so he's gonna kick his ass :D
animenoobsterFeb 28, 2015 3:17 PM
Feb 28, 2015 4:06 PM

Aug 2014
Preps > Action
Feb 28, 2015 4:16 PM
Jun 2013
Next episode is gonna be awesum D:
Feb 28, 2015 4:28 PM

Nov 2007
Neighbor guy do perfectly. But he cannot wait and did rank wars. lol @ those threesome.

The higher-up talking about those two new. So they know Neighbor has many planets.

The guy who peak at them in the beginning challenged him to rank war, and main guy lost.

Meeting those members who chased neighbor guy. One still hates him, one talks to him.

Neighbor guys is mad at that enemy looking down after winning the main guy after that and lying.

Chibi explanation about the training to rank B.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 28, 2015 4:40 PM
May 2012
tsubasalover said:
Neighbor guy do perfectly. But he cannot wait and did rank wars. lol @ those threesome.

The higher-up talking about those two new. So they know Neighbor has many planets.

The guy who peak at them in the beginning challenged him to rank war, and main guy lost.

Meeting those members who chased neighbor guy. One still hates him, one talks to him.

Neighbor guys is mad at that enemy looking down after winning the main guy after that and lying.

Why are you still watching this anime? I thought you've dropped it already? LOL
Feb 28, 2015 5:32 PM

Dec 2013
Too bad the pacing is so slow that the episode always ends as soon as I start getting into it
Feb 28, 2015 5:51 PM

Nov 2013
Good episode. Yuuma being badass at the end <3

Feb 28, 2015 6:02 PM

May 2013
Yuma was pretty cool at the end there. Can't wait to see this battle.
Feb 28, 2015 7:02 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I love how Rindou already knows how Kido would try to trap Tamakoma brunch, or Kuga to be more specific. After Jin, this guy is my favorite.

Shuji is too hard-headed. Kuga is being kind enough to offer him assistance to avenge his sister, and he just pushed him aside. What a guy!

Midorikawa probably wanted to take the spotlight by defeating someone who tied with Kazama. Kind of disappointed that Osamu was no match for him.
Kuga was badass at the end though! Loved his condition to regain Osamu's honor.

Decent episode. Aside more about the next Neighbor invasion, looking forward to the duel between Kuga and Midorikawa. They're quite similar in some ways, so might even become rivals afterwards.

Feb 28, 2015 7:20 PM

May 2012
wow. Yuma mad. Looking forward to the match!
Feb 28, 2015 7:25 PM

Mar 2012
This was so short... I WANT MORE! :c
Feb 28, 2015 9:15 PM

Apr 2013
Midorikawa, you naughty brat. Yuuma will teach you a lesson. The "meeting" will be as interesting as Yuuma vs Midorikawa, look forward to it. No Kitora this episode : [

Feb 28, 2015 9:37 PM

Jul 2009
animenoobster said:
tsubasalover said:

Why are you still watching this anime? I thought you've dropped it already? LOL
This anime is too good for people who drop it to miss. It's like Dragon Ball Z charging Spirit Bomb every episode but you still finished Dragon Baal Z didn't you? hahaha
Feb 28, 2015 10:05 PM

Mar 2014
Soo....

Basically, Osamu wanted to prove that he lost 24 times before drawing? lol.
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Feb 28, 2015 10:42 PM

Nov 2011
This was a good episode, about a manga chapter in lenght, but the filler was approriate and in character. Unless you read the Manga, you wouldn't really notice it.

First mention of the next Arc, but we'll probably have to wait another couple of episodes before it starts. Then things are really going to pick up.

Still, it was nice to see the C-Rank Training and Rank Wars explained.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Feb 28, 2015 11:30 PM

Feb 2015
I expect that this episode would be yuma vs midorikawa already.....

Maybe I'm too eager? Since I can't read the manga [spoiler]because there is no scanlation for new chapter + no esj subscription in my region + no book version too... :'v
Feb 28, 2015 11:32 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Lol gotta love Osamu. His imagination of saying that he lost 24 times out of the blue, oh man. He's so honest :) But I wouldn't like that either, because people are bound to find out sooner and later, and if they find that you didn't say anything about it, you would be lying. Osamu didn't back down from a challenge either, he thought it was a good opportunity since he hasn't had a Rank War for awhile. He got beaten badly though. Still a good experience. He wasn't even mad, but Youtarou and Yuuma definitely were. I love how Yuuma says that if Midorikawa wins, then Midorikawa has to call Osamu "senpai"! And the way he says that, "our captain," along with that smug-ish looking expression. Ily Yuuma. Poor Yoneya in the back getting ignored, and he wanted a match too.
Feb 28, 2015 11:35 PM

Nov 2009
Now that my curiosity is satisfied through reading the manga, I can enjoy this show just fine, even with its slow pace. Looking forward to the next ep and Yuma's awesomeness.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 28, 2015 11:48 PM
Jul 2010
I still have no idea how this anime is ranking so low. Compelling plot, relatable characters, nice action.

This episode, once again, was amusing, to say the least. Having a character like Osamu earnestly displaying his shortcomings over and over, but still wanting to do his best, alone makes me wanna watch his growth throughout the series.
Feb 28, 2015 11:55 PM
Jul 2018
Midorikawa made Yuma mad.

Yuma is very cool @ the end.
Mar 1, 2015 3:08 AM

Apr 2008
All the politics has really taken it's toll on Shuuji... But Yuuma at the end there raising the tension! Looking forward to the crossing to triggers next week !
Mar 1, 2015 3:27 AM

Oct 2013
Articman said:
This was a good episode, about a manga chapter in lenght, but the filler was approriate and in character. Unless you read the Manga, you wouldn't really notice it.

First mention of the next Arc, but we'll probably have to wait another couple of episodes before it starts. Then things are really going to pick up.

Still, it was nice to see the C-Rank Training and Rank Wars explained.

This episode adapted 2 entire chapters! Chapter 38 and 39. Not about 1 chapter.
Mar 1, 2015 5:48 AM
Apr 2014
Hmm Yuuma seemed a bit more serious at the end there. Unusual to see him act like that. Will be interesting next week.
Mar 1, 2015 6:53 AM

Jul 2010
Well ,Yuma can easily beat Midorikawa, no doubt.
yeo
Mar 1, 2015 11:58 AM

Jul 2011
Mugen900 said:
Well ,Yuma can easily beat Midorikawa, no doubt.

Kufufufu, with a training trigger no less.

Yuma was pretty BA at the end. I love it when he sees through people. And it was really nice to see how he was angry on Osamu's behalf. It was a bit exciting, looking forward to next episode.

Can't wait to see him pwn Midorima. >:D
Mar 1, 2015 12:49 PM

Oct 2014
Oh,Yuma trying to figure out how money works...
Osamu should've noticed a rank war invite from an A agent is a bad idea.
and LOL at ''neighborhood'' you couldn't find a better name for space? xD
man,what a cliffhanger. can't wait for that A rank douchebag to get his ass kicked by yuma in the next episode.
Mar 1, 2015 4:00 PM

Jun 2014
Just a bit slow this week. but setup for for some action next week. as well as Kuga actually looking pretty angry at that kid for lying. That kid looks like he has some other motives...
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 1, 2015 5:43 PM
May 2012
Shayon said:
Oh,Yuma trying to figure out how money works...
Osamu should've noticed a rank war invite from an A agent is a bad idea.
and LOL at ''neighborhood'' you couldn't find a better name for space? xD
man,what a cliffhanger. can't wait for that A rank douchebag to get his ass kicked by yuma in the next episode.

The thing is that Osamu doesn't even know that he's a rank A agent. Heck, he isn't even sure if he's an official Border agent or not.
Mar 2, 2015 12:07 AM

Dec 2014
great...now he will teach something about respect..

Mar 2, 2015 12:59 AM

Mar 2011
Oh he had an episode where he actually made some progress, so he had to be utterly beaten next episode to make up for it?
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Mar 2, 2015 4:25 AM

Jul 2011
DensetsuNoJack said:
I still have no idea how this anime is ranking so low. Compelling plot, relatable characters, nice action.

I can't agree more. It's a really solid shounen, great series overall.

b1GZZ said:
This was so short... I WANT MORE! :c

Ikr, sigh.
Mar 2, 2015 6:12 AM

Oct 2014
TehWhiteTiger said:
Oh he had an episode where he actually made some progress, so he had to be utterly beaten next episode to make up for it?

Can't let Osamu get cocky, can we? :P

Though Osamu had made no mistake about his own powers with 24 loses and one tie, it's just that everybody only heard about his tie and nothing about his loses that everyone thought he's a legitimate badass. XD

I like it when Yuuma gets angry, especially when somebody threw shit at one of his friends. Given his mercenary years and his ability to tell lies fromthe truth I don't think Yuuma had many friends in his life yet. Especially not a honest idealistic and naive guy who means everything he says.

Next episode with Yuuma versus Midorikawa should be good. :D
Mar 3, 2015 12:16 PM

Oct 2011
Yuma beating those Trio XD

Oh damn you made Yuma pissed off.
Mar 4, 2015 11:15 AM

May 2013
It'll take 133 days for Yuuma to rank up, so he decides to join Rank Wars.
Miwa's still pissed at Yuuma, yet Yuuma's willing to help Miwa with his revenge.
Miwa doesn't know what to do, so he'll just attend the meeting about a Neighbor invasion.

So Midorikawa just proved Osamu sucks just after he was finally getting some genuine praise.
Because of that, Yuuma's out for revenge, where he'll dominate Midorikawa with a training Trigger.
Don't worry, Osamu, you'll be called Senpai real soon!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 5, 2015 11:50 AM
May 2014
Mmmm. Let's see how it goes. The plot will hopefully pick up considering its already 20 eps in and not much has happened.
Mar 6, 2015 7:08 AM

Apr 2008
DensetsuNoJack said:

This episode, once again, was amusing, to say the least. Having a character like Osamu earnestly displaying his shortcomings over and over, but still wanting to do his best, alone makes me wanna watch his growth throughout the series.

Maybe because Osamu acted completely out of character this episode? In the mock fight he was glad Tokieda lured off the spectators, but some kid he doesn't know ANYTHING about he accepts a total open to everyone rank war best of TEN at that? Don't get me wrong I like this anime, but this part meh
Mar 6, 2015 11:29 AM

Oct 2014
brandis said:
Mmmm. Let's see how it goes. The plot will hopefully pick up considering its already 20 eps in and not much has happened.

That's due the 50(+?) episodes Toei wanna do with WT, which is basically a whole year of weekly shows. So they either gotta slow down on some stuff or put in a lot of anime only content. And so far we had more slow downs than anime only content.

Straw-Hat-Matt said:
DensetsuNoJack said:

Maybe because Osamu acted completely out of character this episode? In the mock fight he was glad Tokieda lured off the spectators, but some kid he doesn't know ANYTHING about he accepts a total open to everyone rank war best of TEN at that? Don't get me wrong I like this anime, but this part meh

I think it fits his character perfectly.
Remember, he knew from the beginning that he had no hope of ever winning against Kazama, yet he still accepted the mock battle request because he wanted to learn more about a future opponent. Same with the little fellow he knew nothing about.
All Osamu knew was that the guy had to be a ranked agent as he challenged him and since his team had yet to be found to take part in the B-rank team battles (which are pretty tense btw, I like how even "normal" soldiers don't need to be superhardcoreoverpowered badasses to actually matter in combat in WT) he thought he could learn some more stuff about a future opponent.

What he didn't knew was that Midorikawa was A rank, he probably guessed that he was B rank due his age and height, similar to how Midorikawa thought Yuuma to be as old or younger than himself. And the ten battles are because you need quite some battles to build up experiences against somebody. Though we will hear later on, aka next episode, why Osamu had so much trouble with beating Midorikawa. The part wasn't meh, it made sense because Osamu does not care how he appears to others or how others view at him, he cares about his team, his friends and wants them to success and if it means that he looks superlame in ten battles but can hopefully learn something out of it to later beat that guy in the rank battles, then you can be damn sure Osamu will take on that shame! :)
Mar 11, 2015 3:31 PM

Oct 2013
Well I guess Yuma will be B rank in no time.
Mar 18, 2015 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
It was a little slow compared to the last one but enjoyable nonetheless. The rank wars seem like a seriously fun thing to do imo and I seriously enjoyed the part where Yuma was trying to make sense of the money situation.

Yuma vs Midorikawa is going to be seriously epic to see.
Jan 28, 2016 1:36 AM

Dec 2012
LMAO at Yuma during the covert training.

Osamu made a idiot mistake accepting that challenge(but it led to a badass moment later on).

Midorikawa is scum for that and it was badass when Yuma called him out on his BS lie. I got chills during that part because I know Yuma was serious.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 24, 2016 1:34 PM

Jan 2015
Bruh you make up the stupidest lies ... :D
Aug 23, 2017 12:46 AM

Apr 2009
So who the hell is this Midorikawa anyway, he didn't drop out if the sky didn't he?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 19, 2017 2:18 AM
Mar 2017
the little baby above the capybara seems to have the voice of a seiyu senior hahaha
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 26, 2020 2:23 PM

Nov 2016
I probably said it already, but Yuuma is such a troll xD Also funny how he took on the baka trio. Training, Rank Wars, this is such an enjoyable shounen and I honestly don't mind this kind of slow pace at all.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 19, 2020 7:07 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Osamu... well it's not really surprising but still sad for him, Kuga is going to get a revenge for him next ep I guess
Jun 18, 2022 2:48 PM

Mar 2019
I don't like Jin's side effect, it's too strong.

Osamu got destroyed by that kid that destroyed the training neighbor in 4 seconds, but Yumaaa, that scene was great.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 23, 2023 9:53 PM
Jul 2020
Why do Midorikawa gotta do Mikumo dirty like that bro? SMH

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2015

50 by HiraNyanNyaw »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:00 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

29 by ArcCryptid »»
Oct 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

62 by spitinyourmouth »»
Sep 28, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

56 by kx2x »»
Sep 11, 2023 6:54 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

48 by kx2x »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.