Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Episode 8 Discussion

Feb 28, 2015 3:52 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm getting some weird vibes from that owl

More of the fashionable episode or what not. There's some flashy photo shoot but overall felt slow with the storytelling again. Those sailor-like outfits though...on stage. And lol, that jump almost caught me off guard this episode.

Feb 28, 2015 2:26 PM

Aw, nice to see the group and family support him (except the little sis I guess).

The president's speech about the relationship between idols and people is so true! That was well done. ^^

Feb 28, 2015 8:15 PM
Anime Moderator
I like Kakeru, but sometimes, he's really frustrating to watch...like in this episode. I don't think he's necessarily embarrassed by his parents going to watch him sometimes, but I didn't like how he told them not to go to his performances by giving them the same reason Kira gave. If Kira didn't say that, would he have told his parents outright not to go to his shows anymore?

At least he grew in this episode. I would get angry too that people just change my words around for a more interesting answer that would guarantee better readership. I mean yeah, interviews are supposed to be interesting and entertaining, but I think it should be accurate and honest too. Anyways, Kakeru seems to be quite the popular one. I know he's still confused about life and not sure what he's doing, but above all, I think he just doesn't have the self-confidence. And it's great that the group decided to give him the push. The adlib ending was really cute. Sometimes Shun and Kira don't seem like the most supportive people ever (or they could kind of be tsun about it I guess), but they seemed to have enjoyed planning that for Kakeru.

Mirorin said:

The president's speech about the relationship between idols and people is so true! That was well done. ^^

Yeah that was interesting, how contradicting the idol-fans relationship is. They want to be close, yet far. Want to know you, but not know everything about you.

Feb 28, 2015 9:51 PM
News Team
Overkilled Red

Kakeru's sister is reconfirmed to be an annoying bitch. I wish she'd shut up already! >.<

I love every time the president interacts one-on-one with each idol whenever they're facing a hurdle. His dialogues are so solid that you can't even argue even if you want to. Definitely the most interesting character of the show.

Nice to see everyone being supportive towards Kakeru which finally gave him the confidence as the new center. I still prefer Amaki though. This guy is great!

Decent episode. This season is doing progressively better compared to the previous one. Keep it up!

Mar 1, 2015 11:20 AM

Everyone is being supportive toward Kakeru to give him the confidence to being in the center.

Mar 1, 2015 1:49 PM

kakeru's sister is a bitch
yep, I said it.

(also lol @ her being a makki fan)

Mar 3, 2015 9:16 AM
tingy said:

Mirorin said:

Yeah that was interesting, how contradicting the idol-fans relationship is. They want to be close, yet far. Want to know you, but not know everything about you.

Hmm. I'm not sure it's that contradictory. Fans wants to be close to their official personas, but knows deep down that it's a show. Getting too close would break the illusion.

Perhaps illustrated by the sister who can't take her brother seriously as an idoru.

Mar 3, 2015 10:17 AM

wishing his sister would support him

Kakeru taking the center stage. Dat jump

Kakeru ED <3

Mar 21, 2015 5:53 AM

This show has officially become my favorite of the season. <3
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Mar 22, 2015 11:20 AM

"An image of me is getting ahead of me." I feel like that occasionally, Kakeru is a bit like me.

Lol that jump. Wish it could be a little less exaggerated. Otherwise, another great episode.

Tell me, how much this show would grow in popularity if they used the character designs shown in the ED song? I say, at least triple the fans.

Nov 30, 2015 3:53 PM

Did kakeru not notice that they lowered their arms...? A nice ego boost I guess

Also that quote about an image getting ahead of him... Not as much as him but I can totally relate to that

TragicRomance said:
Tell me, how much this show would grow in popularity if they used the character designs shown in the ED song? I say, at least triple the fans.

what? I thought they were butt ugly LOL